As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

livejournal thread

• MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Melding's gonna come to my house and slap me around
    I can't wait

You told me you weren't into that!

also, is this the post your blog thread?

Cause i can do that now.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    my blog routinely gets hits from russia

apparently there is one guy in russia who really, really liked what I had to say about the time I almost talked to Gianna Michaels

• KadithKadith Registered User regular
    oh no, i don't want to look at my LJ again

i was like 12 then

and sooo dumb

zkHcp.jpg
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    post your blog, melding!

I do think I have some genuinely good content from my LJ. Like this gem. And holy crap predicting sharktopus four years in advance. Just gotta find a way to cannibalise/repurpose some of these things for future internet use.

miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
    Yeah, i tend to get hits from Russia too, i don't get it.

This be mine where i write done the ideas i have sometimes.

Holy shit in one day i got 9 page views? man, that is an all time fucking high.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I think my record was 200

that was when I uploaded the story that is to this day one of my absolute best

I took it down when I decided to publish it

buuuut now that I think about it there's a thread somewhere that has it

• TefTef Registered User regular
    Did I miss gin talk? 'Cause I love me some gin. A nice, crisp gin and tonic is fantastic. I tend to cop shit from people who see me drinking tonics because they think it's an old lady drink but they are incredibly silly people

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    It's eleven o'clock, I'm currently working on my art homework, using four seperate pastel sets, both oil and chalk. One is Korean, called Mungyo, and was apparently purchased at MJDesigns for $4.49.
    One is a Weber Costello Alphacolor, and has a tissue-like cover slip that has slowly absorbed colors, creating a pale, ethereal rainbow. There is half of an ancient A.W. Faber, half-sharpened, hidden underneath the pastel tray. One is a Loew Cornell set, the most recent of the group. It was made in Taiwan, sports English, French, and Spanish text, and 'conforms to ASTM D 4236,' or so it says.
    The final set is also of Faber origins. The box reads 'A.W. FABER,' underneath '"CASTELL",' and then "Polychromos," whatever that is. The somewhat ornately decorated set seems to be from some bygone age. The box has a cloth spine, and at one time had two straps to hold the lid at a 120-degree angle when open (one is missing, along with a side of the box). The lid is decorated with a picture of a sunset over a technicolor field, against a maroon background. Two rose trees rise up on either side, watched silently by twin sets of unearthly blue scales overhead, their stands absent. Each pastel has a wrapper that, in addition to the Faber-Castell-Polychromos, also has the scale designs, the pastel color and number, and bears the selling points 'Light-proof' and 'Free from poison.' While the notion that pastels were once made of some evil, poisonous grime both terrifies and amuses me, I'm still not convinced by this set. I think I should probably stay away from them.
    I accidently snapped one of the Faber pastels. I've probably unleashed some primeval curse by doing so. John out.

Man, I kinda miss the days I used to write.

here are the assorted blogs i have on blogspot

I have one tumblr in my sig which is my main internet thing now, and one secret tumblr that I have yet to do anything with.

Then there are some facebook notes that I might repost some choice bits from.

And that, I think, is the extent of my blogosphere of influence!

uc3ufTB.png
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Tef wrote:
    Did I miss gin talk? 'Cause I love me some gin. A nice, crisp gin and tonic is fantastic. I tend to cop shit from people who see me drinking tonics because they think it's an old lady drink but they are incredibly silly people

I think that you're on smooth

smoothsailing1.jpeg

• UmaroUmaro Registered User regular
    Yesterday was my first day off since September 8th! And I also have today off. Woo vegetating.

Dogs.jpg
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    selfy, would it help ya sads if i asked you to help out with my project?

like to help you out, yo. you a good guy. i like yas

• FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    I've pretty much taken no time off work this year, and now I've got loads off during christmas just about to start

but right now I feel like I'm about to get really sick just as it starts, been coughing all morning and feel drowsy

• Day of the BearDay of the Bear The Qun demandsRegistered User regular
    I feel like a really boring person when i'd rather feel like crap on my days off than when i gotta work.

'cause i never do shit other than go to work

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    DotB don't sell yourself short.

You talk to me and isn't that just so much fun???

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
    I feel like a really boring person when i'd rather feel like crap on my days off than when i gotta work.

'cause i never do shit other than go to work

that's pretty boring

Datar, talk to me more. we can do interesting things. we still have that x-com game???

If someone offered you guys the chance to work 2 weeks straight 12 hours a day and then have a week off after that, would you do it?

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    I heard X-com. What's going on?

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
    X-com the two sides. Datar and I where playing it, and i kept beating him cause i made better decisions in combat.

For example, he landed on my large scout full of snake men in the dead of the night.

Lost most of his team he did.

Tef wrote:
    If someone offered you guys the chance to work 2 weeks straight 12 hours a day and then have a week off after that, would you do it?

It would depend entirely on my current employment/cash situation

I did that except it was only 8 hours on sundays because that is only as long as anyone wanted to stay

and no week off at the end

so yes

mmm overtime

zkHcp.jpg
    Tef wrote: »

I guess it depends on what the work is, but right now i'd prolly say yeah

m6eoUgQ.jpg
    Tef wrote: »

i will take this job right now. fuck you can keep the week off.

I did something similar where I would work 6 days a week for 12 hours for about 2 or 3 months I think.

it was one of the contributing factors to me starting posting here, because I wouldn't have had a proper conversation with anyone all day.

oh my god you guys

you guys

let me just

show you this excelent wordsmithing that was just deployed on a friend of mine

This dude has been hitting on her for a while already and she'd been staunchly rebuffing him, for two hours.
    maybe u would be kidnapped by pirates, and they would take u to their hide out as pirates often do, but i would find a secret map and i would vigilante bushwack through the jungles of peru just save u where i would take u north to mexico and u would tell me your life story on the steps of a mayan temple where we would camp singing non sense songs and 12 bars to the jaguars until you would sense me, your eyes condensing and i would kiss u like a hero in the half pipe, dryer sheets and pink shampoo, the smell of pot leafs i would slepp against u until the natives would find us and they would crown us king and queen and we could stay there, spend our days there eating guava by the sea

m6eoUgQ.jpg
    how long did you have to that for kadith? I did 3 months of a 13 days on, 1 day off cycle and I hated everyone and everything by the end of it

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
    oh my god you guys

you guys

let me just

show you this excelent wordsmithing that was just deployed on a friend of mine

This dude has been hitting on her for a while already and she'd been staunchly rebuffing him, for two hours.
    maybe u would be kidnapped by pirates, and they would take u to their hide out as pirates often do, but i would find a secret map and i would vigilante bushwack through the jungles of peru just save u where i would take u north to mexico and u would tell me your life story on the steps of a mayan temple where we would camp singing non sense songs and 12 bars to the jaguars until you would sense me, your eyes condensing and i would kiss u like a hero in the half pipe, dryer sheets and pink shampoo, the smell of pot leafs i would slepp against u until the natives would find us and they would crown us king and queen and we could stay there, spend our days there eating guava by the sea

I'm in.

Honestly I feel like, I just gotta give up

in the face of an expert like that what chance do I have to ever snag a classy lady

m6eoUgQ.jpg
    Melding wrote: »
    X-com the two sides. Datar and I where playing it, and i kept beating him cause i made better decisions in combat.

For example, he landed on my large scout full of snake men in the dead of the night.

Also i should say

I did this or similar not just once, but multiple times

I am, not very good at xcom

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    Good god.

DotB, what'd your friend say? Are they dating now? Moving to Peru?

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
    Well obviously

m6eoUgQ.jpg

Also i should say

and then as the humans i found your base in like mid march?

• FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular

Also i should say

Neither am I.

Say, you want to make this game interesting?

<.<

>.>

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
    To be fair, I had some pretty spectacular victories too.

But the game crashed before we'd saved and then after reloading things went much worse for me

m6eoUgQ.jpg
    Tef wrote:
    how long did you have to that for kadith? I did 3 months of a 13 days on, 1 day off cycle and I hated everyone and everything by the end of it

I did that for 3-4 months. It was made worse by having a 1.5 hour drive before and after work too.

I was too tired to really hate anything, so it was less depressing than my usual summers.

Also one of my best friends worked there most of the time during the week, and my boss was awesome as hell.

zkHcp.jpg
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I am entering my third hour of laying in bed unable to fall asleep. Topics of thought include:

I am not a fun person to be around, my ex girlfriend, my ex ex girlfriend whom I have been mad flirting with, a coffee date I have with a girl from Chicago after break, my father, how I despise seeing my father, Christmas, how I despise seeing my family on Christmas, the two finals I have in 12 hours, feeling like a bad person, realizing I have a bunch of acquaintances that I talk to but few friends, how HUNGRY I am, how good this episode of This American Life (234 - Say Anything, Act I), and many more!

Hey you are hells of fun to be around, if you would just be around more often

everyone is forgetting an important question here

dotb

is your friend hot?

zkHcp.jpg
    I like to think i am pretty good at x-com, i beat the first two on veteran my first time through. and terror from the deep i didn't even get into m.c. control.

I am secretly bad at all video games

but I am better at them than zay!

m6eoUgQ.jpg
This discussion has been closed.