As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2011 - Get with the gifting!

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Santa: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtR9_jhg7nHZdGROcWFmNE92Yl9pSURiZHdGU3VCMkE is a list of games I gave to my wife's family and my family. If you decide to get me any of those, please find my wife on Facebook and send her a message. She'll relay it to the appropriate person.

• Options
    mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    Santa, here's a wishlist if you need it.

http://www.amazon.com/registry/wishlist/1E5EJ2MD0M0NN

If you don't need it, rock on!!

• Options
    DawasaurusDawasaurus In a forestRegistered User regular
    Santa, here's a wishlist if you need it.

http://www.amazon.com/registry/wishlist/1E5EJ2MD0M0NN

If you don't need it, rock on!!

I live so close to you. So close.

• Options
    mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    D:

or...

:D

• Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    Oh man. Trace Memory 2 is only 11 UK Funbucks? I really need to make my Wii region free.

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    Niceguyeddie616Niceguyeddie616 All you feed me is PUFFINS! I need NOURISHMENT!Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Santa, I've got a Steam wishlist here, it's very small but it's quite the list...

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197980848294/wishlist/

Amazon list will soon follow, soon as I do some redecorating to it.

Edit: aaand done, here's my Amazon wishlist!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/23X95U54XA5RS

Niceguyeddie616 on
  • Options
    harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    Whelp got my gifts wrapped up, boxed and addressed. This is going to be an amazing gift for my Santee I can just feel it. So Santee should get it by the end of the week. Pretty early in the season but then I didn't want to wait because I was pumped!

B6yM5w2.gif
  • Options
    SkyTurnsRedSkyTurnsRed Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    Funny to think that, somewhere, someone might be Googling my name simply for. A gift.

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    I think this year I am going to hold out on opening my gift until Xmas. Well, I will try.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Waiting to open your presents makes eager Santas sad.

And crud. Something I really want to get my Santee is region locked and buying a copy from their region will cost twice as much as I'm already spending on everything else in US Dollars. D: (For a double kick in the shins, a North American copy is dirt cheap.)

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    ...and my various components are now winging their way here so I can assemble them and send them on their merry way south. ...did I say south? I meant north. Eastish! West by southwest! Sideways! (Whew, almost gave myself away there.)

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    Cloud, I'm going to laugh if you got me again. :mrgreen:

• Options
    Hypatia is probably trolling Cloud at this point. :P

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    OK, since people seem to want presents opened on arrival:
    Santa, I will be at my parents' house for Christmas. Roughly Dec 20-28, although that's just a guess. If you think your present will arrive well before then, and you want me to open it on arrival, ask Proxy for my home address.

• Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    AaronKI wrote:
    Hypatia is probably trolling Cloud at this point. :P

I am ok with this.

• Options
    harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    Proxy is a big help. Thanks to whoever operates the account.

B6yM5w2.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Aaaand... done with the semi-handmade portion of my present. Santee, I hope you (and other forumers) get a kick out of this. :D

Edit: I've always been afraid to use Proxy out of the fear that he is run by whoever my Santee-of-the-year is.

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    crap, this is the bad part of secret santa. Something I've been wanting forever just went on sale. I don't know if it's safe to buy! It could be a trap by the universe.

• Options
    KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    I should post here in case Santa is stalking me.

Santa, I think you probably got my Amazon wishlist included in the message, and the list itself is a big mishmash of stuff that I want and things I saw and thought "hey this might be cool; let's add it as a reminder". I like games, technology related stuff, geekly stuff.

The wife and I have recently enjoyed watching stuff like Breaking Bad, the IT Crowd, Game of Thrones, Pawn Stars, and maybe some other random things.

I recently got a Dreamcast up and running, so I could use games for that. I only have PSO v2 because gat damn do I love PSO.

Feel free to have a proxy message me if you like!

Kaseius on
    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • Options
    Mr HeistMr Heist It's Heist-o-Matic! Registered User regular
    Re: When to open presents.

It seems like there's always been a nice, natural balance to both sides of the argument in terms of the posting of gift get posts. Most people open their gifts right away when they get them, which provides a steady build of posts as we near Christmas. Then there's a handful of people who believe in waiting for the 25th, so there's always an extra burst of cheer as they all throw their hats in on the big day. Then, enough stragglers to ease us back out of the season avoiding the post Christmas shock.

So I say make sure to post when your package arrives to avoid a Santa heart attack, then as long as you aren't going against any special instructions (you want to avoid food going stale or small animals going dead), do the opening when it feels right to you. Chances are it will balance out to a steady stream of cheer spraying all over the thread at all times forever.

mrheist-wide.png
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Santa, here it is. The post.

I am XXL. Shoe size 13. My head is too large for hats.

I love The Walking Dead. I have all of the trades up to 14. I have most of the new figures. I have an awesome lunch pal that I got a NYCC. I have season 1 on blu ray and have all season 2 episodes DVRd.

I love Ninjatown. I have a nice little plush collection (Wee Ninja, Wee Devil, NYCC Zombie Ninja, regular Mustachio, zombie Mustachio, and a blue and orange set of the mini plushes). I also have quite a few of the little figures (one signed by Shawnimals himself). I beat the DS game and love the iPhone game.

I am getting into card/board games. I bought Munchkin at PAX Prime (and the expansion with steads). I have the Penny Arcade: Gamers vs Evil game coming in the mail this week. Zombie Dice is great. I have the physical version and iPhone version.

I could list a million other things, but these are the main ones. I will be happy with whatever I am given. Artsy and/or handmade things are awesome. I un-privated my Facebook, so you can check that out too.

Finally, I am still up in the air if I am getting Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Modern Warfare 3, and/or WWE 12 on release. Everything else is being left until after Xmas. I plan on letting the thread know in the coming days if I am getting those three right away or not.

I know I said I wouldn't open my stuff till Xmas, but we will see. I AM WEAK!

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    iMattiMatt Registered User regular
    so my Santee will be getting 3 parcels - the first of which will be delivered tomorrow - which is a new speed record me!

• Options
    elkataselkatas Registered User regular
    Rest of the gift is on route via Amazon.ca.

Hypnotically inclined.
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    Santee!

Why don't you post more? Are you shy?

Despite the sporadic posting, I have found a couple of things that you might like. It feels to early to start sending them though, but rest assured, I am doing my secretest santaest!

• Options
    MinionOfCthulhuMinionOfCthulhu Registered User regular
    I can't believe that the stalking has begun. Time seems to fly.

Santee. I'm looking for you. I cannot be stopped. I will find you.

A NICE GIFT!

mgssig.jpg1152dt.gif
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    You can tell its mt first secret Santa, first gift sent as a regular purchase with the invoice presumably :lol:

Forgot to mark it as a gift and its been shipped now. I'll have to use proxy to explain it a little as its kind of quirky. Also hope you're comfortable with it santee!

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Big Isy wrote:
    You can tell its mt first secret Santa, first gift sent as a regular purchase with the invoice presumably :lol:

Forgot to mark it as a gift and its been shipped now. I'll have to use proxy to explain it a little as its kind of quirky. Also hope you're comfortable with it santee!

Is it the subscription to the dildo/cheese of the month club like i asked?
    *runs to mailbox*

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    He's onto me! D:

• Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    Is it the subscription to the dildo/cheese of the month club like i asked?
    *runs to mailbox*

It's dangerous to say stuff like that around here! You just might get exactly that!

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Hahaha I would probably laugh until I threw up.
    And a lot of people would be getting gag gifts the following year.

• Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    Wait, is that a Dildo OR Cheese of the Month, or a Dildo AND Cheese of the Month club?

Because the first is sort of "meh" but the latter is so full of win!

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    DunxcoDunxco Should get a suit Never skips breakfastRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Maybe it's a combination of both:

The Stilton Thrillmaster, perfect stocking filler. :winky:

Dunxco on
  • Options
    Beltaine wrote:
    Wait, is that a Dildo OR Cheese of the Month, or a Dildo AND Cheese of the Month club?

Because the first is sort of "meh" but the latter is so full of win!

The second, of course.
    This month, you get the "Catherine the Great," along with a delightful tray of baby gouda.

• Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    Whoever has me, sorry I don't post much. I used to post in the WoW threads, but stopped playing. My main interests are pretty easy to find though not terribly helpful when needing to ship stuff.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    I JUST GOFT GET GOTTED

edit:
    *ahem*

giftget.gif

gift01.jpg

perfect

mntorankusu on
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    Woo! That is awesome!

The magic begins!

• Options
    freelancepolicefreelancepolice Registered User regular
    This is my first PA:SS and god damn if I'm not excited. I'm hard to stalk although I use this handle for just about everything!

I've been eagerly stalking my Santee, biding my time to strike. You see I keep my friends close, my enemies closer and my santee socially awkwardly close.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    never-ending-reignnever-ending-reign Polish Catholic entering a world of painRegistered User regular
    elkatas wrote:
    Rest of the gift is on route via Amazon.ca.

Oh Santa. You are truly spoiling me.

• Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Only too happy to giiiift. I found your Steam wish list a while ago when it was more sparse, and I didn't know if maybe you'd picked up Skyrim through alternate means (store sales or whatever). When I saw you'd updated your list and Skyrim was still on there? WELL. GIFT DECIDED ON.

• Options
    SkyTurnsRedSkyTurnsRed Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    Awesome gift get! I'd kill to have Skyrim!