As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NFL] 2007: II

GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, ProbablyWatertown, WIRegistered User regular
edited February 2012 in Debate and/or Discourse
The New York Giants have won the Big Game over the New England Patriots, 21-17.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIc7ClT4pF0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1mDeN0gUjQ&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irFv_EAk-0M&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yz7tBLYgYvQ&feature=related

The bracket from the reads as follows:

AFC

WILD CARD ROUND
(3) Houston Texans 31, (6) Cincinnati Bengals 10
(4) Denver Broncos 29, (5) Pittsburgh Steelers 23 (OT)

DIVISIONAL ROUND
(1) New England Patriots 45, (4) Denver Broncos 10
(2) Baltimore Ravens 20, (3) Houston Texans 13

AFC CHAMPIONSHIP
(1) New England Patriots 23, (2) Baltimore Ravens 20

NFC

WILD CARD ROUND
(3) New Orleans Saints 45, (6) Detroit Lions 28
(4) New York Giants 24, (5) Atlanta Falcons 2

DIVISIONAL ROUND
(4) New York Giants 37, (1) Green Bay Packers 20
(2) San Francisco 49ers 36, (3) New Orleans Saints 32

NFC CHAMPIONSHIP
(4) New York Giants 20, (2) San Francisco 49ers 17 (OT)

BIG GAME LXVI
New York Giants 21, New England Patriots 17

The draft order has also been set. Mostly:

1- Indianapolis Colts
2- St. Louis Rams
3- Minnesota Vikings
4- Cleveland Browns
5- Tampa Bay Buccaneers
6- Washington Redskins
7- Jacksonville Jaguars
8/9- Carolina Panthers (subject to coin flip)
8/9- Miami Dolphins (subject to coin flip)
10- Buffalo Bills
11/12- Kansas City Chiefs (subject to coin flip)
11/12- Seattle Seahawks (subject to coin flip)
13- Arizona Cardinals
14- Dallas Cowboys
15- Philadelphia Eagles
16- New York Jets
17- Cincinnati Bengals (via Oakland Raiders)
18- San Diego Chargers
19- Chicago Bears
20- Tennessee Titans
21- Cincinnati Bengals
22- Cleveland Browns (via Atlanta Falcons)
23- Detroit Lions
24- Pittsburgh Steelers
25- Denver Broncos
26- Houston Texans
27- New England Patriots (via New Orleans Saints)
28- Green Bay Packers
29- Baltimore Ravens
30- San Francisco 49ers
31- New England Patriots
32- New York Giants

Now the wait begins to see who will draft who. Except for the Colts. who have successfully sucked for Luck. So... okay, the wait begins to see if the Colts will sign Luck before the draft or if ESPN will force them to wait until the clock's run down to two minutes just so they can do their opening spiel without getting interrupted.

Resume.

I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
Gosling on

• STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    So who else is with me in riding this Tim Tebow bandwagon until it hillariously flies off a cliff at full speed?

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    right here. Honestly hope the guy succeeds in some way or another though.

Would a Tebow sex scandal be bigger than Tiger Woods' was? What about a dogfighting ring? Sam Hurd's accomplice?
    What's the most ridiculous scenario Tebow could be part of

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    don't say winning a Super Bowl

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote:
    A superbowl victory.

616610-1.png
  • SliderSlider Registered User regular
    Help me pick a RB.

Reggie Bush, Beanie Wells, or Roy Helu.

Yahoo says that Helu will have a big game, but Beanie Wells is playing at home against Cleveland.

Disrupter wrote:
    y2jake215 wrote:
    A superbowl victory.

i said don't say that, gosh

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    y2jake215 wrote:

Would a Tebow sex scandal be bigger than Tiger Woods' was? What about a dogfighting ring? Sam Hurd's accomplice?

A Tebow sex scandal would be pretty huge, simply because of the focus that has been put on his... umm, virtue.

And let me tell you, if it doesn't happen then he must have a will of solid iron, because half the women in this country right now would do anything to get in his pants.

Big Dookie on
    Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    Big Dookie wrote:
    y2jake215 wrote:

A Tebow sex scandal would be pretty huge, simply because of the focus that has been put on his... umm, virtue.

And let me tell you, if it doesn't happen then he must have a will of solid iron, because half the women in this country right now would do anything to get in his pants.

Good thing the other half have taste.

• TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    So who else is with me in riding this Tim Tebow bandwagon until it hillariously flies off a cliff at full speed?

Only if I'm allowed to laugh all the way down.

So the rumor is that Sam Hurd was supplying drugs to NFL players. Like double digit numbers. Think there's going to be some fallout in the off season?

oh h*ck
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Not riding the bandwagon, I'm on the Hate Train.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular
    The drooling, sycophant, fellatist media have done a remarkable feat. They have a large number of third party fans cheering for a sports team from Boston. That's an achievement, to take someone relatively decent, and praise them to such an obnoxious degree to elicit that level of disgust.

6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    Slider wrote:
    Help me pick a RB.

Yahoo says that Helu will have a big game, but Beanie Wells is playing at home against Cleveland.

c's defense is pretty good. play wells

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Podly wrote:
    Slider wrote:
    Help me pick a RB.

Reggie Bush is the safest option, guaranteed to you something. if you told me Wells/Helu had a monster game come Monday I'd believe, but could both fall apart/put up nothing

PSN SeGaTai
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    enjoy this now you jokers, and remember it in 10 years when tim tebow is the new old brett favre

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    enjoy this now you jokers, and remember it in 10 years when tim tebow is the new old brett favre

dick pics 'n all?

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Podly wrote:

dick pics 'n all?

No tebows scandal will be sending women salacious bible passages. "Oh yeah this shit about Lot is dirty just like that girl who made my peter jump."

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Preacher wrote:
    Podly wrote:

dick pics 'n all?

No tebows scandal will be sending women salacious bible passages. "Oh yeah this shit about Lot is dirty just like that girl who made my peter jump."

Gives new meaning to the term hung like jesus

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Podly wrote:
    Gives new meaning to the term hung like jesus

"I'm going to nail her to my cross."

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    I say it every week, Tebow is magic.

edited December 2011
    currently 7-1 with Tebow online in Madden 12, with my last 4 or 5 victories coming in the last 2 minutes, last game with 10 seconds left on a rushing TD from 10 yards out vs. the Jets. Video Tebow is reenacting his miracles one by one. Even the record. He's even completing roughly 50% of his passes

Eerie, EA. Eerie

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    Football Outsiders, on Tebow's rushing ranking (the worst of any QB on their list).
    Not even the most ardent Tebow supporter would be surprised to see the Denver quarterback rank so low in passing statistics, but how do you rush 12 times for 49 yards and get -22 rushing DYAR, especially when you don't fumble even once? A lot of Tebow's runs come on third down, and he often comes up short. He had two first downs in seven third-down runs against Chicago, and though he converted a third-and-16, he also had a 0- and 6-yard gains on third-and-10, a 5-yard gain on third-and-6, a 3-yard gain on third-and-5, and a 1-yard gain on third-and-4.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    I love this quote. Dwight Freeney on their upcoming game against the Titans.

“You never want to be in that situation where that's all you have to play for is to spoil somebody else's chances,” Freeney said. “What we're trying to do is win. And doing that would spoil somebody else. But we're not going out there saying, ‘Let's spoil their chances.' ”

smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited December 2011
    Elki wrote:
    Football Outsiders, on Tebow's rushing ranking (the worst of any QB on their list).
    Not even the most ardent Tebow supporter would be surprised to see the Denver quarterback rank so low in passing statistics, but how do you rush 12 times for 49 yards and get -22 rushing DYAR, especially when you don't fumble even once? A lot of Tebow's runs come on third down, and he often comes up short. He had two first downs in seven third-down runs against Chicago, and though he converted a third-and-16, he also had a 0- and 6-yard gains on third-and-10, a 5-yard gain on third-and-6, a 3-yard gain on third-and-5, and a 1-yard gain on third-and-4.

I wonder how many were designed and how many were scrambles after the play broke down

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7360087&categoryid=2378529
    Ugh. This is why everyone hates Tebow - people like Skip Bayless. Bayless, Reilly, just on-air personalities and journalists with nothing actually interesting or compelling to say so they just latch on mercilessly to the next big thing instead of treating it like it is. Bayless listens to a legitimate criticism of Tebow then cheers it like a compliment, before telling the still obnoxious Stephen A. to just shut up when he points this out

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote:
    Turkson wrote:
    So the rumor is that Sam Hurd was supplying drugs to NFL players. Like double digit numbers. Think there's going to be some fallout in the off season?

Somewhat plausible scandal!!

• hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Now on NFL.com's website:

teeeebowwwwwww.jpg

hippofant on
    Oh no!

smCQ5WE.jpg
    Ugh, I know. Why can you even VOTE for Josh Freeman

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    people feel bad for him and want to send him on a free hawaiian vacation

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    I am so tempted to vote Tebow... or maybe Painter, since he has helped the Colts get first pick.

oldmanken on
  • tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    y2jake215 wrote:
    Elki wrote:

I wonder how many were designed and how many were scrambles after the play broke down

Ugh. This is why everyone hates Tebow - people like Skip Bayless. Bayless, Reilly, just on-air personalities and journalists with nothing actually interesting or compelling to say so they just latch on mercilessly to the next big thing instead of treating it like it is. Bayless listens to a legitimate criticism of Tebow then cheers it like a compliment, before telling the still obnoxious Stephen A. to just shut up when he points this out

I automatically change the channel when I hear Skip Bayless' voice.

On a side note, I've decided to start Helu, Michael Bush, AJ Green, and Welker. Who do you guys think I should choose between CJ2K and Fitzgerald?

tsmvengy on
    steam_sig.png
    I think that Peyton has been working with Eli during his injury because Eli's game has really kicked it up this season and he's been playing a more command style of QB than before.

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote:
    Elki wrote:

I'm going with designed. He's trying to build up an iconic image.

• GyralGyral Registered User regular
    Well, at least Roddy White decided to finally have a monster game when it mattered - the first week of Fantasy Playoffs. I knew if I held out and kept him starting it would pay off at some point. Well that or losing both Forte and Fred Jackson forces me to start all but one of my receivers.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
    This NFLN block is bullshit.

• SliderSlider Registered User regular
    Podly wrote:
    Slider wrote:
    Help me pick a RB.

You mean, don't play Wells, right?

Being that I am currently in Arizona, I'll probably play Wells, anyway.

Slider wrote:
    Podly wrote:
    Slider wrote:
    Help me pick a RB.

You mean, don't play Wells, right?

Being that I am currently in Arizona, I'll probably play Wells, anyway.

I'd go Reggie Bush (can't believe I'd ever say that). Buffalo is awful. Terrible. I think Helu does okay, but with Shanahan it's riskier, though he's done well every time he's gotten the start. Who do you have at RB1 and 2?

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    So Romo and the Cowboys finally had a good game. Can't say much about their opponent...but eh.

camo_sig2.png
  • GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    zepherin wrote:
    This NFLN block is bullshit.

I know. THIS was what we were supposed to raise a giant stink to the cable companies over? I saw we got it on our cable package, I was intrigued, and about a day or two later I was just done.

One-sport networks live and die on the ability to show games live, any game, anywhere in the league, whenever they feel like. The NFL is not structured to be able to do this. At all. RedZone is the closest they can come and that's a chaotic mess for the Sunday afternoon games only. NFL Network itself basically goes dark for the early games. And then they show reruns of all those games they didn't show over the course of the rest of the week, after people have gotten done watching them live.

And the NFL isn't nearly as anecdote-laden as the other sports, which is death when the offseason hits. That's the price they pay for depersonalizing the players. 'Hey, remember that time when.... um... er.... let's check the fantasy report again, on second thought.'

I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Heir wrote:
    So Romo and the Cowboys finally had a good game. Can't say much about their opponent...but eh.

More like 95% of a good game because romo still gave up the ball for a td and the defense gave up a td and a two pointer to give the bucs a chance

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
This discussion has been closed.