As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Alternative Vote Method [Phalla]: Day 5 I Approval vote this Message

• CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Pretty sure I voted anomalous yesterday in 1st.

Pretty sure you're just voting for me because I've managed to dodge death very closely for awhile now.

It's cool though, don't read my posts or anything. We're voting after all, why would anyone check out the candidates before heading to the polls? :P

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
    Actually hell I don't care, vote me out, so long as you hit the mafia too. Village victory is village victory after all.

Steam
    Romanqwerty
    Alegis
    Tastydonuts
    Fecklessrogue
    Erich Zahn
    SeGaTai

For now anyway.

Steam
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    It's very interesting that given a pool of 8 people with 2 mafia remaining, you choose to vote for 6.

The two you don't vote for being you and the guy you give kudos to...

edit: I CAN SPEAK ENGLISH.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    I don't think Corv is mafia. Why would I vote for myself or the person I most believe to be village?

Steam
  • anomalousvandalanomalousvandal Registered User regular
    OoOOOOooOOoOoOoOOOoOOooO

I didn't even know I was mafia, I swear...

OoOOOOooOOoOoOoOOOoOOooO

You can take letters off my username, but you cannot take my FREEDOM!!
  • SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Toying around with ideas before I actually try and vote. So both romansqwerty and cythraul voted anomousvandal early on yesterday-so baring mafia throwing out there members early on, which would require a heavy amount of foresight not knowing what todays mechanics would be-I propose that everyone limegreen them and kill everyone else-my only worry I suppose is the mafia kill still going through and one of them somehow being sneaky mafia but there my safest bet so far

PSN SeGaTai
  • corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    edited November 2011

Cythraul
    Tastydonuts
    Fecklessrogue
    Erich Zahn
    SeGaTai

also food poisoning fucking sucks.

corvidae on
  • AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    Mafia seems to have been voting for each other often in 3rd/4th place (anomalous for shiny new toys etc).

for now
    corvidae. strong anomalous vote on day 2. decent votes otherwise. Only person I'm willing to bet on he's villager.
    romanqwerty's records are worse than I imagined. But I'm willing to sit on this one
    cythraul. trying to save anomylous with a warban pile-on
    fecklessrogue

segatai and erich zahn I got mixed data on. often good (early votes on him by mafia, plus cythraul was 'on him' too) and often bad.

same for tastydonuts really. was willing to give him lime first but his mafia votes seem like last-minute 'oh shit we lost jimmy anyway' moments.

Hang on. Forgot about romans anomalous vote and encouraging me to copy his vote

We can't be killing everyone here because the mafiosi will likely still have about 2 kills as well

So today is the last day, what is the victory condition?

village wins if mafia doesn't outnumber the village, or do we have to eliminate all the mafias? (in case of the latter, bus throwing would be a perfect mafia strategy)

in case of the former we can only better make sure we only vote out 3 peeps. mafia kills 2, 3 remain. Means we need to have nabbed 1 mafias in those 3 vote peeps

Usually we have to eliminate the mafia, I think with your former case it would end up with a host victory-which no one should consider a win :lol:

PSN SeGaTai
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Alegis wrote:
    So today is the last day, what is the victory condition?

village wins if mafia doesn't outnumber the village, or do we have to eliminate all the mafias? (in case of the latter, bus throwing would be a perfect mafia strategy)

in case of the former we can only better make sure we only vote out 3 peeps. mafia kills 2, 3 remain. Means we need to have nabbed 1 mafias in those 3 vote peeps
    If it's an even 1:1 split the mafia win. If there's no more mafia, and at least one villager left, the village wins. If there's no one left alive, no one wins (except for me)

EDIT: Sorry, no villager outnumber win.

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    Interfering with spoit's game erryday~

(so this isn't necessarily the last day, eh?)

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Alegis wrote:
    same for tastydonuts really. was willing to give him lime first but his mafia votes seem like last-minute 'oh shit we lost jimmy anyway' moments.

except that I voted shiny everyday (nothing personal) I also voted bedlam and citizen until they died too... so yeah. there was never any reason not to vote for them. the last vote for anon I put in because he was mathematically dead by my calculations anyway, but just in case! and I generally waited until the end of the day to vote because I work, and was curious to see how others voted. :p

That said, my votes are as follows:

Corvidae
    Romanqwerty
    Alegis
    Tastydonuts
    Fecklessrogue
    Erich Zahn
    Cythraul
    SeGaTai

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    Corvidae
    Romanqwerty
    Alegis
    Tastydonuts
    Fecklessrogue
    Erich Zahn
    Cythraul
    SeGaTai

PSN SeGaTai
  • romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    Alegis wrote:
    romanqwerty's records are worse than I imagined. But I'm willing to sit on this one

Honestly, I strongly suspect that that is the only reason i'm still alive.

As far as the voting is concerned...The ideal situation would be to vote out everyone bar one person who is deemed least likely to be mafia however since we don't have time to agree on anyone and if we try to all vote out seven people we're going to be left with no one alive. The best situation is probably to have one or two greens other than yourself.

Alegis wrote:

As far as the voting is concerned...The ideal situation would be to vote out everyone bar one person who is deemed least likely to be mafia however since we don't have time to agree on anyone and if we try to all vote out seven people we're going to be left with no one alive. The best situation is probably to have one or two greens other than yourself.

Yea I thought about that but then the mafia would likely just kill them off

PSN SeGaTai

cythraul
    segatai
    fecklessrogue

all have dodgy as shit voting records so they can die...

I'm undecided about the others so far..I need to do some more research and thinking.
    romanqwerty

cythraul
    segatai
    fecklessrogue

Erich Zahn
    doesn't have the worst voting records, however out of the people that voted for kime day 1, he's the only one left alive. The mafia systematically eliminated everyone else mysteriously passing over him. Because of that, I don't think I can green vote him.

corvidae im actually going to lime green. Admittedly, he's been doing exactly what i'd do as mafia (pick a fellow member and always vote for them) however i'm not sure im willing to give him that much credit (you can thank MrT for that) so he's probably good.

Still undecided about Alegis and Tasty. Alegis has seemed good, but god damnit he's doing that barely active thing that he always does...You won't trick me again you coward..
    Tasty I literally have no thoughts on...You don't stand out at all...Which doesn't really bode well for you...

SeGaTai wrote:
    Alegis wrote:

Yea I thought about that but then the mafia would likely just kill them off

Shit, I hadn't thought about this..

What is the order of actions with regards to mafia kills and the vote?

• corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    i remember reading vote<--kill

aslo

romanqwerty
    fecklessrogue

corvidae on
    Vote-->kill. If it goes to 2:1 tomorrow, and the last mafia is voted out, their kills won't trigger and it'll be a village victory

steam_sig.png
    15 minutes left, no votes from @erich zahn or @fecklessrogue yet

steam_sig.png

romanqwerty

cythraul
    segatai
    fecklessrogue
    Erich Zahn

corvidae
    Alegis
    Tastydonuts

Alegis, i swear to god if you've tricked me again with you 'inactivity'...I will grudge you for all eternity*

*Limited only to games where i remember...

• FecklessRogueFecklessRogue Registered User regular
    Alegis
    Corvidae
    Cythraul
    Erich Zahn
    FecklessRogue
    Romaqwerty
    SeGaTai
    TastyDonuts

From hell's heart, I stab at thee!

hahaha what

Steam
    ps I'm village

Steam
    Ooops...then...

Game Over, Mafia win
    It's 1:1, so the mafia win

The living:
    Romanqwerty
    tastydonuts

The Dead:
    fecklessrogue
    Erich Zahn
    Cythraul
    SeGaTai

Alegis
    Corvidae

steam_sig.png
    With all the shenanigans I rather figured roman was mafia. gg!

Steam
    mafia boards here...

http://voteforthevillage.proboards.com/index.cgi

anomalous might have to open them, or they might be open already...

Here is the host spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuPEyJABoIivdFoxVldWRTlPdUFkWlBLTWJrVUlHMEE

And the mafia boards are: http://voteforthevillage.proboards.com/ anomalousvandal has to unlock them

steam_sig.png
    Also, kudos to Spoit for running a very weird game I couldn't follow lol

Steam
    Huzzah! Good game everyone!

Thank you all for voting for me today. It made me feel very special.

Also, apologies for my part in pushing the "Why would you vote for B:L" and "Daniant, you are so suspicious" stuff. People who were saying "God, why is everyone so focused on this", well, now you know.

Yeah I feel the same way...Interesting experiment and pretty fun game...

And i totally feel bad about my day 1 mafia kill picks.

I also nominate Roman game MVP.

edited November 2011
    I'll post more thoughts when I get back in a few hours, but I do want to say that even though the balance wasn't great, I am happy that the game accomplished what I wanted it to do, increase people's familiarity with actually counting votes right, and getting people to actually try vote analysis a bit more, rather than just waiting for a network to form and dictate targets

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Hey, I had a 66% accurate mafiadar!

Also, apparently no one saw how silly it was to vote out the guy who was the first to vote the other two people the village thought were suspicious.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Actually, anomolus, roman, and kime all were.

The only village I ever voted for was Taya. Heh.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)