As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2011 - Get with the gifting!

• Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    AaronKI wrote:
    RoadVirus, stop making us look bad. :P

I'm not familiar with that Batman book, but that's a super classy cover. I also misread "Voodoo Potato Chips" as "Doodoo Potato Chips" at first. I was very confused!

The batman book is a murder mystery. It's interactive. Has pull-out coroner's reports, notes that were discovered, etc.

That sounds pretty awesome. I have a Sherlock Holmes book kind of like that. It's written up like one of Watson's journals and has reproductions of documents and evidence from a handful of cases. No interactive mystery, though.

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I want do-overs on my gift now.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Angel177Angel177 Registered User regular

Now I HAVE to buy that Batman book, For dinner Theatre:)

6103544412_a48002080a.jpg
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Probably far too late news flash.

Santa, I have an unhealthy love for crisps (or chips as you are statistically likely to call them) and am utterly unable to resist trying new flavours. Foreign crisps would make excellent (if probably technically illegal) packing material if you intend on posting me things!

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular

Santa, I have an unhealthy love for crisps (or chips as you are statistically likely to call them) and am utterly unable to resist trying new flavours. Foreign crisps would make excellent (if probably technically illegal) packing material if you intend on posting me things!

Send him some of the strange fish flavored Japanese chips.

Do it do it do it!

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    ConnoQuicksilverConnoQuicksilver Current blackout status: Mass Effect 3, Batman: AC Athens. GreeceRegistered User regular
    Oh!
    A Steam sale!

Excellent...
    Eheheeheeheeee...
    2d6to3b.gif

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Beltaine wrote:

Do it do it do it!

Nooooo! The prominent crisp company here did theme flavours for each country in the last football world cup. England got 'Fish and Chips'. It was beyond vile. Fish does not a good crisp flavour make.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    GiftGet.gif
    A package arrives! I call in for reinforcements.
    2011-11-23155353.jpg

A simple note with a customized spoiler tag. I think my Santa tried to wrap the gifts in the spoiler but it slipped out of in-transit, I think.
    2011-11-23155438.jpg

And here is the haul!
    2011-11-23155539.jpg

Big thanks to my Santa. I will see to it that these points get used/abused! As for the game, I'd love to have a crack at it but both my guitars aren't 100% and I have tons of games on my plate the moment. But I promise I'll check it out.

EDIT: HOLY BALLS HUEG PIX. Brb, resizing.

EDIT 2: Alright. Better.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    Beltaine wrote:

Do it do it do it!

Nooooo! The prominent crisp company here did theme flavours for each country in the last football world cup. England got 'Fish and Chips'. It was beyond vile. Fish does not a good crisp flavour make.

So many choices...
    japanese-pringles-flavors-01.jpg

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    So I got part of my Santee's order in today and one of the items was opened, poorly taped shut, and beat all to hell. Unacceptable for gifting. So I got a hold of them and they are shipping me a replacement with bumped up two day shipping, not that it'll matter with the holiday, but it was nice they did it. Hopefully mid next week I can get out this gifting bundle of joy.

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    My santee's gift arrived last Friday but so far he still hasn't posted :(
    I'm getting a little worried :\

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Beltaine wrote:
    Beltaine wrote:

Do it do it do it!

So many choices...

I just want to note that I'm allergic to crustaceans, so shrimp and crab are very undesirable things to me. Even artificially flavoured, what little I've had of any of those I've not really enjoyed, so ... please, nobody send me any of those ... 'treats'. >_<
    On a shelf they look pretty cool though!

• Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    Glad you liked it Arikado! :D

• Options
    PoultryGeistPoultryGeist The Ghostly Chicken Registered User regular
    Beltaine wrote:
    Beltaine wrote:

Do it do it do it!

So many choices...

1622.jpg

IcdplGM.png
  • Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    elevature wrote:
    GiftGet.gif

What's this? A wild package appears! Miles Davis investigates.
    IMG_1017.jpg

It looks safe inside, but Miles sniffs for bombs just to make sure.
    IMG_1019.jpg

I start pulling stuff out, but Miles gets impatient and decides to help.
    IMG_1022.jpg

With him preoccupied, I examine my goodies. First up:
    IMG_1025.jpg
    Dead Space 2! I've been wanting this one for a while, but I've been preoccupied with other stuff and never got around to it. Now I need to man up and finish the first one so I can play this one.

Also, a CD of the Greatest Video Game Music by the London Philharmonic! I know this has been discussed here somewhere and I've really been wanting to hear it. This may be my musical accompaniment for my journey to work tomorrow morning.

What do we have next?
    IMG_1027.jpg
    Rice!

IMG_1028.jpg
    BBQ Sauce!

I don't know if I've ever mentioned it here but I love me some BBQ sauce. I am super excited for this. And the rice sounds real good too, I usually just eat boring white rice. I'm already planning tomorrow's dinner.

Hey Miles, we haven't checked in in a bit, you doing ok?
    IMG_1029.jpg

He is super pleased to have received some bubble wrap. Santa covered everything.

Finally, the coolest part:
    IMG_1033.jpg
    IMG_1031.jpg

Game of Thrones shot glasses! Stark, Lannister and Targaryen. So, so awesome.

They come with instructions:
    IMG_1035.jpg

I don't have much alcohol on hand at the moment, so I had to break in the Stark glass with some Jack Daniels.
    IMG_1034.jpg

Cheers, Santa!

The whole haul:
    IMG_1037.jpg

Thanks so much, Santa Cloudeagle!

I'm still many pages behind, so this has probably been said already, but if it HASN'T, may I recommend the following for the Targaryn shotglass?

Bacardi 151

• Options
    harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    Gift Get! And it wasn't even from my Santa, unless Minor Incident is my Santa, which would be weird because I was his Santa.

Anyway he gifted me Bastion on Steam! I'm pretty pumped about this!

Thanks, Minor Incident!

B6yM5w2.gif
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    I'd have to check the local grocery store again, but I haven't seen any crazy chip flavors in a long time. But using chips as packing material? Awesome idea!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    MarthMarth Registered User regular
    Reposting this from Secret Satans:
    Marth wrote:
    Satan, I can't check and see if I have any packages today, which means I won't be able to check until next Friday. Sorry!

Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Crap

Guess I'm gonna have to wait to send Marth this puppy

Or at least put in some air holes and a week's supply of food so that it doesn't die

• Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Gift apparently Got!
    I'm at work so can't check it out right now.

But in... two or three hours I will be making a gift get post

P.S., you probably didn't know this Santa, but today's my birthday. Excellent timing!

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    harvest wrote:
    Gift Get! And it wasn't even from my Santa, unless Minor Incident is my Santa, which would be weird because I was his Santa.

Anyway he gifted me Bastion on Steam! I'm pretty pumped about this!

Thanks, Minor Incident!

Haha, nope, I am not your Santa, but I'm loving the books you sent me so much, I felt obliged to get you some Bastion on the sale as a thank you. Because even santas deserve thank you's!

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    elevatureelevature Registered User regular
    Imperfect wrote:
    I'm still many pages behind, so this has probably been said already, but if it HASN'T, may I recommend the following for the Targaryn shotglass?

Bacardi 151

That sounds brutal. And a perfect fit for that glass. I'd try it but I think I might die.

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    The forums turned Christmas!

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    The forums turned Christmas!

Yeah! I love it! :D

Steam: offday
  • Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    Nice. The avatars even have snow piled on them. :D

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    OK, new avatar which means...I need christmasing!

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    I was going to ask someone to put a santa hat on my avatar but then I remembered it's just my xbla image and I have a santa hat for my avatar. I just need to get off my lazy ass and take a new avatar picture.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    I have regretfully decided that my 2 year old, active, playful, satan-spawn pug and a Christmas Tree will not mix well. Ah well, I'll figure out some nice wall decorations that she can't reach!

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Alright, Santee. I think you're getting a painting as part of your gift this year. I'm going to be doing a giant version of this:

00MMen_head.jpg

for a friend who just bought his first house, as a housewarming gift. I'll already have all my shit out, so might as well!

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Have already read four of the Walking Dead books.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    Hum de dum time to check my e-mail...

131381218498.jpg

GiftGet.gif
    FalloutNewVegas-OldWorldBluesDLC.png

SwashbucklerXX has given me the Orcs Must Die! dlc, two of what s/he thinks is the best of the new vegas dlc, and cave story+!

And apparently more is on its way via Canada post so I'll stay tuned!

Thanks a ton!

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote:
    Have already read four of the Walking Dead books.

I picked up the first issue of The Walking Dead for my Kindle Fire, definitely quality. I think I'm more in the mood for Atomic Robo lately though. With finals coming up I need laughs!

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    darunia106 wrote:
    Hum de dum time to check my e-mail...

131381218498.jpg

GiftGet.gif
    FalloutNewVegas-OldWorldBluesDLC.png

SwashbucklerXX has given me the Orcs Must Die! dlc, two of what s/he thinks is the best of the new vegas dlc, and cave story+!

And apparently more is on its way via Canada post so I'll stay tuned!

Thanks a ton!

Cave Story+? Nice. Good stuff.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Eek! Got a message from Proxy Elf saying that my gift is in the way. And from lands outside the U.S none the less!

• Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    GiftGet.gif

A PM from Santathulhu, who has apparently replaced Proxy!

Poor Proxy, that can't have been pleasant.

Anyway, the message contains two (2) games to be redeemed over Steam! Having just finished Xenoblade, and currently waiting for Skyrim in the mail, this is the perfect time to try a new game.
    Z4kaq.jpg
    1pej7.jpg

Oh dear. Either my Santa hates me, or Santathulhu ate my presents, and this is all that remains.
    Untitled.png
    Untitled2.png

Ah, I have a tricksy Santa.

And what's this? A video to watch?

Metal... Cheer? I know what you're all thinking, "What if Ante isn't a fan of Metal Gear at all?"
    Untitled3-1.png
    My desktop says I don't think we need to worry about that.
    I have nearly bought both of those games so many times, when they were on 360 I held out for a PC release, when they were on PC I held out for a sale, when they were on sale I was too dumb to buy them. And now I don't have to!

And I know the video has my street name in it so I shouldn't link it here... but whatevs, it's not uncommon.

Now Bastion has finished downloading, so if you don't mind, I'm off to enjoy my very generous Santa's gifts.
    P.S., thanks for putting so much effort in Santa, you're making the rest of us look bad :(

• Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Hahaha those Phoenix box arts are brilliant

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Proxy the ElfProxy the Elf Registered User regular
    GiftGet.gif

A PM from Santathulhu, who has apparently replaced Proxy!
    Poor Proxy, that can't have been pleasant.

Anyway, the message contains two (2) games to be redeemed over Steam! Having just finished Xenoblade, and currently waiting for Skyrim in the mail, this is the perfect time to try a new game.
    Z4kaq.jpg
    1pej7.jpg

Oh dear. Either my Santa hates me, or Santathulhu ate my presents, and this is all that remains.
    Untitled.png
    Untitled2.png

Ah, I have a tricksy Santa.

And what's this? A video to watch?

Metal... Cheer? I know what you're all thinking, "What if Ante isn't a fan of Metal Gear at all?"
    Untitled3-1.png
    My desktop says I don't think we need to worry about that.
    I have nearly bought both of those games so many times, when they were on 360 I held out for a PC release, when they were on PC I held out for a sale, when they were on sale I was too dumb to buy them. And now I don't have to!

And I know the video has my street name in it so I shouldn't link it here... but whatevs, it's not uncommon.

Now Bastion has finished downloading, so if you don't mind, I'm off to enjoy my very generous Santa's gifts.
    P.S., thanks for putting so much effort in Santa, you're making the rest of us look bad :(

Oh don't be silly, Proxy is just glad the cheer is being spread! :D
    fuuu.jpg

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!
    Spreading Christmas cheer across the forums since 2009!
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    My santee has been inactive for a week. But I emailed them gifts! I WANT TO SEE CHRISTMAS CHEER GOD DAMNIT.

• Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    Ack! I just got a seemingly innocent ProxyM. It's got me looking over my shoulder.

You happy Santa?
    It was a rhetorical question!

• Options
    SkyTurnsRedSkyTurnsRed Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    Now I fear that my Santa sent their gift and somehow the package is sitting somewhere that I haven't noticed it, what with all of these people posting that their Santee's aren't posting about their gifts... :(