As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Telltale's Jurassic Park: Hold on to your butts!

• President RexPresident Rex Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Olivaw wrote: »
    Yes the shaving cream can!

I mean seriously the way that part was filmed all you could ever think about is that someone has to go look for it.

Also very cool that its taking place concurrently with the original story.

No, the way that part was filmed made it seem like the shaving cream can was gone forever and no one would ever find it. Hence, the mud

Yes!
    Olivaw wrote:
    But given how much time and money that other genetic engineering company must have invested in getting those embryos, I can believe that they'd probably send someone else to get them after Nedry gets eaten

No!

At the beginning of the movie Dodgson specifically says the can will only keep the embryos viable for a few hours after activation (I'd check specifically, but I'm lazy - I think it's 36 hours). A competitor interested in corporate espionage would have a better chance trying to sneak someone onto the island to steal another set of embryos before the Costa Rican government firebombs the island than digging around near Nedry's corpse.

Second, with regard to that quick look. Harding is in the movie. He's the vet. And at that point in the movie he was taking Sattler back to the visitor's center (...and he was one of the only permanent employees on the island, so there's no reason he'd be evacuating). Never mind that there's no reason his kid should be there.

I think they may be trying too hard to tie it into the movie for their own good.

President Rex on
  • HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    If Harding was the guy who was taking care of the Triceratops then he said he would drop Satler off before metting up with the others heading off for the boat. The only people on the island who were supposed to be there for the movie were the ones you saw. This game is apparently saying that Harding didn't make it after all.

Also Spielberg may have meant that the embryos were lost forever with that visual. The majority of the audience on the other hand said in their head or out load "Se-quel!" in a very flamboyant fashion.

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
  • HavelockHavelock Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Sort of excited about this. I remember playing the SNES JP game and being absolutely terrified of going inside the buildings, what with the night vision and raptors.

Havelock on
  • HubHub Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Yeah it was frightening because the framerate would not allow me to shoot the gently caress raptor in the head.

Hub on
  • Igpx407Igpx407 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    New video with some more footage and info on the dinosaurs showing up.

Igpx407 on
  • DemerdarDemerdar Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm pretty excited for this :^:

Demerdar on
    y6GGs3o.gif
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I knew this thread existed! Took me a while to find it, bu I figured why make a new thread when one already exists...

So anyway... i'm looking at this on the PSN store. Has anyone purchased it yet? Is it any good?

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Also Spielberg may have meant that the embryos were lost forever with that visual. The majority of the audience on the other hand said in their head or out load "Se-quel!" in a very flamboyant fashion.

Only if they didn't listen. President Rex already explained it. When Dodgeson gives Nedry the can, he says 'There's enough coolant inside to keep the embryos viable for 36 hours'. After that, they're not frozen anymore, and perish.

edit - fuck resurrected threads. I didn't notice that post from from february.

-Loki- on
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I didn't know this thread existed! Hype meter - rising, butts - held.

The game came out today in both a disc format in retail stores as well as digital format on XBL, PSN, and Steam.

• Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    Will wait for reviews, but I'd really like this to be a solid game. My favorite parts of King Kong were the V-Rex/T-Rex chases, which were genuinely unnerving in places. But there hasn't been anything quite like that since, which is unfortunate. A proper Jurassic Park game would take that theme of instinctively alarming chase sequences and turn it up to eleven.

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • VeganVegan Registered User regular
    This is the first Telltale game that I'm pretty hesitant on, so I'm looking forward to hearing how it is.

steam_sig.png
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Why. Won't. This. INSTALL?!!

I want NAO!

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    I played this at PAX Prime (two or three different scenarios). I enjoyed it, but I see no replayability with it besides getting achievements (I am gonna get it for 360). I guess you can say the same for the Back to the Future games as well, but the little of that that I played (BttF) I really loved.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    That's attributable to just about every adventure game ever, really.

• C2BC2B SwitzerlandRegistered User regular
    I disagree. Well, long term at least. I'm finding myself replaying adventure games I haven't played for a few years quite often. More so than any other gerne.

• CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Please tell me if this is awesome, I've avoided all things JP since the third movie.

Fuck that third movie. Ruining Jurassic Park and my childhood. It was like a cartoon episode with live actors. :x

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    I liked the third movie... But I thought it was way too short. But then again I go to see a JP movie to see dinosaurs eating things.

• DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    urahonky wrote:
    I liked the third movie... But I thought it was way too short. But then again I go to see a JP movie to see dinosaurs eating things.

If this is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

To me the third movie was just the leftover scenes from the first JP book that hadn't already been cherry picked by the first two movies. I'm still impressed they made 3 movies by pulling scenes from 1 book though.

• jeddy leejeddy lee Registered User regular
    Jurassic Park is one of the most perfect adventure movies of all time. Combining dinosaurs and Jeff goldblum is GENIUS! I hope the game lives up to that standard.

Backlog Challenge: 0%
    0/8

PS2
    FF X replay

PS3
    God of War 1&2 HD
    Rachet and Clank Future
    MGS 4
    Prince of Persia

Bayonetta
    Fable 3

DS
    FF: 4 heroes of light
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Anyone played it yet? The first JP was like a milestone in my childhood, 2 was decent, and I never saw 3. I was really excited when I saw this but I don't wanna get burned for $30.

That reminds me, the trilogy bluray is so going in my amazon wish list. Hello, xmas.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    "This isn't making dinosaurs? This is playing God!"

*Me at age 13* - "Because making dinosaurs is in no way playing God!"

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Mystic TerrapinMystic Terrapin Shelled Sorcerer Dark LandRegistered User regular
    So I'm in Episode 3 right now. I couldn't stop playing and had to quit so I could go to sleep for work. I've got the stupid fingers so I'm only okay at the action triggers, but I'm doing pretty well. There was a lot of love put into this game. The little details of things, the excellent voice work, the story. I am seriously enjoying the hell out of this game and I really care about the characters. I can't wait to go back in tonight as I am near the
    Marine Facility
    and I'm sure I'll have the shit scared out of me by a
    Mosasaur

Nintendo Network ID: Ghostosaurus
    3DS FC: 0774-4319-6018
    PSN:GallantJay
  • Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Color me intrigued by this game, but it just feels like one of those titles that will be $9.99 in a few months.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    I love how when you watch all three JP movies, you essentially have the entire first book.

But then in the movieverse, my favorite is JP3 > JP > JP2.

I will probably end up getting this game just due to dinoraurs!

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Mystic TerrapinMystic Terrapin Shelled Sorcerer Dark LandRegistered User regular
    Cool fact: The game recognizes that the Dilophosaurs on the tour were juveniles. At least the info on the game's website "Park Tour" does.

Nintendo Network ID: Ghostosaurus
    3DS FC: 0774-4319-6018
    PSN:GallantJay
  • DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    Cantido wrote:
    "This isn't making dinosaurs? This is playing God!"

*Me at age 13* - "Because making dinosaurs is in no way playing God!"

I see what you did here, and this is awesome.

I'm still in episode 1, but this game is a lot different from the typical Telltale game. Its much more akin to Heavy Rain. The game is a long sequence of quick time events with a little bit of screen investigation.

Also, I suck at quick time events and I've gotten bronze or worse on pretty much every segment, but I'm still enjoying the game none-the-less.

The story has been quite excellent so far.

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Does the Tyrannosaurus have weird blackouts, waking up with origami figures in its small hands?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Idx86 wrote:
    Color me intrigued by this game, but it just feels like one of those titles that will be $9.99 in a few months.

Telltale has a long history of waiting much more than a few months for a decent sale.

edited November 2011
    Does the Tyrannosaurus have weird blackouts, waking up with origami figures in its small hands?

well if that's the case... bought.

Damn it, can't spend money with a portfolio and exhibition to put together in the next two weeks... but in three weeks... dinosaurs.

edit: I just squee'd over cheevos. I may have a problem.

initiatefailure on
    edited November 2011
    Argh, story is great but I hate some of the quick time events. How am I supposed to do the button press when
    she leaves the car and is attacked by two dinosaurs?
    I only get it to 3/4 before I'm dinosaur meat.

Edit: Nevermind I changed to mouse/keyboard controls and it was a 1000 (I'm not even kidding) times easier. WTF?

Edit2: Some of those Death Scenes. Holy shiiiiiiiiiiii....

C2B on
  • VeganVegan Registered User regular
    Idx86 wrote:

Telltale has a long history of waiting much more than a few months for a decent sale.

Telltale series always seem to have a $10 or less Steam sale as soon as the season ends.

steam_sig.png
    Vegan wrote:
    Idx86 wrote:

Telltale series always seem to have a $10 or less Steam sale as soon as the season ends.

There's no season this time. All 4 episodes were released simultaneously.

I'm through all 4 episodes and this was thrillingly awesome and fun.

• carmofincarmofin Registered User regular
    It was? Everything I've seen so far has looked really cheap and awkward, I'm really not sure what to make of this...
    How is Heavy Rain only made of quicktime events? The essential thing is what comes BETWEEN the quicktime events.

PSN | Steam
    ___
    NNID: carmofin
    3DS: 2852 6971 9745
    Throw me a PM if you add me
    edited November 2011
    carmofin wrote:
    It was? Everything I've seen so far has looked really cheap and awkward, I'm really not sure what to make of this...
    How is Heavy Rain only made of quicktime events? The essential thing is what comes BETWEEN the quicktime events.

It was fun and jurrasiy parky as hell. Nuff said. And after enduring Terra Nova this warms my heart.

C2B on
  • ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    C2B wrote:
    carmofin wrote:

It was fun and jurrasiy parky as hell. Nuff said. And after enduring Terra Nova this warms my heart.

So I take it that show doesn't get any better than the "whiny, obnoxious teenager thinks only with his dick, bitches about dad" plot of the pilot? Because I came for the dinosaurs and left with a bunch of whiny bawwwwwww. how hard it is it create some quality dinosaur-ass shit seriously

I'm glad this game is apparently rocking though. It's on my "check this quality dinosaur-ass shit out" list for sure.

Zxerol on
    edited November 2011
    Zxerol wrote:

So I take it that show doesn't get any better than the "whiny, obnoxious teenager thinks only with his dick, bitches about dad" plot of the pilot? Because I came for the dinosaurs and left with a bunch of whiny bawwwwwww. how hard it is it create some quality dinosaur-ass shit seriously

I'm glad this game is apparently rocking though. It's on my "check this quality dinosaur-ass shit out" list for sure.

No, it doesn't. This game has a "teenager with problems" as a protagonist too. Yet, it manages to make it not overly obnoxious and at the same time has some pretty sweet death scenes for her or regarding her to satisify your darker thoughts. *evil*

Best comparison is really to watching a really fun movie with all your favourite, well played action clichees.
    You also get to QTE fight a velocryptor to wonderful music (Not spoilering what) (awesomest moment)

C2B on