As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PATV] PATV S3E01 - PAX 2011

RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazedby the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
edited November 2011 in The Penny Arcade Hub
patv_hero_pats_season3_ep01.png

8406wWN.png
Rankenphile on

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Excellent! So glad to see this back, and my god that first minute had me in tears.

• Options
    TleilaxuTleilaxu Registered User regular
    I lost it at a mere 17 seconds in. Mike gestures in a way that implies the story is about Jerry.

checkpointangrybirds.gif
  • Options
    KhelekKhelek Registered User new member
    I've been so excited since I saw Khoo's tweet earlier in the week that I made this to pass the time. Got done right before Kiko tweeted that this was up lol. Good episode! Wish I could go to PAX >:

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    YES! Cannot wait until I get home so I can watch it!!!

• Options
    bubblegumnexbubblegumnex Registered User regular
    Never forget.

<@zerzhul&gt; bubblegumnex: you were so very fucked up
    <@zerzhul&gt; you win at twdt
  • Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    I'm still at work and this won't work on my phone so NO ONE ELSE IS ALLOWED TO WATCH THIS.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    mrmechamrmecha Registered User new member
    God I love this series but ever since the second season I just can't get into the music... it's just not good.

• Options
    Mister KrossMister Kross Registered User regular
    YAYYYY! Finally it's back! First episode was as good as the rest.

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    I say this every year after I see videos from PAX, that one day I will actually get to attend one. Looking forward to PAX East 2013. Perhaps, perhaps..

Awesome video!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    mrmecha wrote:
    God I love this series but ever since the second season I just can't get into the music... it's just not good.

you realize most of the music from this episode is by the dude who soundtracked season 1, right?

FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Poop rifling.

And we're back.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    NorthNorth Registered User regular
    Khelek wrote:
    I've been so excited since I saw Khoo's tweet earlier in the week that I made this to pass the time. Got done right before Kiko tweeted that this was up lol. Good episode! Wish I could go to PAX >:

Excellent.

• Options
    ThreeCubedThreeCubed Grandma Winky's fat ankles Registered User regular
    YAY!

I'll go to PAX someday :|

This was delightful.

EyQGd.jpg
  • Options
    hooray4matthooray4matt Registered User regular
    Ah, shit. I want to go back. So good.

• Options
    2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular
    Griswold wrote:
    mrmecha wrote:

you realize most of the music from this episode is by the dude who soundtracked season 1, right?

That doesn't mean it's as good. I definitely agree that season one had the best jams.

But who cares! There's more PATV and it's good. I am a happy internet user.

• Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    Yeeeeeeesssssss an awesome episode for an awesome PAX

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    AshokaAshoka A Hub subforum that works? Registered User regular
    Solid episode as ever, bring on Season 3. A couple of things though.

The new opening is just meh. It is short though, I'll give it that, which leaves more room for content each episode. I feel the series has lost something however.

Secondly, why am I looking at still images in a streaming video of the third season of an established series? Were the guys unable to get enough footage? Or has the budget been cut in some way? Genuine head-scratcher moment on a production level on that one.

WNskB.jpg
  • Options
    Flashes of still images are a pretty great cinematic technique?

Doubt it's a budget thing so much as a convention of these type of things.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    AshokaAshoka A Hub subforum that works? Registered User regular

Felt like flashes of the 90's. There wasn't much cinematic about it. I mean, it was "nice" but I was literally sitting there wondering why I'm looking at still images from an event - that can usually be accessed in a forum or blog or whatever - when there's official video cameras on site shooting footage for this episode. Quality video is gold these days for live events. Youtube's great for instant gratification, but the quality can vary wildly.

WNskB.jpg
  • Options
    FandeathisFandeathis Registered User regular
    Best PAX episode yet. I too thought the still images seemed a bit out of place, but whatever. I'm sure they did it for effect.

You fuck wit' Die Antwoord, you fuck wit' da army.
  • Options
    TleilaxuTleilaxu Registered User regular
    Ashoka wrote:

Felt like flashes of the 90's. There wasn't much cinematic about it. I mean, it was "nice" but I was literally sitting there wondering why I'm looking at still images from an event - that can usually be accessed in a forum or blog or whatever - when there's official video cameras on site shooting footage for this episode. Quality video is gold these days for live events. Youtube's great for instant gratification, but the quality can vary wildly.

Ken Burns will produce the next season.

checkpointangrybirds.gif
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Wooo! I was wondering when or even if there was gonna be a season 3.
    Glad to see it's here!

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    dbrock270dbrock270 Registered User regular
    Great episode.

Maybe one year I'll be able to make it to PAX.

• Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    I walked by Khoo at PAX East this past year.

I stopped and said "Khoo! Please give me but a fraction of your power so I may be successful in business and in life!"

He looked up from his phone and went :| at me.

I was ashamed.

UEAKCrash on
  • Options
    FramlingFramling FaceHead Geebs has bad ideas.Registered User regular
    Good to see this back. I kinda zoned out after a while, though. I guess I just don't know that there's a lot more to be said about PAX in the abstract at this point.

I did like the talk about poop rifling, though. And it made me start wondering if you could correlate the diameter and consistency of a poop with the resistance/dilation graph of a suspect's butt to determine guilt.

you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
  • Options
    ThreeCubedThreeCubed Grandma Winky's fat ankles Registered User regular
    UEAKCrash wrote: »

I stopped and said "Khoo! Please give me but a fraction of your power so I may be successful in business and in life!"

I was ashamed.

If you said it in Toki's voice... that may have been the reason.

EyQGd.jpg
  • Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Margarazzi wrote:
    UEAKCrash wrote: »

I was ashamed.

If you said it in Toki's voice... that may have been the reason.

"Khoos! Please gives mes buts a fractions of your powers sos Is mays be successfuls in business ands in lifes!"
    "I sucks your dicks!"

UEAKCrash on
  • Options
    PiotyrPiotyr Power-Crazed Wizard SilmariaRegistered User regular
    So...what was the final round of the Omegathon? Fastest to beat Legend of Zelda level 1?

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Piotyr wrote:
    So...what was the final round of the Omegathon? Fastest to beat Legend of Zelda level 1?

Teams of two - the main player had the controller, their helper had a Gamefaqs printout. They had to guide the main player from the beginning to the first Triforce piece - first one there won.

• Options
    mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    KalTorak wrote:
    Piotyr wrote:

Teams of two - the main player had the controller, their helper had a Gamefaqs printout. They had to guide the main player from the beginning to the first Triforce piece - first one there won.

One of the quickest final rounds of all time. Kinda lacked drama as well.

Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    you know I wish we could have a thread for this in SE++ as well

it being posted here, and sorta here alone, kinda detracts a lot of praise from members of that forum

but oh well, who cares. PATV's back and it's still great.

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Framling wrote: »
    Good to see this back. I kinda zoned out after a while, though. I guess I just don't know that there's a lot more to be said about PAX in the abstract at this point.

I did like the talk about poop rifling, though. And it made me start wondering if you could correlate the diameter and consistency of a poop with the resistance/dilation graph of a suspect's butt to determine guilt.

I now eagerly await the episode of Bones/NCIS that incorporates this.

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Gatsby wrote:
    Framling wrote: »

I now eagerly await the episode of Bones/NCIS that incorporates this.

"Magnify and enhance" would take on a whole new frightening twist.

• Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Anal rifling. Ahh its good to be back.

• Options
    The Good Doctor TranThe Good Doctor Tran Registered User regular
    Mike and Jerry remain incredible to watch. Kinda eh besides their shining glory, though. Maybe I've just seen enough PAX for the moment.

LoL & Spiral Knights & MC & SMNC: Carrington - Origin: CarringtonPlus - Steam: skdrtran
  • Options
    superwootsuperwoot 6th Annual Triwizard - Slytherin DE Santa barbara, CARegistered User regular
    So freaking funny!!! I am a police officer, and it just so happens that I investigate fecal matter. I was promoted last month from the wet dick devision :-D lmao. MIKE AND JERRY, YOU ROCK!!! See you in August!!!!

In the strangest of ways...
  • Options
    superwootsuperwoot 6th Annual Triwizard - Slytherin DE Santa barbara, CARegistered User regular
    mrmecha wrote:

I like it, but to each their own. I think the hardest thing is keeping it in budget, and relatively similar to the theme of the show. It sucks though, cuz I would hate to think you are missing out on all these laughs just because of the music. Have a good one!

In the strangest of ways...
  • Options
    DaltonCarlDaltonCarl Registered User regular
    edited September 2013

DaltonCarl on
  • Options
    Holy shit that was a long ad I just got watching it again. Like a full minute.

Oh brilliant