As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

So Genndy Tartakovsky is making a movie.

13»

• VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    I dislike Molly Shannon as a comedienne. As an actress, sure, she does fine, but it's when she's meant to be SUPER HILARIOUS that I find I can't stand her.

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Agreed.

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote:
    Blankzilla wrote:
    I mean

if it were made by any other dude I would write this off as trash immediately

but Tartakovsky is a beast. Even if the voice cast is dubious maybe it'll be good.

Yes, this is me. I will watch it just because of him. He gave us the Powerpuff Girls!

Oh, and Buscemi. I will watch just about anything with Buscemi in it.
    Buscemi is in literally everything, though!

• YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    I don't know where else to put this, but I just saw Drive

that is a fucking film, you guys

• GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    God I really need to see that and Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy.

• WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote:
    I dislike Molly Shannon as a comedienne. As an actress, sure, she does fine, but it's when she's meant to be SUPER HILARIOUS that I find I can't stand her.

Wet Hot American Summer evaporated any sense of ill will I had towards Molly Shannon and she has yet to betray that by releasing anything else that I've watched since then.

• LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    Shock G wrote:
    I really want this movie to be about a monster fighting tournament

Well, do I have the movie for you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqGIAkd5tYw

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    dbrock270 wrote:
    Flay wrote:
    Adam Sandler? Miley Cyrus?

Who the fuck is Miley Cyrus?

Hannah Montana

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8hIVIZ-GlE

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote:
    Oh yeah I am sure she hams it up

but it is clearly natural to her at this point

And if someone is going to go to the trouble of tracking down Fran Drescher and hires her for a voice role

they're hiring her for the voice she's famous for.

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I like that Fran Drescher is hidden in some Tibetan monastery somewhere apparently

• CanIJustShaveAndWearAWigCanIJustShaveAndWearAWig USARegistered User regular
    YaYa wrote:
    I don't know where else to put this, but I just saw Drive

that is a fucking film, you guys

I went in thinking it was basically an action movie, and for the first 30 minutes I was confused and angry.
    But then I started really liking the story, and the cinematography was just so beautiful.
    Plus the soundtrack was awesome.

Sincerely,
    Mikey
  • mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote:
    I like that Fran Drescher is hidden in some Tibetan monastery somewhere apparently

She even has a new show out

And her voice is a lot less annoying in it, too

• Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    Legba wrote:
    Shock G wrote:
    I really want this movie to be about a monster fighting tournament

Well, do I have the movie for you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqGIAkd5tYw

this, but animated and directed by genndy tartakovsky

• MonkeyfeetMonkeyfeet Registered User regular
    That is going to be one funky mummy

sig1.jpg
  • 2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular
    I think I can get behind Sandler as Dracula Dad.

I just imagine him sounding like a fairly normal guy who has social issues, like Sandler does when he's not doing funny voices.

Does that sound like Dracula? Nope. But it sounds so completely unlike Dracula that it could juxtapose nicely. Especially if he's playing the father of who is probably going to be a fairly strange daughter.

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    I'm hesitant about the cast as well but I really want something genndy does to do well after samurai jack and SBT were both cut short

that said, I'll be sold on the casting as long as Cee-Lo sings something, and that something is not some variation on "Fuck You"

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I'm hesitant about the cast as well but I really want something genndy does to do well after samurai jack and SBT were both cut short

that said, I'll be sold on the casting as long as Cee-Lo sings something, and that something is not some variation on "Fuck You"

I'm a pretty big fan of Cee-Lo Green. Even more so when he is played by Urkel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I34cljQQ7YA

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg