As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

G&T Secret Santa 2011 - Get with the gifting!

• ElinElin Registered User regular
    Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LvSIXWQr1c

Aha! Close enough to what I was looking for.

soempty.jpg
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    There's some creepy Christmas song they play at work a lot. It's got this like, Hawaiian flavor to it and a really creepy Santa who says things like "You've been a dirty girl" and "Come sit on Santa's lap!"

I can't find it online though, so one of my friends just thinks I'm crazy.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    Elin wrote:

This is the best thing. And I'm still kicking myself for missing the Peanuts Holiday Blu-Ray collection when Amazon briefly had it for $15.

soempty.jpg
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    There's some creepy Christmas song they play at work a lot. It's got this like, Hawaiian flavor to it and a really creepy Santa who says things like "You've been a dirty girl" and "Come sit on Santa's lap!"

I can't find it online though, so one of my friends just thinks I'm crazy.

That sounds amazing.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • elevatureelevature Registered User regular
    Santee! Your gift is shipping in two parts, due to circumstances beyond my control. But the first is on its way out, and the second should be out tonight or early tomorrow, hopefully.

• ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    2011-12-13-385-SecretSanta.jpg

Don't fret, santee. I am most certainly not paying heed to princesses abiding to a silly $20 limit. Your gift(s?) should be on your doorstep any day now! Ho ho ho!

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Well now, one of the gifts that I apparently cancelled and was refunded for due to it being delayed has now been dispatched.

Oh well, guess that will be a belated part of my santee's gifts.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Damn multiple people are doing paintings. I feel like I should have done something creative too. My santee should know that where it not for my ridiculous class schedule I would have designed something specific to them. maybe I'll send you one of my leave behinds. That way, you can see a small sample of my portfolio and get a cool fake mustache/business card.

• ChenChen Registered User regular
    Paintings where? Kind of hard to sift through 75 pages hiding under spoiler tags. Also, sorry, santee, I'm not an art student, so I apologize in advance if my gift is bland and not worth millions of dollars in the far future when I'm famous.

V0Gug2h.png
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    I received paintings. 8-)

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, I know I can do better next year. This year I was so focused on just getting the gifts out in time, I didn't focus too mch on personalizing stuff.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    Something arrived. I'm assuming it's from my SS, but there wasn't any card or contact info on it. I'll try and post pictures when I get home.

The ironic thing is... one of the gifts I received was exactly the same as an item I recieved last year. Ironies abound.

edited December 2011
    So I know I was really bummed out about not graduating but having to stick around another semester has opened up a few opportunities already just within a day.

I'm getting a chance to supplement the lack of learning provided by the now retired professor I took typography with from the new type professor, I'm getting to make the website for a professional chicago based commercial photographer who is supposed to be a bit of a name there with another professor and i just got a job interview for a part time job on my campus' Media Design department.

This may not be the worst thing that could happen.

The christmas cheer helped.

initiatefailure on
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    So I know I was really bummed out about not graduating but having to stick around another semester has opened up a few opportunities already just within a day.

I'm getting a chance to supplement the lack of learning provided by the now retired professor I took typography with from the new type professor, I'm getting to make the website for a professional chicago based commercial photographer who is supposed to be a bit of a name there with another professor and i just got a job interview for a part time job on my campus' Media Design department.

CHRISTMAS MIRACLE!!!
    Secret Santa is unstoppable, it can do anything.

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
    It's a Festivus MIRACLE!

• Dr. Phibbs McAtheyDr. Phibbs McAthey Registered User regular
    Santa, I have received a package from you! I assumed that this package, along with the tickets to the Batman Prologue (which I was unable to attend no matter how hard I tried), was the 'full' package you mentioned in the message from your proxy. I took pictures and will be making a post as soon as I get have time to assemble a decent GIFT GET post!

• ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Hmmm, got a delivery notice today. Only my Santa will know if it's my SS gift, or if it's one of the other ... 5(?) packages in the mail for me right now ...
    Guess we'll see tomorrow, yeah?

[Edit]
    Upon checking some tracking numbers, it seems like it's PROBABLY my copy of Fresco I traded for. That expedited mail sure does go quick. O_O

ArcticLancer on
  • SantaSanta Ho ho ho North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011

CHRISTMAS MIRACLE!!!
    Secret Santa is unstoppable, it can do anything.

Thank you, child.

Ho ho ho!!

Santa on
  • AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    Amazon package shows up today, I only ordered like 5 things this week from there and nothing to be delivered today....holy fuck it's a
    GiftGet.gif

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Dog, unimpressed.
    photobucket-2679-1323980964961.jpg

These are obviously blu-rays/games, I am worried in my shopping insanity lately they are titles I already own.
    photobucket-2821-1323980935698.jpg

Not this one! Awesome movie and one I don't own but have always wanted to, thank you!
    photobucket-1448-1323981133730.jpg

Next up, another ominous note
    photobucket-5012-1323980909470.jpg

And this is the bomb! I at one time owned this years ago but haven't picked it up on blu-ray! You are awesome Parabola!
    photobucket-3854-1323980882728.jpg

Happy Holidays!
    photobucket-2675-1323980852285.jpg

Thanks again sir!

• jeddy leejeddy lee Registered User regular
    Oh man, secret Santa you kick ass. It may not have been special wrapping, but I got your games. Pics to come tonight.

Backlog Challenge: 0%
    0/8

PS2
    FF X replay

PS3
    God of War 1&2 HD
    Rachet and Clank Future
    MGS 4
    Prince of Persia

Bayonetta
    Fable 3

DS
    FF: 4 heroes of light
  • XaviarXaviar Registered User regular
    Santee, the interwebs tells me your other gift is at your door. After all my failures, this is the one I ended up guessing at, so I'm anxious to find out if you like it!

I CRAVE APPROVAL.

• DHS OdiumDHS Odium Registered User regular
    GiftGet.gif

So I received a hand written letter days before the actual gift showed up, so I had an idea of what to expect but I actually got more!

Agu51HBCMAI_KS_.jpg

So there's a pasta maker. I'm perfectly capable of making pasta the real way, but an easier option is always nice. Plus it gives my wife no excuse not to make spaghetti (she literally can't cook a thing). Then there's a utility key, seems like a useful item to have. Card sleeves for my Magic cards, I've been on a deck building binge recently so these arrived at the perfect time.

And finally, a magnifier with a claw. I've been meaning to get into miniature painting for awhile, and I dabbled in the past, but this is going to be absolutely perfect for me.

Thanks, jeddy lee!

Wii U: DHS-Odium // Live: DHS Odium // PSN: DHSOdium // Steam: dhsykes // 3DS: 0318-6615-5294
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    5 discs, 4 different versions of the movie, and who knows what else. That is a ridiculous collection of Blade Runner.

And it looks like DHS Odium is all set to avoid a pastah disastah!

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
    Yeah I've been holding out for that version. The only one I can find around me is a single disk of the final cut.

DHS Odium wrote:
    GiftGet.gif

So I received a hand written letter days before the actual gift showed up, so I had an idea of what to expect but I actually got more!

Agu51HBCMAI_KS_.jpg

So there's a pasta maker. I'm perfectly capable of making pasta the real way, but an easier option is always nice. Plus it gives my wife no excuse not to make spaghetti (she literally can't cook a thing). Then there's a utility key, seems like a useful item to have. Card sleeves for my Magic cards, I've been on a deck building binge recently so these arrived at the perfect time.

And finally, a magnifier with a claw. I've been meaning to get into miniature painting for awhile, and I dabbled in the past, but this is going to be absolutely perfect for me.

Thanks, jeddy lee!

jeddy gives the best gifts.

• KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    magic sleeves :^:

www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    GiftGet.gif

Obligatory charging pic: Peanut checking out the package
    WP_000028.jpg

Loot inside: Warcraft Archives (it's a good book, I have the base books), Obi-wan lightsaber (now peanut and I can have duels, because I got this from my SS last year, too. Two tins of mints, which will please the wife, I'm sure, and miniature tobacco.
    WP_000031.jpg

Another picture with the 2nd lightsaber.
    WP_000032.jpg

There was no note or shipping info, so thanks secret secret santa!

I think the Mushroom actually has sour candies in it.

And oops. I just realized that my Santee will probably know who their present is from as soon as they see my name on the box unless there are any other Aarons participating. That's one downside of using your first name in your forum name.

soempty.jpg
  • Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    That lightsaber is awesome.

4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
    Hey wait, you're supposed to craft your own lightsaber!!!

• Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    Hey wait, you're supposed to craft your own lightsaber!!!

I think you're only required to do so once you lose your hand.

4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    Oh man, my Santa's gift was so awesome it literally blew my mailbox out of the ground mere minutes after I received it!

photobucket-2036-1323985074568.jpg

edited December 2011
    Allforce wrote:
    Oh man, my Santa's gift was so awesome it literally blew my mailbox out of the ground mere minutes after I received it!
    photobucket-2036-1323985074568.jpg

Are you saying your santa's gift was.. *sunglasses*.. the bomb?

I'll show myself out.

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
  • LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    A parcel arrived at our house this morning, I got all excited as I saw foreign stamps on the front. But it was for my next door neighbour :(

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    A parcel arrived at our house this morning, I got all excited as I saw foreign stamps on the front. But it was for my next door neighbour :(

MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
    I bet it was your secret santa being evil! :twisted:

• noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Thanks to my Santa having given me the tracking number, I knew there was a package waiting for me when I got home, which let me tell you, made work draaaaaaaaaag.

But anyways....

GiftGet.gif
    Obligatory present with pet pic. And I'll be honest and say that having Malone stay still took way longer than I thought it would, so you all better appreciate his cuteness!

dog.jpg

Alright, with that out of the way, let's open this puppy up(no, not Malone)

openedbox.jpg

Well that's definitely an Xbox 360 game. Huh, it sort of looks like

game.jpg

Well, I really liked the book series, so this should be an experience. And NBA Live 06..everyone knows basketball games age like fine wine right?

And Santa was kind enough to leave the price tags on to let me know what a thrifty Santa he is!

awesomegames.jpg

Oh you rascal you! SKYRIM and SAINT'S ROW 3. You clearly do not want me to ever leave the house again huh?

Thank you so much Santa! Though there's a problem, as I don't know who you are, other than you're my biggest fan of course.

noir_blood on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    GiftGet.gif

I'm lacking for real cats, so when all else fails,
    Use a plush.

Artemis finds something...

Amazonian.

IMG_6460.jpg
    (Venusian?)

IMG_6463-1.jpg

SMB and Bastion made my week, so I really don't think I needed much else.

And what do I see but...

IMG_6464-1.jpg

One of my favorite shows of all time. :P

Sadly, yes, I own Season 1 and 2. But I've never seen the movie, and I'm sure I can find someone who'll enjoy the first two seasons as much as I do.

If not,I'll force them to!

Thanks, Xaviar!

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    noir_blood wrote:
    Thank you so much Santa! Though there's a problem, as I don't know who you are, other than you're my biggest fan of course.

Damn, that's good. When I saw the cases I was really hoping you were a fan of old basketball games or something, because otherwise it would be a bit disappointing. Open them up, and oh hey, two really excellent games. Brilliant work by your Santa.