As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2011 - Get with the gifting!

• Options
    KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote:
    Someone else does Magic Fridays!? When I first got married, every Friday night for about a year and a half we would have my coworkers and friends over to play Magic (anywhere from 4-10 people). I spent so much money on Magic, we're talking booster boxes when new sets would release. (Myrrodin and Kamagawa blocks mostly as that was new at the time - I think Myrrodin had just released it's third set and then Kama started) So yeah, that was seven years ago.

Since then, everyone's moved and no one plays anymore, but I sure miss Magic Fridays, but I don't miss spending the money. :P

Awesome haul, Kaseius!

Actually, Friday Night Magic is an official thing that they support and the local shops run. So, the wife and I have been going every Friday night since I got back into it.

It'd probably be more fun if we could host something ourselves, but this works too.

www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Speaking of Judge-Z... he gave my kids awesome onesies last year, but by the time they were big enough to wear them the SS thread was closed and I didn't know where else to post pictures so here you go! We liked the photos so much that one is hanging in our living room right now. :) They're way bigger now and the shirts are hanging up in the boys' room since it's space-themed. Thanks again, Judge-Z and I'm sorry that I couldn't figure a decent place to post the pic sooner.

199223_981875247200_22906309_49001998_2412488_n.jpg

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    jclast wrote:
    Speaking of Judge-Z... he gave my kids awesome onesies last year, but by the time they were big enough to wear them the SS thread was closed and I didn't know where else to post pictures so here you go! We liked the photos so much that one is hanging in our living room right now. :) They're way bigger now and the shirts are hanging up in the boys' room since it's space-themed. Thanks again, Judge-Z and I'm sorry that I couldn't figure a decent place to post the pic sooner.

That poor, poor red shirt.. :D

And they made Friday Night Magic a thing? They stole my idea! :P It definitely wasn't a thing around here when we were doing it.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    He's not red for security - he's engineering, you monster!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Man I wish I didn't live in boring old America, I had no cool candies to send my santee. :(

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    jclast wrote:

That is a fantastic Kirk impression.

@vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Aioua wrote:
    Man I wish I didn't live in boring old America, I had no cool candies to send my santee. :(

Aioua, how can you deny the greatness of our pooping candy dispensers?

NGvWw.jpg

Look at this pooping Santa. He's so happy!

aa6Sl.jpg
    PLgVI.jpg
    qFo0a.jpg
    aCg8Q.jpg
    DMSvW.jpg
    kyivf.jpg
    HO HO HOOO

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
  • Options
    Right. Santa parcel primed and ready to be ejected out of a cannon directly to the recipient's home.

This may not actually happen. But it might.

• Options
    I'm trying pretty hard not to make a MythBusters joke.

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Home made plush Metroid is super awesome.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Dr. Phibbs McAtheyDr. Phibbs McAthey Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Holy shit.
    Partial GiftGet.gif
    I just received this email from my secret santa:
    Subject: G&T Secret Santa 2011 - URGENT
    Message: Are you free on Tuesday evening? This attachment entitles you and one other to see the 10:30pm screening of the Dark Knight Rises prologue in Indianapolis (I'm sorry, but the closest option, Chicago, was all out). I know it's more than a bit out of your way but if you're willing to make the round trip, these tickets will get you in (as long as you bring photo ID).

If you're not able to make it, please let me know through the Meatflag proxy on PA and I'll release the tickets for some other folks. Keep an eye on your mailbox - you'll be receiving your main package very soon.

Love, hugs and wangs,
    Your PA Secret Santa
    Holy shit-mazing! Indy's about a 3 hour drive from here, give or take, and I have to work at 9am the next day, and it's only supposedly 6 minutes long...but how do you say no to that?! I've got to give this some serious consideration. I've already invited my brother-in-law, and who is taking some time himself to deliberate.
    Blown away already Santa, even if I don't get the chance to go. I will let your proxy know ASAP whether I will make it, so that some other lucky people can go if I don't.

Dr. Phibbs McAthey on
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    You should definitely go

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    That's pretty awesome.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    Daaaaamn.

• Options
    Judge-ZJudge-Z Teacher, for Great Justice Upstate NYRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Kaseius wrote:
    GiftGet.gif
    Oh man! I got THREE packages today! One was from Santa, but the fact that there were three made it that much better!

DkiUc.jpg

Jazz the laser-eye cat investigates. Along with some weeaboo figures.

ZsUVx.jpg

Crack it open, slime! That's a lot of stuff!

NUH7e.jpg

That's a lotta wangs!

Jgywr.jpg
    Dear Kaseius,

I never thought I'd stoop to such low hanging stalking fruit, but holy shit did you hand me a gaping, glaring hole to fill in your gaming life! I hope you enjoy some of my favorite games.

The rest is stuff I either guessed you'd like, or hoped would make you LOL. Have the happiest of holiday seasons and a great Mayan Apocalypse New Year!

Love and snuggles,
    Judge-Z 8-)

p.s. water your fucking lawn next summer... SHEESH! :-)

(it saves on water!)

AmyN9.jpg

Amidst all the gifts wrapped up are.. SUCKERS! Lots of them! This is bad.. sugar!

bHJMv.jpg

The first one! Who doesn't like hot, salty, wet cock?

Ij06y.jpg

8-> (dreamy sigh)...

VWGSy.jpg

at first I thought "oh cute koalas" and now that I've taken a better look at the photo... D:
    tasty koala fuckers indeed!

rAbtW.jpg

ストラベリ-- my favorite! Mmm..

sYzEv.jpg

Weeaboo and 100% gay? Wouldn't that be like, 200% gay?!

YHRpd.jpg

holy shit I have never seen this before but it is awesome. wife says "we can use this when we visit Tokyo!", and I was kind of skeptical about that statement, but it really does have some fantastic maps in it. :^:

ahFof.jpg

I forgot to take a picture of this before opening it. Whoops!

But it containted...

wKuyg.jpg

DICKWOLVES! yesssss

And one of the other wrappings was..

aWHMf.jpg

Double yes! I had to share with the wife and let her open some packs.

One of them had a 17$ rare that she was desperately looking for to use during our Friday Night Magic events we go to, along with some other good picks. :^: awesome job!!

V7ADx.jpg

Hmm.. what JRPGs could these be that I haven't sampled?

nMmB4.jpg

The first is.. SMT: Devil Survivor! Ha ha, Santa! I've actually played a bit of this. But I didn't beat it, I forget why, and what's strange is I remember really enjoying it. I don't have my old copy either, so even better. Now I can re-enjoy this business. :^:

What's the other one..?

dkcLK.jpg

UNFFFFFFFFFF. Now, this one, I have not even tried yet. It's been on my wishlist forever but I never bought it for some reason. Mmmm.. :D

There's still more though!

kY42m.jpg

Dicks, huh? I've had a pretty big helping of cocks and dicks so far, but there's more!

AuImA.jpg

:rotate: (im 12 and what is this?) (i have no idea)

URjJP.jpg
    Here are a few goodies from my hometown. The sponge candy (also known as chocolate honeycomb) is a local specialty, and the suckers (lollipops?) are from an old school confectionary that has been around forever.

As for the wing sauce, it is from the bar that invented the chicken wing. If you do not have a deep fryer, broiled or baked wings will do (just don't tell any other Buffalonians I said this was okay). A helpful tip: toss the cooked wings in a metal bowl with the sauce - it will stain a plastic bowl.

The blue cheese dressing is the best I could send - if you can get real, refrigerated blue cheese (creamy, not crumbly), even better. Dip the wings as you eat if it is to your taste, or just eat them and take the heat of the sauce. A side of carrot or celery sticks is also apropos.

Now, I am not one to tell you how to enjoy your gifts, they are yours after all, but if I find you dipped your wings in goddamn ranch dressing, like some cretins are wont to do, I will go to Washington myself and stab you in the eye with goddamned whatever the fuck you hippies in the Pacific Northwest buy at your all-organic, free-range farmers' markets.

Well, that's pretty ominous! I'm kind of a picky eater so when I get around to trying this is going to be a serious adventure, but:

mcNs2.jpg

Wait a minute...

myiLg.jpg

It had all this! My wife flipped out when she saw the candy because "HOLY SHIT IF THAT'S WHAT I THINK IT IS OH MY GOD CHOCOLATE COVERED HONEYCOMBS I LOVED THAT IN AUSTRALIA"

(you see, she's from Australia, where they have Tim Tams and Cadbury chocolate, which is all apparently superior to our weak American chocolate)

i0AGb.jpg

the whole haul! so awesome!!
    eiO4e.jpg

no don't do it nooooo

F7UgU.jpg

blargghhhh

and for you MtG players:
    v4DOm.jpg

THANK YOU SANTA Judge-Z!!!
    what's even better, is that i can re-use the box you sent my stuff in, to send to MY santee! it's perfectly sized!

Woo! Glad you got it in time for the weekend! I've been giggling madly all day since I saw the box went out for delivery this morning. That's awesome that your wife coincidentally just happens to be missing chocolate honeycomb/sponge candy from home I stalked you so hard your wife got stalked as collateral damage. Glad she could use the Magic card, too! Which one was it?

Hope you enjoy everything. I don't normally buy Santee gifts right off an Amazon wish list, but when I saw the SMT games listed, I knew that was a problem that needed solving right now. One of my favorite - if most frustrating - series. If you haven't played Persona 3 and 4 yet, do yourself a favor and track those down as well.

Hrm. Time to retire the note I always include with the Buffalo food. Gotta come up with a new schtick.

Also, J-clast - that picture is awesome, and along with Kaseius's gift post, double made my day! It's like being a twice-made Santa! Indeed, "Kirk's" pose is absolute perfection! Good luck as that crew gets older. I have enough fun keeping up with one!

EDIT: Another box getting re-used? Shit, I'm the king of reused boxes, between this and the Cuba Cheese Shoppe box! Where did that one end up last year, anyway? Now I gotta up the ante and find another good one for next year!

Judge-Z on
    JudgeZed.png
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What's the "Dark Knight Rises prologue"? A screening of an early part o the movie, or something that won't be in the final version? (I've been on a complete media blackout.)

Edit: I've been wondering what happened to the Cheese Box, too. That was a neat tradition in the making.

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Oh damn I love those tasty koala fuckers.

• Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    koala fuckers are so tasty

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    HilleanHillean Registered User regular
    AaronKI wrote:
    What's the "Dark Knight Rises prologue"? A screening of an early part o the movie, or something that won't be in the final version? (I've been on a complete media blackout.)

Edit: I've been wondering what happened to the Cheese Box, too. That was a neat tradition in the making.

It's like the first 6 minutes of the movie I think

greenguy1980.jpg
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Digital Devil Saga is amazing, but you're going to hate yourself if you don't have 2 ready and waiting after you finish part 1.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    Willeth wrote:
    jclast wrote:

That is a fantastic Kirk impression.

Holy geez this is so incredibly adorable.

4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    GiftGet.gif
    Choppershowingwolfandmovie.jpg
    Here is my very own Tony Tony Chopper, showing off my gifts, he isn't one of them. ;)

One 8" mini wolf plush and a copy of Vampire Hunter D : Bloodlust. Amazing movie, I've seen it at least half a dozen times, and now I own my own DVD copy. Thank you The_Stamy.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    Just got word that our family dog had to be put down this morning. :(

Almost 14 years old. Best damn dog anyone could ask for, smart as hell.
    Bandit.JPG

Never seen a dog that enjoyed Christmas more than him. He got so excited every year when we put up the tree. He opened his own presents every year.
    BanditPresents.JPG

Sorry for the sadness in the happy times thread.
    You have my condolences, I know exactly how you feel right now. If it makes you feel better It was my birthday the other day and my parents helped me celebrate by instead of wishing me a happy birthday, calling me to come over so that I could take my dog to get him put down for them.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    GiftGet.gif
    PART DEUX
    (part one)

A mysterious package arrives!
    Let's have Sonja investigate, per SS tradition
    ZZie5.png
    She seems bored of it, and wanders off. Might as well open 'er up.
    uJH8j.jpg
    Ooo, shinies. Well let's take a look at this card... oh what's underneath?
    Jeq1N.png
    YUSS! I played this thing at PAX. On the third day, first time I was able to get a break from Enforcing. I loved it! Cash in hand, I walked up to the counter only to discover they were sold out long before. My heart has had a hole in it that hasn't been filled until now!
    Okay now for the card.
    rCtvP.png
    What there's more!? Does my Santa's Christmas joy know no bounds? Let's tear open the wrapping. Ultimate webcomic you say?
    312YV.png
    Oooooh shit. This is going right on my coffee table for everyone to read. I love Achewood like nonbodies business!
    Oh what's this. Now Sonja like the box? Typical cat.
    ostDV.png

Eddie you continue to be both amazing and rad. Radical even. <3<3<3

Aioua on
    life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    PoultryGeistPoultryGeist The Ghostly Chicken Registered User regular
  • Options
    KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    Judge-Z wrote:
    Kaseius wrote:
    GiftGet.gif
    Oh man! I got THREE packages today! One was from Santa, but the fact that there were three made it that much better!

DkiUc.jpg

Jazz the laser-eye cat investigates. Along with some weeaboo figures.

ZsUVx.jpg

Crack it open, slime! That's a lot of stuff!

NUH7e.jpg

That's a lotta wangs!

Jgywr.jpg
    Dear Kaseius,

I never thought I'd stoop to such low hanging stalking fruit, but holy shit did you hand me a gaping, glaring hole to fill in your gaming life! I hope you enjoy some of my favorite games.

The rest is stuff I either guessed you'd like, or hoped would make you LOL. Have the happiest of holiday seasons and a great Mayan Apocalypse New Year!

Love and snuggles,
    Judge-Z 8-)

p.s. water your fucking lawn next summer... SHEESH! :-)

(it saves on water!)

AmyN9.jpg

Amidst all the gifts wrapped up are.. SUCKERS! Lots of them! This is bad.. sugar!

bHJMv.jpg

The first one! Who doesn't like hot, salty, wet cock?

Ij06y.jpg

8-> (dreamy sigh)...

VWGSy.jpg

at first I thought "oh cute koalas" and now that I've taken a better look at the photo... D:
    tasty koala fuckers indeed!

rAbtW.jpg

ストラベリ-- my favorite! Mmm..

sYzEv.jpg

Weeaboo and 100% gay? Wouldn't that be like, 200% gay?!

YHRpd.jpg

holy shit I have never seen this before but it is awesome. wife says "we can use this when we visit Tokyo!", and I was kind of skeptical about that statement, but it really does have some fantastic maps in it. :^:

ahFof.jpg

I forgot to take a picture of this before opening it. Whoops!

But it containted...

wKuyg.jpg

DICKWOLVES! yesssss

And one of the other wrappings was..

aWHMf.jpg

Double yes! I had to share with the wife and let her open some packs.

One of them had a 17$ rare that she was desperately looking for to use during our Friday Night Magic events we go to, along with some other good picks. :^: awesome job!!

V7ADx.jpg

Hmm.. what JRPGs could these be that I haven't sampled?

nMmB4.jpg

The first is.. SMT: Devil Survivor! Ha ha, Santa! I've actually played a bit of this. But I didn't beat it, I forget why, and what's strange is I remember really enjoying it. I don't have my old copy either, so even better. Now I can re-enjoy this business. :^:

What's the other one..?

dkcLK.jpg

UNFFFFFFFFFF. Now, this one, I have not even tried yet. It's been on my wishlist forever but I never bought it for some reason. Mmmm.. :D

There's still more though!

kY42m.jpg

Dicks, huh? I've had a pretty big helping of cocks and dicks so far, but there's more!

AuImA.jpg

:rotate: (im 12 and what is this?) (i have no idea)

URjJP.jpg
    Here are a few goodies from my hometown. The sponge candy (also known as chocolate honeycomb) is a local specialty, and the suckers (lollipops?) are from an old school confectionary that has been around forever.

As for the wing sauce, it is from the bar that invented the chicken wing. If you do not have a deep fryer, broiled or baked wings will do (just don't tell any other Buffalonians I said this was okay). A helpful tip: toss the cooked wings in a metal bowl with the sauce - it will stain a plastic bowl.

The blue cheese dressing is the best I could send - if you can get real, refrigerated blue cheese (creamy, not crumbly), even better. Dip the wings as you eat if it is to your taste, or just eat them and take the heat of the sauce. A side of carrot or celery sticks is also apropos.

Now, I am not one to tell you how to enjoy your gifts, they are yours after all, but if I find you dipped your wings in goddamn ranch dressing, like some cretins are wont to do, I will go to Washington myself and stab you in the eye with goddamned whatever the fuck you hippies in the Pacific Northwest buy at your all-organic, free-range farmers' markets.

Well, that's pretty ominous! I'm kind of a picky eater so when I get around to trying this is going to be a serious adventure, but:

mcNs2.jpg

Wait a minute...

myiLg.jpg

It had all this! My wife flipped out when she saw the candy because "HOLY SHIT IF THAT'S WHAT I THINK IT IS OH MY GOD CHOCOLATE COVERED HONEYCOMBS I LOVED THAT IN AUSTRALIA"

(you see, she's from Australia, where they have Tim Tams and Cadbury chocolate, which is all apparently superior to our weak American chocolate)

i0AGb.jpg

the whole haul! so awesome!!
    eiO4e.jpg

no don't do it nooooo

F7UgU.jpg

blargghhhh

and for you MtG players:
    v4DOm.jpg

THANK YOU SANTA Judge-Z!!!
    what's even better, is that i can re-use the box you sent my stuff in, to send to MY santee! it's perfectly sized!

Woo! Glad you got it in time for the weekend! I've been giggling madly all day since I saw the box went out for delivery this morning. That's awesome that your wife coincidentally just happens to be missing chocolate honeycomb/sponge candy from home I stalked you so hard your wife got stalked as collateral damage. Glad she could use the Magic card, too! Which one was it?

Hope you enjoy everything. I don't normally buy Santee gifts right off an Amazon wish list, but when I saw the SMT games listed, I knew that was a problem that needed solving right now. One of my favorite - if most frustrating - series. If you haven't played Persona 3 and 4 yet, do yourself a favor and track those down as well.

Hrm. Time to retire the note I always include with the Buffalo food. Gotta come up with a new schtick.

Also, J-clast - that picture is awesome, and along with Kaseius's gift post, double made my day! It's like being a twice-made Santa! Indeed, "Kirk's" pose is absolute perfection! Good luck as that crew gets older. I have enough fun keeping up with one!

EDIT: Another box getting re-used? Shit, I'm the king of reused boxes, between this and the Cuba Cheese Shoppe box! Where did that one end up last year, anyway? Now I gotta up the ante and find another good one for next year!

This is the card she really needed. She ended up getting another before the tournament started tonight. She won her first two rounds 2-0 but then I had to come along and beat her. :(

Ended up getting 2nd place myself, though! (With my best friend getting 1st -- him and I went up against each other during the final round and it was the deciding match. Damnit!)

You did a great job, and I really appreciate the effort you put into it. I just may have to stream DDS sometime soon... and I'll probably have to find a way to get more of those honeycomb chocolates because I have a feeling the wife will eat them all.

(also I had a sucker, it was good, and I chewed through all the strawberry panda fuckers already)

www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Aioua, the PA card game is fucking fantastic. You will enjoy it more each time you play.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    Whee! Apparently a massive delivery from America just arrived! I'll have to post once I get back as I'm on my way to work, but assuming it's Santa, thank you!

• Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    I just got a big, heavy parcel from the US too!
    It's from Amazon!
    It's my textbooks for next year. woo

• Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    Well the better part of my gift for my Santee is still processing. The place hasn't shipped it to me yet. And once I get it, I still have to make sure it works before I send it over the border, so it is looking more and more like it will not be there until after Christmas. :(

Luckily, there is something else on its way, which might suffice for the time being.

• Options
    The MantizThe Mantiz BONK! DenmarkRegistered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote:
    Package on the door. Oh, so it's the emergency car window breaker my mom inexplicably wants for Christmas. Wait... it's from Denmark? Look like it's a

GiftGet.gif
    IMG_0590.jpg

Sparkie the dog immediately goes to investigate.

IMG_0592.jpg

Max goes to join him. Man, they're excited.

IMG_0591.jpg

Geez, these guys are sniffing the shit out of my presents and will. not. stop. After futilely trying to get them to behave for more photos I have to kick them outside.

IMG_0593.jpg
    Oooh, an array of stuff! Let's dig a little deeper...

IMG_0595.jpg
    Gummy things! The note says "be careful with the "Super Piratos" because they are pretty strong and salty if you are not used to strong licorice. And yes, they're meant to smell like ammonium chloride."

IMG_0594.jpg
    More candy! Not pictured: Max trying to shove the entire pink marzipan-based candy bar in his tiny mouth. But wait, one of the packages is wriggling...

IMG_0596.jpg
    A homemade metroid plushie! My Santee said he crafted it himself, and it really does look sharp and well-crafted.

IMG_0598.jpg
    The Steve Jobs biography! My Santee got that due to me being far too interested in tech industry stuff. Good call, that's been on my reading list since it came out.

So thanks, The Mantiz, that's a nice assortment of stuff from your home country! Time to crack open some candy and settle in for some good reading.

But first I have to punish Sparkie.
    IMG_0597.jpg

Wuuuuu, it finally arrived! I send it 10 days ago, but I guess that isn't too bad. Nice to see that the customs didn't tear it apart :)
    I love the picture with the Metroid on your dog. I did exactly the same when I was finished making it. Except it was my girlfriends head, and not a dog's.

Did you try the Super Piratos yet? :P

3DS - 2878-9572-9277
  • Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    Just got word that our family dog had to be put down this morning. :(

Almost 14 years old. Best damn dog anyone could ask for, smart as hell.
    Bandit.JPG

Never seen a dog that enjoyed Christmas more than him. He got so excited every year when we put up the tree. He opened his own presents every year.
    BanditPresents.JPG

Sorry for the sadness in the happy times thread.
    You have my condolences, I know exactly how you feel right now. If it makes you feel better It was my birthday the other day and my parents helped me celebrate by instead of wishing me a happy birthday, calling me to come over so that I could take my dog to get him put down for them.

D:

Happy Birthday.

I'm sorry, too.

• Options
    Santee, I really wish the carrier they shipped your packages through told me locations of where it is and gave me an estimate of delivery. It should have been able to cross a continent at this point, but I think they are slacking. :(

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Man, I wish I went with UPS instead of USPS, because I want to track! I think my Santee should be getting his gift today, but I have no way to know for sure. I'm at the mercy of their GIFTGET post.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    AgapiosAgapios Registered User regular
    Man, I wish I went with UPS instead of USPS, because I want to track! I think my Santee should be getting his gift today, but I have no way to know for sure. I'm at the mercy of their GIFTGET post.

Just for my Santee's sanity, I do hospital visits on the weekend and I will be doing them all of next week too, since I will be the only person working at my church (it is the holidays and everyone took off at the same time). So proxy me a message if you have one of those new fangled track package options on your parcel of Christmas Joy, and you see that it has "arrived".

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    GiftGet4b.gif

Holy crap it's a GIFT GET for me!!! Lots of paintings that I will absolutely put to good use! :)
    hpim1933q.jpg
    Box appeared... At the post office and had to pick it up. Cat begins sniffing procedures.
    hpim1934j.jpg
    Box is opened!! Annnd the cat keeps sniffing it.
    hpim1935.jpg
    Alright someone needs to come get this cat out of here!
    hpim1936.jpg
    The gift! It's wrapped unfortunately so I have to tear into it....
    hpim1938.jpg
    Holy mother of God. This is the best thing I've ever seen. All hand painted by my Santa!!! They are perfect!!!
    hpim1939b.jpg
    Close-up on the Umbrella logo and Fallout guy.
    hpim1940f.jpg
    Close-up on a group of the paintings!
    hpim1942.jpg
    Close up of the card, and the Shaun of the Dead painting!!
    hpim1941.jpg
    A close up of one of the paintings... I love this one so much!
    hpim1937v.jpg
    You got me something I'll never forget, AND a nice gift for the cat! It's a twofer!

This was an amazing haul! I absolutely love it to death... However I'm not quite sure who was the forum goer that did this for me! I see a signature on each of the paintings.

Please make yourself known so people everywhere know how amazing you are!!

• Options
    AgapiosAgapios Registered User regular
    Holy shat. What the hell is that crazy bird thing from???

Also that is some very good gaming paintings. Most people go a little too over the top in the "I AM FROM THIS GAME!" in their paintings. These were very subtle, but still recognizable. (Obviously except for the bird thing because I have never seen it before unless it is a Pokemon then I have. damnit this parenthesis is now too long and awkward.....)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Is it remotely possible that if the online store didn't charge me VAT that they are just taking the hit or are they going to demand it on delivery? They never mentioned it or listed it while I was placing the order, and didn't charge me for it, but they listed it on the invoice but it still isn't calculated on the total.

V7HOH.png

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    urahonky wrote:
    Holy crap it's a GIFT GET for me!!! Lots of paintings that I will absolutely put to good use! :)
    hpim1933q.jpg
    Box appeared... At the post office and had to pick it up. Cat begins sniffing procedures.
    hpim1934j.jpg
    Box is opened!! Annnd the cat keeps sniffing it.
    hpim1935.jpg
    Alright someone needs to come get this cat out of here!
    hpim1936.jpg
    The gift! It's wrapped unfortunately so I have to tear into it....
    hpim1938.jpg
    Holy mother of God. This is the best thing I've ever seen. All hand painted by my Santa!!! They are perfect!!!
    hpim1939b.jpg
    Close-up on the Umbrella logo and Fallout guy.
    hpim1940f.jpg
    Close-up on a group of the paintings!
    hpim1942.jpg
    Close up of the card, and the Shaun of the Dead painting!!
    hpim1941.jpg
    A close up of one of the paintings... I love this one so much!
    hpim1937v.jpg
    You got me something I'll never forget, AND a nice gift for the cat! It's a twofer!

This was an amazing haul! I absolutely love it to death... However I'm not quite sure who was the forum goer that did this for me! I see a signature on each of the paintings.

Please make yourself known so people everywhere know how amazing you are!!

Nice paintings!

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Oh yes, I will be decorating my office with them!