As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

City of Heroes: Freedom (probably nsf56k)

1101112131416»

• Options
    ChimeraChimera Monster girl with a snek tail and five eyes Bad puns, that's how eye roll. Registered User regular
    So I played Champions for a while and it sucks and now I am considering CoX. Tell me something that will make me go run to the store and buy it today!

• Options
    WeX MajorsWeX Majors 8th Floor, MegashipRegistered User regular
    Honestly at this point, I'm just in it because it's the game i can make the silliest characters in, and have them appreciated.
    Honestly, look at this dude
    FIghtingNemo.jpg
    That's just the most recent example.

• Options
    ChimeraChimera Monster girl with a snek tail and five eyes Bad puns, that's how eye roll. Registered User regular
    WeX Majors wrote:
    Honestly at this point, I'm just in it because it's the game i can make the silliest characters in, and have them appreciated.
    FIghtingNemo.jpg

But can you have a tail?

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Chimera wrote:
    So I played Champions for a while and it sucks and now I am considering CoX. Tell me something that will make me go run to the store and buy it today!
    It is free

so

there's that

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Chimera wrote:

All the catgirls you can yiff

Or dragon half-angel vampire boys if that's more your thing

Scooter on
  • Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    You can have ANIMATED tails even.

Also compared to That Other Game, this one has a lot more stuff to do on account of being over 7 years old at this point, a lot more costume options, and a much bigger community. They're actually working on a real endgame, even if they're having fun with fits and starts, and they've made it much, much easier to actually play the game instead of spending time trying to find someone to play with and ugh wait for that last person and blah blah uuuuugh. Plus it's a free download so you don't even have to go to the store! whee.

• Options
    These do sound like good reasons.... maybe I will look into this game more seriously.

• Options
    Tails are important to have! Okay, I'll bite the bullet and pick up a copy.

• Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    Yea auto-sidekicking is something that seriously needs to be in every MMO by now and it's annoying that it isn't catching on

• Options
    Honestly if this 'free to play' thing doesn't work out they could probably do VERY, VERY well for themselves just leasing out their chat functions. This is still the single best chat system in an game I've ever played, and they really haven't done much to it since launch.

• Options
    RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    Basically Chimera why do you not just play it for free and see if you like it
    there is nothing to lose here
    you can thoroughly enjoy the game -without- buying it

• Options
    I'm currently downloading it.

• Options
    woop woop
    enjoy spending an entire day in the character creation

• Options
    guruslothgurusloth Registered User regular
    start brainstorming names now

the more obscure/weird the better

• Options
    I am thinking about making a few of my champion heros on here.

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    one thing I am always sad to see, is someone in game who had their heart so very set on a particular name, that they settled for using a period or other such punctuation to get it.

like "Bad.Kitty" or "Sand.Man"

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    grouch993grouch993 Both a man and a numberRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Is it still the city representative blue side? City hall in Atlas Park?

Red side used to be Kalinda or Burke depending on who your starting contact was.

*edit* this was to answer a post that was the latest on my screen. Hit submit and there was an extra page of comments that appeared. Forum chastising me for typing too slow?

grouch993 on
    Steam Profile Origin grouchiy
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    WeX Majors wrote:
    FIghtingNemo.jpg

I can't bring myself to make silly stuff like that for some reason. I guess I just appreciate it more when other people do it.

• Options
    I can't bring myself to take this game seriously.
    I mean, everyone is wearing boxing gloves pretty much. Its' not exactly some rugged realistic game.
    Also it is just so much more fun to make silly villains and heroes
    there are so many possible puns

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited November 2011
    I want to make both an Electric Armor Tank and a Martial Arts something (to abuse animation times and procs), but I'm not sure what sets to go with. I might make a MA/Shield scrapper, but I have no idea with the Elec Tank. Already got an Elec/Elec and I'm not doing THAT twice.

A duck! on
  • Options
    WeX MajorsWeX Majors 8th Floor, MegashipRegistered User regular
    RubberAC wrote:
    there are so many possible puns
    Shake.jpg
    Shamrock Shake

• Options
    258q88j.jpg

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Owenashi wrote:
    Narbus wrote:
    258q88j.jpg

Wow. Brilliant. :)

Holy shit. :^: And how come I don't have those costume pieces?

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote:
    Owenashi wrote:
    Narbus wrote:
    258q88j.jpg

Wow. Brilliant. :)

Holy shit. :^: And how come I don't have those costume pieces?

most of those are from the Cyborg Pack, which cost CASH DOLLAS even if you're a VIP

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    You've probably got the pieces to make this though, and he's almost as cool.
    help.jpg

• Options
    Nightmares. :(

• Options
    CanIJustShaveAndWearAWigCanIJustShaveAndWearAWig USARegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote:
    Chimera wrote:
    It is free

so

there's that

Ummm

Theres also the reason that it

is awesome and

has some great quest lines

there's that

Sincerely,
    Mikey
  • Options
    Anyone recommend a server I should join?

• Options
    grouch993grouch993 Both a man and a numberRegistered User regular
    Well, Virtue if you want to play with the PA folks. Virtue and Freedom were also ones with more population.

Steam Profile Origin grouchiy
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    For those here who don't bother with the G&T thread, there was a Player Summit held yesterday in which CoX's devs talked about new stuff coming in. The CoX forums have a thread for the opening panel, marketing panel and the lore panel. Highlights are:
    - Titan Weapons are coming out December 6. Staff Fighting and Dark Control are next with the latter being free for VIPs.
    - Mini Loyalty Program coming in. Stay subscribed from 12/1 to 3/31 and recieve several free items including helmet-pieces modeled after Statesman's and Recluse's headgear.
    - Two of the new costume sets coming in will be element based. One's called the Elemental Order while the other's known simply as Fire And Ice. F&I will become the new Tier9-VIP Reward set. There's also a Gunslinger set on the horizon.
    - Issue 22's title is 'Death Incarnate' and will introduce a solo path for Incarnate building, done by turning heroside Hazard-Zone Dark Astoria into a Lv50 zone. The Banished Pantheon will stay as enemies with the Tsoo from neighboring Talos moving in. The 5th Column will have some indirect connection to the new DA.
    - The next I-Trial after TPN and MoM is one based around Diabolique, the Praetorian conterpart of Numina.
    - Praetoria's story will end, with the next threat already set.
    - Recluse's Praetorian counterpart may be dead but someone there does have his power.
    - There's plans for a story involving the new tutorial's Shivans.
    - They have something in the works for the Knives of Artemis content-wise as well as the Luddites.
    - 'Super Packs' will be introduced to the P-Market. Basically they're a 'pack' of five random 'cards' that you can redeem for items such as the Enhancement unslotters, special Inspirations and other already available stuff as well as exclusive items like the Elemental Order costume pieces and the AT-IO sets. Price for the 'packs' are said to be quite cheap and it seems like they're going to make sure you don't get repeats of certain items once you get them in a previous pack.
    - They're adding a new Enhancement converter (which you can see in-game already if you type in the right command) which will let you change (so far) IOs. You'll be able to change a particular one in a set for another in the same set, change an IO from one within it's type to another (melee to melee) or change it into a random one of the same rarity.

Here's some of the pictures from the powerpoint displays at the Summit.
    17lad.jpg
    190xc.jpg
    6e7lp.jpg
    i62xg.jpg
    e30sp.jpg
    obqq.jpg
    g3yrbo.jpg

Owenashi on
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    yes hi this is a game i just got

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Well, I guess the CoX-devs just couldn't keep the 'Who' of the Who Will Die SSA a secret anymore.
    HBlPc.jpg

Owenashi on
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I hope he gets killed with time bullets

2x39jD4.jpg