As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Vampire - The Masquerade - Game Over! Brujah Victory! Malkavian Victory!

• Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Redasaur wrote:
    daniant wrote:
    God, how many clans were there in this game?

Looks like 11 of them...12 if you count the sabbat. 14 if you count the Lasombra and Tzimisce as separate clans. Unless there are any more of them hiding out there. :) Crazy...
    About 13 I think, more if you count thinbloods as a separate clan. Then you have all the extinct ones like Cappadocians, the foreign ones like Laibons etc etc.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    piLpiL Registered User regular
    Clans were just about 80% of the game's content. Maps and geographical information and monsters (that weren't the players) weren't necessary for the most part (you could just get a city map), so the game's fluff was mostly about different powers and the relationships between all of the different groups of vampires.

• Options
    RedasaurRedasaur Registered User regular
    piL wrote:
    Alright, good work everyone. Should only be one left probably, right? So who has any leads? Going to be grasping at straws at this point I'm afraid.

All of the smaller clans seem to have 2 members each. Notice how the Giovanni attacks and the followers of Set attacks have stopped, but the Assamite ones have not. 2 Giovanni are dead, 2 Set are dead, 1 assamite is dead.

According to the info I have, Vagrant_Winds is supposedly a follower of set, yet we already have 2 of them dead. That's not very strong evidence, but it's a possibility. And I don't know how reliable the info is about him being a follower, it's one of the oldest pieces of info that I have and the person who told me about it is dead. I'm willing to listen to other leads.

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Any chance we could get the OP updated with last night's results?

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    Kay wrote:
    One more Sabbat member then, most likely a Tzimisce?

Was SlyM associated with any particular Camarilla clan?

SlyM was also in Nosferatu. This means there technically hasn't been a Nosferatu AT, but with two wolves in our clothing and only two lambs left, it seems unlikely to me any longer that Malkor would be one (and although you cannot be sure, I'm fairly certain I'm not an AT).

Tremere members, let us know what leads you have. I have an hour and a half at the time of this post before I'll be unable to be contacted, so that's your time to use me as a mouth piece. If there are no leads, then there will probably be culling at random, which benefits nobody but the Sabbat.

• Options
    Alright, I have to go to work. RNGing Egos with absolutely no lead. Also going to piL to help prevent late night shenanigans. Good luck in the hours to come!

• Options
    Wait sorry. Egos, Vagrant_Winds.

• Options
    Well, there's no outpouring of protests from the other clans, so I'll go ahead and vote for Vagrant_Winds

• Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Will we be notified when the lesser clans are eliminated?

Cayrus on
    Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    So not even the host seems to be paying much attention to this game any more. Hmmph.

re-elect piL for reforms and lower taxes and whatnot.

and Phyphor because why the hell not.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    Updating yesterday's list with the new results:

Player List - 18 Alive
    6. Cayrus
    7. Romanqwerty
    10. Arivia
    13. Phyphor
    14. Daniant
    18. Kay
    21. Warban
    28. REG Rysk
    35. Cythraul
    36. Wildcat
    38. Shalmelo
    39. Vagrant_Winds
    40. Redasaur
    43. Jackisreal
    44. Egos
    46. Malkor
    48. Darian
    57. piL

The Dead
    Retaba – Vincent, Nosferatu – Publically Executed
    Shiny New Toys – Gregor Hanson, Nosferatu – Killed by living shadow
    Greeper – Alexandria, Nosferatu Primogen – Rip and Tear

Tayrun – Ian McAlister, Brujah – Face pummeled
    JaysonFour – Anastasia, Brujah Primogen – Beaten to death
    bedlam - Gregory McAlistair, Brujah - Heart exploded
    Sir Fabulous - Nails, Brujah - Heart Exploded

Kime – Bertrand, Gangrel – Bitten by a snake
    38thDoe – Reagan, Gangrel – The Prince's Justice

TheCowKing – Lucille Abendroth, Toreador – Rip and Tear
    Lonelyahava – Katherine McTeague, Toreador – Killed by living shadow
    INANTP - Matthew Westbrook, Toreador - Killed by living shadow

Flarne – Lily Blue-Eyes, Malkavian – Assassinated
    Peccavi – Rolph, Malkavian – Destroyed by living shadow
    Langly – Blank, Malkavian – Eviscerated
    Infidel - Horatio Alan Bainbridge IV, Malkavian - Killed by living shadow
    SeGaTai - Ludwig Van Olson, Malkavian - Rip and Tear
    ThatDaveFella - Falstaff, Malkavian - Assassinated, Eviscerated

Jdarksun – Giancarlo Giovanni, Giovanni – Publically Executed
    Spoit – Vincenzo Giovanni, Giovanni – Assassinated, Beaten to death

Precisionk – Julian Ermont, Ventrue – Beaten to death
    Void Slayer – Hannah Brown, Ventrue – Heart Exploded
    Corvidae - Alexander Gianelli, Ventrue - Beaten to Death, twice
    KetBra - Mortimer Schyck, Ventrue - Assassinated
    WhiteZinfandel - Jennifer Marion, Ventrue - Killed in the blink of an eye
    Stever777 - Adair Donovan, Ventrue Primogen - Beaten to death, twice

MrBlarney – Xavier DiBardicot, Tremere – Eviscerated
    Assuran - Andre LeCoure, Tremere - Heart Exploded
    Grimmy_TOA – Killian Van Orne, Tremere – Killed in the blink of an eye

Cj Iwakura – Ankahushet, Follower of Set – Beaten to death
    CaptainPlanet82 – Harrison Fowler, Follower of Set – Eviscerated

Celebrim – Qalim, Assamite – Pummeled to death

The_Anonymous - Justin Time, Ravnos - Killed in the blink of an eye

MrTlicious – Guts, Brujah AT – Beaten to death
    Zandracon – Roger, Toreador AT – Heart exploded
    MrDefecation – Devious, Malkavian AT – Assassinated, Pummeled to death
    Baidol – Ulian, Tzimisce – Publically Executed
    Anamolousvandal - Hectory Reyes, Lasombra - Publically Executed
    Moridin889 - Maurice, The Black Death, Lasombra - Publically executed
    SlyM - Jack, Lasombra - The Prince's Justice

The Malkavians have been eliminated!

piL is the Prince
    If you wish, tonight, you may nominate a new Prince!

• Options
    Re-elect piL piL.

• Options
    Uh. You get the idea. piL-piL.

• Options
    jackisrealjackisreal Registered User regular
    piL
    Vagrant_Winds

• Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    piL
    Vagrant_Winds

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

• Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    This tells us nothing!

Vagrant_winds

piL

Do we even need to do that blue vote?

• Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    Yes, to avoid shenanigans. !vagrant_winds and !piL for god measure.

• Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    Vagrant winds

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    I'm gonna go with WhiteZinfandel out of gut instinct. And to be a rebel :/

• Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    Vargrant Windds Egos...I see that Che Guevara shirt you're trying to hide.

• Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    piL
    Vagrant_Winds

I have nothing to add.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    daniantdaniant Columbus, OhioRegistered User regular
    Vagrant Winds

and also piL for pope...president...prince...whatever.

• Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    Huh. Not much going on today. Vagrant Winds

• Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Vagrant Winds is as good a choice as any right now.

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    !Cayrus, for daring to challenge my authority.

!piL should remain in control.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    shalmelo for thinking I'd be evil in a main! The nerve!

• Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Phyphor is still alive?!

Clearly we have our remaining source of evil! :P

Seriously, how many mains in a row was that? lol

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    Egos wrote:
    I'm gonna go with WhiteZinfandel out of gut instinct. And to be a rebel :/

oooOooOooO

Ahem

oooOooOooO

• Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    piL
    Vagrant Winds

On to victoly friends!!

14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    doh I guess I have little choice then to have at it then with romanqwerty

since I can't vote for VW.

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Vote is closed. Narration will be extra special since it wasn't there last night.

Well, it will minimally be as special as normal.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    If I needed to breathe, my breath would be bated.

• Options
    It better be very special.

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Cythraul wrote:
    Phyphor is still alive?!

Clearly we have our remaining source of evil! :P

Seriously, how many mains in a row was that? lol

5 or 6

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Night 7 – Climax

Regent Timothy Anders sat in his office. He checked the report again, just to be certain. There had been a number of losses among the Apprentices recently, and he'd had to have mortal Acolytes begin to gather components for rituals. However, Acolytes were largely untested and sometimes didn't follow through properly. There was a knock at the Regent's door.
    “Enter,” the Regent called out.
    A portly man entered, robes hanging loosely over his body.
    “Apprentice, what news?”
    The fat man bowed slightly. “Regent, the room is prepared for you. Whenever you are ready.”
    “Good work Apprentice. About the other matter?”
    “Things do not appear to be well, Regent. I fear that failure is on the horizon.”
    “Failure is unacceptable Apprentice. You are dismissed.”
    The fat man bowed slightly again, and withdrew from the room.

The smoke cleared, and the Regent stepped from the room. He almost wished that he could see the expression on the poor man's face. It must be interesting to know that you will die, and be able to do nothing about it. The Regent made his way through the hallways of the Chantry. It was pathetic. The defenses of the Chantry required constant maintenance, but no effort could be spared for anything but the essentials recently.

The Regent turned the corner of a hallway, his door lying at the end. Something was wrong though. He saw the door to his office was slightly open. Ever so slightly. The Regent crept closer to the door.

Joshua was almost panicking. This is why he did this. It was hard to feel alive anymore, but he had found a way. You were never more alive than when you were staring death, the final death, in the face. Sometimes he wondered just what it meant that he ended the lives of other Kindred regularly. Everyone knew about the Beast, and Joshua sometimes wondered just why his Beast was always quiet and happy.

Joshua was almost lost in his reverie when the door flew open, pushed by an invisible hand. Joshua burst from his hiding spot behind the desk, and the world seemed to slow down around him. He had a pistol in each hand, and he leveled them at the Regent. He squeezed off three shots in the time it would take most people to blink their eyes.

“Creo Ignem!” the Regent's voice rang out with power and authority as the three bullets slammed into his chest. Fire blossomed from his finger tips and shot out in a stream toward Joshua. Joshua rolled to the side, losing his jacket as it caught on fire. He sprang to his feet and fired four more rapid shots, the crack of gunfire a rapid tapping. The Regent staggered as the shots hit him in the face, but he did not lose his footing.

“Rego Motus!” He cried out, the pistols being yanked out of Joshua's hands by some unseen force.

Joshua calmly rolled over his shoulder toward the Regent, drawing one of the long knives that he kept in his boots for just such an occasion. With a motion that Joshua had practiced for more than a lifetime, he rolled to his feet and cut straight across the Regent's throat, just below his vocal chords. A lovely woman who used to be an opera singer had allowed him to learn that one. It's a pity that she had to die to do it.

Joshua tripped the Regent in one fluid motion. The Regent lay on his back, his mouth still trying to form words. Joshua could see that the Regent was already directing his undead blood to heal the gash and restore his voice. Joshua didn't waste any time, he pounced on the Regent, stabbing him over and over.

The Assassin watched the dirty man make his way through the park. He still could not believe that he was not able to get there in time to save his comrade. The only one who should ever end the life of a Child of Haquim is another Child of Haquim. None of these creatures should ever get the satisfaction of ending the life of a holy warrior. The Assassin watched the man walk as though he hadn't a care in the world and was almost disgusted enough that he nearly lost control to the Beast inside. With practiced discipline, he clamped down on his will. The Assassin crept soundlessly through the brush to cut off the the walking man.

The Assassin crouched in the branches of a tree. According to his observations, the dirty man would pass underneath this tree in exactly...and here he came. The Assassin waited, and waited and waited. Then he opened his mouth and spat a stream of black blood at the dirty man. Then he dropped from the tree.

The dirty man was screaming in pain, his face burned and blistered. The Assassin was on him in a moment, his long knife coated with more black blood striking out to the vital areas. The dirty man managed to stumble backwards, dodging the blows. On his back, the dirty man howled, the howls echoed by a number of nearby dogs.

It only two about ten seconds for the first dog to arrive. The Assassin aimed a cut at it's chest as it lept at him. His knife bit deep into the flesh, and the dog fell to the ground. Two more took its place though, as the dirty man got to his feet and began to back away from the Assassin.

The Assassin waded through the pack of dogs methodically, cutting and stabbing. A few were able to garner a bite here or there, but not enough to stop him. Then came the birds, the flock attacked his face and head, disorienting him and blurring his vision. When they fled, everyone was gone.

The silence was broken by the sound of small footsteps behind him. When he turned, he saw a young girl behind him. She was perhaps twelve years old.
    “Hello, sir,” she said, her voice strangely accented. The Assassin couldn't quite place it. “You shouldn't walk alone at night, it's dangerous”
    The Assassin was guarded, he didn't know what was happening.
    “Sir, are you alright? It's rude not to answer a question.” The little girl's voice dropped an octave as she spoke and she took a step toward the Assassin. The Assassin struck first, but the girl was ready. She twisted and grabbed his hand that held the knife. Her fingers sank into his flesh as though it were clay, and she smoothed over the space between his fingers, forming his hand into a useless mass of flesh. The Assassin struck out with a foot, aiming the kick at her knee. As he did though, her body started to change. Her legs became longer and the skin looked to harden into a boney plate. She gained nearly three feet of height, now towering over the Assassin. The Assassin danced away from a swing of the creature's forearm, barely dodging the long protrusion of bone that stuck out of it. However, he tripped over a tree root.

The last thing that the Assassin saw was the creature staring down at him.

The Dead
    Vagrant_Winds – Jaquiline, Follower of Set – Publically Executed
    Jackisreal – Regent Timothy Anders, Tremere Primogen – Killed in the blink of an eye
    Arivia – Lady Alessandra Orion, Toreador – Eviscerated
    Romanqwerty – Theo, Gangrel – Heart Exploded
    Cythraul – Hatusha, Assamite – Rip and Tear

Night 7 has begun!

LoserForHireX on
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Player List - 13 Alive
    6. Cayrus
    13. Phyphor
    14. Daniant
    18. Kay
    21. Warban
    28. REG Rysk
    36. Wildcat
    38. Shalmelo
    40. Redasaur
    44. Egos
    46. Malkor
    48. Darian
    57. piL

The Dead
    Retaba – Vincent, Nosferatu – Publically Executed
    Shiny New Toys – Gregor Hanson, Nosferatu – Killed by living shadow
    Greeper – Alexandria, Nosferatu Primogen – Rip and Tear

Tayrun – Ian McAlister, Brujah – Face pummeled
    JaysonFour – Anastasia, Brujah Primogen – Beaten to death
    bedlam - Gregory McAlistair, Brujah - Heart exploded
    Sir Fabulous - Nails, Brujah - Heart Exploded

Kime – Bertrand, Gangrel – Bitten by a snake
    38thDoe – Reagan, Gangrel – The Prince's Justice
    Romanqwerty – Theo, Gangrel – Heart Exploded

TheCowKing – Lucille Abendroth, Toreador – Rip and Tear
    Lonelyahava – Katherine McTeague, Toreador – Killed by living shadow
    INANTP - Matthew Westbrook, Toreador - Killed by living shadow
    Arivia – Lady Alessandra Orion, Toreador – Eviscerated

Flarne – Lily Blue-Eyes, Malkavian – Assassinated
    Peccavi – Rolph, Malkavian – Destroyed by living shadow
    Langly – Blank, Malkavian – Eviscerated
    Infidel - Horatio Alan Bainbridge IV, Malkavian - Killed by living shadow
    SeGaTai - Ludwig Van Olson, Malkavian - Rip and Tear
    ThatDaveFella - Falstaff, Malkavian - Assassinated, Eviscerated

Jdarksun – Giancarlo Giovanni, Giovanni – Publically Executed
    Spoit – Vincenzo Giovanni, Giovanni – Assassinated, Beaten to death

Precisionk – Julian Ermont, Ventrue – Beaten to death
    Void Slayer – Hannah Brown, Ventrue – Heart Exploded
    Corvidae - Alexander Gianelli, Ventrue - Beaten to Death, twice
    KetBra - Mortimer Schyck, Ventrue - Assassinated
    WhiteZinfandel - Jennifer Marion, Ventrue - Killed in the blink of an eye
    Stever777 - Adair Donovan, Ventrue Primogen - Beaten to death, twice

MrBlarney – Xavier DiBardicot, Tremere – Eviscerated
    Assuran - Andre LeCoure, Tremere - Heart Exploded
    Grimmy_TOA – Killian Van Orne, Tremere – Killed in the blink of an eye
    Jackisreal – Regent Timothy Anders, Tremere Primogen – Killed in the blink of an eye

Cj Iwakura – Ankahushet, Follower of Set – Beaten to death
    CaptainPlanet82 – Harrison Fowler, Follower of Set – Eviscerated
    Vagrant_Winds – Jaquiline, Follower of Set – Publically Executed

Celebrim – Qalim, Assamite – Pummeled to death
    Cythraul – Hatusha, Assamite – Rip and Tear

The_Anonymous - Justin Time, Ravnos - Killed in the blink of an eye

MrTlicious – Guts, Brujah AT – Beaten to death
    Zandracon – Roger, Toreador AT – Heart exploded
    MrDefecation – Devious, Malkavian AT – Assassinated, Pummeled to death
    Baidol – Ulian, Tzimisce – Publically Executed
    Anamolousvandal - Hectory Reyes, Lasombra - Publically Executed
    Moridin889 - Maurice, The Black Death, Lasombra - Publically executed
    SlyM - Jack, Lasombra - The Prince's Justice

piL on
  • Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    Kay wrote:
    !Cayrus, for daring to challenge my authority.

!piL should remain in control.

Hey !Kay what's it like being a Mafia with a guard +2?

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    I'm surprised we didn't lose any more clans in that tussle. That went poorly.

• Options
    I can get on that one. Kay.

• Options
    I agree with the Kay vote.