As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Diplomacy: Spring map 1911 on page 17. Down to E/F/T for the win

• LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    stever777 wrote:
    Maybe have to. If we do, make the orders 48 hours. Longer and people forget about their empires.

totally. I've actually found that 24 hours with shorter builds and retreats is my money spot. Lets me get in lots of negotiating, and it's reasonable that i'll be in front of a computer at least once every 24 hours.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    I wouldn't mind a tighter deadline, but I don't really have a problem with how it is now either. Although it is of course a shame if Turkey is going to just be on auto-pilot for the rest of the game.

• SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    I'm for a tighter deadline-as it is right now I don't really think about setting my orders till day 5 or so. Also a reboot would be nice as having to wait for deadline each phase will drag this out

PSN SeGaTai
  • LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Yeah, we can't play a game without a Turkey.

"We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    I would also vote for keeping the same countries as we have now. Feel like I really haven't played AU, yet, and would still like to.

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    I don't know if we should give up this game and start another right now, but if we do I think I might like to have a chance at getting another country. If not I suppose I can live with Italy. At least they're not Austria or Germany, and will usually survive longer.

jakobagger wrote:
    I don't know if we should give up this game and start another right now, but if we do I think I might like to have a chance at getting another country. If not I suppose I can live with Italy. At least they're not Austria or Germany, and will usually survive longer.

Dude, I am playing Italy in another game right now, and it's crazy fun. Of course, I am flourishing, but it's rad.

Also, as I pointed out, the other game that I finished, Italy totally soloed his way to 18 centers, it was pretty neat to watch.

I don't really like playing England, I think they're boring. I would rather we shuffle powers, but I'm not married to the idea. If people feel strongly the other way, I'm cool with staying where we are. If we restart we could also set it up so that people could request powers, like give someone the option of 3 and let the computer sort out who gets what. That way you could potentially avoid playing something you don't want, and be able to play something you do want.

Well I like playing Italy right now! But half-assed surprise attacks probably won't work the second time with the same Austria. I guess I could just go for the replacement Turkey instead. Don't tell him/her I said that, though. Shh.

But in the end I don't really have very strong preferences for powers either, my entire Diplomacy career is still these 3 turns. Except I'm not too keen to play Austria (for the moment), it seems hard to defend.

So reboot or are we just going to continue and wait for the Turkey timer (see what I did there)

PSN SeGaTai
    Assuran is the one who made the game.

I vote for restart. We find someone to replace Tmoiy

Agreed.

• AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    I actually didn't set up the game over on that site (edit note: amusingly enough, it was Tmoiy who set up the game over there).

From a fair play perspective, I definately can see why we would need a restart. Otherwise, A/T/I have an inactive player we can just steal from.

I also vote for random countries again. No point playing the same setup, since country relationships were already formed.

Assuran on
    Okay, so I think that the thing we need to do is all surrender from the game, and then someone makes a new one.

I will do so if necessary.

AU has surrendered but does not concede defeat.
    We shall meet again on the field of (dis)honor.

edited December 2011
    Okay, I have created a new game

It is Critical Failures Redux (game 35023). We can all join as we find another player.

The password is what it always is
    wang

LoserForHireX on
    @texasheat, you seemed interested earlier.
    Do you want to pick up our 7th spot?

Russia surrenders, but only due to the onset of winter.

Also, joined the new game.

i put in 24 hour orders btw.

I think that everyone should be able to manage, and the game will go much much quicker.

"For the coolest people evar"

If this is the criteria, I have to bow out. :P

I may miss out on the December 6th order. I hope to be able to access a computer that day for this game and for the Phalla, but I'm having sinus surgery that day, so I'm not 100% sure.

BTW, I am playing IT in two other Diplomacy games so if I get IT in this game, I will kill you all.

stever777 wrote:
    BTW, I am playing IT in two other Diplomacy games so if I get IT in this game, I will kill you all.

Hah, you know that you've doomed yourself, don't you?

Though seriously, I'm also not going to be happy with Italy...for the same kind of reason.

I kind of want Austria, Turkey, or Russia.

Maybe Germany...

France has done the unforeseeable and surrendered

PSN SeGaTai
    The mighty Italian empire has also surrendered. Time for wine and maybe a nap.

• SoulgrindSoulgrind Registered User regular
    If you're still looking for a seventh, I'd be up for it. At http://www.playdiplomacy.com/ right?

yea pretty sure we are still looking, happy to play with ya-you can find the game # and password above

PSN SeGaTai
    Well, we have 6 & 38th was our 7th but he doesn't seem to be around. He hasn't even signed up for MrT's sweet new phalla.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Life is just a bit too crazy lately to commit to 24 hour move timing, so hopefully I can catch the next game. Had fun while it lasted though! :)

38thDoE on steam
    ๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€

38thDoe wrote:
    Life is just a bit too crazy lately to commit to 24 hour move timing, so hopefully I can catch the next game. Had fun while it lasted though! :)

It's cool dude, you take care of your life stuff.

So lets see if we can edit the thread title to get ourselves another player to round out our 7

updated.

• BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    I was going to try and join the game (if you still need another person), but I can't find it on the site.

edited December 2011
    It's off this site, if that's what you meant, at http://www.playdiplomacy.com

It is game title Critical Failures Redux (game 35023).

The password is what it always is for LFHX games
    wang

stever777 on

stever777 wrote:
    It's off this site, if that's what you meant, at http://www.playdiplomacy.com

It is game title Critical Failures Redux (game 35023).

The password is what it always is for LFHX games
    wang

Ok. Maybe I'm doing this wrong. I searched for both the game number and the name and it comes back with "No active games"

I see what you mean.
    Maybe @LoserForHireX has to invite you in?
    Not sure.

edited December 2011
    I don't think the game will show up under active before it has seven players. Have you tried under the 'join game' tab? For me it's under 'pending games', but I think that's only for people who already joined.

PS: "LFHX" ?

jakobagger on
    It should be able to be found under Join Game but it's not there.
    How else could people join games that didn't have 7 yet?
    Weird.

Well, it would make sense that it doesn't show up for us since we've already joined. So it's under pending games, for us. It is weird though if BobCesca can't find it. Especially since it seemed to work alright for Soulgrind.

Ok. I have now found it. Thanks @jakobagger

edited December 2011
    Splendid! Now everyone just needs to confirm.

jakobagger on
    Did we decide how we were doing countries?

PSN SeGaTai