As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2011 - Get with the gifting!

• Options
    Lord YodLord Yod Registered User regular
    Dear Santa: I'm pretty sure this box is from you? I'm not going to open it yet until I get my Santee's gift sent yet. But I did get a box and I'm pretty sure it isn't something I've ordered so that must mean it's yours right?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Schide wrote:
    I'd much rather play Blue Dragon, personally, even if it would take a lot longer.

But at least it neither of those was xbox Bomberman.

Crazy talk. At least the blue dragon part.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Dear Santee: check your gmail account. Part 2 will be sent out once I get off my butt and mail it. I always feel a little bad that I get the SS stuff finished before any of my real-life friends and family. :)

Bursar on
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Here's my cockmas tree, as promised. We haven't decorated it yet, save for the topper.
    Kinda NSFW so add your own http: i.imgur.com/jM76U.jpg

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Bursar wrote:
    Dear Santee: check your gmail account. Part 2 will be sent out once I get off my butt and mail it. I always feel a little bad that I get the SS stuff finished before any of my real-life friends and family. :)

Is that you gamestop powerup rewards?

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    well can't say I've ever heard anyone say they'd rather play Blue Dragon than Max Payne 2 before
    that is just crazy talk

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Hardtarget wrote:
    well can't say I've ever heard anyone say they'd rather play Blue Dragon than Max Payne 2 before
    that is just crazy talk

I thought Blue Dragon was fantastic!

• Options
    DigitalSynDigitalSyn Dr Digital Cumming, GARegistered User regular
    Bursar wrote:

WOOHOO

121fp5x.gif
    Nice! Steam GIFT GET
    dDJ6d.png

Thank you Santa! I just got done watching the first two Jurassic Parks this evening!

Xbox360: D1G1T4LSYN ( Yes, those are numbers. )
    PSNID: DigitalX86
    Nintendo ID: digitalsyn
    3DS Friend Code: 5300 - 9726 - 6963
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/D1G1T4LSYN/
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    wow... your santa is stalking you REALLY well. Also realistic Homer frightens me very much so.

• Options
    DigitalSynDigitalSyn Dr Digital Cumming, GARegistered User regular
    wow... your santa is stalking you REALLY well. Also realistic Homer frightens me very much so.

I thought I heard someone creeping around outside earlier...

Xbox360: D1G1T4LSYN ( Yes, those are numbers. )
    PSNID: DigitalX86
    Nintendo ID: digitalsyn
    3DS Friend Code: 5300 - 9726 - 6963
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/D1G1T4LSYN/
  • Options
    mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    Oh no! I just got gift-gotted again!

This time Imperfect gifted me Dungeon Defenders on Steam. I don't know what that is, at all! Mystery! Intrigue! Will the gifting ever cease?

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Gift ordered Santee!

Ordering things online to be shipped to anywhere but your home address is scary. I must have checked my details five times before I was willing to hit submit.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    DigitalSyn wrote:
    Bursar wrote:

WOOHOO

121fp5x.gif
    Nice! Steam GIFT GET
    dDJ6d.png

Thank you Santa! I just got done watching the first two Jurassic Parks this evening!

Aw, heck. I thought it would stay anonymous if I sent it through email. Hope you like it!

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    DunxcoDunxco Should get a suit Never skips breakfastRegistered User regular
    Geez that Homer Simpson avatar. Brr.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    It's like a warning.

Have Fun or Else

I'm watching

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    I've been meaning to post this all weekend, but a beer release made me pretty much useless all weekend.

121fp5x.gif

So, I got like 8 packages on Thursday and didn't know to expect my gift so my two pictures are only of the gifts.
    DigitalSyn got me two awesome cookbooks and I'm super excited!
    secret_santa_2011.jpg
    There's a picture of the two books with our new awesome Christmas Tree.

Here's an upclose picture of the two books.
    secret_santa_2_2011.jpg

So very excited. I already read through the sandwich book and am planning on making something from the sandwich book.

Thanks so much DigitalSyn!

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I want that sandwich.

• Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    So I think I figured out the perfect thing... has anyone used http://gadgetcheap.com/ before?

Any ideas on reliability and whatnot?

• Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    Need to get a replacement for one of the items I ordered from Amazon because it showed up damaged but it'll be here in time to be sent next week.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Icemopper wrote:
    So I think I figured out the perfect thing... has anyone used http://gadgetcheap.com/ before?

From what I'm seeing, it has an unsettlingly low amount of info available about it.
    No security info (positive or negative), no reviews about it that I can see.
    Be careful if you do use it.

• Options
    Icemopper wrote:

From what I'm seeing, it has an unsettlingly low amount of info available about it.
    No security info (positive or negative), no reviews about it that I can see.
    Be careful if you do use it.

That's what I'm worried about. The site is somewhat low-grade, and the item I'm looking at doesn't have an image. And this is the only place I've found this item available. I'm not sure what to do.

• Options
    MinionOfCthulhuMinionOfCthulhu Registered User regular
    Why has Proxy the Elf fallen silent? :(

mgssig.jpg1152dt.gif
  • Options

Too busy getting all the proxy messages sent, probably. :P

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    elevatureelevature Registered User regular
    pics

I don't know where you live but that is a gorgeous view. I'd just live outside on that deck all the time.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote:

Too busy getting all the proxy messages sent, probably. :P

I just got a message from him yesterday, so he's plenty busy.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Proxy is doing fine. I've had traffic from both Santa and Santee in the last few days! I'd imagine the silence is on the part of your proxy message recipient. Proxy can't send you a message if there isn't one to send.

God bless Proxy's little heart. He does a fantastic job.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Aaahhhh gift get! But I don't have a good camera or a pet-thing with which to take a picture so I'll save the true gift get post for later tonight.

But for now, I love you Santa!!

• Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Hey Santee. While I couldn't get package tracking on International shipments, I think you should be getting your second gift in the mail this week. :D (this one is hand packed, rather than from Amazon)

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
  • Options
    El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
    My Santa was kind enough to provide me with tracking number for my presents! Checking today the item says out for delivery!

I can't wait to get home from work and see the giftage!

BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
  • Options
    Proxy is doing fine. I've had traffic from both Santa and Santee in the last few days! I'd imagine the silence is on the part of your proxy message recipient. Proxy can't send you a message if there isn't one to send.

God bless Proxy's little heart. He does a fantastic job.

???
    the-silence-007.jpg

I would NOT want to have these guys as my santa/santee..

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well... I ordered part 1 for my santee from amazon and the delivery estimate is between today and Dec 24th. So it might become part 2.

But I think they're going to need part 1 to open part 2. I'm not sure, I guess we'll find out!

EDIT: Holy Christmas Spirit Batman! I literally hit the post button when I got an E-Mail saying it will be delivered on the 9th or so. Look out Santee!

Icemopper on
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Icemopper wrote:
    the delivery estimate is between today and Dec 24th

Having ordered my santee's gift, the wait now for delivery and the "up to 15 days" estimate are killer.

edit: I've checked the status twice today already. I'm so impatient.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    I am thinking of sending in two parcels. I am waiting on something in the mail, but if there is something up with the shipment, I don't want my Santee to worry.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    AgapiosAgapios Registered User regular
    This santee is worrying because of everyone saying not to worry. Also I finally told my secretary I was waiting for a Christmas package from a stranger on the internet. She replied with, "Do I need to start wearing gloves to defend against anthrax?"

So for my secretaries safety- guys please no anthrax =D

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
    Arg! My gift was delivered while nobody was home and the note they left said it will be available for pick up tomorrow!

I know the postal service probably has a legitimate reason for holding it over for a day but it's near torture when you are eagerly anticipating a package.

BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
  • Options
    Agapios wrote:
    This santee is worrying because of everyone saying not to worry. Also I finally told my secretary I was waiting for a Christmas package from a stranger on the internet. She replied with, "Do I need to start wearing gloves to defend against anthrax?"

Great, do you know how much it's going to cost to ship all this anthrax back to the vendor?

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    ArcSyn wrote:
    Agapios wrote:

Great, do you know how much it's going to cost to ship all this anthrax back to the vendor?

Not a lot I hope!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Well... gift part 2 has been ordered. It takes 2-6 days to get here, then about 2 days to make sure it works (since I don't have the proper equipment) then I will ship it back out. It looks like it might get there riiiiiiiiight before Christmas, if everything crossing the border goes ok.

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Agapios wrote:
    ArcSyn wrote:
    Agapios wrote:

Not a lot I hope!

I'd just like to say "Hi" to all those hard working FBI agents who are now monitoring this thread.

Merry Christmas!

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    Figgy wrote:
    Agapios wrote:
    ArcSyn wrote:
    Agapios wrote:

Not a lot I hope!

I'd just like to say "Hi" to all those hard working FBI agents who are now monitoring this thread.

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas!

Bomb, Anthrax, rebels, Obama, guns, terrorists, hostile takeover, walmart, occupy wallstreet, protesters, violence, China

(Just in case they did not get the Memo ahead of time).

steam_sig.png