As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2011 - Get with the gifting!

• Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Holy crap xkcd book! Awesome gifting all around so far.

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    GiftGet3.gif

So I dropped off my Secret Santa and Satan parcels to the post office, and instant karma delivered one to me! I have no animals, so I asked Doom to help me unbox it. He just stood there.

6440439443_3efd6b7ffa_b.jpg

Anyway, I ripped open the box and found a plethora of amazing books!

6440440569_228128bd2c_b.jpg

xkcd is one of my favorite webcomics! Having the printed version is awesome.

6440442135_7a1696cba7_b.jpg

FUCKIN' PBF! So sad that it's over, but what can you do?

6440443555_f2f709fc1c_b.jpg

SMBC is another one of my favorites. I feel like I've been stalked so very hard.

6440444677_c7e4616493_b.jpg

Doom is super jealous of my awesome haul, and rightfully so.

Thanks, Santa. Now reveal yourself!

I LOOOOVE that Perry Bible Fellowship book, it's a real winner for when guests are around and they're milling about the coffee table :)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    Well the IRC thing is getting out of hand. I agree with TK421 that it should really have just stayed in that channel.

So to assist in moving on, here's a picture of my wife and I doing our best Home Alone impression:
    rHYeT.jpg

Yes, we know our tree is very small :(

• Options
    DunxcoDunxco Should get a suit Never skips breakfastRegistered User regular
    Least you have a tree.

... :(

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We saved it from certain destruction, so it was free. An office was throwing away their old decorations and this one looked enough like a tree that we took it!

So go downtown after this season and see what you can find!

Icemopper on
  • Options
    DunxcoDunxco Should get a suit Never skips breakfastRegistered User regular
    Yeah we don't have the room this year - too much furniture needing to be moved around constantly for builder access. Ah well, next year I will take full responsibility for tree-related operations.

• Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    Family is going to go cut down a tree on sunday, I'm super stoked for doing it. One of my best friends is celebrating Christmas in Canada for the first time with his new wife who has never witnessed North American Christmas culture, traditions, and practices, so we're inviting them to join us in our family traditions.

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    We got our tree last week, and it's still sitting in my father-in-law's trailer because I haven't been able to clear the corner for it yet. :( Now my wife is working this weekend so it's going to be next week before we can even get it up. :(

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    XaviarXaviar Registered User regular
    Gift Get! It is pretty awesome, too.
    Work and stuff though, but should have pictures tomorrow or day after.

• Options
    Gift Sent!

Well... part 1. I wanted to send something else, but stinking international shipping is getting me down. I'm going to have to figure something else out.

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Christmas tree pictures!

This tree was $4.99 at Rite Aid the day after Christmas LAST year. So it's waited a whole year to be set up. Best way to spend $5 ever!

IMAG0382.jpg

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    HilleanHillean Registered User regular
    Icemopper wrote:
    We saved it from certain destruction, so it was free. An office was throwing away their old decorations and this one looked enough like a tree that we took it!

You, sir, are missing too many Harry Potter books...

greenguy1980.jpg
  • Options
    Hillean wrote:
    Icemopper wrote:

You, sir, are missing too many Harry Potter books...

The only one missing is the first, and that's because I'm going through it and the German version simultaneously, so it is at my bedside!

• Options
    SkyTurnsRedSkyTurnsRed Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    I'm worried my Santa may have already sent their gift and it got lost in the billions of packages we receive at my house (someone here works with a lot of materials sent to them.)

• Options
    MattieMattie Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    GiftGet.gif
    img1370aw.jpg
    Star Command to LEGO Buzz Lightyear! Your mission is to investigate a strange package in the Land of Eng
    img1371fa.jpg
    Luckily enough we have a LEGO forklift to help with the lifting
    img1373gj.jpg
    BONE! I've heard so many good things! Get out of the way, Buzz, this is mine
    img1376i.jpg
    Look at the size of this bad boy! I was reading until 3am last night, it is quality stuff. This combined with my Skyrim addiction means I'll be a Christmas hermit this year!

Thanks so much Marth! You are a legend

Mattie on
    3DS Code 0001-3323-2884
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Suplex86
  • Options
    HilleanHillean Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Ive always wondered about Bone the series, I should look into it!

Hillean on
    greenguy1980.jpg
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Pregnant wife put the tree up last weekend in a fit of energy...

yes that is Darth Vader in the middle.

dogtree.jpg

belligerent on
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Hillean wrote:

You see that sticker on the front about all the awards it has won?

There is a reason for this.

Yes. You should look into it.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    Hillean wrote:

i like it a lot when its lighter at the beginning, but i dont think it works nearly as well once it transitions to more serious fantasy fair in the second half. i havent read it in a long time though so i dunno. its worth checking out though, definitely.

also im sad i missed out on secret santaing this year. so sad.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Dammit @Rorus, you have Terraria already.
    You and your... face... with having things... or something.

• Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    hey its festive time, who wants a free copy of terraria on steam? PM me your steam name i guess?

edit: gone, enjoy it ConnoQS!

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    Dunxco wrote:
    Yeah we don't have the room this year - too much furniture needing to be moved around constantly for builder access. Ah well, next year I will take full responsibility for tree-related operations.

Don't lose hope! A few years ago, I was super-bummed because the spot where the tree usually goes was packed with remodeling materials plastic tubs containing just about everything from the bathroom while it was remodeled. At the last minute, we managed to find a place to squeeze everything to make room for the tree.

Worst case scenario, you can find one of those 9 inch fire optic trees that run on batteries and stick it on top of your presents. :P

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    ConnoQuicksilverConnoQuicksilver Current blackout status: Mass Effect 3, Batman: AC Athens. GreeceRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    GiftGet.gif

Sooo I got an email today at work, from an aforementioned esteemed gentleman. Long story short, both the identity of my Santa and my gift were instantly and painfully revealed...
    ac8lqq.jpg

My feelings were thus expressed...
    52mag0.jpg

Damn you cj iwakura!
    Damn you!
    WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
    Thanks a bunch man! I knew I could be a difficult Santee to shop for, living in a remote corner of Europe and all, so Steam is the perfect solution for isolated bastards like me.

Merry Christmas everybody! Here's a bonus song from me that has nothing to do with December's celebrations, but is guaranteed to MAKE YOU DANCE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tm-58dHc9Nw&feature=related
    EuroTechno HOOO! (mayyybe slightly NSFW at the end... no nudity or bad words, I promise!)

ConnoQuicksilver on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Apparently my gift was 2 parts. Doh!

Thank you so very much @Forar! I've finished PA Vol.3, and was in the middle of reading World War Z, but after receiving 2 more PA Volumes, I'll have to postpone that until I finish those up! Thanks friend :]

You're welcome! I'm glad you're enjoying them, and yeah, I was a bit annoyed that Amazon decided to ship them in two packages of 2 rather than as a single parcel, despite them all being in stock. Perhaps they shipped from seperate facilities?

Regardless, you made the hunt easy, and I'm glad to hear you're digging the books!

I've got all the PA books myself and they're a great read/bit of reminiscing over the years, and World War Z is one of my favourite novels, so I simply couldn't NOT send them to you!

Edit: @ConnoQuicksilver that song was the theme to my trip to Calgary over the summer. Awesome to find it in a post before mine!

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    DawasaurusDawasaurus In a forestRegistered User regular
    AaronKI wrote:
    Worst case scenario, you can find one of those 9 inch fire optic trees that run on batteries and stick it on top of your presents. :P

I love fiber optic trees! I have a small one that I used to keep in my bedroom all year round. During my teen years, I wasted many hours, spaced out, staring at that thing. So many colours. So pretty. So relaxing to watch.

• Options
    ConnoQuicksilverConnoQuicksilver Current blackout status: Mass Effect 3, Batman: AC Athens. GreeceRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Forar wrote:
    Edit: @ConnoQuicksilver that song was the theme to my trip to Calgary over the summer. Awesome to find it in a post before mine!

Ha! That song is in my "All-Time-Top-10-Favorites-Forever-No-Seriously-Man" list. And a great way to start your workout session!
    Be glad I didn't put NyanCat there...
    Dawasaurus wrote:
    I love fiber optic trees! I have a small one that I used to keep in my bedroom all year round. During my teen years, I wasted many hours, spaced out, staring at that thing. So many colours. So pretty. So relaxing to watch.

Man, I really need one of those for my new home...
    fiber-optic-christmas-tree.jpg

ConnoQuicksilver on
  • Options
    MarthMarth Registered User regular
    Mattie wrote:
    GiftGet.gif
    snip
    Star Command to LEGO Buzz Lightyear! Your mission is to investigate a strange package in the Land of Eng
    snip
    Luckily enough we have a LEGO forklift to help with the lifting
    snip
    BONE! I've heard so many good things! Get out of the way, Buzz, this is mine
    snip
    Look at the size of this bad boy! I was reading until 3am last night, it is quality stuff. This combined with my Skyrim addiction means I'll be a Christmas hermit this year!

Thanks so much Marth! You are a legend

I'm glad you like it! I bought it over the summer and it's great!

Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ah_Pook has graciously gifted me Terraria!

A_Tip_of_the_Hat_by_jollyjack.jpg

Top of the day to you, sirrah!

Let me pay this deed of generosity forward! I have a copy of SpaceChem, one of the best and most addictive puzzle games ever made, to give away! PM me now! HURRY!

edit: SOLD to TheRoadVirus! Congrats my dear sir! For maximum enjoyment of this fine brainteaser, we have Ritalin and Tylenol available for a small premium surcharge! Enjoy!

ConnoQuicksilver on
  • Options
    never-ending-reignnever-ending-reign Polish Catholic entering a world of painRegistered User regular
    Dear Santee,
    You are soon gonna get gifted...sooo hard.

• Options
    KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    is it me?! 8->

www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • Options
    devericdeveric MinneapolisRegistered User regular
    we threw away our tree last year since it was getting to that point...
    GiftGet.gif

Sooo I got an email today at work, from an aforementioned esteemed gentleman. Long story short, both the identity of my Santa and my gift were instantly and painfully revealed...
    ac8lqq.jpg

My feelings were thus expressed...
    52mag0.jpg

Damn you cj iwakura!
    Damn you!
    WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
    Thanks a bunch man! I knew I could be a difficult Santee to shop for, living in a remote corner of Europe and all, so Steam is the perfect solution for isolated bastards like me.

Merry Christmas everybody! Here's a bonus song from me that has nothing to do with December's celebrations, but is guaranteed to MAKE YOU DANCE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tm-58dHc9Nw&feature=related
    EuroTechno HOOO! (mayyybe slightly NSFW at the end... no nudity or bad words, I promise!)

just to be that guy...duck sauce is north american. AVH is from boston iirc, and a-trak is canadian, the two people in duck sauce. and yes I'm a music snob.

ps happy holiday

• Options
    deveric wrote:
    just to be that guy...duck sauce is north american. AVH is from boston iirc, and a-trak is canadian, the two people in duck sauce. and yes I'm a music snob.

ps happy holiday

Armand Van Helden is American?
    [Wikipedia]

Well damn, he is. Why did I always thought he was Dutch?

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    man all these trees all over the place with all of your fancy nerd ornament gloating!
    Chanukkah isn't for 20 more days but when I get my Chanukkiah going maybe I'll snap a picture of it for you guys for funsies (assuming I don't burn down the house)

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    I opened my mailbox this afternoon to find....
    A letter! Wait a minute, I didn't order a letter!

The envelope was stamped with a logo for IMA: the International Manliness Association. Here is what it says:
    Mr. XXXXXX:

Our records indicate that you have recently become married. Congratulations are naturally in order, but that is not our reason for writing. Marriage is a hard time in a man's life, now sharing everything and living with a woman. Sometimes, you can lose your sense of manliness. That's why you've been selected by the International Manliness Association to receive one of our new Masculinity Promotional Packages. Please look for it in the coming weeks; it will include an instructional pamphlet and the necessary materials.

Respectfully,

Maximilian "Max" Power
    Chairman, International Manliness Association.

I am very intrigued. I am certainly in need of some re-masculinating. Our new joint credit card is pink. I eagerly await to see what is involved in this promotional package! Necessary materials!

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    I put up our tree last week, haven't decorated yet. I came up with this last year to save space and with a baby this year and all the crap that goes along with him (Pack N Play, swing-seats, etc) cluttering up the living room, I resurrected the idea again this season.

I bring you....HALF-TREE

2010-11-29_13-35-35_527.jpg

And from the side!
    2010-11-29_13-35-53_280.jpg

Allforce on
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    allforce your first link has a malformed bbcode in there

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    HALF-TREE is awesome. I remember a few years back I saw a "Corner Tree" on sale at like Bed Bath and Beyond. Same idea, it was just flat on 3/4 sides, so it fit nicely in a corner. It seemed like a cool idea, but it was like $200 for a tree much smaller than HALF-TREE there.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    GiftGet3.gif

I figured out the problem with the last crossword code: I wrote down a number incorrectly!
    inFPf.jpg

Turkey on
  • Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    You could always cut the branches of a tree to fit your space! We're buying our tree this weekend, to make sure we get a lovely big one, but leaving it in a bucket of water n the garden til next weekend, cos lewieP is going away.

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    my parents have an aluminum tree from the grandparents place. used to be if you put it near the tv, the reception improved.

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty