As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

When Sysadmins Ruled the [Chat]

• GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    thread.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited June 2007
    I said D.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • ALockslyALocksly Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    a debate and discussion

that works gramatically

ALocksly on
    Yes,... yes, I agree. It's totally unfair that sober you gets into trouble for things that drunk you did.
  • poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    ALocksly wrote: »
    Mornin' gents

I saw a nifty small venue performance last night of a shamisen accompanied by an Belgian accordian.

As for accordian I can take it or leave it but the shamisen was pretty cool.

Where was that Mr Locks? I think you live near me and I always want to go see music but never know where. My friends all go see big concerts and Fujirock-type stuff, but I want me some oddness.

You ever heard the Yoshida Brothers? Shamisen-rock.

poshniallo on
    I figure I could take a bear.
  • Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2007
    Feral wrote: »
    It's all hippie music to me.

:x

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    In case anyone was curious, my eye will be fine. It's just sore, and I have a corneal abbrasion which should heal in a few days.

Regina Fong on
  • yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    jeepguy wrote: »
    In case anyone was curious, my eye will be fine. It's just sore, and I have a corneal abbrasion which should heal in a few days.

Though I did not realize you had eye troubles, it is good to hear that they will simply clear up.

yalborap on
    edited June 2007

I had a cut on my iris once. It required me to wear an eye patch for a few weeks while it healed.

I reveled in it.

Wonder_Hippie on
    edited June 2007
    yalborap wrote: »

Though I did not realize you had eye troubles, it is good to hear that they will simply clear up.

Yeah I posted about it here yesterday asking for advice and people thought I was dumb because I didn't want to drive to the ER (yes I am dumb, but also lucky).

Regina Fong on
    edited June 2007

I had a cut on my iris once. It required me to wear an eye patch for a few weeks while it healed.

I reveled in it.

Yeah, the corpsman said eye-patching for minor eye injuries used to be standard but is now contraindicated (blinking helps it heal faster, and patching causes you to keep your eye closed).

Regina Fong on
    edited June 2007
    poshniallo wrote: »
    Mornin' gents

I saw a nifty small venue performance last night of a shamisen accompanied by an Belgian accordian.

Where was that Mr Locks? I think you live near me and I always want to go see music but never know where. My friends all go see big concerts and Fujirock-type stuff, but I want me some oddness.

It was in Utanobori. I can't remember the shamisen players name but I got the impression he was pretty famous, the place was sold out before we even got there.

ALocksly on
    Yes,... yes, I agree. It's totally unfair that sober you gets into trouble for things that drunk you did.
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Gooey wrote: »
    Wow, I'm actually getting fired up about a D&D! It's been so long!

t Feral - sorry if I came off as snippy when you read my reply in that thread, I wasn't trying to be but I'm afraid I sound that way.

No, you didn't.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Mornin' gents

It was in Utanobori. I can't remember the shamisen players name but I got the impression he was pretty famous, the place was sold out before we even got there.

Utanobori, Hokkaido? Ach that's nowhere near me - thought you lived in Shizuoka for some reason.

So that means you don't have real J-summers. I don't want you to take this the wrong way, but I hate you.

poshniallo on
    I figure I could take a bear.
    edited June 2007

I reveled in it.

Yeah, the corpsman said eye-patching for minor eye injuries used to be standard but is now contraindicated (blinking helps it heal faster, and patching causes you to keep your eye closed).

Huh, didn't know that. Guess my doc was behind the times.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2007

I reveled in it.

Shoulda had you wear a lens or something.

So you'd still be like a pirate.

But from the future.

Or a pirate who is also a raggedy hobo.

Incenjucar on
    edited June 2007
    Mornin' gents

Utanobori, Hokkaido? Ach that's nowhere near me - thought you lived in Shizuoka for some reason.

So that means you don't have real J-summers. I don't want you to take this the wrong way, but I hate you.

Ha Ha

I don't live near anybody. The nearest train stop is over an hour away by car. Anytime a forumer heads to Japan for study or vacation they drop me a PM inquiring about a visit, and then I tell them where I live, a remote town in northern Hokkaido, and they're all, "oh, well then, perhaps not"

edit: for those not in the know Hokkaido misses out on the whole typhoon thing and the whole stifling heat with massive humidity as well.

ALocksly on
    edited June 2007
    Incenjucar wrote: »

I reveled in it.

Shoulda had you wear a lens or something.

So you'd still be like a pirate.

But from the future.

Or a pirate who is also a raggedy hobo.

I wanted an eyepatch pretty bad, but he was like "No, everyone wants one, and no."

He also told me not to wear my contacts for a while and I was like "Uhm, the LAST THING ON MY MIND is getting anything *ON* my eye right now"

*shudder*

Regina Fong on
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Contacts are the devil anyways.

I hear they effectively age your eyes two years.

I do not make a stand for the veracity of this.

Incenjucar on
  • EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Bleurgh. I'm still paranoid about my eyes. I even struggle to wear contacts, and actual injury to them would be... would be...

Bleurgh.

In other news, I borrowed season one of Venture Brothers off a friend.

I now intend to keep this DVD for the rest of my life and murder them if necessary.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited June 2007
    When I was about ten I got some crap in my eye on a windy day. Had to go to a nurse to wash it out. It left some scratch, so I got my eye taped shut and an eyepatch for a week or so. Boy was I the coolest kid in school for that week.

Sucked to play tennis during PE though. :P

Echo on
  • stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    ho hum

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
    edited June 2007
    I like this sig.

random post go

Echo on
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2007
    stilist wrote: »
    ho hum

Indeed.

_J_ on
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    ITT: Elendil reaches back into his childhood and purchases Batman DVDs

Elendil on
    edited June 2007
    Elendil wrote: »
    ITT: Elendil reaches back into his childhood and purchases Batman DVDs
    Oh dear.

stilist on
    edited June 2007
    Oh, and are you getting a nice, cooling storm?

stilist on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited June 2007
    Echo wrote: »
    I like this sig.

random post go
    I don't think I really understand it. Who's the silver and green guy? And isn't Captain America dead or something?

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited June 2007
    I would love one. It's fucking hot and oppressively humid in Boston and has been for a few days.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    The weather has been so hot lately, good thing it kinda cools off at night, but it's supposed to get cooler later this week.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I don't think so.

Not yet, at least.

Elendil on
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Irond Will wrote: »
    I would love one. It's fucking hot and oppressively humid in Boston and has been for a few days.
    As opposed to just being oppressive in Boston?

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
    edited June 2007
    We are the city of freedom and progressivism and all things good.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited June 2007
    Elendil wrote: »
    I don't think so.

Not yet, at least.
    Huh. It flirted with us twice this afternoon, but it waited till dark to go the whole way.

stilist on
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Tell that to guerrilla marketers.

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
    edited June 2007
    Tell that to guerrilla marketers.
    You mean mooninite terrorists?

But yeah Menino overreacted and the particular end result of the CYA reflex in the city government left us looking pretty stupid.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited June 2007

Seriously, Boston has a great gay population.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    God, what is up with my fucking jaw?

It clicked and now the joint is way sore. And sometimes it clicks and gets sore all over again if I try and do anything crazy, like talk or eat.

Apothe0sis on
    edited June 2007
    You might have TMJ. An ex-girlfriend had it and it sounded pretty painful.

But then she became like a crazy Christian, so maybe Jesus took care of it for her.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited June 2007
    I don't think I really understand it. Who's the silver and green guy? And isn't Captain America dead or something?

That's Captain Marvel. It's from some part of the Ultimate Galactus series that Warren Ellis wrote. Good stuff.

Echo on
  • LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I love that Jeeps is back.

LaOs on
This discussion has been closed.