As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Occupy Hell: How come 1% of the forumers get 99% of the gifts?! [Secret Satans]

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    HEY HEY GUYS I THINK MY SATAN IS AUSTRALIAN

OR A FISH

packageb.jpg

"WE'RE OFF TO SEE THE POSTIE!
    THE WONDERFUL POSTIE OF OZ!

A CLUE? OR A CLEVERLY ORCHESTRATED RED HERRING?"

...possibly a musical fish?

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    ...why does my forum time say 10:09 p.m.?

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    because you live in a terrible country

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    wait so you haven't actually received it? that's just a photo of it NOT having been sent?

THIS IS SO DECEPTIVE, DAMMIT

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    guess I wasn't done with hating

GOOD NIGHT EVERYBODY

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    tlb blows goats

• Options
    KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    Kusuguttai wrote:
    tlb blows goats

i have proof

• Options
    No, I haven't received anything! It was a texted photo of the package! But I mean the address was right. So. There's that.

Why can I track packages internationally from Korea to the States but not from the States to anywhere or from Korea to anywhere else? I want to psychotically haunt my packages on their trip across the world and the post offices won't let me ugh.

Also TLB that wasn't an insult, it was a reason. A reason that doesn't answer my question! Where on earth is it 10:00 at night, you guys? Where? The ocean? Hawaii? Marshall Islands?

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    fine

one more for the road

LOST SALIENT

MOVED TO KOREA BECAUSE SHE THOUGHT THAT ANIME WAS WHAT ASIANS LOOKED LIKE

SPENDS EVERY WAKING HOUR CRYING OVER HER POOR DECISIONS AND MASTURBATING TO GIGANTOR

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    ...well, you're half right

maybe even 3/4

but which 3/4?

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Your masterbation aides all look like Gigantor.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Ooooh boy I take back everything!

"Latest Event: Arrived at destination country - November 24, 2011 11:01:04 PM"

Weee oooooo

Soon, my Satanee... soooooon.

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    Aargh i have this awesome themed idea, but i have no clue whether my satan still has a use for it.

so conflicted.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Hah.

Orchestrated, cause it was a song.

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Alright, Satanee is shopped for! Now I just need to get the things, consolidate, and send.

So excited right now!

godmode on
  • Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    If you hate having money and/or really, really want something tracked, there's always FedEx.

Gosh I am on like my fifth glass of wine tonight, and there was a time when that was nothing, but oh hey it's 4am.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    I took advantage of a free month of Amazon Prime and saved like 40 bucks on shipping right off the bat.

Now I just need to remember to cancel it in a month :D

• Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    My sister is bringing my satans gift down to me this weekend!

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    So @Vivixenne was my Satan!

So as to avoid a repeat of last year where I got the same thing twice I asked my sister to open my gift to prevent that.

I was told this is Part 1 of the gift and it's the Crime Box! I got Memento, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (I loved this) and the Italian Job! I couldn't hear my sister over the phone but she mentioned that there was a crime graphic novel too.

I can't wait to see the rest of my stuff and when my sister told me who sent it I was like no way!!! I'll take pictures when I get my stuff at the weekend.

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    So @Vivixenne was my Satan!

So as to avoid a repeat of last year where I got the same thing twice I asked my sister to open my gift to prevent that.

I was told this is Part 1 of the gift and it's the Crime Box! I got Memento, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (I loved this) and the Italian Job! I couldn't hear my sister over the phone but she mentioned that there was a crime graphic novel too.

I can't wait to see the rest of my stuff and when my sister told me who sent it I was like no way!!! I'll take pictures when I get my stuff at the weekend.

Hoooooray! I'm glad you are excited... I figured a few things off your wishlist will prevent it from being a total wash. :) I really hope you will love the other parts of your gift, but they won't be getting to you until closer to Christmas (there's been an UNEXPECTED DELAY on Part 2 of your gift, but I hope it's not TOO big a delay).

And yeah I hope you like the books too, I was kinda crossing my fingers there and hoping you hadn't read them yet! :P

• Options
    I am going to watch all of those movies this weekend and yes Kiss Kiss Bang Bang was so underrated.

My sister says she thinks you're awesome.

• Options
    LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    You know I've yet to watch Memento, and I've owned it for at least a year now. It's just one of those things I've never gotten around to.

Also, is it the classic or remade Italian Job? This is important.

Legba on
  • Options
    It was the 40th Anniversary edition I think is what she said.

• Options
    Well then, it's official: Vivixenne is an awesome Satan.

• Options
    OminousLozengeOminousLozenge Registered User regular
    godmode wrote:
    I took advantage of a free month of Amazon Prime and saved like 40 bucks on shipping right off the bat.

Now I just need to remember to cancel it in a month :D

I think you can just opt out of Prime now and still get the rest of your free month without having to worry about doing it in a month.

Sometimes I have ideas for things.
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Legba wrote:
    You know I've yet to watch Memento, and I've owned it for at least a year now. It's just one of those things I've never gotten around to.

I was like this with A Scanner Darkly

The difference is Memento is excellent and Scanner Darkly is dogshit

• Options
    I am going to watch all of those movies this weekend and yes Kiss Kiss Bang Bang was so underrated.

Awwww! Bring her to AusPAX 2013! ;-)

• Options
    edited November 2011
    It was the 40th Anniversary edition I think is what she said.

The night I bought that stuff Blake and I watched the Italian Job (1969) again, too.

I had forgotten what a treat that movie is.

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    Vivixenne wrote:

Awwww! Bring her to AusPAX 2013! ;-)

I've lots of time to save up!

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    what comic did you get him

• Options
    UPSUPS What can I do for you? Handling Your GoodsRegistered User regular
    ceres wrote:
    If you hate having money and/or really, really want something tracked, there's always FedEx.

Gosh I am on like my fifth glass of wine tonight, and there was a time when that was nothing, but oh hey it's 4am.

Oh.

I see how it is.

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular

I got a chance to watch it a few weeks ago

Holy damn I love that movie.

• Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    Slacker71 wrote:
    Thank you mystery Santan!

These all came from Amazon without a note.
    2011-11-23115442.jpg

I don't know which one to start first.

I added notes for each item on amazon on why you have good opinions/chose a bad thing. Maybe they'll all be in the second package which should arrive today. If not i'll pm them to you.

campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Keith wrote:

well I didn't want to ruin the surprise but since the only reason he doesn't know yet is a bad phone connection...

they were Ed Brubaker's Criminal trade paperbacks, volumes 1-3

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    gifts sent!

HOO HOO HOO! I think my satanee is in for quite the treat

• Options
    #pipe wrote:
    Legba wrote:

I was like this with A Scanner Darkly

The difference is Memento is excellent and Scanner Darkly is dogshit

I liked A Scanner Darkly, but, uh, I don't think I'll bother watching it again.

Oh, and I thought of one good reason to get DVDs: behind the scenes featurettes and directors commentary tracks etc. Literally the only reason I ever buy DVDs these days, and it's making me think seriously about getting a BlueRay player because they by far have the better extra features.

The best example of this recently is The Social Network collector's edition, which is a film class in and off itself. It's an absolute must-have.

• Options
    Vivixenne wrote:
    Keith wrote:

well I didn't want to ruin the surprise but since the only reason he doesn't know yet is a bad phone connection...

Criminal by Ed Brubaker, Volumes 1-3

How many volumes are there? If I like them I can ask my mam for the other ones :P The gift that keeps on giving!

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Vivixenne wrote:
    Keith wrote:

How many volumes are there? If I like them I can ask my mam for the other ones :P The gift that keeps on giving!

I think there are 6 now... the series got restarted a couple of times so there are a few years in between volumes, but I only got you the first 3 in case you didn't end up liking them!

EDIT: the initial run is covered in volumes 1 and 2, and the first restart starts with volume 3 and ends in volume 4. Volume 5 is yet another restart (or a limited series), I think, and volume 6 is due to come out in December this year.

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Vivixenne wrote:
    Vivixenne wrote:
    Keith wrote:

I think there are 6 now... the series got restarted a couple of times so there are a few years in between volumes, but I only got you the first 3 in case you didn't end up liking them!

EDIT: the initial run is covered in volumes 1 and 2, and the first restart starts with volume 3 and ends in volume 4. Volume 5 is yet another restart (or a limited series), I think, and volume 6 is due to come out in December this year.

I figured it was Criminal

It's good. I think I've only read the first two trades for it, though

There's also Incognito by the same writer and artist, which I think is similar but about superheroes? @Sars_Boy is more knowledgable in this area

• Options
    edited November 2011
    I've read Incognito... and it's not really about superheroes, more like superhumans. Specifically, superheroes vs supervillains from the villain's side of the story.

It starts off really slow and has a few pacing problems but overall I enjoyed it. It's not as good as Criminal, though.

Vivixenne on
This discussion has been closed.