As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

You are all the dumb ones for drinking regular water

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Larlar wrote:
    Larlar wrote:
    Larlar wrote:
    Larlar wrote:
    I used to use a Brita filter but I got tired of buying them. I actually like the taste of the tap water here in Minnesota...and it's nice and cold out of the sink.

I've been using the same filter now for like a year. I don't know if it's still actually filtering water for me but, if it isn't, I'm here to report that the placebo effect also makes water taste quite good.

I believe I've read somewhere that those filters can become a breeding ground for bacteria if not changed often.

What they don't tell you is that the bacteria filters water even better than the filter.

Until the bacteria becomes super powered and starts planting millions of spores into your water turning you into a walking amniotic sac for a monstrous abomination that is more bacteria then man.

But then I won't need to sanitize my water any more, saving me the cost of 3-6 Brita filters per year.

A small price to pay to avoid the destruction of all mankind at the hands of bacteria men...and ladies :winky:

Bacteria ladies are nothing new. Vaginas have always been breeding grounds.

Now imagine that vagina smell and texture...but all over the place. That's a bacteria lady. :winky:

DzgT0.png

• LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Larlar wrote:
    Larlar wrote:
    Larlar wrote:
    Larlar wrote:
    I used to use a Brita filter but I got tired of buying them. I actually like the taste of the tap water here in Minnesota...and it's nice and cold out of the sink.

I've been using the same filter now for like a year. I don't know if it's still actually filtering water for me but, if it isn't, I'm here to report that the placebo effect also makes water taste quite good.

I believe I've read somewhere that those filters can become a breeding ground for bacteria if not changed often.

What they don't tell you is that the bacteria filters water even better than the filter.

Until the bacteria becomes super powered and starts planting millions of spores into your water turning you into a walking amniotic sac for a monstrous abomination that is more bacteria then man.

But then I won't need to sanitize my water any more, saving me the cost of 3-6 Brita filters per year.

A small price to pay to avoid the destruction of all mankind at the hands of bacteria men...and ladies :winky:

Now imagine that vagina smell and texture...but all over the place. That's a bacteria lady. :winky:

Are poorly refrigerated delis related to bacteria ladies in any way?

iwantanswers3.png
  • ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    don't drink the water

they put something in it to make you forget

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Larlar wrote:
    Larlar wrote:
    Larlar wrote:
    Larlar wrote:
    Larlar wrote:

Yes, but they have a different smell. Less old vagina, and more prosciutto left in the sun too long.

• Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    My water is actually basic out of the tap. Take that japanese fancy water.

Fuck off and die.
  • LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Larlar wrote:
    Larlar wrote:
    Larlar wrote:
    Larlar wrote:
    Larlar wrote:

Yes, but they have a different smell. Less old vagina, and more prosciutto left in the sun too long.

Sorry, I thought you said different smell. I don't understand.

iwantanswers3.png
  • WankWank Registered User regular
    Unless your tap water comes out effervescent shitstain, there is no reason for you to buy bottled water, ever

hate people who buy bottled water when there's water fountains everywhere, fuck

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Larlar wrote:
    Larlar wrote:
    Larlar wrote:
    Larlar wrote:
    Larlar wrote:
    Larlar wrote:

Sorry, I thought you said different smell. I don't understand.

It's subtle. Kind of like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDAfFvYYZzs

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    there's an itty bitty change

• DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    Best water is german water. Hard water so bad you can SEE the flakes of calcium floating in it, just waiting to form a deposit on something. Delicious.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I'm gonna buy one of those things you attach to your faucet that lets you turn it into a water fountain.

Considering the one that looks like a whale.

YL9WnCY.png
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    The insistence that fracking contaminates drinking water and causes earthquakes in spite of a lack of evidence to support the claim is almost as funny as this alkaline water nonsense.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    Druhim wrote:
    The insistence that fracking contaminates drinking water and causes earthquakes in spite of a lack of evidence to support the claim is almost as funny as this alkaline water nonsense.

Well, fracking run off can contaminate ground water because during the process certain heavy metals are liberated. Depending on the mineral species in the area, the overall concentrations, how they were formed geologically, and the oxidation state of the metals, there could be a huge delta in the solubility which leads to the discrepancies between fracking contaminating at site A but not B or C.

As for the alkaline water...that looks like 100% new age bullshit to me.

Hunter wrote: »
    Druhim wrote:

Well, fracking run off can contaminate ground water because during the process certain heavy metals are liberated. Depending on the mineral species in the area, the overall concentrations, how they were formed geologically, and the oxidation state of the metals, there could be a huge delta in the solubility which leads to the discrepancies between fracking contaminating at site A but not B or C.

See, that's reasonable. But then people assume that because someone has methane in their drinking water it was caused by fracking, instead of say, living in an area with rich methane deposits which also coincidentally is suitable for fracking. So you have a correlation in the location, but not necessarily causation linked to fracking itself.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    scanhc.jpg

Isn't bleach alkaline? Using the scale that makes it super-healthy, right?

Guzzle that shit down.

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    texas water tastes like shit, and filling up ice trays is more of a pain in the ass than just getting a 24 pack of water for three bucks so I can drink cold, not shit tasting water at work

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    I saw somewhere where alkaline water is less able to absorb minerals and whatnot. So I guess the process to make the water alkaline would force the minerals to precipitate, allowing them to be removed. I'm not a chemist so that could be off, I don't know

it doesn't seem like an entirely good thing even if I got it right, cause it seems like it'd remove helpful stuff like fluoride as well

f24GSaF.jpg
  • ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Druhim wrote:
    Hunter wrote: »
    Druhim wrote:

See, that's reasonable. But then people assume that because someone has methane in their drinking water it was caused by fracking, instead of say, living in an area with rich methane deposits which also coincidentally is suitable for fracking. So you have a correlation in the location, but not necessarily causation linked to fracking itself.

There's a response on the Gasland website that literally says "We don't know how specifically how they got there we just know they're there" which is beyond ignorant. Fracking should be watched closely but being blindly against it (which the Gasland crowd seems to be) is fucking stupid. It's an incredible source of energy and it can pay big dividends to a lot of people who could really use it.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
    Yeah, it does bear studying some of the concerns but the kneejerk "omg this is poisoning us all and fracking is totally evil" is pretty naive.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • mcpmcp Registered User regular
    The tap water in chicago is gross.

I have one of those britta filter things.

Sometimes I'll drink from the tap if I forgot to fill the pitcher, but only if I'm desperate.

• CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    fluoride in our water supply is dumb and stupid and based off of shoddy science

most european countires don't have it

america is dumb

and you can't get the fluoride out with normal water filters, only reverse osmosis filters will do it, which no one has because it's too expensive

poo
  • mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    Fucking homeopathy/conspiracy theories/ energy field bullshit is pissing me off a lot more now that I have a family member who whole-heartedly believes in it

• SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    godmode wrote:
    godmode wrote:
    I am awaiting my check from Nigeria. I needed a way to support @Sassori's drinking habit.

It has probably been intercepted by the Stassi or KGB by now

Rats! Foiled again!

Wait wait wait

You're going to pay for all of my drinks?

Fuck. Yes.

fluoride in our water supply is dumb and stupid and based off of shoddy science

most european countires don't have it

america is dumb

and you can't get the fluoride out with normal water filters, only reverse osmosis filters will do it, which no one has because it's too expensive

There's no reason to get the fluoride out as there is no link to any adverse health effects and the WHO seems to think its worthwhile in a lot of areas particularly in developing nations.

Also, I guess Canada, the UK, and Australia are all just as dumb. Everyone is dumb.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
    mensch it sounds like you're surrounded by negative energy and it's poisoning your thoughts and also probably trapping bad electrons in your body

belruelotterav-1.jpg
    Druhim wrote:
    mensch it sounds like you're surrounded by negative energy and it's poisoning your thoughts and also probably trapping bad electrons in your body

Please form a meditation circle with all of your friends so that the crime rate and terrorism levels can go down I feel like that would reduce a lot of my thetans

• naporeonnaporeon Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Druhim wrote:

His positrons are negatized.

Water bottles are usually pretty dumb but water fountains are fucking disgusting, not to mention unavailable in many growed-up hangouts

• Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    I'm drinking tapwater right fucking now. What a crazy coincidence.

They even say that my cities tapwater is the best tasting in the entire world. Can you believe that, guy? The entire world. It came from some thing called the Berkeley Springs International Water Tasting aka the "Olympics of Water".

Apparently they bottle this shit and sell it in stores. That's cool to me. Whenever I escape I can take a little piece of this place with me in the form of a plastic bottle full of municipal water. I'll probably have to stuff it up my ass when I try to get past the military.

But that momentary discomfort won't matter much when I crack open that bottle of water and take a good long sip of America after escaping with my life to taste freedom.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
    Druhim wrote:
    Yeah, it does bear studying some of the concerns but the kneejerk "omg this is poisoning us all and fracking is totally evil" is pretty naive.

When the CEO of Chesapeake Energy goes on record saying the shale deposits in Ohio and Pennsylvania could be the equivalent of not one but two Saudi Arabias of energy it's time to put the big boy pants on and stop blinding hating money.

• Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    lostwords wrote:
    I only drink

Purple drank
    same

• JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    fijiwater.jpg

• LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    Butters wrote:
    Druhim wrote:

When the CEO of Chesapeake Energy goes on record saying the shale deposits in Ohio and Pennsylvania could be the equivalent of not one but two Saudi Arabias of energy it's time to put the big boy pants on and stop blinding hating money.

haha yeah, getting over the 150 years of buttfucking by energy companies that area's endured is going to be as simple as telling people to listen to a CEO of an energy company

I can totally understand why people are scared of fracking, and until there's an abundance of information about how it's not bad for the environment, I can't blame anyone for not wanting to risk it ruining where they live

f24GSaF.jpg
    Lockout wrote:
    Butters wrote:
    Druhim wrote:

haha yeah, getting over the 150 years of buttfucking by energy companies that area's endured is going to be as simple as telling people to listen to a CEO of an energy company

I can totally understand why people are scared of fracking, and until there's an abundance of information about how it's not bad for the environment, I can't blame anyone for not wanting to risk it ruining where they live

Good thing there is an abundance of information and people are already being paid impressive dividends to lease their mineral rights. A much more sensible way to prevent from future "buttfucking" would be to raise awareness and make sure people don't get swindled into selling their mineral rights on the cheap. Fighting against billions in investment and new jobs to areas that need it on unsubstantiated environmental concerns is stupid.

• Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Wank wrote:
    hate people who buy bottled water when there's water fountains everywhere, fuck

When visiting Switzerland to visit my brother he said all public fountains are safe to drink unless otherwise stated, and they have these things near everywhere. Even at the tops of mountains somehow.

I still saw people with bottled water everywhere, giving me the stinkeye when I was filling my mouth with free delicious memorial fountain water.

It does occur to me that he may have been pulling my chain.

VRXwDW7.png
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Every time somebody says fracking, I think of something else entirely.

b1ehrMM.gif
    Well its not like they pump raw sewage out of water fountains

The gross part is the public part, basically, for the same reason public bathrooms are much worse than private bathrooms

• thedude_frombaywatchthedude_frombaywatch Registered User regular
    When I go to japan my relatives have underground pumps. Showering feels amazing and your skin does clear up. It's all the chlorine in the water here I hate it

When u showed it steams you basically have. Chlorine gas. Enjoy

xbl tag: Dynamis King
    MineCraft: Menetherin
    Steam: Vloeza_SE++