As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2011 - Get with the gifting!

• Options
    PemulisPemulis Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Santa, I received my other two gifts from Amazon. They are all under the tree now! I am going to try to wait for the last package, but FYI I will be gone the Dec 24-31. My wife and I are going to open our gifts to each other before that, so I might open your Amazon gifts then too if your other one hasn't arrived yet. :)

Edit: TOTP, so here are some puppy pictures!

6518273023_dcccb1c035.jpg
    6518268803_e5f2704e54.jpg

Pemulis on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Don't watch the Dead Like Me movie.

There, that's my Christmas gift to you all.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    strebaliciousstrebalicious Registered User regular
    noir_blood wrote:
    Thanks to my Santa having given me the tracking number, I knew there was a package waiting for me when I got home, which let me tell you, made work draaaaaaaaaag.

But anyways....

GiftGet.gif
    Obligatory present with pet pic. And I'll be honest and say that having Malone stay still took way longer than I thought it would, so you all better appreciate his cuteness!

dog.jpg

Alright, with that out of the way, let's open this puppy up(no, not Malone)

openedbox.jpg

Well that's definitely an Xbox 360 game. Huh, it sort of looks like

game.jpg

Well, I really liked the book series, so this should be an experience. And NBA Live 06..everyone knows basketball games age like fine wine right?

And Santa was kind enough to leave the price tags on to let me know what a thrifty Santa he is!

awesomegames.jpg

Oh you rascal you! SKYRIM and SAINT'S ROW 3. You clearly do not want me to ever leave the house again huh?

Thank you so much Santa! Though there's a problem, as I don't know who you are, other than you're my biggest fan of course.

It's meee! I was a little worried you'd see the cases and just throw them away without looking inside. Glad you didn't. I just sent off the actual cases to you today, along with another diabolical surprise in it.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    noir_blood wrote:
    Thank you so much Santa! Though there's a problem, as I don't know who you are, other than you're my biggest fan of course.

Damn, that's good. When I saw the cases I was really hoping you were a fan of old basketball games or something, because otherwise it would be a bit disappointing. Open them up, and oh hey, two really excellent games. Brilliant work by your Santa.

See, but now I just want the cases or at least the slips/manuals for the actual two good games he got.

edit: Ah, there you go.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    noir_blood wrote:

Damn, that's good. When I saw the cases I was really hoping you were a fan of old basketball games or something, because otherwise it would be a bit disappointing. Open them up, and oh hey, two really excellent games. Brilliant work by your Santa.

Honestly, I figured it was something like that, because that's just how awesome the SS community here is.

• Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    noir_blood wrote:
    Thanks to my Santa having given me the tracking number, I knew there was a package waiting for me when I got home, which let me tell you, made work draaaaaaaaaag.

But anyways....

GiftGet.gif
    Obligatory present with pet pic. And I'll be honest and say that having Malone stay still took way longer than I thought it would, so you all better appreciate his cuteness!

dog.jpg

openedbox.jpg

game.jpg

Well, I really liked the book series, so this should be an experience. And NBA Live 06..everyone knows basketball games age like fine wine right?

And Santa was kind enough to leave the price tags on to let me know what a thrifty Santa he is!

awesomegames.jpg

Oh you rascal you! SKYRIM and SAINT'S ROW 3. You clearly do not want me to ever leave the house again huh?

It's meee! I was a little worried you'd see the cases and just throw them away without looking inside. Glad you didn't. I just sent off the actual cases to you today, along with another diabolical surprise in it.

Oh wow, you really didn't have to..again, thank you so much Strebalicious, I will kill all the dragons in your honor!

• Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    That is brilliantly devious. Well done, strebalicious!

4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    DigitalSyn wrote:
    GiftGet.gif

A package appears! No animals were available at the time I opened it ( my 3 dogs were being fed ).

photosfy.jpg

Filthy?! All I could picture was my Santa's real life Homer avatar... staring me in the face....

reallifehomer.png

WOOT!

photo2ity.jpg

My confession is this is the first Lego Star Wars piece... ever. So thank you very much for this!

photo3sb.jpg

Man this is going to take a while. I have off all next week, so it will be built during that time!

Thank you for the Lego gift! It is totally going on my desk.

Your first? Aw, man, and your Amazon list was just packed with Star Wars Legos, so I found one that you weren't expecting. ;) I'm glad you like it.

And happy new year. :bang:

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    XaviarXaviar Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote:
    GiftGet.gif

I'm lacking for real cats, so when all else fails,
    Use a plush.

Artemis finds something...

Amazonian.

IMG_6460.jpg
    (Venusian?)

IMG_6463-1.jpg

SMB and Bastion made my week, so I really don't think I needed much else.

And what do I see but...

IMG_6464-1.jpg

One of my favorite shows of all time. :P

Sadly, yes, I own Season 1 and 2. But I've never seen the movie, and I'm sure I can find someone who'll enjoy the first two seasons as much as I do.

If not,I'll force them to!

Thanks, Xaviar!

Bah! Well I tried. Is there another show you would like?

• Options
    parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Allforce wrote:
    Oh man, my Santa's gift was so awesome it literally blew my mailbox out of the ground mere minutes after I received it!
    photobucket-2036-1323985074568.jpg

Uhm.... Sorry? :( To be fair that looks like a pretty bad mailbox.

EDIT: You're welcome though Santee! I've heard good things about Blade Runner on Bluray... It's on my list of things I need to get.

parabola on
  • Options
    Xaviar wrote:
    cj iwakura wrote:
    GiftGet.gif

Use a plush.

Amazonian.

IMG_6460.jpg
    (Venusian?)

IMG_6463-1.jpg

And what do I see but...

IMG_6464-1.jpg

Sadly, yes, I own Season 1 and 2. But I've never seen the movie, and I'm sure I can find someone who'll enjoy the first two seasons as much as I do.

Thanks, Xaviar!

May I butt in and recommend one of Bryan Fuller's other shows? Pushing Daisies.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Xaviar wrote:
    cj iwakura wrote:
    GiftGet.gif

Use a plush.

Amazonian.

IMG_6460.jpg
    (Venusian?)

IMG_6463-1.jpg

And what do I see but...

IMG_6464-1.jpg

Thanks, Xaviar!

May I butt in and recommend one of Bryan Fuller's other shows? Pushing Daisies.

LISTEN TO THIS MAN.

Pushing Daisies is one of the best goddamn shows ever cancelled too soon. Right up there with Firefly and Arrested Development.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    Not as much of a fan of Wonderfalls as other people though, though Caroline Dhavernas is cute and all that.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    I've never seen any of his other shows, but it's fine, Xaviar; I have a friend who I intend to make watch this show anyway.

And yeah, I've heard the movie is horrible. But I want to know what happens. :(

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Not as much of a fan of Wonderfalls as other people though, though Caroline Dhavernas is cute and all that.

He also wrote the best episode of Heroes (and one of the best episodes of any show, in my opinion): Company Man - http://heroeswiki.com/Episode:Company_Man

• Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    I'm curious as to who my santa is.

• Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    GiftGet.gif

So, apologies for being so late on this. Received package(s) on Sunday, one of which was from my santa, the other was gifts for my family.
    The boxes:
    2011-12-11115058.jpg
    2011-12-11115104.jpg
    First gift:
    2011-12-11115704.jpg
    I actually can't believe how much I like cyber punk yet I still haven't read gibson's neuromancer, but now I've got no excuse, my face will be buried deep in this book for the next little while
    Gift two: electric bugaloo:
    2011-12-11115650.jpg
    I had started to read this one in ebook form but the photon bombardment on my eyes was too much, so I shelved it. Once again, no excuses! It's probably 3rd on my booklist because of:
    Gift 3:
    2011-12-11115636.jpg
    this book is like 3 inches tall and 1200 pages because it's actually 3 novels together. I'll be reading this right after Neuromancer, it'll probably take me forever so this gift beats pretty much anything as far as longevity goes

thanks so much Santa! Neal Stephenson pretty much singlehandedly got me back into reading for fun after something like 10 years of only reading textbooks for school. This gift couldn't come at a better time, just last week I was thinking "you know, I should read more books" then pop-POP, A few months worth of reading in my mailbox. Also, according to the invoice there's one more package still skitting about meatspace waiting to hit my mailbox with a vengeance. Who knows what delicious content it contains?

now the real question is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdLIerfXuZ4&ob=av2n

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    noir_blood wrote:
    noir_blood wrote:

But anyways....

GiftGet.gif

dog.jpg

openedbox.jpg

game.jpg

awesomegames.jpg

Oh wow, you really didn't have to..again, thank you so much Strebalicious, I will kill all the dragons in your honor!

$5 says it's Golden Compass and NBA 06 in the other cases ;)

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    @acidlacedpenguin Where are your Christmas socks?

soempty.jpg
  • Options

He also wrote the best episode of Heroes (and one of the best episodes of any show, in my opinion): Company Man - http://heroeswiki.com/Episode:Company_Man

Best episode of Heroes? Probably. But I don't know if that show was good enough for any episode to be the best anything of anything. I have so many years of frustration with that show that I'd rather not get into again.

Just never let Tim Kring touch anything ever again.

steam_sig.png

• Options

Best episode of Heroes? Probably. But I don't know if that show was good enough for any episode to be the best anything of anything. I have so many years of frustration with that show that I'd rather not get into again.

Just never let Tim Kring touch anything ever again.

It had a couple of truly great episodes, I thought. But yeah, I feel the frustration. It had so much potential to be great, and so many fantastic actors and characters, and it just felt like is squandered it all. For the record, Fuller's work on the show was consistently the best stuff, by far.

• Options
    cj iwakura wrote:
    I've never seen any of his other shows, but it's fine, Xaviar; I have a friend who I intend to make watch this show anyway.

And yeah, I've heard the movie is horrible. But I want to know what happens. :(

Nothing of note, really. I think I remember there being a pretty decent emotional thread that would have been nice to see on the show, but it does so much to contradict and shit on the tv show. And there's a hook for a return to series at the end, but it didn't sell well enough to matter. Also, everyone has visibly aged out of their roles. It's just an embarrassment for everyone involved.

Also the new Daisy is god awful. Painfully bad.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    MinionOfCthulhuMinionOfCthulhu Registered User regular

It is I! And yes there's another package on the way, I wasn't sure if it'd be there before or after, but after it is! And I'm glad you like the books. You pretty much brought it upon yourself when you said you were interested in his books but hadn't read anything by him.

mgssig.jpg1152dt.gif
  • Options
    DHS OdiumDHS Odium Registered User regular
    edited December 2011

Loot inside: Warcraft Archives (it's a good book, I have the base books), Obi-wan lightsaber (now peanut and I can have duels, because I got this from my SS last year, too. Two tins of mints, which will please the wife, I'm sure, and miniature tobacco.

There was no note or shipping info, so thanks secret secret santa!

You're welcome! There should have been a mark on the box with a hint of who sent it. Sorry about the duplicate gifts though, I was going back and forth trying to decide which lightsaber to get, ended up going with what I thought looked cooler. I sure hope that tobasco sauce isn't tobacco flavored, that would be gross.

DHS Odium on
    Wii U: DHS-Odium // Live: DHS Odium // PSN: DHSOdium // Steam: dhsykes // 3DS: 0318-6615-5294
  • Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    Fuck yeah Snow Crash! I love that book.

Totally not where I got my name, though. It's not nearly that cool.
    It was Hackers. :(

• Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Christmas GIFs!

Onwards Prancer!
    tumblr_lw1hqrrkGL1qei4dzo1_500.gif

Onwards Dancer!
    tumblr_lvypmlu3h31qei4dzo1_500.gif

Onwards Donner!
    tumblr_lw8ye2kUEI1qei4dzo1_500.gif

Onwards Blitzen!
    tumblr_lw9ffr8t2o1qei4dzo1_500.gif

Onwards Dasher!
    tumblr_lvxjypbmU91qei4dzo1_500.gif

Onwards Vixen!
    tumblr_lw3arbGutr1qei4dzo1_500.gif

Onwards Comet!
    tumblr_lw4is1S52O1qei4dzo1_500.gif

Onwards Cupid!
    tumblr_lw8mb2FksO1qei4dzo1_500.gif

Onwards RUDOLPH!!
    Ahh the artist's tumblr account doesn't have a Rudolph gif yet, so here's one I prepared earlier
    rudolphq.png
    Gimme a break I'm from Australia, I've never seen one of these things :P

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I have no idea what's going on with Blitzen. His eyes are like... under his head.

But those gifs are pretty fucking funny.

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    A gift get post a week in the making!

GiftGet.gif
    pass201101.jpg
    A package has appeared from the lands of the far north!

pass201102.jpg
    I really like the goron symbols on the side-

pass201105.jpg
    Shut up Navi, I know what a package is.

pass201104.jpg
    Ooh I like the design of the triforce here-

pass201103.jpg
    SHUT... UP... NAVI! I get it! I know how to open a freaking package!

Let's open it up so that damn sprite will shut her yap.

pass201106.jpg
    Excellent, mail order gifts from the land of hyrule!

pass201107.jpg
    First, the chocolate triforces. As a lover of chocolate and crunchy candy i rank these as SO GOOD.

pass201108.jpg
    A hand sewn Goron doll! Dang this little guy looks really good.

pass201109.jpg
    He's even got the rocky back!

pass201110.jpg
    The chocolate deku nuts. My sister loves these and I'm having a hard time keeping them away from her.

pass201111.jpg
    Finally the 'Spirit Tracks' train. Each car and engine is a gift from a separate hyrule character. Even Ruto *shudder*.

pass201112.jpg
    Heck yes, kinder eggs! I love these things to bits which makes me sad since none are here in the states.

pass201113.jpg
    And the whole haul.

It was only after this post that I realized that i forgot to include a figurine or stuffed animal in this to aid in the unwrapping. My sister's hand is holding up the goron's head though does that count?

Thanks @SwashbucklerXX !

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    I thought this was appropriate for a double post.

Gift sent!

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    jeddy leejeddy lee Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Penny Arcade Secret Santa, you are the best!
    384746_10150415790661502_675636501_8859936_1507000952_n.jpgSkyrim and Ultimate MVC3, best Christmas EVER! Seriously, thank you so much.

jeddy lee on
    Backlog Challenge: 0%
    0/8

PS2
    FF X replay

PS3
    God of War 1&2 HD
    Rachet and Clank Future
    MGS 4
    Prince of Persia

Bayonetta
    Fable 3

DS
    FF: 4 heroes of light
  • Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    Haha. The Navi boxes are hilarious.

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    I have way too much fun being a sneaky santa.

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Big Box being shipped tomorrow!

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Holy crap awesome giftage continues!

Santa :(
    Some slightly un-festive news. We've been extended, by an unknown amount of time. I expect to be back towards the end of January...hopefully.
    If you like I can have the wife and daughter take some gift get pictures, when they arrive.

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    The MantizThe Mantiz BONK! DenmarkRegistered User regular
    AaronKI wrote:

I think you'll find that there is quite a few gift posts with bare feet in them. Mine included :P
    You just don't think to put on socks before you rip open your gifts.

3DS - 2878-9572-9277
  • Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Oh thank goodness, the sock goron survived the trip intact! I was scared a vital stitch would break in transit, but it looks like the rocks stayed on and everything. Glad you like him, and glad that you're a fan of chocolate! :)

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    AaronKI wrote:

they were in the Christmas wash!

also, that sock goron looks pimp. awesome.

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    the_stamythe_stamy Registered User regular
    My Secret Santa is awesome!!!!!

Part 1 of More Than One arrived earlier this week (sorry it took so long to post, camera was being stupid).

IMG_5811.JPG

Thank you so much!

• Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    jeddy lee wrote:
    Penny Arcade Secret Santa, you are the best!
    384746_10150415790661502_675636501_8859936_1507000952_n.jpgSkyrim and Ultimate MVC3, best Christmas EVER! Seriously, thank you so much.

You're welcome good sir! I'm sorry I didn't sent a more personalized package but I've been swamped with school stuff. However I'm glad you enjoyed them! It was weird, I ordered them at the same time but they sent as separate packages from two different locations. The tracking info told me they would arrive at two different times but ended up getting there at the same time. So it all worked out!

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    the_stamy wrote:
    My Secret Santa is awesome!!!!!

Part 1 of More Than One arrived earlier this week (sorry it took so long to post, camera was being stupid).

IMG_5811.JPG

Thank you so much!

is Khoo your Santa, then?

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment