As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2011 - Get with the gifting!

• Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Jesus rollerblading Christ, that looks like the eye of Sauron. Or an evil portal from the movie Event Horizon*.

*which didn't have portals in it, but were they included they would look probably half as evil as this one does.

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    SkyTurnsRedSkyTurnsRed Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Santa! I would gladly accept a 3DS!

In all seriousness, anything I get will be gladly appreciated.

SkyTurnsRed on
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    yeah same here, that legend of zelda edition 3DS looks mad pimp. Just sayin'.

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I just need one more piece and this aberration of a gift will be complete (*Lighting strike*) HAHAHAhahahahHAHAHAH.

but yeah I guess I should find a box.

• Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    I will also reluctantly accept a 3DS but only because my parents sent me LoZ:OoT3D for my birthday and I don't have a 3DS to play it with. I ended up returning it :(

I will also accept cookies!

Icemopper on
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Icemopper, I got one or two ps3 games last year and I didn't have a ps3. I was also given a blu ray player. :-x

Worked out in the end as I did eventually get a ps3.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    GiftGet.gif

Having noticed that I have put a mad amount of time into The Binding of Isaac recently (seriously great little game), my Santa has got me the soundtrack!

4115269331-1.jpg

Along with a whole bunch of other soundtracks!

igmb.png

Yay! Tunes!

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Nice. =D
    Game music is pretty great stuff. 3DSs are also welcome, although I can't say I have any interest in one. It's just cool to see people get such things.

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Nice, Jam! I just went back to their site yesterday when I finally decided I should pick it up. But it was already over... :(

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    So anyone know roughly how long it would take a package to go from the UK to somewhere outside of Europe?

One of my Santee's items has to be restocked and isn't gonna get to me until about 6/7 of Dec.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    If it's late I can't imagine that you'd be considered a deadbeat or that your Santee would be upset with a quick note explaining that a gift is on the way because of limited quantities and international shipping.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    jclast wrote:
    If it's late I can't imagine that you'd be considered a deadbeat or that your Santee would be upset with a quick note explaining that a gift is on the way because of limited quantities and international shipping.

That's the way it's happened in the past, at least. If you're open and communicative, you'll most likely not be tarred with that brush even if you're a little late.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    You'll be especially safe if they already have other things and just the one piece is extra later. Unless you're trying to send everything at once...but then you should still be ok if you get it out ASAP. I shipped to LPM last year and I think it took two weeks at most to get there, and I sent from the west coast, so it had to go as far as possible.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    I plan on taking pictures of the postage and everything as I usually do, royal mail have lost packages before so I make sure to keep records, just want to make sure my santee gets his cheer on time.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    Hey Santa,

As a Canadian, it's hard for us to find those old PC adapters that allowed you to use your 360 wireless controllers. I'd kind of like one of those, so ... I don't know if that might be something easier for you to come across in your country, but it's something that just popped into my head. Don't go out of your way if for such a thing though.

<3

• Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    Oh yeah Santa, if you're one of the above posters that's concerned about being late: I don't care, you've already given my backlog a boost that will last quite a while.

• Options
    Ah good, just checked amazon and its actually been dispatched today.

Now to buy lots of sweets to use as packing material.

• Options
    MattieMattie Registered User regular
    Waiting for 1 more thing to come in and then it's present sending out time.

3DS Code 0001-3323-2884
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Suplex86
  • Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    GiftGet.gif

So a snowed-upon man in brown stuck an amazon.ca box at my door today. I thought it was a gift from my mother, so I cracked it open before realizing that it was from a JOLLY INTERNET STRANGER, and thus required inspection!

PIC_0002.jpg

Package Inspector Chet is fat and lazy, so the box was brought to him in his luxury bean bag bed.

PIC_0003.jpg

"This box does not smell of fish. I am uninterested."

PIC_0004.jpg

The wrapped present inside also did not smell of fish, and was thus determined safe to be passed along to the hu-man.

PIC_0005.jpg

Oooh, books! Interesting-looking ones! Santa, you did an ace job of stalking to figure out that Hedy's Folly is just the sort of thing I would find groovy, and the Banks novel looks intriguing, too!

My gift was unsigned, with a promise that a future package is incoming from the States. Thank you very much for the bookage, and I eagerly await Gift 2 and the revelation of Santa's identity!

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    Good luck not buying the rest of the culture series after finishing the Player of Games, one of the best sci-fi series ever.

• Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Ketar wrote:
    GiftGet.gif
    The mail carrier brought a little something extra in yesterday's mail - a mysterious package! Not knowing what it could be, it was time once again to employ the services of package inspectors Coco and Spunky.

Coco was first on the scene:
    IMG_20111128_224700.jpg

After the initial inspection passed, she reviews the opened package:
    IMG_20111128_224742.jpg

Once the contents have been removed, inspector Spunky takes over:
    IMG_20111128_224923.jpg

Having met with the approval of both inspectors, a close-up of the contents:
    IMG_20111128_224954.jpg

Mmm, Pocky. I've only had it once before, but I remembered it as being quite tasty. And it was yet again, thanks Santa!

Let's take a look at the card:
    IMG_20111128_225116.jpg

IMG_20111128_225133.jpg

IMG_20111128_225156.jpg

Hmm, a mysterious identity. I is intrigued, Santa.

Wrapped item #1:
    IMG_20111128_225610.jpg

A poke-thingy! Heh, I've never really been exposed to Pokemon before, but I fully expect my son will be into them once he's old enough. What better time to start him than now? There appear to be some strong opinions on the forums on Oshawatt's value as a starter. Excellent.

Wrapped item #2:
    IMG_20111128_225547.jpg

Oh ho ho, I've heard about this one ;-) My wife and I laughed about the title and concept when I first saw it mentioned online. We laughed even harder last night as I read it aloud, even though we both felt slightly guilty afterward. Though not as guilty as I would have expected. A gift that hits close to home!

Wrapped item #3:
    IMG_20111128_225650.jpg

Who can't use a little invincibility when they're in trouble? Cute and whimsical, this star is hanging on the Christmas tree when we put it up. Hopefully high enough that my little guy can't get to it. Or the package inspectors. I think all 3 junior household members were equally intrigued by this one.

The entire haul:
    IMG_20111128_225712.jpg

But wait, let's look at that card again. There's more? You spoil me, Santa. But I have to figure out who you are or the gift gets it. Heavens to murgatroyd! Ok, there's a clue: look to the beginning to find the end. Let's see here. Is anything about the card or gifts a hint to my santa's avatar or name? Do we have a Pocky in the SS this year? Alas, no.

What else can I try? The beginning of the book? No luck there.

What about the card itself? Perhaps the first letter of each sentence? Hmm, M-Y-N-A-M-E-I-S- omg
    My name is Slim Shady. Eminem is my Santa? It makes sense! Eminem would bust a cap in a gift if his santee didn't respect him enough to identify him correctly. And he totally seems like a pocky and Pokemon fan...Er wait, no...something's wrong here.

M-Y-N-A-M-E-I-S-M-I-G-H-T-Y

Ahh-hah! Santa Mighty! And a mighty wonderful Santa you are indeed! Thanks for the great package, I'm looking forward to whatever the final part may be.

Oh, what's this? Package inspector Rohan finally returned home from his grandparents' house?
    IMG_20111129_174400.jpg
    He did indeed. And he's cranky, and hungry, and tired, but he won't sleep, and omg I'm turning into the parent from that book aren't I? Egads.

IMG_20111129_174445.jpg
    Oshawott to the rescue! I think Rohan's supposed to be training him, but for right now it might be the other way around.

Thanks Mighty!!

No problem, Ketar!

I am glad to hear you enjoyed the Package! Now you should prepare your altar to the newell, for i feel a reward will spring forth.

Mighty on
    Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    DraysothDraysoth Registered User regular
    I'm scared! Don't want to say why, because I'm not sure if it will change anything...! I do want to answer the question - yes, I do have that, but its Canadian, and has a different selection than what other areas have! Not sure if that helps or hinders - please send cure!

WiiU ID - Draysoth1
    Xbox Live - Draysoth1
    PSN - Draysoth
    Steam - Draysoth
    3DS - 2320-6133-3744
    Please let me know if you add me!
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Mighty wrote:
    Ketar wrote:
    GiftGet.gif
    The mail carrier brought a little something extra in yesterday's mail - a mysterious package! Not knowing what it could be, it was time once again to employ the services of package inspectors Coco and Spunky.

IMG_20111128_224700.jpg

IMG_20111128_224742.jpg

IMG_20111128_224923.jpg

IMG_20111128_224954.jpg

Mmm, Pocky. I've only had it once before, but I remembered it as being quite tasty. And it was yet again, thanks Santa!

IMG_20111128_225116.jpg

IMG_20111128_225133.jpg

IMG_20111128_225156.jpg

Wrapped item #1:
    IMG_20111128_225610.jpg

A poke-thingy! Heh, I've never really been exposed to Pokemon before, but I fully expect my son will be into them once he's old enough. What better time to start him than now? There appear to be some strong opinions on the forums on Oshawatt's value as a starter. Excellent.

Wrapped item #2:
    IMG_20111128_225547.jpg

Oh ho ho, I've heard about this one ;-) My wife and I laughed about the title and concept when I first saw it mentioned online. We laughed even harder last night as I read it aloud, even though we both felt slightly guilty afterward. Though not as guilty as I would have expected. A gift that hits close to home!

Wrapped item #3:
    IMG_20111128_225650.jpg

Who can't use a little invincibility when they're in trouble? Cute and whimsical, this star is hanging on the Christmas tree when we put it up. Hopefully high enough that my little guy can't get to it. Or the package inspectors. I think all 3 junior household members were equally intrigued by this one.

The entire haul:
    IMG_20111128_225712.jpg

But wait, let's look at that card again. There's more? You spoil me, Santa. But I have to figure out who you are or the gift gets it. Heavens to murgatroyd! Ok, there's a clue: look to the beginning to find the end. Let's see here. Is anything about the card or gifts a hint to my santa's avatar or name? Do we have a Pocky in the SS this year? Alas, no.

What about the card itself? Perhaps the first letter of each sentence? Hmm, M-Y-N-A-M-E-I-S- omg
    My name is Slim Shady. Eminem is my Santa? It makes sense! Eminem would bust a cap in a gift if his santee didn't respect him enough to identify him correctly. And he totally seems like a pocky and Pokemon fan...Er wait, no...something's wrong here.

Ahh-hah! Santa Mighty! And a mighty wonderful Santa you are indeed! Thanks for the great package, I'm looking forward to whatever the final part may be.

Oh, what's this? Package inspector Rohan finally returned home from his grandparents' house?
    IMG_20111129_174400.jpg
    He did indeed. And he's cranky, and hungry, and tired, but he won't sleep, and omg I'm turning into the parent from that book aren't I? Egads.

IMG_20111129_174445.jpg
    Oshawott to the rescue! I think Rohan's supposed to be training him, but for right now it might be the other way around.

Thanks Mighty!!

No problem, Ketar!

I am glad to hear you enjoyed the Package! Now you should prepare your altar to the newell, for i feel a reward will spring forth.

Prepare my altar to the Newell? I'm pretty sure that's been in a permanent state of preparedness since mid-2008, and the scars and shame of my failure that day will haunt me forever.

Alas, my screen grabs of the Steam gift screens either totally failed or have disappeared somewhere beyond my ability to locate, but let it be said that Mighty is truly a wonderful Santa! I saw that I had a PM and found within another message and links to gift copies of Orcs Must Die, Dungeon Defenders, and Terraria! Soon I shall indeed be making orcs die, defending dungeons, and uh, whatever it is you do in a game that's only a 16mb download ;-)

3 great choices that I've been looking forward to playing at some point, thank you Mighty!

• Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Ketar wrote:
    Mighty wrote:
    Ketar wrote:
    GiftGet.gif

IMG_20111128_224700.jpg

IMG_20111128_224742.jpg

IMG_20111128_224923.jpg

IMG_20111128_224954.jpg

IMG_20111128_225116.jpg

IMG_20111128_225133.jpg

IMG_20111128_225156.jpg

Wrapped item #1:
    IMG_20111128_225610.jpg

Wrapped item #2:
    IMG_20111128_225547.jpg

Wrapped item #3:
    IMG_20111128_225650.jpg

The entire haul:
    IMG_20111128_225712.jpg

IMG_20111129_174400.jpg

IMG_20111129_174445.jpg

Thanks Mighty!!

No problem, Ketar!

Prepare my altar to the Newell? I'm pretty sure that's been in a permanent state of preparedness since mid-2008, and the scars and shame of my failure that day will haunt me forever.

Alas, my screen grabs of the Steam gift screens either totally failed or have disappeared somewhere beyond my ability to locate, but let it be said that Mighty is truly a wonderful Santa! I saw that I had a PM and found within another message and links to gift copies of:
    OrcsMustDie-Logo_jpg.jpg
    Orcs Must Die,
    Dungeon-Defenders-Logo.jpg
    Dungeon Defenders
    terraria-the-minecraftian-game-you-need-to-play.jpg
    , and Terraria!

Soon I shall indeed be making orcs die, defending dungeons, and uh, whatever it is you do in a game that's only a 16mb download ;-)

3 great choices that I've been looking forward to playing at some point, thank you Mighty!
    There ya go.. heh

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Santee, I just finished putting up the backsplash in my kitchen, so I now have more time to devote to gift-related activities.

Be prepared!

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Santee! The boxed portion of your gift is all taped up and will be sent out tomorrow! It's nothing huge, but I put a lot of holiday joy into making it all! You will know when you have received it.

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Nooooooooo!

I missed a parcel delivery while out in the gym. Now I have to wait to pick it up till tomorrow.

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Santee! I am waiting on one more part of your gift and then it is maybe time to attempt some art and send. Yay team!

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    strebaliciousstrebalicious Registered User regular
    GiftGet3.gif

GiftGet2.gif
    Package! Send in my favorite dachshund/golden retriever mix, Savannah, to investigate.

zKT9X.jpg

Guess that look means it's okay?

4d2T5.jpg

Good job stalking me, CQS.

THQYY.jpg

The goods! But more importantly, why is there a headless person watching TV in my house?

vVW8H.jpg

The box unleashed, along with my previous gift.

CoaMZ.jpg
    Thanks again, ConnoQuickSilver!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I wish amazon had a "use food as packing material" option. It'd be fun to see what they used

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    121fp5x.gif

I have been gifted the gift that keeps on giving all year long. A thorough ass kicking.
    2hd9kc2.jpg

I've been playing it ever since I got home this afternoon and it's awesome. I've been wanting to pick this up for a long time, so this is an awesome gift. Thanks PizzleStixx! It also came with the OST which is awesome, because like PizzleStixx I love video games and music, so I really love video game music. He also gifted me another awesome game through steam, The Secret of Monkey Island SE. Unfortunately, I literally got it a couple days before he gifted it to me, so if anyone here wants an awesome game, I'd be more than happy to gift it you on behalf of PizzleStixx.

Thanks again PizzleStixx! I'm going back for more souls now.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    DawasaurusDawasaurus In a forestRegistered User regular
    Yessss, it seems like the Gift-Gets are flowing in more steadily, now.
    That's how you know it's almost December. :D
    Only like three weeks and a few days until CHRISTMAAAAS.

• Options
    anoffday wrote:
    121fp5x.gif

I have been gifted the gift that keeps on giving all year long. A thorough ass kicking.
    2hd9kc2.jpg

I've been playing it ever since I got home this afternoon and it's awesome. I've been wanting to pick this up for a long time, so this is an awesome gift. Thanks PizzleStixx! It also came with the OST which is awesome, because like PizzleStixx I love video games and music, so I really love video game music. He also gifted me another awesome game through steam, The Secret of Monkey Island SE. Unfortunately, I literally got it a couple days before he gifted it to me, so if anyone here wants an awesome game, I'd be more than happy to gift it you on behalf of PizzleStixx.

That's awesome. Seriously, Demon's Souls was probably my favourite game last year, and by no small margin. It was far better than I was expecting it to be, and I look forward to finding some time to dig into Dark Souls. Enjoy that one, Dude. You got a really nice set of items, all told. ^_^

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Can't do the gifting if I don't get my invite accepted. :(

Also, @SwashbucklerXX: that Hedy's Folly book looks interesting.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    HilleanHillean Registered User regular
    2 of the 3 packages for my Santee got delivered today, I'm anxious to see the results!

greenguy1980.jpg
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote:

Err, if it's Steam, can't you just email them the codes?

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I set it up :D
    My new console is ready. Time to wander the land of Hyrule!*
    *Tomorrow. Its 1.30am and I can't find my damn nunchuk.

Pictures up soon I promise! I took some gratuitous shots of my setup downstairs for when I eventually get a PS3 too. In a few years time. Really wish there was a way I could use my PC, which is in the attic on the living room telly. :(

• Options
    PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular
    anoffday wrote:
    121fp5x.gif

2hd9kc2.jpg

Oh thank Jesus you didn't have that or play it yet :)

I'm glad to hear it dude, I want to hear about how much ass you kick and/or get kicked in a couple weeks.

Congrats and have a great holiday!

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Aioua wrote:
    cj iwakura wrote:

Uh, can I? I'd rather gift it the proper way.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote:
    Aioua wrote:
    cj iwakura wrote:

Uh, can I? I'd rather gift it the proper way.

Yeah, when you send a gift through Steam you can either do it to someone on your friends list or an email address.