As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SE++ Street Fighter: KOF XIII out November 22nd, only three of us buying it

• Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    i dont care about 320/720 but why is this so choppy?

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    It's not for me.

I'm on 240p with terrible internet and it's super smooth.

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    I'm not getting any chop

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Not choppy for me, other then HD's animation.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    well fuck me then.

maybe on IE, i'll give that a try

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    Yay, I got the GFWL update to install.

Might be around for some fights tonight after work.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    Vann Diras wrote:
    yo nogs shit looks but but sound is lagging behind the video? or maybe the other way around but they are out of sync

yeah, i think i figured out how to fix this.

Right now this is the setup:

PS3 -> Hauppauge(Video & Audio) -> TV

Hauppaugue Stream Video - > PC via USB

Hauppauge Stream Audio & Microphone Audio -> Mixer -> PC via 3.5mm jack

then Xsplit to capture the Video and Audio.

Problem with that set up is that I am getting my Audio and my Video for streaming via 2 different inputs. One is USB and the other is 3.5mm jack. Add in processing power for encoding and streaming, the Video ends up lagging a couple seconds.

This way to fix this (I think) is to make is so the Audio and Video are both coming into the PC via 1 input.

To do this, I would first next a HDMI splitter and a HDMI-to-Component converter. This will allow me to still have game audio on the TV without bringing in Mic sound and creating feedback.

I would take the Video from the HDMI-to-Component converter and plug that into the Hauppauge. Then take the audio from the HDMI-to-Component converter to the TAPE IN on my mixer. Then run the Mixer Line Out all the way back to the Hauppauge Audio Inputs. Then run the Hauppauge to the PC.

I believe that is the setup that would allow me to stream playing in a room, and talking about what is on the screen, but also create no audio delay and greater audio control.

rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    nogs how fast can you get to canada?

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    To say that the stream chat is going in on CanadaCup would be an understatement.

2dtr87s.png
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    heh it's p brutal yeah.

but this stream is a joke, never take spooky for granted again.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    This is why I periodically give spooky my money.

2dtr87s.png
  • Options
    Havent watched Canada Cup yet today

Whats happening?

rotate.jpg
  • Options
    Sleepwalker9Sleepwalker9 Registered User regular
    Audio crashing, video crashing, general lag, commercials after every match.

Oh, and some MvC3 going on right now.

Xbox Live: Reborn9
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    I hope AE is smoother

That's really the only game I even care about.

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    TashernTashern Registered User regular
    Audio crashing, video crashing, general lag, commercials after every match.

Oh, and some MvC3 going on right now.

Is this an exaggeration? If not fuuuuuuck that.

• Options
    It is not an exaggeration.

2dtr87s.png
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    I... see no ads

Maybe it's because I had adblock on?

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    yeah this is choppy as shit

dudes are trying to encode too much with video or they dont have a good enough compy doing this right now.

you can tell because the audio is working flawless

rotate.jpg
  • Options
    TashernTashern Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Spooky sorta swore off Canada for a while, right?

Not that I blame him or anything.

Tashern on
  • Options
    Sleepwalker9Sleepwalker9 Registered User regular
    After this, they'll be begging him to come back, next year.

Xbox Live: Reborn9
  • Options
    yeah, it's the game video-in thats is fucking up.

the cameras and audio are fine.

they dont have the power to encode and stream the game video.

wonder if they are doing straight feed from game or if they are doing screen capture.

screen region cap takes a lot more power

rotate.jpg
  • Options
    the only thing im not sure of is how multiple quality selector streaming works.

if it is a thing Justin.tv does automatically then yeah, they just have a shitty computer doing it.

if, however, each stream quality selection is - in iteslef - a completely separate stream feed, than they are technically encoding 5 streams at once. If thats the case they need to limit it to just 360 and 720.

rotate.jpg
  • Options
    Shut down stream and stream chat because your stream is ass, people are mad about it, and you encouraged people to pay for the "high quality" options.

CanadaCup

2dtr87s.png
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    I... see no ads

Maybe it's because I had adblock on?

Yeah, same.

Though they do have in-stream Twitch.tv ads very often.

acpRlGW.jpg
  • Options
    That is true

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    if 720p+ really means higher than 720p, they need to turn that off.

most these games cant even go higher than 720p, and they are killing their processors by trying to go over that

rotate.jpg
  • Options
    oh look, they just did what I said.

rotate.jpg
  • Options
    knock on wood but it seems smoother now

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Oh. Maybe I misheard.

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    i told them to press the turbo button on that 486 they're streaming from

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    I'm torn between team USA and team Europe

Cuz I mean.

USA. But. Louffy.

I just don't know.

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Can you guys blow up this thread when the round robin starts so I know?

I'm busying doing other things.

Thanks in advance.

• Options
    I'll just send you voice messages on xbl of me screaming

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    LabelLabel Registered User regular
    Man, Canada Cup sure seems to be in way over their head. Can't keep the stream up, never mind the quality, calling out adds over every button check, something about a 50 dollar spectator fee at the venue. Organizers can't be having a good day.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Nogs wrote:
    Vann Diras wrote:
    yo nogs shit looks but but sound is lagging behind the video? or maybe the other way around but they are out of sync

yeah, i think i figured out how to fix this.

Right now this is the setup:

PS3 -> Hauppauge(Video & Audio) -> TV

Hauppaugue Stream Video - > PC via USB

Hauppauge Stream Audio & Microphone Audio -> Mixer -> PC via 3.5mm jack

then Xsplit to capture the Video and Audio.

Problem with that set up is that I am getting my Audio and my Video for streaming via 2 different inputs. One is USB and the other is 3.5mm jack. Add in processing power for encoding and streaming, the Video ends up lagging a couple seconds.

This way to fix this (I think) is to make is so the Audio and Video are both coming into the PC via 1 input.

To do this, I would first next a HDMI splitter and a HDMI-to-Component converter. This will allow me to still have game audio on the TV without bringing in Mic sound and creating feedback.

I would take the Video from the HDMI-to-Component converter and plug that into the Hauppauge. Then take the audio from the HDMI-to-Component converter to the TAPE IN on my mixer. Then run the Mixer Line Out all the way back to the Hauppauge Audio Inputs. Then run the Hauppauge to the PC.

I believe that is the setup that would allow me to stream playing in a room, and talking about what is on the screen, but also create no audio delay and greater audio control.

thought about this even more and now im backtracking a little.

the above will work if you want an outside audio source(room mic) to be synced up with game input.

however, when you add the second Video input(camera on commentators) you run into another problem.

See, in the original setup, the Camera video (via firewire) and the mic audio (via mixer/3.5mm jack) are in sync. The game video(via USB hauppauge) is 1.5 seconds delayed from both.

So doing the above solution will make the audio in sync with the game video, but will take away the sync from the camera video.

now im thinking the only real solution here is to find software that I can set a manual 1.5 second audio delay and another piece of software the i can delay the camera feed by the same amount.

I know VAC, Virtual Audio Cable, can delay the audio. I dont know of a software that can delay the input of a video camera feed from firewire though.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
  • Options
    or I could spend $2k on a super computer and another $200 on a blackmagic intensity shuttle and thatll fix everything apparently

rotate.jpg
  • Options
    We Believe in mike ross!

acpRlGW.jpg
  • Options
    Ross...Ross factor? what?

2dtr87s.png
  • Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    Mike "Plays Marvel Versus Capcom Three" Ross

• Options
    LabelLabel Registered User regular
    WOO MIKE ROSS!

This discussion has been closed.