As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Planes, Trains and [chat]mobiles

JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp.I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
edited November 2011 in Debate and/or Discourse
It's that time of year again - time to render the honor and obeisance due to one of the very best movies ever made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWRxPDhd3d0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2pu0m9iTo4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIc7nB-yck8

s-JOHN-HUGHES-large.jpg

Thanks, John.

rRwz9.gif
Jacobkosh on

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    o hi

obF2Wuw.png
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Oh man, that is definitely in my top three favorite holiday movies.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    helloo

steam_sig.png
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    So I really enjoyed 48 Hrs. The redneck bar scene was great.

• PonyPony Registered User regular
    zero arrests at the Occupy Toronto eviction thus far

city workers have been slowly taking down tents

items from the tents are being cataloged so the owners can reclaim them later

people are being allowed to take down their own tents and get their stuff if they're present

cops are offering help to take down the giant yurts the protesters set up outside the library

a LOT of protesters are screaming shitty things and some have barricaded themselves inside a gazebo, but the cops are thus far ignoring them

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Pony wrote:

people are being allowed to take down their own tents and get their stuff if they're present

cops are offering help to take down the giant yurts the protesters set up outside the library

a LOT of protesters are screaming shitty things and some have barricaded themselves inside a gazebo, but the cops are thus far ignoring them

TEAAAR GAAAAAAAAS

ftOqU21.png
    edited November 2011
    Are thre any amazing ipad games?

Final Fantasy Tactics is apparently never being released.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Dammit, stalking my Santee leads me to posts made almost exclusively in the [chat] thread. Can't you post in an incredibly specific thread like "O-Gauge railways sets and why I love them", santee?

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Pony wrote:

Man, your cops are failing so hard at this.

Not even a beating?

if I was a cop I'd solve 100% of problems with tear gas

ftOqU21.png
    a bunch of people chained themselves up inside the gazebo and say they don't have the keys to the locks and thus cannot leave

the cops are like "yeah, actually, we can just cut those later"

and then walked away

it'll probably be the last thing they deal with

seems the police strategy is to deal with as much quiet, reasonable stuff as possible at first and come back for the crazy yahoos later

Bogart wrote:
    Dammit, stalking my Santee leads me to posts made almost exclusively in the [chat] thread. Can't you post in an incredibly specific thread like "O-Gauge railways sets and why I love them", santee?

No sir.

steam_sig.png
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Pony wrote:
    a bunch of people chained themselves up inside the gazebo and say they don't have the keys to the locks and thus cannot leave

and then walked away

seems the police strategy is to deal with as much quiet, reasonable stuff as possible at first and come back for the crazy yahoos later

New York sure could learn something from them.

okay I'm reading a page on tear gas here that says most police forces have stopped exposing trainees to it because of the long-term adverse health effects

...I am sort of rethinking how good an idea it was to get voluntarily gassed a second time

ftOqU21.png
    Abd can only achieve a full erection in the presence of tear gas

steam_sig.png
    Pony wrote:

and then walked away

yeah people who have chained themselves to things are quite easy to deal with, really

ftOqU21.png

Is that why the ladies are always crying?

I feel dirty making that joke.

Chanus wrote:

Is that why the ladies are always crying?

I feel dirty making that joke.

yes and no

it's not why most of them cry because it's the reason they always cry

ftOqU21.png
    the most common reason for them crying is because I just strangled their beloved pet

ftOqU21.png
    (pay special attention to the stupid shit the screechy woman is yelling)

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Man you guys all have terrible blood pressures.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    I also finished Hard Target. Decent Van Damme action movie. Lionheart is uh slightly less good.

bowen wrote:

it's awful

the looks i got from nurses and doctors yesterday

they were like "you are 28 this should not be happening"

well doc what do you want from me

bowen wrote:

I'm sitting on the border between "fine" and "prehypertension".

Pony wrote:
    bowen wrote:

it's awful

the looks i got from nurses and doctors yesterday

they were like "you are 28 this should not be happening"

well doc what do you want from me

You need to eat your vegetables and take your vitamins mister :|

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I think mine was 115/70. It was 140/90 when I first walked in but I had to fucking run from the parking lot because it's like half a mile away from the building.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    is there any police problem that can't be solved with tear gas?

protesters not wanting to move? tear gas them and wait.

tough interrogation? An hour in a tear gas filled room is an easy way to do the "bad cop" routine

opening a window automatically makes you the nice cop

ftOqU21.png
    mine climbed up to 140/110 yesterday

the machine's numbers were in red and making blinky noises

that's bad, right?

hahahahaha apparently the police just yelled "mic check" and people responded and they're going to use the whole "people's mic" indoctrination method to get people to listen to their announcement

that's pretty great

• zeenyzeeny Registered User regular
    bowen wrote:

Fatasses eating burgers and sitting in the chat thread instead of playing sports. WHAT DO YOU EXPECT.....

Pony wrote:

that's bad, right?

According to my irregular heartbeat-related readings, that's "you need to look at some lifestyle changes and possibly medication" bad, rather than "HOLY SHIT CODE BLUE" bad, which would be closer to 200/120.

Who should avoid exposure? Edit

Everyone without adequate protection. Anyone inside a closed room without adequate ventilation - intensifying the level and duration of the chemical exposure. For most healthy people, the effects of tear gas and pepper spray are temporary. However, for some people the effects can be long-lasting and life-threatening. People with the conditions listed below should be aware of these risks and may want to try to avoid exposure. Please be aware that in intense actions, police behavior can be unpredictable, and avoidance is not always possible.
    ■ Folks with respiratory diseases, such as asthma, emphysema, etc. risk exacerbation, permanent damage if exposed. If someone experiences difficulty breathing, help them leave the area, if possible.
    ■ Vulnerable people such as infants, the elderly, and the immune compromised, risk intensified and possibly life-threatening responses.
    ■ Anyone with chronic health conditions or those on medications that weaken the immune system, (i.e., chemotherapy, Lupus, HIV, radiation, or long-term corticosteroids, such as prednisone) risk exacerbation of illness, intensified response and possible delayed recovery.
    ■ Women who are or could be pregnant, or who are trying to get pregnant may be at risk of spontaneous abortion or increased risk of birth defects, but not enough is known about its effects.
    ■ Nursing mothers risk passing toxins on to their infant.
    ■ Folks with skin (i.e., severe acne, psoriasis, or eczema) and eye (i.e., conjunctivitis or uveitis) conditions risk an intensified response.
    ■ People wearing contact lenses may experience increased eye irritation and damage due to chemicals being trapped under the lenses. They must be removed immediately with clean fingers and discarded.
    ■ Be aware of positional asphyxia - almost all pepper spray related deaths occur when the victim has been hogtied and placed face-down.

"if someone experiences difficulty breathing"

I would say there are few people who don't experience difficulty breathing in tear gas. That's kinda what it does.

If someone is breathing fine, they are impressively strong willed, or one of the lucky bastards who are basically immune.

ftOqU21.png
    "The police are attempting to facilitate a peaceful removal of all tents and structures presently erected in St. James Park. Once the tents and structures are cleared and the park is declared safe, the park will be re-opened and the protest can continue"

Amazing, good job TPS

Pony wrote:
    hahahahaha apparently the police just yelled "mic check" and people responded and they're going to use the whole "people's mic" indoctrination method to get people to listen to their announcement

that's pretty great

Ahahaha. That is awesome.

• zeenyzeeny Registered User regular
    Pony wrote:

that's bad, right?

That's strange blood pressure. 140 whatever, but 110 is way too high.

zeeny wrote:
    Pony wrote:

that's bad, right?

this is what they kept saying

it's that second number that's bad

zeeny wrote:
    Pony wrote:

that's bad, right?

140/110 is, like, precisely borderline hypertension.

This discussion has been closed.