As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2011 - Get with the gifting!

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Proxy...he's so hot right now.

Wow, bad TotP. I'm so sorry.

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Figgy wrote:
    deveric wrote:
    HAH. On my phone, the background is still blue and awesome. On here, it makes eyes bleed. Interesting.

Looks great on both, for me. You guys should use the old forum style mod. It's floating around the help forum somewhere.
    Lime is dead because posts have to be readable in the default style.

Just a heads up.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote:

Just a heads up.

I did not know this. My mistake! Makes sense. Do we have a 'new' lime, then? Like DARK BLUE FOR TRUTH or something?

• Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    No, that looks horrible on my style.
    heh.

UEAKCrash on
  • Options
    never-ending-reignnever-ending-reign Polish Catholic entering a world of painRegistered User regular
    Adding to the horrible delivery discussion...we've literally had delivery dudes open the screen door, leave the package in between the screen door and front door, and then walk away. And this has happened multiple times. Once I believe they even opened our front door completely and threw the package in and left. I could be wrong about this, I'll have to confirm with Szechuan (my roommate lol). Maybe he'll see this post and respond, as I probably will forget.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Adding to the horrible delivery discussion...we've literally had delivery dudes open the screen door, leave the package in between the screen door and front door, and then walk away. And this has happened multiple times. Once I believe they even opened our front door completely and threw the package in and left. I could be wrong about this, I'll have to confirm with Szechuan (my roommate lol). Maybe he'll see this post and respond, as I probably will forget.

What the f......
    In a more santa-related note, HURRY UP AND UPDATE THE STATUS OF THE PACKAGE, FEDEX.

• Options
    AnarchyAnarchy Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Santa: I have received my gifts and I love them! Loads of stuff for me to geek out on. Pictures will be up in the morning!

Santee: Its you're in for a world of hurt!
    Because you'll be laughing from all the joy

Anarchy on
    "Oh, well, this would be one of those circumstances that people unfamiliar with the law of large numbers would call a coincidence."
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Rorus Raz wrote:

Just a heads up.
    I did not know this. My mistake! Makes sense. Do we have a 'new' lime, then? Like DARK BLUE FOR TRUTH or something?
    You could just, I dunno, SAY that you passionately agree with the sentiment.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Rorus Raz wrote:
    Rorus Raz wrote:

Just a heads up.
    You could just, I dunno, SAY that you passionately agree with the sentiment.

That's crazy. You're crazy.

@Anarchy: What'd you get!?

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    ok now I feel a bit smug. I made a few selections for my santee, then remembered the cheat sheet that hypatia sent me and found out that both items where dead on for my santee. Still unsure of some others but I seem to be pretty good at stalking up some gifts.

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Apologies to both my Santa for not pudding pictures of the gift yet and to my santee for nor sending part 2 of the gift yet. Renovating the house in time for when my folks get back and there's still a tonne to get done. Worst thing is the kitchen won't be done in time :(

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Dear Santa,

Zelda 3DS special edition bundle.

That is all.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Are we throwing random wishlists out? Japanese 360. (What's it say about me that there's more Japanese exclusives than US ones that I'm interested in?)

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Bah, the handmade but not by my hands thing I had in mind has fallen through.

Ah well, just have to fill that spot in the package with something else.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    The first part of my gift arrived in a sneaky Steam gift that fell between the seats of my email inbox.

I'll wait for the main course to arrive before going into further detail. But I'll say it's off to a good start.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    DawasaurusDawasaurus In a forestRegistered User regular
    All this talk about FedEx and UPS and other package delivery dudes reminded me of that Ace Ventura scene, where Jim Carry is delivering a package. Some Christmas music would make that scene ten times more amusing/relevent.

Aside from that, I feel I should reiterate that our FedEx dude is the worst at delivering packages. He could never find my house. And he never delivers [my package] to the same house twice, so finding my stuff is always sort of an ADVENTURE. (And that sucks because my computer was shipped through FedEx and all the pieces were scattered about the neighbourhood.) So we made a HUGE sign, with our street name and house number and a big arrow, pointing him in the right direction. So for the next package he even managed to come down the right driveway, he saw the right house, but at the last minute he was like "no wait, that neighbour's door was so inviting, must go back and deliver there, instead."

But UPS and USPS are awesome, because they actually know where my house is.

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Gift gotten! no idea what it is but I'm guessing its a Wii game. Bit bulky though. Hmm. Either way, thank you so much Santa for cheering me up when I'm under so much pressure. :D

PS. I'll open it when I'm free enough to picture it all! also I font even have time to play Skyrim right now :lol:

• Options
    devericdeveric MinneapolisRegistered User regular
    So I think this is a gift get...got this in the mail yesterday

a mysterious postcard has arrived
    pYAO8.jpg

llR7J.jpg

I'm not sure what to make of it...but I am very intrigued

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Santa... I currently have the top post on Reddit. If you wish to reward me with money I'd be okay with that.

edit: It's gone now. That was fun.

urahonky on
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote:
    Santa... I currently have the top post on Reddit. If you wish to reward me with money I'd be okay with that.

Did you? which one?

• Options
    SniperGuy wrote:
    urahonky wrote:

Did you? which one?

http://www.reddit.com/r/funny/comments/mi196/i_love_it_when_this_happens/

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    About time the Christmas Avatar came out. Been so busy lately I've been falling behind in Christmas ramp up revels! No more, spent the day Christmas shopping for difficult relatives. Why can't they be as fun/easy to shop for as you guys?

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Dear Gift Recipient,

I have procured your gift, and I will be shipping it off on Monday. Due to holiday shenanigans this week, the cheer will not arrive until the 28th or so.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Santee: fear not, I have finally procured all of your gifts. It took more legwork than I expected. Why didn't I just order this stuff on Amazon? I wish I knew.

I'll be mailing a package your way soon.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    GiftGet.gif
    Let me tell you a shocking tale. There are grinches, my friends, lurking deep within the intertubes. Twice, twice, they devoured the glorious emails heralding the arrival of my gift. The only man who stood against them was our dear Proxy the Elf. Though his vigilant efforts the gift was finally delivered.

Oh yes lets get to the pics...
    Opening the wrapper:

Cj1ic.png

Oh Hell and Damn yes! I haven't played a Sonic game since back when they were good! And I hear this one is good again. Let's load this bad boy up!

dBsZ8.jpg

Oh that's a good start... classic. The nostalgia, it overflows.
    Let's go! Seriously this game captures the speed of sonic just like it did so long ago. It's a shame the environment goes by so fast since it's so gorgeous!

TZm3n.png

So fast I'm smeared! Lul. Now for some tricks...

MQtnz.png

Loop! and now...

cWFD9.jpg

DO A BARREL ROLL!

8KsIP.jpg

I'm so fast I wasn't even in that screenshot!

H5JuN.jpg

Oh shit it's got a rating system. Now I'm going to play this forever trying to max out my scores.

Santa, you are my heeeerooooo! Thanks for pushing through the derpery of the internet. Oh it was worth it.
    <3<3

Edit: Also... Santee, I am collecting the parts of your gift. Oh it is going to be great :D

Aioua on
    life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    I got my Santee's gift all packed up and ready to ship on Monday. I forgot the mail closes at noon on Saturdays :(

• Options
    Niceguyeddie616Niceguyeddie616 All you feed me is PUFFINS! I need NOURISHMENT!Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Dammit I didn't expect the email to give my identity out! Oh well, I'm glad you enjoyed Aioua, and I'm not done yet, there's still more to come once turkey day has passed

Also I now want to kill SOPA for swallowing my emails, gosh durn goverments messing with my intertubes!

Niceguyeddie616 on
  • Options
    Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular
    Anarchy wrote:
    Santa: I have received my gifts and I love them! Loads of stuff for me to geek out on. Pictures will be up in the morning!

Santee: Its you're in for a world of hurt!
    Because you'll be laughing from all the joy

Yay! Glad it made it there safe.

PSN: Canadian_llama
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    GiftGet.gif

So I had actually received two parcels in the mail already over the past couple weeks - one a small but fairly substantial box from Amazon, the other a tiny yellow envelope. I was warned by Proxy not to open the tiny item first as it would spoil later gifts which would be arriving, and I had been leaving the bigger box alone trying to decide if I wanted to wait until Christmas or see if anything else came so I could open the whole shebang at once.

However, this morning I found myself facing what promised to be a long, aggravating shift at work after entirely too little sleep following a long, aggravating day at work the day before which didn't end until midnight, and frankly, I needed something to cheer me up. So I turned to you, Santa.

The Amazon box yielded up this. I had never actually seen anything gift wrapped by Amazon before, and they did a nice job! (Better than I could ever do...)
    XK1yJ.jpg

This is the little card that was attached (name withheld to protect my identity from my own Santee, at least for now).
    GywlA.jpg

Present 2A? How official and also mysterious sounding!

But what could it be? Enough dilly-dallying, time to tear the paper! Aaaaaand...Ta da! (Or should I say, Fa la la?)
    LCGdw.jpg

My gift (and therefore my Santa) is the coolest! (See what I did there?) Now that I have this, I've got an excuse to make a bunch of other upgrades to my system I was thinking about!

But what about that tiny yellow envelope that I wasn't supposed to open first?
    o3fiU.jpg

I didn't have any more of an inkling what might be inside. Well, only one way to find out.
    RBZbC.jpg

Santa, you thought of everything!

Whoever you are, if you're reading this (and I assume and hope you are): thanks so much! There is apparently still something else coming if I am interpreting my Proxy messages right, and I can't wait to see what that turns out to be, but Santa, you've made an avid PC gamer and budding computer gearhead and his modest but soon-to-be-comfortably-overclocked CPU very happy.

Gaslight on
  • Options
    Arctic Silver is the best silver.

• Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    Nice. I have that cooler too, it is good.

• Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    Did some shopping today! One more thing to get, then I'll be sending the box out soonish, probably next week.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    urahonky wrote:
    Arctic Silver is the best silver.
    I actually used their Ceramique paste on my current build and I don't think I'd ever go back. Non-metallic substance that felt easier to move around and clean up than the regular silver line. Completely comparable heat transfer. Highly recommended.

In other news, I'm really glad I haven't received anything yet. Due to some ... events ... as well as a looming crunch at work, I haven't had nearly enough time to handle my PA SS duties. I won't fail my Santee - I know that for sure. It's just a matter of getting a little time to actually personalize their gift, and I truly want to do that rather than having to resort to an online order.

So, Santa, whoever you are, thanks for not being a super-speedy guy. It has made me more comfortable with my current sloth-like condition.
    Santees, all of you who yet remain, don't worry about old Arctic. He'll get you a gift, even if it may be his prerogative to at least make you wait until December for it. ;)

ArcticLancer on
  • Options
    I'll have to give it a shot later on. I still have half a tube of arctic silver left. :P

• Options
    HypatiaHypatia Registered User regular
    Dear Santa,

I forget if I said so or not, when you google my name I am not the musician. I am, however, the one working with robots.

• Options
    Hey Santee!
    Your present is set to be delivered on the 23rd, so I hope you're not out of town or anything. The anticipation for the box to get to you is killing me!

• Options
    iMattiMatt Registered User regular
    Santa, I got the second parcel yesterday! I'll post pics soon...It may be a bit because I had to drive home for a family emergency. I'll probably be gone through Thanksgiving, so don't fret if I don't get the third for a bit.

No worries - hope the family thing works out ok for all!

• Options
    Just as an FYI Santa... I own Skyward Sword. I'm a Zelda whore and couldn't resist the temptress.

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    My plan is now in motion! Santee, you should be getting a dubiously informative and exciting message from Proxy soon!

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote:
    Just as an FYI Santa... I own Skyward Sword. I'm a Zelda whore and couldn't resist the temptress.

Jealous. I did just buy Skyrim, though, and I'm not even close to being done with it.

Steam: offday