As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

League of Legends: Fizz patch has very few balance changes. Oh and new masteries.

• GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    this is totally what actually happened:

dude: bro I got an idea for this sweet move for the monkey king champ, he'll like get on his staff and be untargetable and it'll be great trolling
    bro: no way dude.. that's way too hard to actually program and make work in game
    dude: oh ok you're right. how about we give him a move that's like nasus's q, except it doesn't build over time... 8-) it reduces armor
    bro: dude you're a fucking genius

MONTHS PASS
    bro: dude you know that tricky staff move? wasn't so hard to program after all
    dude: goddammit bro
    Totally jealous that Stitch's trident is cooler than Monkey's staff. 8-)

• schussschuss Registered User regular
    Excited for new champ. At this point I trust xyph to make the best champs. Other than vlad. Fuck vlad.

• FlipprDolphinFlipprDolphin Registered User regular
    so some people are just stupid in LOL.

I was Skarner this game

Mid-game, there was a standstill at the middle tower of bottom lane. I was bored and went to mid to farm a little, then i came back, then ulted Caitlyn and with that we killed 3 of them from my initiation.

10 seconds later, an enemy Yi is the jungle while I am in mid farming. So the people from bottom defending tower go towards him to fight, while I stay in mid because we had no hard CC and he would just run away with his ult and ghost (as Skarner, you really need to slow them).

So Yi runs past me running away and 2 of them are like WHY DIDNT YOU ULT.

Im like really...i just used it 10 seconds ago.

We ended up losing. Our top (Wukong) decided to rush boots of swiftness and a Warmogs with crap farm againt a Tryn and blamed me for Tryn's free farm all game because i didnt go gank (even though Wukong decided to roam for half the game and lost top tower and farm because of it). I said basically his build is stupid and you dont really rush Warmogs/Atma's when you cant farm that well because you will be doing zero damage. Graves (probably his friend) defended him saying YEAH U DO BRO

Some people........

• Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    Rami wrote:
    fuck Xereth mid

All you have to do is cast mage chains then get a free kill with your tiny cd ult

This is from a very far time, but I know I'd enjoy fighting against Xerath a lot more if his spells didn't have homo-genius type hitboxes. I swear to god his laser is both wider and reaches farther than the indicator would let you believe.

• BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Yup, his Q and his ult are all larger than the animation suggests. It's been pointed out to Riot, don't know if they'll do anything about it.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Eventually they will enlarge the animation so it accurately covers the entire spell.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    i played olaf last night. he was a lot of fun, but i have plenty of jungler/top lane bruisers. i bought karthus instead.

fuuuuRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

*TRIPLE KILL*

Feldorn on
  • ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    Rami wrote:
    I'm going to be one of those losers who buys him instantly then tries to instalock him every game for the first 3 days.

me too :(

• SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular
    Feldorn wrote:
    i played olaf last night. he was a lot of fun, but i have plenty of jungler/top lane bruisers. i bought karthus instead.

fuuuuRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

*TRIPLE KILL*

But if he's fun, why not add him to your rotation? Can't go wrong with having fun.

Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
  • Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Sampsen wrote:
    Feldorn wrote:

fuuuuRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

*TRIPLE KILL*

But if he's fun, why not add him to your rotation? Can't go wrong with having fun.

fun is the worst. plus, olaf is a nice counter pick to various other bruisers, or malzahar and skarner and warwick 8-)

Feels Good Man on
  • Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    This game.

Just lost so many ranked matches.

I'm scared guys.

I dropped below 1200.

It's so cold out here.

Don't worry it gets better. The further you drop the more you get to carry and win games without playing your 100%.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    Kay wrote:
    I like Eleisa's on solo-top Nasus a lot, 'cause Ninja Tabi + Nimbleness gives him the ability to ignore a bunch of minion aggro, as well as run/chase ranged auto-attackers when he dodges with the movespeed buff.

But it's not always the best choice. If I was against someone like Rumble solo-top, I'd get Shurelya's and Merc Treads, for example.

Edit: Your thread's already got a downvote? Ugh.
    I like Shurelya's pretty much always on Nasus better for the CDR. My build with him right now is usually philo, boots 1 then straight to 40% CDR buying tank stuff as needed to survive.

Glal wrote:
    this is totally what actually happened:

dude: bro I got an idea for this sweet move for the monkey king champ, he'll like get on his staff and be untargetable and it'll be great trolling
    bro: no way dude.. that's way too hard to actually program and make work in game
    dude: oh ok you're right. how about we give him a move that's like nasus's q, except it doesn't build over time... 8-) it reduces armor
    bro: dude you're a fucking genius

MONTHS PASS
    bro: dude you know that tricky staff move? wasn't so hard to program after all
    dude: goddammit bro
    Totally jealous that Stitch's trident is cooler than Monkey's staff. 8-)

I ain't jelly, it's more that I'm disappointed Wukong ended up being so lame for being a monkey king (i fuckin love monkeys)

I'm buyin Fizz day one baby

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Holy fuck I love soraka.

Team starts doing poorly? Fuck it, mage soraka time.

Get all the kills. Never die. Catch phrase.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    Sampsen wrote:
    Feldorn wrote:

fuuuuRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

*TRIPLE KILL*

fun is the worst. plus, olaf is a nice counter pick to various other bruisers, or malzahar and skarner and warwick 8-)

yea, i might pick him up next, my problem is that i mostly jungle or play an AP, i don't get the option to be top lane often

i still like karthus too. i'm just trying to decide if i want olaf or sona next.

edited November 2011
    man olaf is a great jungler too, but yeah I have more fun with him in the solo top, and you can still "counter pick" him for ganks and team fights even if you're jungling

Feels Good Man on
  • RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    Xerath: Aight I'm mid
    Vayne: Ok I'm mid too
    Garen: I'll mid too
    Blitz(me): Fine, I'll mid
    Yi: Uhh... jungle?

I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    How can I best maximize Sona's AP in Dominion? Archangel's Staff seems kind of a waste given how short the game is.

• KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Neaden wrote:
    Kay wrote:
    I like Eleisa's on solo-top Nasus a lot, 'cause Ninja Tabi + Nimbleness gives him the ability to ignore a bunch of minion aggro, as well as run/chase ranged auto-attackers when he dodges with the movespeed buff.

But it's not always the best choice. If I was against someone like Rumble solo-top, I'd get Shurelya's and Merc Treads, for example.

I like Shurelya's pretty much always on Nasus better for the CDR. My build with him right now is usually philo, boots 1 then straight to 40% CDR buying tank stuff as needed to survive.

Frooooozen Heart is pretty much always in my Nasus build.

My Nasus build is probably bad.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
    @quid deathcap/lich bane? rush ROA? grab rylai's?

if you want to maximize AP you either rush deathcap and move to other high AP items, or stack archangel's.

• AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    man I am really glad I learned how to critically think about LoL items instead of just buying the recommended six

huntresssig.jpg
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    The recommended item list is a great thing for new players, it really is, but eventually you gotta learn to play without training wheels.

And some of them make no sense, like Gragas's pure tank recommended build.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Kay wrote:
    Neaden wrote:
    Kay wrote:

Frooooozen Heart is pretty much always in my Nasus build.

My Nasus build is probably bad.

na

I at least always pick up Glacial Shroud to get them cedars

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    frozen heart is a good nasus item

worry not, kay

• ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Arivia wrote:
    man I am really glad I learned how to critically think about LoL items instead of just buying the recommended six

Yeah I need to start thinking about things like this- I don't buy the rec items (except on like ryze?) but I am usually like HALP I NEED GUIDE

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    oh yeah I've definitely branched out in my LoL item builds, getting confident with changing things up when needed

and then I get a Dota 2 invite and I'm back to retarded, hey I can eat trees and everything has an active???

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    I ended up going 9/1/12 blitz

Running around, grabbing and punching people all day.

• AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    Arch wrote:
    Arivia wrote:

Yeah I need to start thinking about things like this- I don't buy the rec items (except on like ryze?) but I am usually like HALP I NEED GUIDE

yeah, I'm not great at anything that I didn't read a guide for first, but I know more than "welp gonna buy guardian spirit fifth"

huntresssig.jpg
    When I start a new char, I usually find an online guide, and try it out. Then start altering from there, and usually build game-dependantly.

• Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    Bethryn wrote:
    Yup, his Q and his ult are all larger than the animation suggests. It's been pointed out to Riot, don't know if they'll do anything about it.

Yeah, it's annoying against him, and you can totally abuse it as Xerath. The CD's on his regular abilities are enough that you should be able to harass between his casts with ease. OTOH, the ult is just nasty; if you're at 50% health or lower, and he pops 6 with enough mana for the combo, you have to go back. If he hits the stun, you're dead, and he can kill you under your tower without having to dive you.

i am broseidon

brohoho.png

lord of the brocean

• SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    i am broseidon
    brohoho.png

lord of the brocean

That's impressive. And I'm taking it as a challenge - I intend to put up a screenshot of a better game in the next day. Ugh that's going to be difficult.

EDIT - Also, I would like to know if I'm alone here, but I judge good Olafs by their cs. I think Olaf might be the best farmer in the game once you get your axe to level 5. One toss, 6 auto attacks and an entire wave is cleared. If you don't have top cs(or very, very close to) by 25 minutes, you are having a bad game, or you are doing it wrong.

EDIT2 - I know there are better farmers(Morgana, Anivia come to mind), but they can't do it with absolute impunity. I can push all day with Olaf and have a get out of jail free card with my ult.

Sampsen on
    Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
    Running around as singed at 1/1/6

WW: SINGED GET TANKY YOUR LOSING THE GAME FOR US

I had RoA, Mercs, and two pendants into FoN.

He ended up going like, 5/12/xx

• GooseyGooseGooseyGoose Registered User regular
    I think I'm getting old (I'm only 26, so not really). Kids in these ranked queues that bitch and complain about team comp and how we are going to automatically lose the game before the game even starts. Or, this gem in one of my last games, we are tied in kills about 15 minutes in and someone dies. "Surrender at 20 we lost." Or something equally retarded. It has to be kids right? A new generation of children that have everything handed to them.

• ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    Instalocking Shyvana: "Sigh, no tanks again."

1) instalockers never get to complain about composition.
    2) You can build your character pretty fucking tanky you know.

@raslin well, it was your fault that he fed like that after all.

• interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    man you can build shy tanky as hell and still do fuck-you damage

Triple threat value pack offering 3 of the weakest champions from their respective roles!

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    Talith wrote:
    Triple threat value pack offering 3 of the weakest champions from their respective roles!

Is Xin Zhao really that weak? Maybe he's just a pubstomper, but I've seen him wreck a lot of games.

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
This discussion has been closed.