As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Secret Sentry!

• MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    All ready to get all presentizing up in this bitch!

Say hello to.. ..PRESENTOR

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Ho Ho Ho

I know exactly what I want to get my giftee.

Oh, I forgot to mention. I'm pro-hardcopy. I spend enough time as it is staring at my laptop screen.

Crimsondude on
  • WIckedkarmaWIckedkarma AustinRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Dear Santa,

Link to my Amazon wish list.
    http://amzn.com/w/XNVPE60GLHW1

As far as top stuff, Warren Ellis, Hellblazer and Hellboy are all tied for first place just in case you were unsure which I liked more =)
    I really love Hellboy, I only have the trades up to trade 8 and then I haven't had a chance to pick up anymore, and sadly I do not own any of the BPRD books =(. I LOVE Hellblazer but only have All His Engines, and Bloodlines.
    I am a super HUGE fan of warren ellis, I have all of transmet, Nextwave, his Ultimate Galactus run, and the book he wrote, Crooked Little Vein and sadly that's all I have of his stuff. ( strange kisses, global frequency, ect et would be super awesome ! ) I have most of the trades for Hack slash, I have the collected Bone trade. One of the books I am always on the look out for is the Grendel Prime trade, but I cant seem to find it, I loaned my copy to someone and never saw it again =(.

I am just getting into Paul Pope, I have Heavy Liquid but thats all I have seen as far as his stuff goes,
    I own V for vendetta and Watchmen and love them both.
    I have the absolute Powers Vol 1 book and loves it.
    I am a HUGE Deadpool fan but no longer own any of the books due to a robbery last year, lost my Hitman collection in that as well.
    I also have the first 2 trades for walking dead and Fables and enjoy them both.
    I am also a fan of The Goon , and have the first fancy pants edition, I dig Umbrella Academy, but sadly do not have any of the books, I also have Aqua Leung which I enjoyed.
    I am open to checking out anything my santa decides to go for =)

If my secret santa wants I can also provide my girlfriends email address, since I think she picked me up a few books but wont tell me what they are, might be a good idea to hit her up, shes evil and wont tell me anything about my presents either ;)

WIckedkarma on
    camo_sig2.png
    Dear Santee, please post some ideas of books you are into. Stalking you is not turning up any thing specific, just that you like comics. A little help would make your present way more enjoyable ^_^

camo_sig2.png
  • GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Rats. I totally forgot about this during the period where we didn't hear anything for a couple weeks. Just sent my into to Sentry, hope it's not too late. If it is, oh well. :(

Gaslight on
  • Secret SentrySecret Sentry Registered User regular
    Okay, everyone should now be sorted with their giftee and address and so on. A bit of last minute complications there, but I think between CLOC and me everything is sorted. Please, those who haven't posted their lists, make sure they do our your gifters won't know what to get you! Thanks everyone! :D

29dzdkp.jpg
  • grim123grim123 Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    hmm guess I should post some of my likes I love most dark horse stuff. I'm following chew, unwritten, fables, the sixth gun, the walking dead and most of the new 52 hated the green arrow crap. I also collect g.i joes, marvel universe(only missing rare things like astral strange) and lego mini-figs(again I have most that I want but still cant find that stupid elf or spartan). hope that helps oh I like videogames too :rotate: Aliens Infestation was awsome. Also a big Atomic Robo robo fan but I still haven't really gotten to read more then hjis free comic book day comic

grim123 on
    Aww nutsack.
    steam_sig.png
    Yeah, that would probably be a good idea.

Not for me, personally. I already sent my giftee his gift.

• GankGank Registered User regular
    I've been collecting most of Marvel since 2008 and I have a massive collection of 2nd hand Marvel singles, but they're fairly sporadic. Anything from DC is pretty safe but I'm open to pretty much anything, any publisher, whatever. Any of the classic arcs raved about in here would be cool, but like I said, I'm pretty open!

galactussig-1.jpg
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    Hey, I have received my Secret Sentry gift! Crimsondude hooked me up with a subscription to the Marvel DCU! Thanks!

Now, time to get caught up on the last few years of Marvel comics...

When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Futt BuckerFutt Bucker CTRegistered User regular
    I just ordered my Santee's gift and thanks to Amazon Prime's free two-day shipping, you should have it by Wednesday!

My color is black to the blind
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    hey whoever has me! I'm sorry I don't have a list of likes up yet, and I haven't posted here in a while

so if you don't know my tastes, i'm gonna post a thing here in a minute, just gotta take stock of what i have

edited December 2011
    EDIT: Aw, I can't be a dick to the rest of you.

I have the entire rest of the year for that.

Crimsondude on
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Alrighty, here's my list of stuff I have:

Trades/hardcovers:
    (Paul Pope's) 100%
    20th Century Boys
    365 Samurai and a Few Bowls of Rice
    99 Ways to Tell a Story: Exercises in Style
    Acme Novelty Library
    Action Philosophers
    Agents of Atlas
    All-Star Superman
    Amazing Joy Buzzards
    American Splendor
    Amulet
    The Anchor
    Animal Man
    Annihilation
    The Annotated Mantooth
    Asterios Polyp
    Atomic Robo
    Banana Sunday
    The Big Book of Barry Ween
    Arkham Asylum
    Batman: Dark Victory
    Batman: Gotham by Gaslight
    Batman: Knight and Squire
    Batman: The Long Halloween
    Batman: Year One
    Batman: Year 100
    Batwoman: Elegy
    Beasts of Burden
    Black Hole
    Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes)
    Bone
    Captain America (Brubaker's run)
    Casanova
    Chew
    Chronicles of Wormwood
    Criminal
    Daytripper
    Doctor 13: Architecture & Mortality
    Doom Patrol (Morrison's run)
    Engineer Construct
    Ex Machina
    Fables
    Fafhrd and the Grey Mouser
    Fantastic Four (Hickman's Run)
    Fell
    Final Crisis
    The Five Fists of Science
    Flight
    Ghost Rider (Jason Aaron's run)
    Green Lantern: Sinestro Corps War
    The Goon
    G-Man
    Hellboy
    Hitman
    I Kill Giants
    Immortal Iron Fist (Fraction + Brubaker's run)
    Incredible Hercules
    Iron West
    Jimmy Corrigan the Smartest Kid on Earth
    JLA (Morrison's run)
    Kickback
    Kingdom Come
    League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
    The Life and Times of Scroodge McDuck
    Locke & Key
    Lockjaw and the Pet Avengers
    The Losers
    Maus
    Mini-Marvels
    Mesmo Delivery
    Mouse Guard
    Mysterius the Unfathomable
    New Frontier
    The Nightly News
    Northlanders
    Nova
    The Order
    Owly
    Pax Romana
    Penny Arcade print volumes
    Phonogram 1 + 2
    Planetary
    Promethea
    Proof
    Punisher Max
    Queen & Country
    Richard Stark's Parker: The Hunter & The Outfit
    Sam & Max Surfin' the Highway
    Sandman
    Scott Pilgrim
    Scott McCloud's books on comics
    Scud the Disposable Assassin: The Whole Shebang
    Secret Six
    Seven Soldiers of Victory
    Shazam: The Monster Society of Evil
    Spider-Man: Reign
    Starman Omnibus
    Suburban Glamour
    Superman Birthright
    Swamp Thing (Alan Moore's run)
    Avengers Disassembled: Thor
    Top 10
    Transformers: Last Stand of the Wreckers
    Transhuman
    Transmetropolitan
    Tumor
    Ultimates
    Umbrella Academy
    The Unwritten
    V for Vendetta
    Vimanarama
    Vision Machine
    Road to War of Kings
    War of Kings
    War of Kings: Warriors
    Watchmen
    Wolverine: Get Mystique
    Wonton Soup
    Astonishing X-Men (Whedon's run)
    New X-Men (Morrison's Run)

Singles:
    I don't really have a list (although every year I tell myself that THIS! This is the year in which I conduct a full inventory and census!). I have a lot of singles! It's mostly Marvel, with some DC here and there (I've become a regular DC buyer with the New 52). Here's some stuff that I can think of off the top of my head.

Batman (Morrison's run)
    New Avengers (the first New Avengers; I have burned out on Avengers, and stopped buying with the transition to the new New/Secret/Mighty setup)
    Everything Deadpool (Deadpool's first solo series, Cable & Deadpool, Deadpool's second solo series, etc)
    Thor (JMS, Gillen, Fraction)
    Invincible Iron Man
    every major event that Marvel and DC have put out in the past 5 years or so

In terms of what sort of a gift I'd like to get, dear gift-giver, my top choice would be something that you think is awesome, but I may not have heard of (or, if I have heard of, might not have picked up). Basically, I want something that I wouldn't get for myself, because I want my horizons expanded. Do you have weird indie, niche thing that you love? I want to love it too!

If you'd like specific recommendations, here are a couple of things that I'm interested in:
    Y the Last Man (always wanted to read this, never got to it somehow)
    Good Transformers stories (Antimatter makes it seem like there are good stories and bad ones, and the bad ones are really bad; I would prefer to not read those)
    That new Darkwing Duck series (seems pretty cool)
    I've been looking for New Invaders: To End All Wars for a while, and haven't found it yet
    Warhammer 40k: Damnation Crusade (I'd like any good Warhammer 40k comic, frankly. I hear Damnation Crusade is good)

Edit: Oh, and yes, I would prefer physical, dead-tree versions of things, because I'm a huge sentimentalist, and love books not just for what they contain, but also as entities onto themselves.

Delduwath on
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    if someone is going to deliver transformers stories to deldu for some reason (there's better things to give)
    Hearts of Steel is a great standalone, the IDW collections for The Best of Megatron, Optimus Prime, Grimlock, and Starscream are worth considering as sample platters
    Spotlight Kup is a fantastic single issue, and All Hail Megatron 15 has a story that follows up on that issue

Also, a request: If possible, could you (my dear gift-target) put up a list of stuff that you already own? I rather enjoy going off-script and buying people not only the things they put on their wishlist, but also just stuff that I think they might like; if they don't put up a list of what they own, I might end up getting them a duplicate by accident.

Of course, I understand that something like this takes time one doesn't always have, and it's totally cool if you don't put a list up. I'll figure something out.

Oh Anti, I feel like I can summon you out of the ether even in Real Life just by calling out "Transformers comics!". (If I really need you urgently, should I scream something like "Pat Lee is a pretty decent individual and a very honest employer!"?)

Thanks for the recommendations, by the way. I'll keep that list on hand, and see about checking those books out even if I don't get them as presents.

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Delduwath wrote:
    Oh Anti, I feel like I can summon you out of the ether even in Real Life just by calling out "Transformers comics!". (If I really need you urgently, should I scream something like "Pat Lee is a pretty decent individual and a very honest employer!"?)

Thanks for the recommendations, by the way. I'll keep that list on hand, and see about checking those books out even if I don't get them as presents.
    you killed me

i'm dead

talking about robots or boobs is a good way to summon me, yes

and you're welcome!

Antimatter on
  • cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    Yay, sent!

• ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    I have personally delivered you all information regarding your Secret Sentry giftees now, each of them encoded with SHIELD's finest data encryption programs. Anyone who hasn't been sent a message, please inform me and I will resolve the troubling crisis! Also, when gifters send their presents can they message me to inform me of this, just so I can cross them off the list stored in the Watchtower databases. Thank you! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone!

I didn't get a message. :(

pygsig.png
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    I mailed my gift this morning, but it's just packed with so much stuff I don't know how long it will take to reach across the ocean. It is a veritable comic book version of the Marshall Plan.

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Okay I just sent my gift by Amazon, should arrive between 5-8 days!

I got you something off your wish list, because I know it's always nice to complete runs, and then a couple of things I think you'd also appreciate. Merry Christmas giftee! Have a good 'un!

I'm trying to get my gift prepared. I thought I knew more artists...

Hail Hydra
  • spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    Artists? Sounds neat, I hope it works out for you and your Sentry. :D

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • KiwiKiwi Registered User regular
    Dear Santee,

I just ordered your gift, so it should be there by next week. Huzzah!

• RedDeliciousRedDelicious Registered User regular
    Hmmm, guess I was left out this year...

• wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    Half of my present has been ordered feom Amazon. I'll be sending the other half next week.

When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    *snip*

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • grim123grim123 Registered User regular
    thanks Futt Bucker got my gift last night
    2011-12-06210207.jpg
    2011-12-06210225.jpg
    20111206_195923.jpg
    now to hurry up and send out my gift doh!

Aww nutsack.
    steam_sig.png
  • Futt BuckerFutt Bucker CTRegistered User regular
    Glad you like it!

My color is black to the blind
  • cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    Dear Secret Sentry Recipient. I opted not to wrap in favor of adding an additional title to your collection. I figured if there was extra paper in the box you should at least be able to use it. Shipped today!

• GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    Got the books picked out. Just need to wait for money to get into my bank account so that I can send them on their way.

So I wake up go downstairs a find a package, I'm thinking YAY the Christmas cards I ordered have arrived and rip open the package. I am confused.. these are not the Christmas cards.. or anything else I ordered.. OMG WOOT PA Secret Santa!

Thanks Santa (aka wwtMask)! I got package 1 of 3 today and it was the Warren Ellis Armor wars Iron Man trade! I read it as soon as I opened it and enjoyed it very much =)
    I will update this post with pics once they all arrive!

camo_sig2.png
    edited December 2011
    I think I'll make a shopping run this weekend.

EDIT: Now I HAVE to.

I come home from work, psyching myself up to run a double header of D&D games. When I see things on my computer chair.
    IMG_0093-1.jpg

One light

IMG_0097-1.jpg

One heavy

Let's check the light box first

Hrm....
    IMG_0094.jpg

Eeeenteresting. I've not heard of this comic....

Ah-ha, a note! (Name blocked to protect the possibly innocent)
    IMG_0095-1.jpg

Oooh, thank you Kiwi! I'll shall read it with interest. Since it arrived at the same time, I could only assume the heavy bo was from you as well.

IMG_0105.jpg

BLATHERING BLATHERSKITE!!!

IMG_0102.jpg

IMG_0099.jpg

IMG_0100.jpg

IMG_0101.jpg

IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

Many things asked for, and a couple which I did not, but were welcome (I vaguely remember reacting favorably to some Sleeper panels I was shown a couple months back) Thank you so~~~ much Kiwi and giving me a good example for how to Sentry!

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
    Oooh ... Phonogram is awesome. So is Sleeper. You are going to like them.

Anyway, I arrived to find my gift waiting for me. Yay!

I got Dynamo 5, SHIELD vol.1, and Scalped vol.8. All awesome. Thank you.

However, I did not get a note or anything. I can appreciate that. So I would just like to once again say thank you very much, Secret Sentry, whoever you are.

• spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    Dynamo 5 is a good series.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
    Oooh ... Phonogram is awesome. So is Sleeper. You are going to like them.

Anyway, I arrived to find my gift waiting for me. Yay!

I got Dynamo 5, SHIELD vol.1, and Scalped vol.8. All awesome. Thank you.

However, I did not get a note or anything. I can appreciate that. So I would just like to once again say thank you very much, Secret Sentry, whoever you are.

It was in fact me. I am bad with computers and failed to add a note. It's not much, but I hope you enjoy the presents! Merry Christmas!

Ah. Cool.

Thank you very much.

It was my pleasure! :D

• KiwiKiwi Registered User regular
    @Matev

Yay! There should've been gift notes with the other books too, but I'm glad everything got to you ok. Merry Christmas!