As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cheap International Flights

siliconenhancedsiliconenhanced __BANNED USERS regular
edited June 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
So, long story short I'm trying to get someone from Newcastle International Airport in the UK (NCL) to either Baltimore Washington International (BWI) or Philadelphia International Airport (PHL), and I'm trying to find the lowest rates possible.

Anyone have any tips or links or something to help drive down the prices to around a cool grand or below?v

siliconenhanced on

• Options
    LewishamLewisham Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Depends which country *the person who holds the ticket* is from.

In the UK, Expedia is OK. Try it with different browsers, when I used it a year or so ago, it appeared to actually return different values based on your browser. I shit you not. Lastminute.com might be OK, but usually I've found them to be no better than normal travel agents.

In the US, Orbitz, Expedia again, Travelocity.

Lewisham on
  • Options
    ÆthelredÆthelred Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Don't discard flying from a different UK airport. The price of a train fare + the flight might turn out to be cheaper. There won't be the same choice of flights from Newcastle as from Heathrow after all.

Æthelred on
    pokes: 1505 8032 8399
  • Options
    siliconenhancedsiliconenhanced __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2007
    The person who holds the ticket is from the UK, by the by.

And I'll take your advice, but I'm trying to do this before I come within the two week range when fares shoot right the fuck up through the roof.

siliconenhanced on
  • Options
    KMFurDMKMFurDM Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2007
    Flying from Philly to England, the cheapest way I have found is to fly into and from Gatwick. There are non-stop flights daily on US Air. There is also the option of Manchester but I have found it more expensive.

Price is also very dependant on when you are planning on flying.

KMFurDM on
  • Options
    embrikembrik Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Check out Kayak which will do all of the work for you. It checks multiple sites and airlines for the best prices.

embrik on
    "Damn you and your Daily Doubles, you brigand!"

I don't believe it - I'm on my THIRD PS3, and my FIRST XBOX360. What the heck?
  • Options
    AlphariusAlpharius Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    i'd recommend www.sidestep.co.uk , if it doesnt find it, then it can't be found

Alpharius on
    Check out my 40k blog: WarHamSandwich