As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[CoD] Shotgun Nerf Inbound. Somehow, this isn't a joke.

• MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    They must be having a hard time sorting through the giant fucking stacks of money they've made to pay for dedicated servers.

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    The pathetic excuses about server costs are really just pissing on people that actually knows what the stuff costs.

Homefront has made shit for cash and it has dedicated servers.

How much has Call of Duty brought in so far? A quadrilion jillion dollars?

EDIT: I just remembered, server costs is also one of the reasons Activision used when defending the ELITE pricetag... CoD gamers are treated like dog shit.

Sirialis on
  • Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    The more dedicated servers Activision buys for its customers the less solid gold & bejeweled swimming pools they buy.

• MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    The more dedicated servers Activision buys for its customers the less solid gold & bejeweled swimming pools they buy.

Hey.

Hey.

They're bedazlled. With rhinestones.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Tridus1xTridus1x Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    FAD is bad, I think i'll take jordan's advice and not use guns with zero stopping power.
    I'll just switch it for the SPAS-12.

Tridus1x on
  • sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    The FAD is a CQC AR. if there was a stat for which gun gave me the most multi-kills, it would be the FAD. It's still pretty low damage, but up close it can be a force to be reckoned with.

Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
  • TheSecretSeventhTheSecretSeventh GARegistered User regular
    i keep thinking im going to hop on and play, but i dont. this game just doesnt make me excited.

PSN: DW_Drummer22
    XBL: MightyManotaur
    PA: TheSecretSeventh
    wait....
  • MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    milk ducks wrote:
    In my experience, the MK46 is the best. The rate of fire is high, but the recoil isn't too bad. Kick is enough to keep it under control, in my opinion. You can pair Kick with Grip and turn it into a laser beam, but I had better results with Kick + Rapid Fire. Very, very good weapon. The iron sights are pretty decent, too (reminds me of the old RPD irons from COD4; really clear and open), so I don't feel like it needs an optic. That's a personal preference, though.

Kick+Rapid Fire makes all of the LMGs what they should be: death machines once they're on target (with the obvious problem of slow movement and ADSing to balance that).

The only reason LMGs aren't up to scratch is because they still sometimes lose when they're on target first. Kick+RF fixes that.

Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    The only times I had fun in MW3 were when I used an LMG.

u4OkoEI.png
  • LindLind Registered User regular
    So P90 with silencer... kill 4-5 mans at once than reload and repeat. Its a darn beast!

• HibernusHibernus Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Well, the patch doesn't seem to have done anything to stop me from getting screwed over by lagging people being in my lobby.

and it stops matching based on connection if you're in a party, great job.

Hibernus on
    I'm looking at completed enlistments on Elite, and either something is still broken with the stat tracking or this guy is a fucking hacker. 39 hours played, level 80 10th prestige. His secondaries are also level 11. I'm confused.

edited December 2011
    I think I just met the most furious goose in all of Xboxlive, over one game with nothing spectacular happening I received no less than 3 hatemails (during the game) from him, I looked at his profile and it matches up nicely with a pissy little ingrate, his motto says "SUCK ON MY BALLS!!! U B*TCH!!"... Charming.
    He is apparently 27 years old, huh, could have fooled me.

If only those Player Reviews actually worked and it wont pair me with him again, but they dont work, at all.

Sirialis on
  • OmnomnomPancakeOmnomnomPancake Registered User regular
    Hibernus wrote:
    Well, the patch doesn't seem to have done anything to stop me from getting screwed over by lagging people being in my lobby.

and it stops matching based on connection if you're in a party, great job.

wat

edited December 2011
    Apparently knifing your own trophy system counts towards unlocking Sitrep Pro.

Using! Soundwhoring is how I'll deal with borked spawns and most Assassins.

Also, the trophy system can save you from IMSes with Quickdraw Pro or RL quickdraw.

*sigh* Trophy System. What don't you do?

Musicool on
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Musicool wrote:

Protect Skull from pred missiles

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    Skull2185 wrote:
    Musicool wrote:

Protect Skull from pred missiles

Clearly you're not treating her right.

I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    my brother picked up blops to go with his new PS3. itll be interesting to go back and do a little compare and contrast after playing so much MW3 lately. i figure i'll prestige and run back through some leveling with him.

• MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    Musicool wrote:

That drove me to tears laughing. Nice work, Infinity Ward.

Nice work indeed.

"now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Meh...while I'll complain about a lot of oversights, bugs, and design decisions they've made with this game.

Being able to knife your own Trophy System to level a perk isn't one of them.

• MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote:
    Being able to knife your own Trophy System to level a perk isn't one of them.

Still hilarious.

"now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    MrVyngaard wrote:
    Musicool wrote:

That drove me to tears laughing. Nice work, Infinity Ward.

Nice work indeed.

Considering how hard it is to get Sit Rep Pro I'm not going to complain about this one. Hardly anyone uses bettys or claymores.

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Because Stalker makes them all but useless.

I thought when they said delay they meant something minor.

Not "You've all a day and a half to move out of the way."

That being said I've still managed to get a few people because they're so sure the perk will protect them just by setting my claymore further way from a door.

So while they'll running like idiots it's all "Click, boom."

• BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Goddam connections are a million times better if I just play by myself instead of the the PA group.

Every game my K/D ticks up, like, .001

But my win/loss is going to shit cause going 28-1 on Seatown TDM isn't enough to win the game.

Burtletoy on
  • joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    LIVE goes Silver at midnight people. I expect you all to be there to send me off.

• 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    Way to remove me from your friend list, goatrocks.

u4OkoEI.png

Way to act like a fucking child 100% of the time.

joshgotro wrote:

Way to act like a fucking child 100% of the time.

Hey.

Hey.

95%.

u4OkoEI.png
  • milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    MW3: It brings out the best in everyone.

JOSH!

HEY JOSH

Want my two day gold code that came with MW3?

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    edited December 2011
    I got one too if you want it, but I'm guessing you are probably quitting Gold over something else than monetary reasons.

Sirialis on
  • HandfalconHandfalcon Registered User regular
    Are there silver titles for the shotguns? I looked at the the Wiki and didn't see it listed for all guns. If it is there, is it 500 kills like the ARs and SMGs?

I'm looking to get the Striker finished pre prestige. I have it mastered but was just wondering about the second title thing.

steam_sig.png
    Sirialis wrote:
    I got one too if you want it, but I'm guessing you are probably quitting Gold over something else than monetary reasons.

It's because I don't want to pay for multiplayer anymore.

Edit: Scat is just a gigantic baby who doesn't know when to stop calling people retards.

In Scatman's defense, i think i do have a vitamin D deficiency, i dont think it has anything to do with my level of enjoyment wit CoD though.

• HibernusHibernus Registered User regular
    Isn't scatman still actually a child though?

Technically, no, but mentally, yes.

u4OkoEI.png
    edited December 2011
    One thing I like about ELITE, is that it's pretty easy to spot the boosters.

Take a look at this dudes 5.29 PM match on Arkaden

https://elite.callofduty.com/career/xbox/c2ffd340ea3b71ca85a92bac5675e82d#/playercardmw3

71 kills out of 75 on the same dude, he also got Prestige 10 in 40 hours, nice going!...

Sirialis on
  • musanmanmusanman Registered User regular
    got a MOAB just now, after I got it the next kill I got with my ACR it gave me another one?

Also apparently it comes from a "stealth bomber" on drugs?

sic2sig.jpg
    edited December 2011
    Good games tonight. Sorry for bitching, I think I've got pink eye and randomly having my eye start watering and burning doesn't make for an enjoyable time. Even cooler? Being physically hurt by in-game flash bangs.
    @Sirialis that's the guy I posted about earlier. I really hope he gets IP banned, but I doubt anything will happen.

sPider817 on
  • AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    Wait; why are they nerfing the shotgun?

From the hour or so that I played, they seemed pretty underwhelming.

XBL: Flex MythoMass