As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Decide-o-tron Support Thread!

13»

• LectoidLectoid Registered User regular
    Seems there is no support for this app anymore.

• Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    I know that if we do an additional version, it'll likely be web based rather than device specific.

For support, Lectoid - let me see if the developers can look at your specific issue. It seems to be an edge case, but I'll bring it to their attention.

Some guy.
  • TheBinaryMillTheBinaryMill Registered User regular
    Lectoid wrote:
    When I import my xbox games, it says 0 games imported successfully. I've been playing since the 360 came out. My PS3 games import successfully though. I've deleted the app and reinstalled it to no avail. All the sharing settings on xbox are set to "everyone".
    Hi Lectoid! Apologies for the delay in response - we've been hard at work on exciting new features for Decide-o-tron!

As for your issue, I'll have to check with some of the other team as we're not aware of any issues with Xbox imports at this time. Sometimes the server is known to have some down-time, so perhaps that could be the cause...have you tried again recently? You may also want to double check upper/lower case gamer tags as they can sometimes influence the import.

Cheers,
    - Ingmar

I did consider case and tried all 3 ways. I doubt this matters but I am in the new xbox dash beta. They changed the website before I tried the app so didn't know... I also tried two other gamer tags of my friends and got the same results. Can you suggest a known working gamer tag and I'll try that. I'll also try the app on my iPad and see if the problem follows.

Lectoid wrote:
    I did consider case and tried all 3 ways. I doubt this matters but I am in the new xbox dash beta. They changed the website before I tried the app so didn't know... I also tried two other gamer tags of my friends and got the same results. Can you suggest a known working gamer tag and I'll try that. I'll also try the app on my iPad and see if the problem follows.

Hmm, the beta account may be the cause, but unlikely as you say. Your friends' accounts should have worked. Let me talk to some other folks and get back to you!

Cheers,
    - Ingmar

Lectoid wrote:
    Lectoid, could you please give importing a try with your gamertag now? The engineers may have tracked down your problem. Please let me know :)

Thanks,
    - Ingmar

Still getting 0 games imported successfully. Did you or your engineers have any luck importing my gamer tag?

Also getting the same error on my ipad2.

Anyone there?

Updated to 1.0.9. Still not working for me. Am I the only one with this issue?

I don't know how, but I just checked my library and all my Xbox games are there. I am going to tempt fate and delete the app and try again to see if it works.

Worked just fine after removing it. Now I can finally let this app tell me which games to buy!!

• JackKieserJackKieser Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I have to ask: why is there no option to turn down the suggestions that this app gives you? I don't care what you think, app, I really don't want Dead Space 2, any CoD or BF game, or Skyrim. Many times, it just seems to suggest to me new blockbuster titles, instead of games I actually will care about.

Balanced-Brawl-Sig-2.gif?t=1271711610
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I just downloaded this on the iPhone and the app is very buggy.

When I go to tap to rate something sometimes it will misread my tap as changing the ownership status, jumble around, and then crash. And sometimes it duplicates games in the library for no apparent reason.

It's usable by really it's barely holding its head above water. I think it could be a lot better with just some common sense reorganization of the screens and buttons.

Jasconius on
  • existexist Registered User regular
    So is this app dead in the water or what

I recently got an iPhone and tried this out and it is in a sad way, especially considering it has been out for like half a year.

It is a shame too, I think it's a really cool idea, just poorly executed and definitely does not live up to the Penny Arcade standard of quality.

UmPiq.png
  • thellsternthellstern Registered User new member
    I can't get past the facebook connect. When I try to connect online or offline and press next, nothing happens.

• zaitronzaitron Registered User new member
    I've got the same issue as thellstern: the app refuses to go beyond the Facebook connect page. I've tried with it connected to my Facebook account and with it not connected and it doesn't go beyond that screen

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    79kQ2.png

ouch

• agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Steam supports coming any day now I tells ya

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Anakha56Anakha56 Registered User new member
    *knock knock*

Any Android support? Its kind of ironic that a Robot app is M.I.A. when it comes to the massive Android army... :(

• RudianosRudianos Registered User new member
    Hi all.
    I’ve got a problem with the app for my Iphone 4.
    Two days ago all the games in my library and wishlist have disappeared (the app now state that I have 0 games in the library and 0 games in the wishlist), and when I try to search a game the app doesn’t find anything.
    I tried to quit the app by double tapping the home button, holding the app until it wiggles and press X, but nothing changes.