Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

When Sysadmins Ruled the [Chat]

RaakamRaakam Registered User regular
edited June 2007 in Debate and/or Discourse
I'm going to see Die Hard tonight and it's going to be sweet.

Raakam on
sigpicf.jpg

• MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    guys how are you

HOW DO YOU FUCK UP BAGELS. YOU BOIL THE WATER. PUT IN THE NOODLES
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Feral wrote: »
    _J_ wrote: »
    I just purchased my Guster Ticket.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy.

Guster?
    So how was that String Cheese Incident concert? Did you wear your Phish tie-dyed t-shirt just to show how hip you are? I hope you didn't get too much dust on your birkenstocks.

Is no String Cheese. Is GUSTER!

Wydrion wrote: »
    ...Or you can sit around in the thread calling _J_ a cocksucker, you know, whatever's more constructive.
    3DS: 3668-7498-6513
    PaD Herder
  • FirstComradeStalinFirstComradeStalin Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Guster is pretty rock solid. And Phish just outright blows.

Picture1-4.png
  • yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I LIVE AGAIN!

edited June 2007
    Guster is pretty rock solid. And Phish just outright blows.

Guster IS pretty rock solid.

...Or you can sit around in the thread calling _J_ a cocksucker, you know, whatever's more constructive.
    PaD Herder
  • ALockslyALocksly Registered User
    edited June 2007
    Mornin' gents

I saw a nifty small venue performance last night of a shamisen accompanied by an Belgian accordian.

As for accordian I can take it or leave it but the shamisen was pretty cool.

Yes,... yes, I agree. It's totally unfair that sober you gets into trouble for things that drunk you did.
  • FeralFeral Who needs a medical license when you've got style? Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    It's all hippie music to me.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.
    the "no true scotch, man" fallacy.
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar QA Tester -> Game Producer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Corrections officer ads are morbidly humorous.

They sound exactly like all the other job ads.

But it is a job where you hit people with a stick.

freefallagentad_zps635a83ed.png
    edited June 2007

a shamisen is what you hear in the "do you want to play" wii ads

by the end of the night I wanted to hear him do the theme from Knight Rider.

Yes,... yes, I agree. It's totally unfair that sober you gets into trouble for things that drunk you did.
  • GooeyGooey Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Wow, I'm actually getting fired up about a D&D! It's been so long!

t Feral - sorry if I came off as snippy when you read my reply in that thread, I wasn't trying to be but I'm afraid I sound that way.

919UOwT.png
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar QA Tester -> Game Producer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
  • ElkiElki hegemon globalSuper Moderator, Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited June 2007
    He meant a D.

• GooeyGooey Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
  • ElkiElki hegemon globalSuper Moderator, Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited June 2007
    edited June 2007
    a debate and discussion

that works gramatically

• poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    ALocksly wrote: »
    Mornin' gents

I saw a nifty small venue performance last night of a shamisen accompanied by an Belgian accordian.

Where was that Mr Locks? I think you live near me and I always want to go see music but never know where. My friends all go see big concerts and Fujirock-type stuff, but I want me some oddness.

You ever heard the Yoshida Brothers? Shamisen-rock.

I figure I could take a bear.
  • Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS
    edited June 2007

:x

Spoiler:
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    In case anyone was curious, my eye will be fine. It's just sore, and I have a corneal abbrasion which should heal in a few days.

• yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    jeepguy wrote: »
    In case anyone was curious, my eye will be fine. It's just sore, and I have a corneal abbrasion which should heal in a few days.

Though I did not realize you had eye troubles, it is good to hear that they will simply clear up.

edited June 2007

I had a cut on my iris once. It required me to wear an eye patch for a few weeks while it healed.

I reveled in it.

Spoiler:
    edited June 2007
    yalborap wrote: »

Though I did not realize you had eye troubles, it is good to hear that they will simply clear up.

Yeah I posted about it here yesterday asking for advice and people thought I was dumb because I didn't want to drive to the ER (yes I am dumb, but also lucky).

edited June 2007

I had a cut on my iris once. It required me to wear an eye patch for a few weeks while it healed.

I reveled in it.

Yeah, the corpsman said eye-patching for minor eye injuries used to be standard but is now contraindicated (blinking helps it heal faster, and patching causes you to keep your eye closed).

edited June 2007
    poshniallo wrote: »
    Mornin' gents

Where was that Mr Locks? I think you live near me and I always want to go see music but never know where. My friends all go see big concerts and Fujirock-type stuff, but I want me some oddness.

It was in Utanobori. I can't remember the shamisen players name but I got the impression he was pretty famous, the place was sold out before we even got there.

• FeralFeral Who needs a medical license when you've got style? Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Gooey wrote: »
    Wow, I'm actually getting fired up about a D&D! It's been so long!

t Feral - sorry if I came off as snippy when you read my reply in that thread, I wasn't trying to be but I'm afraid I sound that way.

No, you didn't.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.
    the "no true scotch, man" fallacy.
  • poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Mornin' gents

It was in Utanobori. I can't remember the shamisen players name but I got the impression he was pretty famous, the place was sold out before we even got there.

Utanobori, Hokkaido? Ach that's nowhere near me - thought you lived in Shizuoka for some reason.

So that means you don't have real J-summers. I don't want you to take this the wrong way, but I hate you.

I figure I could take a bear.
    edited June 2007

I reveled in it.

Yeah, the corpsman said eye-patching for minor eye injuries used to be standard but is now contraindicated (blinking helps it heal faster, and patching causes you to keep your eye closed).

Huh, didn't know that. Guess my doc was behind the times.

Spoiler:
    edited June 2007

I reveled in it.

Shoulda had you wear a lens or something.

So you'd still be like a pirate.

But from the future.

Or a pirate who is also a raggedy hobo.

edited June 2007
    Mornin' gents

Utanobori, Hokkaido? Ach that's nowhere near me - thought you lived in Shizuoka for some reason.

So that means you don't have real J-summers. I don't want you to take this the wrong way, but I hate you.

Ha Ha

I don't live near anybody. The nearest train stop is over an hour away by car. Anytime a forumer heads to Japan for study or vacation they drop me a PM inquiring about a visit, and then I tell them where I live, a remote town in northern Hokkaido, and they're all, "oh, well then, perhaps not"

edit: for those not in the know Hokkaido misses out on the whole typhoon thing and the whole stifling heat with massive humidity as well.

edited June 2007
    Incenjucar wrote: »

I reveled in it.

Shoulda had you wear a lens or something.

So you'd still be like a pirate.

But from the future.

Or a pirate who is also a raggedy hobo.

I wanted an eyepatch pretty bad, but he was like "No, everyone wants one, and no."

He also told me not to wear my contacts for a while and I was like "Uhm, the LAST THING ON MY MIND is getting anything *ON* my eye right now"

*shudder*

edited June 2007
    Contacts are the devil anyways.

I hear they effectively age your eyes two years.

I do not make a stand for the veracity of this.

• EdcrabEdcrab Registered User
    edited June 2007
    Bleurgh. I'm still paranoid about my eyes. I even struggle to wear contacts, and actual injury to them would be... would be...

Bleurgh.

In other news, I borrowed season one of Venture Brothers off a friend.

I now intend to keep this DVD for the rest of my life and murder them if necessary.

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • EchoEcho very gravitas Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited June 2007
    When I was about ten I got some crap in my eye on a windy day. Had to go to a nurse to wash it out. It left some scratch, so I got my eye taped shut and an eyepatch for a week or so. Boy was I the coolest kid in school for that week.

Sucked to play tennis during PE though. :P

• stiliststilist Registered User
    edited June 2007
    ho hum

I poop things on my site and twitter
  • EchoEcho very gravitas Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited June 2007
    I like this sig.

random post go

edited June 2007
    stilist wrote: »
    ho hum

Indeed.

PaD Herder
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    ITT: Elendil reaches back into his childhood and purchases Batman DVDs

Per3th.jpg
    edited June 2007
    Elendil wrote: »
    ITT: Elendil reaches back into his childhood and purchases Batman DVDs
    Oh dear.

edited June 2007
    Oh, and are you getting a nice, cooling storm?

• Irond WillIrond Will Dragonmaster Cambridge. MASuper Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited June 2007
    Echo wrote: »
    I like this sig.

random post go
    I don't think I really understand it. Who's the silver and green guy? And isn't Captain America dead or something?

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Irond WillIrond Will Dragonmaster Cambridge. MASuper Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited June 2007
    stilist wrote: »
    Oh, and are you getting a nice, cooling storm?
    I would love one. It's fucking hot and oppressively humid in Boston and has been for a few days.

Wqdwp8l.png
This discussion has been closed.