As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[EAST] A Twittering song, Twitter at PAX East 2012 (submissions closed)

• Streetlight345Streetlight345 Seekonk, MARegistered User regular
    is there going to be a twitter meet up at Pax? Dare I say.....a "TweetUp"?

OgqpDBS.png
    PAX East 2019!
    Badges [X] Hotel [X] Time off request [X]
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Streetlight345
  • missmalice_missmalice_ closet nerd EastcoastRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    @missmalice_ go figure right :D add me!!

missmalice_ on
    Pax badge [X] hotel [X] time off [X] travel []
  • FrugusFrugus Photographer MontrealRegistered User regular

Can't say for sure, but if I may add a suggestion - be vocal about what your doing when you're at PAX and add the hashtag. At least, the stuff you don't mind sharing :) You may end up with more meetups than you can handle, but that's probably a good thing.

Example: I'm an early bird. Last year I got up very early (as usual) and started talking about how I felt like grabbing some breakfast before my girlfriend would wake up. Because I added the #PAXEast tag, I ended up hearing about every other attendee who were up around 5:30 am and who were ready to do something. If it had not been for the fact that I was too far from the mothership I would have probably had breakfast with 10 other people.

Sure, having an official tweet meetup would be nice. There are a few faces I'd like to see in person after chatting with them for so long, but if that does not happen, just use twitter at PAX to make yourself known. Look for tabletop games, things to do, etc...

Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Frugus wrote:

Can't say for sure, but if I may add a suggestion - be vocal about what your doing when you're at PAX and add the hashtag. At least, the stuff you don't mind sharing :) You may end up with more meetups than you can handle, but that's probably a good thing.

Example: I'm an early bird. Last year I got up very early (as usual) and started talking about how I felt like grabbing some breakfast before my girlfriend would wake up. Because I added the #PAXEast tag, I ended up hearing about every other attendee who were up around 5:30 am and who were ready to do something. If it had not been for the fact that I was too far from the mothership I would have probably had breakfast with 10 other people.

Sure, having an official tweet meetup would be nice. There are a few faces I'd like to see in person after chatting with them for so long, but if that does not happen, just use twitter at PAX to make yourself known. Look for tabletop games, things to do, etc...

If someone wants to set one up, that's fine. However, there will be a lot of various meet-ups already that are organized here on the forums. Might be worthwhile to wait until MUCH closer to PAX to think about a twitter specific one since so many will overlap as it is.

I think Frugus' idea of just staying glued to the feed and keeping it updated will help with impromptu meetings of folks :)

• PixelKittyPixelKitty Registered User regular
    @PixelK1tty :) Feel free to follow me! I'll be posting about my PAX preparations on occasion (probably mainly cosplay related!) and then posting updates during the con!

• FrugusFrugus Photographer MontrealRegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote:
    Frugus wrote:

If someone wants to set one up, that's fine. However, there will be a lot of various meet-ups already that are organized here on the forums. Might be worthwhile to wait until MUCH closer to PAX to think about a twitter specific one since so many will overlap as it is.

I think Frugus' idea of just staying glued to the feed and keeping it updated will help with impromptu meetings of folks :)

This man is talking sense. And plays Skyrim all the time.

Indeed there are already many community events on the calendar (if not they will all show up soon), meaning there is little room for other things. In fact I remember hearing talks about carefully planning the Pre-PAX Dinner and the Bar Crawl so that they would not step over each other's toes.

Personally I think the most sensible thing would be to simply head onto the Pre-PAX Dinner. Everyone will be happy I'm sure :)

Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
  • Streetlight345Streetlight345 Seekonk, MARegistered User regular
    Frugus wrote:
    zerzhul wrote:
    Frugus wrote:

Indeed there are already many community events on the calendar (if not they will all show up soon), meaning there is little room for other things. In fact I remember hearing talks about carefully planning the Pre-PAX Dinner and the Bar Crawl so that they would not step over each other's toes.

Personally I think the most sensible thing would be to simply head onto the Pre-PAX Dinner. Everyone will be happy I'm sure :)

Fair enough. thank you guys for all the suggestions. I will try to attend the Pre-PAX dinner and communicate with others leading up to PAX.

OgqpDBS.png
    PAX East 2019!
    Badges [X] Hotel [X] Time off request [X]
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Streetlight345
    Frugus wrote:
    zerzhul wrote:
    Frugus wrote:

Fair enough. thank you guys for all the suggestions. I will try to attend the Pre-PAX dinner and communicate with others leading up to PAX.

The trading cards meetups will be pretty close to the same feel as a tweetup anyhow :P And there will be a lot of overlap with those people.

• FrabbaFrabba Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    I'm glad to see #LonelyPAX is on the list. I came up with that at the last minute last year and it helped me meet some great people and fight off all the awkwardness of going to such a large con like PAX by yourself. Maybe this year we should arrange some #LonelyPAX meetups/events?

E. Just read the rest of the thread, agreed that we should probably wait till closer to the event. Anyways I'm @frabba on twitter though I am not heavily active until PAX.

Frabba on
    I'm big in Internet Spaceships.
  • Knuckles056Knuckles056 Registered User regular
    I wouldn't mind being put on this list

@Knuckles056

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    You can add me, @TheAggroCraig to the list

• sofreshsodarrylsofreshsodarryl East 2011 Omeganaut Los Angeles, CARegistered User regular
    This seems fun. Feel free to tweet / add me @sofreshsodarryl

• ChorazinChorazin Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    Added a bunch of you cool peeps over the past few days! I'd totes be down for some sort of Tweetup.

Twitter//@chorazin
    Google+//http://gplus.to/chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 3823 8527 9997
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
    the pax east twitter list is only going to be updated once a week now that twitter is being broken when adding people to lists (it puts some crazy number of tweets from the added person at the very beginning of the list's tweets)

• mishappmishapp CalgaryRegistered User regular
    Well I figure now that there is a good chance I am coming to PAX I should actually be active on the forums. @tonycosens is my twitter.

• ThomasAmadeusKingThomasAmadeusKing Registered User new member
    @TAmadeusKing

First PAX!! So pumped. -T

• PorkchopPorkchop Registered User regular
    @pbreardon

Second year going, first year going with more than 2 days' notice. Had a blast last year!

• IzzieIzzie It's The Avatar BostonRegistered User regular
    http://izziebytes.net // http://twitter.com/izziebot // G+
    Terrorizing the Gaming Universe one post at a time...
  • SwaeSwae Registered User regular
  • SneakyKittyTSneakyKittyT FloridaRegistered User new member
    edited November 2011
    This is my first PAX...actually my first non-work related conference/convention of any kind. I'm stoked! Add me @OHai_ItsTrish

SneakyKittyT on
  • xenardxenard Registered User regular
    I guess I'll get in on this as well. I'm @SpoonProduction

steam_sig.png
    3DS Friend Code: 2449-5711-0640
    Updated the OP to reflect the following, and will be updating the attendees list up to this point shortly.

Non-attendee lists and the hashtags are now kept updated on the Twitter PAX Community Wiki Page

• TraitoriousTraitorious Registered User regular
    Guess I can get back on the blue bird for PAX East.

@MrTraitordores

• chaosisorderchaosisorder Cupcake Princess and Pinny Whore OregonRegistered User regular
    List me, or suffer my fearsome pink wrath!

@chaosisorder

• MASeffectMASeffect Registered User regular
    @masansgaard checking in!

lloyehipr7341342326762.png
    updated :)

• Lady LilybellLady Lilybell Geeky Crafter & Baker South Shore, MARegistered User regular
    @Lady_Lilybell I bribe with cookies and crafts.

5FzIdZ6.png
    I ♥ making awesome crafts! I ♥ my Cookie Brigaders!
  • Seductive KittySeductive Kitty Registered User regular
  • testsubject23testsubject23 King of No Sleep ZzzzzzzRegistered User regular
    @test_subject_23 standing by

camo_sig2.png
    Steam: Chaos Introvert | Twitch.tv: Chaos_Introvert | R*SC: Chaos_Introvert | PSN: testsubject23
  • KellyShepard087KellyShepard087 Myrtle Beach SCRegistered User regular
    I have avoided getting a twitter account for years now. But it seems like twitter is the way to go for Pax. So I signed up. :)
    @KellyShepard087

- Biting's excellent! It's like kissing. Only there's a winner.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    Prime - '11 Attendee, '12 Enforcer, '13 Enforcer
    East - '12 Attendee, '15 Enforcer
    updated! :)

• adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    tvethiopia wrote:
    already setting up my twitter to be pax-friendly. anyone know of a better android app for twitter feeds than the standard twitter app? preferably something that clears tweets that have been read and easily lets me access saved searches?

Bit late on this thread but take a look at Plume. I know my husband loves it.

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    @handgimp but it's currently dead as a doornail

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • muddy9494muddy9494 ConnecticutRegistered User regular
    Add me to the Twitter list!

@AngryFacing

• General PengwinGeneral Pengwin The Last of a Dying Fanbase Long IslandRegistered User regular
    Second year going, first time going for more than a few hours.

@SegadorDAlmas

steam_sig.png
  • adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    My twitter is quiet now but it probably won't be for PAX so you can add me - @TechSavvyWife

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
    updated!

• griffin.brucegriffin.bruce MichiganRegistered User regular
    PAX East 2012: [X] Badge // [X] Time-off // [X] Accomodations // [ ] Travel // [X] EXCITEMENT!!!
    Twitter: @griffin_bruce GT: Nephilim Army PSN: NephilimArmy 3DS: 3523-2206-5371
  • LelldorianxLelldorianx Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Use ALL the hashtags!

@GamersNexus for me. I just upgraded my phone to have this thing called "the internets" on it (it's pretty cool, you should check it out), so I might actually tweet from the show floor this year!

Lelldorianx on
    Editor @ GamersNexus.net