As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Pathfinder Online] It's a Pathfinder MMO

SquiddyBiscuitSquiddyBiscuit Registered User regular
edited December 2011 in MMO Extravaganza
pfo-logo_big.png
https://goblinworks.com/

Bolding the interesting bits from the PR stuff:
An exciting new era in gaming begins with Pathfinder Online, a next-generation Massively Multiplayer Online fantasy roleplaying game currently in development from Goblinworks in partnership with Paizo Publishing!

Pathfinder Online is a hybrid sandbox/theme park-style MMO where characters explore, develop, find adventure and dominate a wilderness frontier in a land of sword and sorcery. The Pathfinder world is high fantasy in the tradition of epics like The Lord of the Rings, Conan, the Wheel of Time and Game of Thrones.

The Pathfinder setting includes many different classic and modern fantasy elements, from lost cities shrouded in misty jungles to decaying pyramids amidst deserts of burning sands to a fantastic island metropolis where folk from across the world live side by side with all manner of fantastic creatures. The Pathfinder world has a place for any story a player wants to tell. (For more information on the world of Pathfinder and the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, please visit paizo.com/pathfinder.)

Pathfinder Online's robust trading system puts players in control of the world's economy with player-created items, consumables, fortifications, and settlements. Character-controlled settlements can grow into full-fledged kingdoms that compete for resources as they seek to become the dominant force in the land, raising vast armies to hold their territory against the depredations of monstrous creatures, NPC factions, and other player characters.

Social organizations scale from small parties of a few adventurers to player nations inhabited by thousands. As settlements develop, the surrounding wilderness develops more complex and challenging features, including randomly generated encounters and resources as well as exciting scripted adventures.

Sounds very intriguing, and there's some more details to be found in their FAQ:
What races will I be able to play?

The initially available race options will mirror the core races of the tabletop Pathfinder RPG: dwarves, elves, gnomes, half-elves, half-orcs, halflings, and humans.

What classes will I be able to play?

Pathfinder Online's innovative archetype system includes specific paths of development that reflect the classes in the tabletop game, so if you want to play a character that mirrors a classic tabletop class, you'll be able to do it. However, Pathfinder Online is driven by more diverse player activity than the classic adventurer-focused tabletop experience; Pathfinder Online players will be able to act as merchants, farmers, miners, teamsters, caravan guards, spies, and explorers, and in any other role the players choose to create. Characters will have a wide variety of skills to develop, allowing them to be highly customized to the player's preference.

Will I be able to play to 20th level?

Characters in Pathfinder Online don't have levels in the classic sense. They develop skills over time, and as their skills develop, and as they meet various prerequisites, they unlock new abilities similar to class features or feats from the tabletop game. Characters following an archetype path will be able to unlock a capstone ability much like the 20th-level capstone abilities in the Pathfinder RPG.

Will there be a cost to play Pathfinder Online?

We are planning a hybrid subscription/free-to-play model. Players will have the option to pay a flat monthly fee for complete access to all standard game features, or to play for free with certain restrictions, using microtransactions to access desired features and content on an a la carte basis. Pricing details have not yet been finalized.

Will there be premium content?

Yes. Several types of premium content can be purchased using microtransactions. This content includes "bling"—visual enhancements to the character or the character's property that have no mechanical effect; a wide variety of mounts that let you customize your ride and show your personal sense of style; and adventure content packaged like classic adventure modules that you and your friends will be able to play through as a group.

Will PvP (player-vs.-player aggression) be allowed?

Characters will be able to attack rival characters in most parts of the game world. In many circumstances, though, unprovoked aggression may carry severe in-game penalties.

I've deciphered the following out of all the information out atm:

Pathfinder setting (Golarion)
Player driven economy and world - some focus on PVP
Core races
EVE-style time based "leveling"?
F2P/Premium very similar to DDO

I personally am looking forward to another (businesses wise at least) DDO-ish D&D MMO, but it's a shame they have gone out with this news so early - I doubt we'll see a beta for years.
Darkewolfe wrote:
Stuff not in the OP:

Goblinworks currently consists of Ryan Dancey (former, fired CMO of CCP), Paizo Publishing CEO Lisa Stevens, and Mark Kalmes, previously a programmer for Microsoft, Cryptic Studios and CCP.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/38710/Former_CCP_Staffers_Found_Pathfinder_Online_Studio.php

So, as of last month, this is a team of three folks from CCP and a publishing company. The main guy is Dancey, who was fired from his last job marketing for CCP. This would be really cool, but I'm going to guess that it's much, much more likely to end up as vaporware. At the very least, the game is so incredibly far from existing that nothing they say will be in it should be taken as truth. They've come up with the game ideas, but not really started creating yet.

steam_sig.png
SquiddyBiscuit on

• MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    Can I take the Test of Starstone?

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • SquiddyBiscuitSquiddyBiscuit Registered User regular
    It's very apt that the current PA comic revolves around Pathfinder as well.

steam_sig.png
  • DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    thanks.

I do hope they stop redirecting everything to https especially because their security certificate has errors...

Draygo on
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Stuff not in the OP:

Goblinworks currently consists of Ryan Dancey (former, fired CMO of CCP), Paizo Publishing CEO Lisa Stevens, and Mark Kalmes, previously a programmer for Microsoft, Cryptic Studios and CCP.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/38710/Former_CCP_Staffers_Found_Pathfinder_Online_Studio.php

So, as of last month, this is a team of three folks from CCP and a publishing company. The main guy is Dancey, who was fired from his last job marketing for CCP. This would be really cool, but I'm going to guess that it's much, much more likely to end up as vaporware. At the very least, the game is so incredibly far from existing that nothing they say will be in it should be taken as truth. They've come up with the game ideas, but not really started creating yet.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    MagicPrime wrote:

there isn't even a canon way to do this in the pnp yet!

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    MagicPrime wrote:

Depends. How hammered can you get beforehand?

Best. Deity. Ever.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • kraz007kraz007 Registered User regular
    I'm a big fan of the artwork (artists such as Kerem Beyit and many others) but I'm not sure the pen-and-paper concepts will translate into a good MMO.

The MMO genre seems a poor genre when it comes to creativity and innovation. New MMOs immediately get slapped with the label WoW-clone and if they don't get the label, it's usually because they're abysmal.

SWTOR is supposed to be a WoW-clone witha Star Wars skin and it will probably do well. Pathfinder... not so certain.

Riftforge: a free online RPG with fantasy tactics!

468.png

Blogs: Endless Space - galaxy seeds | Diablo 3 duels
    PMAvers wrote:
    MagicPrime wrote:

Best. Deity. Ever.

I love how in the Deity book they say the other gods that Cayden Cailean usually hangs out with are the hot chick gods.

Draygo wrote:
    please use
    http://goblinworks.com/images/pfo-logo_big.png

pfo-logo_big.png
    instead of
    https://goblinworks.com/images/pfo-logo_big.png

For your image link, tia.
    Got it!
    Darkewolfe wrote:
    Stuff not in the OP:

Adding your post to the OP.

steam_sig.png
  • ChaosRedChaosRed Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Pathfinder Online players will be able to act as merchants, farmers, miners, teamsters, caravan guards, spies, and explorers, and in any other role the players choose to create. Characters will have a wide variety of skills to develop, allowing them to be highly customized to the player's preference.

This is just a fascinating snippet from the original text. It seems to hint that the game will be very RP friendly. If it is, I'll be on board 100%.

I am of the camp that Pathfinder "developed" a much better system than 4e. I also think the rule books are written better and provide more value for your money. So I'll be watching this project with interest and I'm glad to see Paizo getting rewarded for their hard work.

ChaosRed on
    dbf1147f15514b46.png
    MagicPrime wrote:
    PMAvers wrote:
    MagicPrime wrote:

Best. Deity. Ever.

I love how in the Deity book they say the other gods that Cayden Cailean usually hangs out with are the hot chick gods.

also the dwarven pantheon

even the lawful good ones

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    It doesn't look like it was mentioned in the OP, but it sounds like it's being built off the ideas from the Kingmaker AP, which was probably the closest thing we've seen lately to a sandbox adventure. The adventure started out with the party being hired out to scout out wilderness for a nation to expand into, and eventually they're able to build this town up to a city and be put in charge of a nation.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    edited December 2011
    [quote="PMAvers"]It doesn't look like it was mentioned in the OP, but it sounds like it's being built off the ideas from the Kingmaker AP, which was probably the closest thing we've seen lately to a sandbox adventure. The adventure started out with the party being hired out to scout out wilderness for a nation to expand into, and eventually they're able to build this town up to a city and be put in charge of a nation. [/quote]

King Maker is a beautiful adventure path. I have the whole set, and I am planning on running them for my group eventually. The beautiful thing is - with it being such a sandbox - I can add things on the map at a whim.
    ChaosRed wrote:
    Pathfinder Online players will be able to act as merchants, farmers, miners, teamsters, caravan guards, spies, and explorers, and in any other role the players choose to create. Characters will have a wide variety of skills to develop, allowing them to be highly customized to the player's preference.

This is just a fascinating snippet from the original text. It seems to hint that the game will be very RP friendly. If it is, I'll be on board 100%.

I am of the camp that Pathfinder "developed" a much better system than 4e. I also think the rule books are written better and provide more value for your money. So I'll be watching this project with interest and I'm glad to see Paizo getting rewarded for their hard work.

The campaign setting would do well with this kind of style. If all the players are sub-groups in the Pathfinder Society then a lot of the 'whys?' are taken care of. Why would my group want to delve in this mysterious dungeon we found? Because we're fucking Pathfinders.

MagicPrime on
    New info out on their dev blog:

https://goblinworks.com/blog/

Quoting the most interesting bits:
    Big Things Come in Small Packages

At launch, and for the first seven months following, we will cap new paying players at 4,500 per month. Four thousand five hundred new paying players monthly. We expect to keep only about 25% of those players on a long-term basis, so after we factor in attrition of each month's signups, we end up with 16,500 paying players at the end of that seven-month period.

Making a game that starts with 4,500 players and grows to 16,500 players is much, much easier and vastly less expensive than making a game designed to accommodate a million players on day one. We'll be able to focus on a relatively small part of the world at first, expanding it only as we need to.

After the first seven months, we'll raise the limit on new paying players to 12,000 per month. That will remain our goal for the next couple years of Pathfinder Online's life cycle. Factoring in attrition, by the end of the game's third year of operation, we expect to have about 120,000 paying players. For many MMOs, that number would be considered a failure, but because of our lean development strategy, achieving that number of paying customers will mean success for Pathfinder Online.

How to Get In Early

A question some of you are likely asking is "how do I get to be one of the first 4,500 people in at launch?" We're going to have several ways to get into the queue to play Pathfinder Online, and many of them will be based on being an active and contributing member of the global Pathfinder community. Over the next several months, we'll be telling you how you can help us make the game successful and earn yourself a place near the front of the line. (And if you haven't already done so, please sign up for our newsletter using the form on the front page!)

We're also going to be actively reaching out to organized guilds and inviting them in as groups to pre-seed our sandbox with organizations that will help create the political, economic, military and territorial structure that Pathfinder Online will need to be successful. And of course, there will be ways for folks who want to get in without a lot of hassle to do so as well.

(We know people are apprehensive about the "first mover advantage," where the earliest adopters are able to hold all the power, and we want to assure everyone that we're going to avoid that problem. The world of Pathfinder Online is not going to be dominated by the characters and groups who are the first to explore the world. Players who enter the game later will have similar opportunities to carve their kingdoms out of the wilderness.)

Pathfinder Online: Coming Soon!

And when we say "coming soon," we mean "real soon."

We're leveraging middleware to reduce cost, development time and risk. We're making a sandbox-focused game with a launch target of 4,500 players on a slow but steady growth plan. We have access to Paizo's huge library of Pathfinder content—which gives us all the lore, factions, history, monsters, plots, and NPCs that we'll need. Because of these factors, I was able to rise to Lisa's challenge to create an efficient business plan that meets all of our goals. And one of the best parts of it is that it means our development plan is much shorter than traditional theme park MMOs require. Once we've begun full production, we'll be sharing milestones with the community so you'll be able to track our progress from start to release. We think you'll be delighted at the speed of the development process.

Spread the news: there's a whole new way to make MMOs affordably and in a reasonable timeframe.

steam_sig.png
    Can't say I'm really supportive of that Idea. Might shoot themselves in the foot.

Gamers are a fickle beast, and any resistance you put between them and the game will not be met with thanks.

• CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    I dunno what to expect out of this. I really want this to go places, as it sounds interesting. However, I tend to think of Pazio as having lots of neat ideas, but then tend to butcher things on the rules side. Kingmaker was actually a great example of this. The idea of Kingmaker was great! The kingdom rules... Those were pretty horrible.

• ValiantheartValiantheart Registered User regular
    No levels? Well this isnt DnD. Guess I have to wait until somebody decides to make a real 4E game.

PSN: Valiant_heart PC: Valiantheart99
  • Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    No levels? Well this isnt DnD. Guess I have to wait until somebody decides to make a real 4E game.

Pathfinder has never made illusions to be 4E...It was made in response to 4E, in an attempt to keep 3rd alive.

• VicVic Registered User regular
    edited December 2011

Pathfinder has never made illusions to be 4E...It was made in response to 4E, in an attempt to keep 3rd alive.

Well, yes, but the very reason they felt they needed to keep 3rd edition alive was that they believed the changes made to the core mechanics in 4E ruined the game. Seems a bit odd that they would throw many of those mechanics away when making a MMORPG, especially since this essentially makes this less true to the pathfinder pen and paper than D&D online was.

Vic on
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Vic wrote:

Well, yes, but the very reason they felt they needed to keep 3rd edition alive was that they believed the changes made to the core mechanics licensing agreement in 4E ruined the game their business model. Seems a bit odd that they would throw many of those mechanics away when making a MMORPG, especially since this essentially makes this less true to the pathfinder pen and paper than D&D online was.

Fixed that for you.

• VicVic Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Edit:

What I meant to say was that I was under the impression that the people who play Pathfinder are generally people who think 4E changed too much about the core mechanics of 3E D&D.

Thus it seems an odd design choice to fundamentally change some of the most important core mechanics of Pathfinder, because it might alienate the very user base that turned on 4E for doing just that.

Then again they might not see Pathfinder players as their target customers, or I may be entirely wrong about why people turned to Pathfinder.

Vic on
    Vic wrote:
    Edit:

What I meant to say was that I was under the impression that the people who play Pathfinder are generally people who think 4E changed too much about the core mechanics of 3E D&D.

Thus it seems an odd design choice to fundamentally change some of the most important core mechanics of Pathfinder, because it might alienate the very user base that turned on 4E for doing just that.

Then again they might not see Pathfinder players as their target customers, or I may be entirely wrong about why people turned to Pathfinder.

I guess they belie in the rich lore of their setting, and just acknowledge that there is no way to properly please people who are primarily interested in paper&pen gameplay when it comes to MMOs.

Updates

RiverKingdoms.jpg
    TheCrusaderRoadMap.jpg
    That red rectangle in the northwest highlights the Crusader Road area, our focus for launch.

This area is roughly 11 miles wide and 12 miles tall—about 133 square miles. It contains part of the Echo Wood to the east and is bordered on the west by the West Sellen River. The zone includes the currently abandoned town of Mosswater.

We'll divide this area into 256 hexes—the fundamental territorial unit of Pathfinder Online. The game's underlying technical architecture will likely encapsulate each hex in its own process similar to the way EVE Online manages systems. (This is extremely preliminary thinking; our final choice of middleware may dictate a different underlying architecture, but the logical division of the territory into hexes from the player perspective is the intended design.) To the right is the map of the Crusader Road area with the hex grid overlaid. Hexes that will be primarily forest are green; river hexes are filled with blue.

You also get the chance to name "a wretched hive of scum and villainy" in the depths of the Echo Wood.

steam_sig.png
    edited January 2012
    Update with some potentially juicy bits

https://goblinworks.com/blog/

New blog post up, this time on characters.
    It's interesting to see their reason for not trying to closely translate the PnP rules into a game, which I've heard is a bad idea because of how DnD simply isn't adapted to MMOs.
    They've attempted to curb rampant power creep, making the character grow to the maximum over a period of five real-time years and not have players fight "cosmic", universe destroying threats.

They are doing so by adding Eve-style skills it seems, that you put real-time into in order to develop - but these do not give any direct benefits, they only work as pre-requisites to armour/abilities/magic. "Merit Badges", that seem to be achievements (gained by getting new skills, or completing in-game goals) gives you new abilities. Levels in classes are just another type of Merit Badge - meaning that if you do not complete a particular task, you won't level up in that particular class.

SquiddyBiscuit on
    steam_sig.png
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    Sounds, interesting. I've had my heart broken regularly by MMOs though, so I'm a bit apprehensive.

14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
    I get the feeling that they are kinda winging it at this stage, with nothing but theories and ideas in mind. We'll see if it stays this interesting when they get an actual engine and find out what they can implement in it.

steam_sig.png
    edited January 2012
    Update: Character Death and Griefing

https://goblinworks.com/blog/index.html#20120118
    When your character dies, your corpse will turn into a soulless husk on the spot. At the moment of death, a timer will begin to count down giving you a minute or two before anything else happens. If a nearby friend has the necessary magic, you may be restored to life right on the spot without any further drawbacks. If you are alone, or have no companions capable of resurrecting you, you'll have to deal with the fallout.

At the expiration of the countdown timer (or earlier if you opt to end the counter prematurely), your character will revive at a specific location that you've helped predetermine. Determining this location is a process we call "soulbinding." You will be able to select the location that your character is soulbound to, but only certain locations have the requisite soulstone needed for the binding. The distance between the location of your dead husk and your soulbinding point will often prove meaningful.

Your character will re-enter play at the soulbinding point holding and wearing whatever gear they had equipped when they died, so you won't have to start without your armor, or the weapons, wands, or staves you were using. However, until you return to your husk, you are in danger of losing the rest of your inventory. If you get to your husk before anyone else, you'll be able to get all your stuff back. However, if another player finds your husk before you do, they'll be able to loot it. They won't recover everything that you had in your inventory—just a random selection—but the rest of your inventory will be destroyed and removed from the game. If you die surrounded by allies, they can't just pick up all of your equipment for you, as doing so would cause some of it to be removed from the game, but your allies could attempt to defend your husk until you return to it, so that you lose nothing but travel time.

Again, their infatuation for EVE shows with this relatively "hardcore" death system. It's not too bad imho, it will make for a game you will better enjoy when playing in a guild and with mates (like EVE).

On griefing:
    There have been attempts at bounty systems in many MMOs in the past, and they tend to have the same problem: If I put a reward on your character's head, you can arrange for one of your friends to kill your character, and the you then split the reward with your friend. You're not deterred from doing whatever it was that caused me to place the bounty, and I've ended up giving you and your friend even more of my scarce resources.

Pathfinder Online's bounty system is a lot more selective. When you are murdered—that is, killed unlawfully—you will have the option to place a bounty on your killer's head. The twist is that you can specify who can redeem the bounty: a specific character, a chartered adventuring group, or members of a specific player organization. Everyone who is eligible to earn the bounty receives a notification, and if they encounter a character with a price on his head, they'll be reminded of the bounty outstanding on that character. You'll be able to put a bounty on any character who inflicted damage on you within a limited time preceding your character's death, and on their companions and those who rendered them assistance, so you can ensure that a gang of criminals suffers as much as a lone assassin.

We fully expect that there will be characters who become specialized bounty hunters, tracking down and redeeming bounties and earning acclaim (which will translate into more commissioned bounties). These characters would never want their reputations besmirched by the idea that they'd be splitting the bounties with the targets, so the social reputation of these characters will dictate how successful they are at this role. Furthermore, we expect that some players will form bounty-hunting organizations, and those organizations will also need to maintain scrupulous reputations as agents of vengeance rather than agents of collaboration. Knowing that these experienced and deadly foes may be lawfully unleashed to hunt down and kill murderers will be a powerful deterrent to griefing.

Interesting implementation of a bounty system, and it might remove the downside of the one used in EVE (it being pointless).

SquiddyBiscuit on
    steam_sig.png
    That's rather entertaining, actually. Thanks for the info, Squiddy.

• CadmusCadmus Registered User regular
    Wow, can't believe I missed this thread for so long.

I love their ideas. I played wow a lot and while I still think it was/is a great game, I just got bored of it. New monsters, areas, bosses, new boss mechanics, they only work for so long. At this point I've seen so many variations of these things that when I see a new one I hardly notice. Unfortunately, SWTOR suffered from the same problem, it was just too similar to wow for me to get into.

Eve on the other hand has held my interest for a long time because the content comes from the players. I'm not sure if they can pull off the same kind of thing in a fantasy setting but I sure hope they can.

This could be verrry interesting.

Eventually.

If they get around to actually making it...

• GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    That bounty system still seems inadequate. Players who are involved in player-killing will, as a rule, carry nothing, because they expect to have a very high risk of death. So, the penalty for death for them is as close to nil as possible, because they have little-to-no carried equipment to be destroyed. The whole thing just seems like another way in which to jerk off antisocial twits by skewing the rules of the game to be massively in their favor.

• CadmusCadmus Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Garthor wrote:
    That bounty system still seems inadequate. Players who are involved in player-killing will, as a rule, carry nothing, because they expect to have a very high risk of death. So, the penalty for death for them is as close to nil as possible, because they have little-to-no carried equipment to be destroyed. The whole thing just seems like another way in which to jerk off antisocial twits by skewing the rules of the game to be massively in their favor.

In EVE there is very little penalty for 'antisocial twits', aside from them not being able to enter high security areas (which really doesn't matter).

Rather than this turning the game into a haven for antisocial twits it pushes everyone else into highly social groups. You simply don't play eve without being in a corporation, it's just not possible, you can't do anything without dieing. Once you are in a decent corporation though, it's very safe. The antisocial twits either get their asses handed to them or, if they are the other kind of antisocial twit, they never leave the high security areas. The game is won and lost with social interaction. The biggest army is the best tactic.

It's a system that works quite well in EVE and I can see it easily being adapted.

Keep in mind that they aren't planning this to be a 'join random group for dungeon X' game like wow is. If you're a jackass, you likely wont be able to click a button and inflict yourself upon a new random group of 4 people.

Cadmus on
    edited February 2012
    PVE and how it's an integral part of Pathfinder Online

SandboxEcosystem.jpg
    Imagine three main types of characters: People Who Fight, People Who Make, and People Who Build. In Pathfinder Online, each of these three character types provide content for the other two, and each needs contributions from the other two in order to thrive. This graphic describes these bidirectional PvE interconnections.

EconomicSystem.jpg
    Typically we see all this activity happening within a single hex, but trade and exchange between hexes is also critical to the economy. Most of the crafting system is designed around inputs from many sources which will not be geographically co-located, so each hex will likely have a list of things it needs to import and a list of things it can export to raise funds needed to buy those imports. Some of a hex's imports and some of its exports will be generated through resident characters' interactions with PvE content.

Way too much stuffing in this update for me to explain, so I urge you to check out the latest blog post so you can read through the update yourselves.

The more I read, the more this is starting to look like EVE: Fantasy on land edition.

SquiddyBiscuit on
    steam_sig.png
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    That does seem cool.

If the game lets me be a traveling trader Spice & Wolf style, then this will be a day one purchase for me.

Ah, who am I kidding, it'll be a day one purchase pretty much no matter what. I am a sucker for MMOs that try new things. :P

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    Axen wrote:
    That does seem cool.

If the game lets me be a traveling trader Spice & Wolf style, then this will be a day one purchase for me.

Ah, who am I kidding, it'll be a day one purchase pretty much no matter what. I am a sucker for MMOs that try new things. :P

Hmm. Which way do you plan to go? You know, so I can steal all your shit and laugh at your cor...

I mean

So's I can totally not do that.

14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
    wonder if I can do hilariously broken shit like a 18synthesist/2 pally build and just walk around being all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvdf5n-zI14

edited February 2012
    Malkor wrote:
    Axen wrote:
    That does seem cool.

Hmm. Which way do you plan to go? You know, so I can steal all your shit and laugh at your cor...

I mean

So's I can totally not do that.

Well, since you seem to be on the up-and-up, I plan on taking Ye Olde Roade at high noon.

Axen on
    The more I read, the more this is starting to look like EVE: Fantasy on land edition.

That is so hot.

I really, really, really hope that they manage to pull this off.

• ComahawkComahawk Registered User regular
    Wow, this might actually draw me away from Eve if it gets made. Forming a band of robbers would be awesome, just go around killing people and taking their stuff. Form a criminal nation by enrolling builders and crafters to make high-end items, while using traders to sell spoils, etc.

This is the first time I am actually excited about a Fantasy MMO. It would be even more awesome if they had ships of some sort, form a group called the Saskatchewan River Pirates and plunder for profit!

Comahawk wrote:
    Wow, this might actually draw me away from Eve if it gets made. Forming a band of robbers would be awesome, just go around killing people and taking their stuff. Form a criminal nation by enrolling builders and crafters to make high-end items, while using traders to sell spoils, etc.

This is the first time I am actually excited about a Fantasy MMO. It would be even more awesome if they had ships of some sort, form a group called the Saskatchewan River Pirates and plunder for profit!

Now that would be pretty cool.

There really isn't any sense in getting hyped for this. Still, it's the closest I've seen to my dream MMO so I can't help but be optimistic.

I just hope when it comes to transporting goods you actually could use (or even need) a horse and wagon.

• KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    What kind of combat does it have? If they made M&B: The Fantasy Simulation MMO, that would be awesome.

It doesn't have any combat as of yet (it doesn't really exist at this stage), so that's completely up in the air.

Will probably be K&M and tab targeting, which isn't necessarily bad.

steam_sig.png