As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chaos] Game 59-Same Game, Different Day

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    It would appear that all of the pictures in the OP under helpful information have reverted to links :(

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Not for me. But you should just slaughter as many Acolytes as possible to ensure you get first place. If it answers your question, no one will get points from their dial on a double-tick.

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Stupid firefox being stupid.

My question was more along the lines of "Can I make it such that two people tie on threat?" But alas, it would appear that it's impossible for the normal gods to tie on threat. What a shame since this essentially comes down to a coinflip.

Characters
    Ahaha, I nearly missed that Warpshock (when the hell did this card become useful) in The Border Princes. Way to ruin my attempts at setting up a VP tie there Tzeentch.

Troll Country: 3 Hits. Kill 2 Acolytes and a Plaguebearer
    Kislev: 0 Hits. What the hell guys?
    Empire: 2 Hits. Leper and the Peasant dies.
    Border Princes: 2 Hits. Dead rat.

For those keeping score at home: 18 dice & not a single roll of a 6.

Characters
  • blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Remember, it's not kingmaking if you're doing your best for yourself. :)

Noooooooo

Minor point of order: Dark Elves should have already been resolved for Norsca.

Characters
    blahmcblah wrote:
    Noooooooo

Oh cheer up, don't you like some fun! Besides, now people have requirements to kill figures that aren't mine in order to win.

I view this as a win-win situation in a lose-lose environment.

Characters
    Except I always lose when it comes down to rolls. :(

@texasheat is up to roll for TC. C'mon Nurgle 'ol buddy, you still want me to hit that Plaguebearer in Bretonnia, right? :)

The dark elves can take my Acolyte.

• texasheattexasheat Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Sorry, bad night for oorkors:
    0 hits in TC
    http://4e.orokos.com/roll/56893

The darkelfs kill my plague bearer in Norsca and Brettonia...does this place corruption with the upgrade? They did die in the battle phase...i know i'm streatching it, but....maybe?

@stever77 the game is over due to 5 ruined regions. You did not win. You will however get your choice at who you want to win. Your skitterleap allows you to pick the game winner, if i'm not mistaken....

texasheat on
    edited December 2011
    It depends on your warrior. Horned Rat is going to be losing 1 figure due to Dark Elves, putting him one short of a domination tie. If you kill a cultist in Bretonnia and he leaps everyone over there then Slaanesh be fucked.

But really, wow, that Skitterleap was also something unexpected. Man I'm off this game.

Edit: Oh hey even that doesn't matter because Dark Elves again!

Aegis on
    Characters
    As for your question, no Dark Elves doesn't trigger the Plaguebearers because they aren't killed, they're just removed at the end of the Battle phase.

Characters
  • susansusan Registered User regular
    Troll Country: 1 Hit! Let's go with....... The Seductress.

2010 PAX DM Challenge Grand Champion
    2011 PAX Warmachine/Hordes Champion
    Congrats Tzeentch.

Characters
    That may be a touch early; Brother/Sister has an attack left...

Doesn't matter. If the Rat leaps to Bretonnia she's reduced to 45. You have a points range of 47-49.

It's mildly amusing how the role of Kingmaker has been punted down to line from me, to Nurgle's Warrior, down to the Rat's choice of two regions to hop into.

Characters
    edited December 2011
    Troll Country: 1 hit? Kill an Acolyte! Seriously? Did I just win? On a roll? THAT NEVER HAPPENS.

Ok, I guess I win barring Nurgle rolling like 3 hits on his 1 die in Bretonnia, but seriously? Normally I can't get a winning roll when I have THREE DICE, much less one.

blahmcblah on
    I've already dominated Bretonnia when Skitterleap goes off.

Although, I might be confusing the Rat's confusing mechanics again so it could very well be that Slaanesh just won.

Alternatively, region order.

Characters
    blahmcblah wrote:
    Troll Country: 1 hit? Kill an Acolyte! Seriously? Did I just win? On a roll? THAT NEVER HAPPENS.

Ok, I guess I win barring Nurgle rolling like 3 hits on his 1 die in Bretonnia, but seriously? Normally I can't get a winning roll when I have THREE DICE, much less one.

darth_vader_nooo_7675.jpeg

edited December 2011
    Kislev: 1 hit kills a Bloodsworn. That's what you get for forcing me to make that roll, Khorne! (and to not piss off Nurgle right before his possibly-game-deciding roll in Bretonnia, but never mind that)

blahmcblah on
    edited December 2011
    Good riddance given that apparently those louts don't know how to hit with FIVE battle dice.

Aegis on
    Characters
    edited December 2011
    Also is it just me or do Expert games seem to go a hell of a lot faster? Like, we just barely got through half the rounds.

We did have a Peace mind you. Fuck Peace.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Are the rolls done?
    The Dark Elves can take my Clan Rat.

stever777 on
    Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
    edited December 2011
    All the rolls other than those of @texasheat and yours truly in Bretonnia are done.

Aegis wrote:
    Also is it just me or do Expert games seem to go a hell of a lot faster? Like, we just barely got through half the rounds.

We did have a Peace mind you. Fuck Peace.

Do you mean Morrslieb? Because we didn't actually hit any Expert OWCs this time. You're right though, Peace definitely sped the game up.

blahmcblah on
    Peace single-handedly destroyed all of my previous attempts at developing an Empire buffer zone while also ruining my attempts at controlling the Rat population.

It was so brilliant in its timing.

Characters
    Sorry, at work, will someone please roll for me?

I would, but I feel like it should someone unbiased. Ah, to hell with it - I'll do it as long as it's ok with you.

• SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    will roll for the rat momentarily

PSN SeGaTai
    and by rat I mean nurgle

PSN SeGaTai
    Oh, good, glad it isn't me. So much pressure...

Nurgle scores 1 hit in Bretonnia

PSN SeGaTai
    edited December 2011
    Yay, take that peasent. No if you score a hit, it HAS to be me...

texasheat on
    Oh, thank the dice gods.

edited December 2011
    Brother dear, did you truly believe I might stab you at this point? Even if you had spread your own brand of love to one of my sweet Seductresses, I still would've taken your warrior. Anyhoo...

Bretonnia: 2 hits means the Keeper really enjoys his pet Plaguebearer. The Dark Elves carry off the Keeper once he's... finished.

blahmcblah on
    Ok, so if the HR doesn't jump above me in Brettonia, i think i win right? I mean, it should be 51 vp's with ruinations and second places. I don't think Tzeentch or slaanesh quite get there right?

I may have mis-counted, so basically, HR, if you jump into brettonia, you stop me from winning, and give it to i believe slaanesh....anyone confirm?

Remember, 5 ruined regions ends the game regardless, which we have. I think it goes to total VP after that, but i can't quite remember the rules on it.

If he doesn't leap to Bretonnia, you'll be 1 VP short at 49 to my 50. Way to give me a heart attack, though. :P