As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Renegade Ops: Just Cause meets Jackal & Jungle Strike

• BlandlytastefulBlandlytasteful Gruelmaster The Dark LunchroomRegistered User regular
    So, I got this on PS3. Anyone else remember that whole, 2 new cars for free by the end of October thing?

Steam: Blandlytasteful | XBL: Blandlytasteful | PSN: Blandlytasteful | 3DS: 3411-0354-2109
    steam_sig.png
  • MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    It has to get delayed 4 times over a span of 2 months first.

• BlandlytastefulBlandlytasteful Gruelmaster The Dark LunchroomRegistered User regular
    Yeah, with its history I'm not really surprised that isn't here on time.

I am surprised that a quick google search finds me no complaints at all about that, though. Did no one else get it on PS3?

Steam: Blandlytasteful | XBL: Blandlytasteful | PSN: Blandlytasteful | 3DS: 3411-0354-2109
    steam_sig.png
  • MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I tried playing multiplayer last night, no one was online.

So not really surprising no one is complaining.

• captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    I bought this when it was on Steam sale. Did anyone else?

• HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    I was playing this when the PC version first came out.

Great fun, but we could never beat the final level because mouse/keyboard made it very difficult.

By the time we got to the final boss, we didn't have enough lives to survive.

• captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    I am playing with an xbox controller. Works seamlessly. The shooting is still kind of inaccurate, especially when moving.

• Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    I got it on steam as well, we need to get some Ops on. I still need to get a wired 360 control for these kinds of things...
    My steam is in my Sig.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    HadjiQuest wrote:
    I was playing this when the PC version first came out.

Great fun, but we could never beat the final level because mouse/keyboard made it very difficult.

By the time we got to the final boss, we didn't have enough lives to survive.

Did you try tank controls?

I dunno, I did it with KBAM and default controls and I think I died... twice? In beating the game on normal with 1 co-op partner.

• CyberJackalCyberJackal Registered User regular
    I picked this up during the sale as well. I'd be down for some renegade co-ops.

• BullioBullio Registered User regular
    I picked this up during the sale as well. I'd be down for some renegade co-ops.

Ditto this. I ran through the whole campaign (I game over'ed just before the final boss) with...Taranis, I think...when it was on sale and it was a ton of explodey fun. Count me in for some multiplayer, but I can't do it until later this evening (like 6:00-ish ET).

steam_sig.png
  • DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Coldstrike and Reinforcement Pack showed up in my game for free today. Avalanche and Sega are extremely classy gents if they did this on purpose.

• SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote:
    Coldstrike and Reinforcement Pack showed up in my game for free today. Avalanche and Sega are extremely classy gents if they did this on purpose.

Free to everyone who bought the game before the DLC came out, apparently. Which, frankly, is probably what they had to do to ameliorate the completely bungled launch.

s7Imn5J.png
    Any tips on how to beat the final inferno level solo as Diz?

I can get to the final boss, but by the time I'm there I have no lives left and I usually die with only around half HP left on the boss.

I'm considering trying to get my friends to play this again, just to finish the campaign.

• rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    HadjiQuest wrote:
    Any tips on how to beat the final inferno level solo as Diz?

I can get to the final boss, but by the time I'm there I have no lives left and I usually die with only around half HP left on the boss.

I'm considering trying to get my friends to play this again, just to finish the campaign.

I did exactly the same thing with Gunnar, if you're looking for somebody to play the last level with I'm up for it

steam_sig.png
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I've done it more or less solo, my co-op partner died at the start of the boss fight :lol:
    I would be more than happy to okay through the last level with you guys.

• CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I tried to start this on Hardcore. That was a bad move. These are not small stages.

Also, MORE DAKKA.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Free Giraffe Rides!!!Free Giraffe Rides!!! Registered User regular
    I do not understand the mentality that goes, "I spent a thousand dollars on a computer to play games. What? Spend $30 on a controller to make them control properly? RIDICULOUS!"

• AnakinOUAnakinOU Registered User regular
    Has anyone actually done the Santa achievement?

• ZomboyZomboy Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    I had to play through the first level of the Coldstrike campaign twice to find Santa. He seems to fly randomly around the map, and when shot enough will drop a present to collect for the achievement. I was almost through the second time before he appeared, so it might take a while to get him. And from what I've heard, it has to be single player.

Zomboy on
    steam_sig.png
    Zomboy wrote:
    I had to play through the first level of the Coldstrike campaign twice to find Santa. He seems to fly randomly around the map, and when shot enough will drop a present to collect for the achievement. I was almost through the second time before he appeared, so it might take a while to get him. And from what I've heard, it has to be single player.

I asn under the impression he only popped up on the first mission.

• eobeteobet 8-bit childhood SwedenRegistered User regular
    I played this co-op with a friend, and on the same console the split screen is absolutely wonderful (I've seen this before on an indie game... I wonder if the technique was independently developed or if the devs saw that title too... it was a platformer of some sort?)

Got this on the PS3 and was surprised to see the DLC section completely empty. This is one game I would pay to get more levels (and different power-ups) for!

Heard the proposition that RIAA and MPAA should join forces and form "Music And Film Industry Association"?
  • JMan711JMan711 6'8" weighs a f*&#ing ton He's coming, he's coming, he's comingRegistered User regular
    For me Santa popped up in the northeastern section of the map where there is a short path with no buildings or roads on it. He appeared during the assault on the airplane, after I destroyed the big carriers but before the tanks.

steam_sig.png
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    He showed up for me in the same place, which someone also previously screenshotted as where they found him, so that seems a good place to look. Wasn't there the first time I came by though, and I can't remember where I was event-wise when he did, so maybe take a few passes.

s7Imn5J.png
  • rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    Big Isy wrote:
    I've done it more or less solo, my co-op partner died at the start of the boss fight :lol:

I'd love some help on the final level but I'd say the new campaign is short enough that we may as well just play it all if that's good for you?

steam_sig.png
  • curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    Zomboy wrote:

i shot him down in co-op, and got the present that way.

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular
    Why are the achievements for this only single-player? :( Seriously ruins any chance of me getting achievements, haha. Co-op is a blast though! Go go Gordon Antlions!

Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262

• SkyEyeSkyEye Registered User regular
    Can someone help me run Renegade Ops on my crappy laptop? I keep getting "fatal DirectX error Code 15; 0x80070057: E_INVALIDARG." I still have a free Steam copy of Renegade Ops for whomever can help!

Steam: Autumn_Thunder - SC2: AutumnThundr.563 (NA) - Hearthstone: AutumnThundr.1383

• subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Gordon Freeman: Rocket Scientist

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/648749446848820008/E17EEAF1BD0D50F04E09FD96C4DDE23E8AE4F626/
    A freak tank shot at point-blank range and the right angle at the same time as the game cut-away for an objective update / cutscene. He survived the blast. Re-entry was a little more problematic unfortunately. On the plus side, I think he found Lamarr

subedii on
    rikdaly wrote:
    Big Isy wrote:

I'd love some help on the final level but I'd say the new campaign is short enough that we may as well just play it all if that's good for you?

heck yeah! W should get more people in. More 'splodey goodness!

• subediisubedii Registered User regular
    Big Isy wrote:
    rikdaly wrote:
    Big Isy wrote:

heck yeah! W should get more people in. More 'splodey goodness!

I don't mind getting some Renegade Ops on as well, shoot me an invite if things kick off, although I might not be able to tonight.

Steam page:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Subedii

• PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Crystal, the DLC character with the force field is so good. With the upgrade that gives you a smaller personal force field you are pretty much unkillable.

• CyberJackalCyberJackal Registered User regular
    I'd also be interested in Renegade co-Ops. If anyone is putting together a game, shoot me an invite.

• SilkyNumNutsSilkyNumNuts Registered User regular
    Anyone have any clue how to fix this game launching directly into a black screen? Only just tried running it, bought it during the steam sale.

I got my buddy to finally beat that last mission with me during the santa achievement day, and we played through cold strike as well.

The final mission, the train and then the elevator always wore my lives down before the final boss, but with a second player we had almost no problems at all, and the whole run felt surprisingly smooth and easy.

I maxed out my Diz, too. Woo!

And then Coldstrike was hells fun. If this game got DLC forever, I would consistently continue to purchase it. This was probably in my top 5 games of 2011. That damn good.

I would love to get one more mini-campaign.

Anyone have any clue how to fix this game launching directly into a black screen? Only just tried running it, bought it during the steam sale.

Verify the game cash (right click, properties, local files, verify).

Also, try updating Direct X and video drivers if you can.

• SilkyNumNutsSilkyNumNuts Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Nope, neither seemed to work.

EDIT: That said, there seemed to be an issue with audio drivers others have had, but as this is a laptop I've no idea what to do to update that side of things.

SilkyNumNuts on
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    You know how all the collectibles say what they are when you pick them up, right? I'm replaying mission 8 that has all the intel briefs and I noticed that one of them says Coldstrike. Was that there before? There's also one labelled Rico, which I'd guess is a Just Cause reference, and one labelled Shadowkiller, which I have no idea what is.

One of the last ones says Freeman. Is that one not there in the console versions or does it say something else? Also, from last time I played the game, I remember it as saying Gordon, so I'm not quite sure if that's faulty memory or if they changed it.

• No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    Hey, does anyone know if this is capable of being played split screen and online? Like l4d/l4d2?

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • RotamRotam Registered User regular
    I just beat this, had to knock it down to casual for the last level. It's a really fun game, got the urge to go back and level up/achievement grind.