As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2011 - Get with the gifting!

• Options
    DunxcoDunxco Should get a suit Never skips breakfastRegistered User regular
    GiftGet.gif

... AGAIN!

I swear belligerent is trying to get me to catch up with everything I've missed lately. This new-fangled Kindle, and now the tyke's gone and plonked two ruddy Steam games in me lap guv'nor. The santa that just keeps on giving!
    Portal2.jpg

Yes I know, I'm expected to have tomatoes thrown at me, but I never got around to Portal 2. And now I have it. And that's splendiferous.
    OrcsMustDie.jpg

Orcs Must Die! Death to Orcs! I saw some videos of this and thought it looked really fun, but then got sidetracked by Dungeon Defenders and wanting to finish off Binding of Isaac. There's a heck of a lot for me to play now, but heck Darksiders 2 is a few months off so I'll get cracking on these games.

Many thanks again Santa. You rock. <3

• Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Your Santee has made two very good decisions, I feel. Congratulations!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MattieMattie Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Awesome gift getting so far! Santee your gifts are on their way to me and I'll be shipping them from here as soon as they arrive, after added some special goodies to it first.

I think it's aboot time to get in the Holiday spirit!

Mattie on
    3DS Code 0001-3323-2884
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Suplex86
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Santa, all I want for Xmas is my health. Actually, that is a gift I could use right now. I have been sick since Sunday and am in danger of not getting Thanksgiving turkey and stuffing. :(

I feel like doo doo butter. Maybe some Santee shopping will make me feel better.

edit: Aw yeaa. New avatar. That counts as an Xmas one, right? Hehe.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Picked up my package this morning. After determining "PDB Sales INC." is the parent company of Starlight Citadel, it's apparent that this is my (first) Boardgame Geek secret Santa gift after all. So, while technically a gift get, it's not the right one. At least this means that if I get a package with a random name on it now, I'll know that it's my PA Santa for sure.

(And I am not opening the boardgame(s) until Christmas, so no, I have no idea what they are. <3)

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Now I fear that my Santa sent their gift and somehow the package is sitting somewhere that I haven't noticed it, what with all of these people posting that their Santee's aren't posting about their gifts... :(

My santee's gift is sitting in their email, so no worries.

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    OH MY GOD CHRISTMAS THEMED FORUMS IS THE BEST THING EVER.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    Cornell002Cornell002 Registered User regular
    Come onnnnnn Santee!

• Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    I am loving these forums. So awesome!

And happy Thanksgiving everyone!

And Santa, I'm sorry, but I keep seeing stuff people get and I add it to my wishlist. This stuff is so awesome! The Walking Dead! It looks amazing!

• Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    Santa, if you send my package and I don't say anything when you think I should have discovered it, proxy me. There's a chance that it's sitting up at the post office and I'm oblivious. Or sitting on the porch and I'm oblivious depending which address you used.

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    Mr HeistMr Heist It's Heist-o-Matic! Registered User regular
    Finally convinced the family to try brining a turkey today! Now I'm just standing by to put on Christmas carols as soon as the last bite is taken.

This week off has been good for catching up on stalking. I have most ideas together- will be ordering as soon as I get back home at the end of the week. We need to have some cheer waylaid to closer to Christmas!

mrheist-wide.png
  • Options
    We've never had a full turkey on thanksgiving. Usually it's one of these. I guess the end result is the same, but sometimes I think it'd be neat to have the traditional as-seen-on TV turkey. Also, I want a turkey leg. :)

Though the past few years, the food portion of the holiday has been a letdown since we've been going out to eat. The food portion of Christmas is confusing too because no matter who's house we go to for the Holiday, everyone wants to cook Italian food. Lasagna, tortellini, Italian beef. There's not even any Italian blood in the family. :P

My family may be weird on the food front, but I can't even state how thankful I am that we're functional. Especially after reading the horror stories posted on these forums. No black sheep, no holiday-ruining drama, or fights that result in someone being thrown out.

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Still wondering if one of my santee's gifts should be the Alan Partridge biography and let them see if they think its serious.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    can I get somebody to help with with a proxy issue?

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    My wife cooked a full turkey for the first time. Not only were the clamps holding the legs shut nigh-impossible to get open, but once she did and spread-eagled that thing, the neck within was enormous. And, uh, phallic.

"I feel like I just sexually assaulted a turkey!"

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    Hey Santa, if it helps, there's a very good chance I will be purchasing that sweet PS3 bundle that's dirt cheap.

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    The first time I cooked a turkey on my own, I forgot to take out the bag of innards inside it. I found it later, while carving the bird at the dinner table.

It was like a grotesque kinder surprise.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    I don't understand, if you are stuffing your turkey of course you'll find the bag.

wait

unless you didn't stuff your turkey?

What the hell figgy. what. the. hell.

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    Hardtarget wrote:
    I don't understand, if you are stuffing your turkey of course you'll find the bag.

wait

A lot of cooks/chefs/whatever recommend not stuffing a bird. Basically, it makes the bird denser and so it takes longer to get to temp which increases the chances of drying out the breasts. And really, who likes dry breasts?

On another topic, my dog woke up a bit ill, so that's gross. Hopefully she just found something on the floor that didn't agree with her famously iron stomach.

Also, Santa, as you may be aware there's a Steam Sale. I make no promises about buying cheap ass games for myself.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    GiftGet.gif

Had a nice surprise in my PM inbox yesterday:
    temp-9.jpg

Yay indie games! I have none of the main events and have happily added them to my Steam vault for future delectation.

Aquaria and Crayon Physics I already have, but luckily they come on a separate Steam key. Anyone want a re-gift of a Steam code for these two fine games?

So massive thanks to my not so Secret Santa, now revealed to be Proxy the Elf!

Hang on wait a minute...

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Hardtarget wrote:

wait

It was like 9 years ago. I was 19. Give me a break.

And I think I didn't stuff it because I was afraid of salmonella. I don't remember exactly.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Everyone in the steam thread already has it, so anyone want a steam gift of VVVVVV?

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    ConnoQuicksilverConnoQuicksilver Current blackout status: Mass Effect 3, Batman: AC Athens. GreeceRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Santee! Dude!
    Your MATERIAL GIFTS have been ordered and dispatched!
    They are consistent with your profile pic!
    I have good reason to believe they conform to your general attitude towards life!
    If not... too bad! You may considered yourself "punk'd"!

You also have IMMATERIAL GIFTS waiting for you! Should I forward them immediately, or wait until the rest has arrived?
    HOHOHO!!!
    Figgy wrote:
    The first time I cooked a turkey on my own, I forgot to take out the bag of innards inside it. I found it later, while carving the bird at the dinner table.

It was like a grotesque kinder surprise.

Mmmm... turkey giblets, with essence de poo-poo...
    FL-FeelsDeliciousLogo.jpg

edit: It appears that I'm flying through snow clouds. That... can't be good for my engines... right?

ConnoQuicksilver on
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    My turn with nostalgic Christmas music Youtubin'!

I make no apologies that unless you are from both my country and my generation the following will make not one lick of sense :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHVh-Ha7hPs

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    I can't pass up a sale dunxco... it's in my bones.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Elin wrote:
    Hardtarget wrote:

wait

A lot of cooks/chefs/whatever recommend not stuffing a bird. Basically, it makes the bird denser and so it takes longer to get to temp which increases the chances of drying out the breasts. And really, who likes dry breasts?
    you should start watching/listening to cooks/chefs/whatever who know how to cook a turkey with stuffing properly then

I recommend Challah as the bread of choice for stuffing and use a family recipe a few generations old, it's basically amazing.
    also Low and Slow

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    Mr HeistMr Heist It's Heist-o-Matic! Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Santee! Dude!
    Your MATERIAL GIFTS have been ordered and dispatched!
    They are consistent with your profile pic!
    I have good reason to believe they conform to your general attitude towards life!
    If not... too bad! You may considered yourself "punk'd"!

Awww, you sent me a briefcase full of cash? You shouldn't have!
    You should.

Mr Heist on
    mrheist-wide.png
  • Options
    HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    Thanksgiving is finally upon us, time to shop. Santee your gift shall be in the mail within the next three days.

• Options
    ConnoQuicksilverConnoQuicksilver Current blackout status: Mass Effect 3, Batman: AC Athens. GreeceRegistered User regular
    Mr Heist wrote:
    Awww, you sent me a briefcase full of cash? You shouldn't have!

Err... why would you want a briefcase full of cash? You already have one.
    I can SEE IT.
    It's RIGHT THERE.
    c66ee1ad-385a-4a93-a3a2-0ea29aa5037b.jpg

• Options
    never-ending-reignnever-ending-reign Polish Catholic entering a world of painRegistered User regular
    Everyone in the steam thread already has it, so anyone want a steam gift of VVVVVV?

OOOoooooo.... ME! ME! ME! Pleeease :) I loves me hardcore games like that and I;ve always wanted to try it. I Wanna Be The Guy was a blast and Super Meat Boy is great times as well. If it's still available, I'd love it.

• Options
    DawasaurusDawasaurus In a forestRegistered User regular
    I helped make Thanksgiving, this year. Currently scribbling down notes so I could remember enough to do it all myself, next year. So far, the thing I'm best at is making gravy.
    We never stuff our turkey. And we usually just go with a large breast, rather than a whole turkey; so even if we wanted to, there wouldn't be much room for stuffing. Our family is small, so a breast is plenty; and it's less greasy, too.
    But we make cornbread dressing, instead. (It bakes in a seperate little pot.) It is delicious, so I've never wanted for stuffing.

Now that our three-hour Thanksgiving lunch is through, all that is left (aside from eating leftovers for every meal for the next couple days) is to post more Christmas music, and bake a bunch of cookies and brownies, until Christmas.

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Gravy is the easiest thing to make perfectly. Unfortunately it's also just as easy to fuck up.

I take great pride in my non-lumpy, thick, brown gravy skills.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Elin wrote:
    Hardtarget wrote:

wait

That's why you cut off knobs of butter and position them under the skin.

EDIT: Dammit, I've fallen into the trap of buying two of everything because I want everything I'm buying my Santee.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular

I'm a big fan of VVVVVV. I think I've actually bought it for myself like 3 times. The second and third times were because of bundles, though, but still. It's such an awesome game. I love the music.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I'm debating getting my santee something from the steam sale but I'm waiting to see if they're the buy every daily as soon as it's up type or the hang back and questions every choice before maybe making a purchase last second type. If it's the former then there's no way I can beat them to it... especially if I wait till they get the rest of their gifts to gift the games too.

Augh, so many choices.

• Options
    strebaliciousstrebalicious Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    GiftGet.gif

Awesome! What a great "Welcome Home" gift for my first Thanksgiving with my parents in 12 years. World of Goo, Sequence, Mass Effect 2, and The Witcher 2, all on some program called "Water in Gaseous Form" or something-or-other. Sadly, my laptop got wrecked, so I won't be able to utilize those quite yet. And what? _TWO_ boxes to expect? You are the mostbestest, ConnoQuicksilver.

strebalicious on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Hey, Santee. Item #1 purchased. Let the flood gates open and my money go out the window!

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    GiftGet.gif

I got a pretty awesome ProxyM today, filled with proof of quality stalking. It says that my gift is in the mail, and in the meantime I should enjoy a Steam Gift of this:
    I didn't have a camera on hand, so I photoshopped a picture of my cat on it.
    1f9Zi.jpg

My computer is kinda crap, but it SHOULD run this. Worst case, I have a game to show off whatever new hardware I buy in 2012.

Thank you Santa Gaslight!

• Options
    Turkey wrote:
    I didn't have a camera on hand, so I photoshopped a picture of my cat on it.

I laughed a lot harder at this and the accompanying picture than I should have, probably.

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Man, so intense. The package Is still unopened. I want to do this properly with tiger, our cat and take pictures. But it'd so tempting to just top it open already D: