As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Ache[chat]

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I forgot how damn hard it is to find information on college websites. I just want a number I can call or location I can go to from my old campus to talk about what they'd want me to do to get a CS degree from them.

• SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    A hangar is perfect for this ad. APPROVE IT.

Poor Day9. His audience demographic is assholes.

Monster music!

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I forgot how damn hard it is to find information on college websites. I just want a number I can call or location I can go to from my old campus to talk about what they'd want me to do to get a CS degree from them.

crowd-source that shit

or rather, chat-source that shit

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
    monster!

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Quizzy, the CS department should have buried the requirements for a degree. If not your student handbook should. Same type of thing you had for your english degree.

Go through what you have taken and see what overlaps and what you would have to take.

u7stthr17eud.png
    Alexander is a douche.

Mazzyx wrote:
    Quizzy, the CS department should have buried the requirements for a degree. If not your student handbook should. Same type of thing you had for your english degree.

Go through what you have taken and see what overlaps and what you would have to take.

I'm also trying to figure out in what order I necessarily have to take the stuff, which might be tricky. Basically, trying to figure out if it'll be best to hit up a CC first to knock out some straight math classes first or what.

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    gonna take a ride in to the

daaaaaaanger zone

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Mazzyx wrote:

I'm also trying to figure out in what order I necessarily have to take the stuff, which might be tricky. Basically, trying to figure out if it'll be best to hit up a CC first to knock out some straight math classes first or what.

Once you know the classes you look at the prerequisites. Now from my time as a CS major you have to have at least Calc I and II done. Calc I was a prerequisite for the starter Java programming class. Or at least you had to be co-enrolled. There is usually a discrete mathematics course though that could be a programming course(mine was a weird combo). And there is also a Matrix Algebra and Statistics course. My stat course had to come a certain list which was in the hand book.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    I really should do some homework, but I have absolutely no desire to

Also I have found it nice that I have taken more math than 90% of those in my grad program. It means I never have to take their bad stats classes and has really helped in my GIS work.

u7stthr17eud.png
    Yeah, I found a list for my old college. It looks like they'd let me a lot of the math alongside programming classes for the most part. Looks like it would take me about 3 years to get through the program, which aint great but could be worse.

But that's just one college. Should look at others.

oh that sweet womb of academia

• tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    this debate is funny to watch

Inquisitor wrote:
    Yeah, I found a list for my old college. It looks like they'd let me a lot of the math alongside programming classes for the most part. Looks like it would take me about 3 years to get through the program, which aint great but could be worse.

But that's just one college. Should look at others.

CS programs, or they were at my time really 3 to 4 year programs that had very little to 0 overlap with other programs. Very much like engineering where you had enough "electives" to take the general requirements but not really enough to do something outside the field or outside a math degree.

u7stthr17eud.png
    Yeah, that's the vibe I'm getting Mazzyx. And of course I've already got any GE or random elective crap covered from my English degree.

Has anyone else checked out http://drinkify.org/ ?

It's interesting.

• WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    Oh fuck you technology

goddamn school website wouldn't let me fucking submit a project due at midnight

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    So Paterno got fired

not good enough

he needs to be under the prison

along with every person who sat idly by

Inquisitor wrote:
    Yeah, that's the vibe I'm getting Mazzyx. And of course I've already got any GE or random elective crap covered from my English degree.

Yeah, CS really kind of is stuck between an engineering degree and math degree. I have 2 years finished and even with all my GE stuff done from my original bachelors it would still take me almost 2 years to finish off a CS degree.

u7stthr17eud.png
    Holy fuck this is getting insane.

• wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote:
    universitywebsite.png

A friend linked me drinkify earlier. Am I supposed to do bands or songs?

Jesus drinkify just told me that I should drink a whole bottle of red wine.

Jesus.

• Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    my throat is going to hurt so much tomorrow

next time relax

my throat is going to hurt so much tomorrow

I little bit of numbing spray helps relax the back of the throat.

u7stthr17eud.png
    It says I should drink an entire bottle of Jack Daniels with Nine Inch Nails.

That's bullshit.

We suggest....

10 oz. Marijuana

Serve neat. Garnish with pickled carrot sticks.

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    jack and nine inch nails? Fuck no. NIN requires something more herby.

• Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    fuck you both

maybe I'll get some animal antibiotics

wish I had insurance

“THE SISTERS OF MERCY”

10 oz. Fucking Rum
    10 oz. Monster Energy Drink
    10 oz. Kaoliang
    Combine in shaker and strain into cocktail glass. Serve. Stir vigorously.

I am disappoint in this website.

I put in Nirvana because the song Penny Royal Tea is stuck in my head

It says I should drink Buckfast Tonic Wine with what I was listening to last on my play list.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    Don’t listen to Arcade Fire alone. We suggest…

“The Arcade Fire”

1 PBR

Serve cold.

Hmm...with Dispatch it says a microbrew(okay that works) and tonic water. Who the fuck ruins a good microbrew with tonic water?

u7stthr17eud.png
    this website is trollin'

This discussion has been closed.