As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Be a god for free

RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazedby the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
edited December 2011 in Social Entropy++
Some friends of mine made this game. Just launched today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVPIb1O9f2o

http://www.deity-game.com/

It's pretty fucking good.

You should play it. Also it is free.

8406wWN.png
Rankenphile on

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Also if you download it, for the love of god use the torrent link if at all possible

that's what torrents are for

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    ReginaldReginald When I am Pres., I will create the Department of ______Registered User regular
    Double++ gaming? Awesome.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I really liked that last game you linked us to Rank.

I am gonna try this one too.

• Options
    PkErthbndPkErthbnd Registered User regular
    Downloading (from the torrent!) now. I've gotta go to work, but I look forward to playing this after. It almost looked puzzler-ish to me. Color me intrigued.

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I don't know how to torrenting.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    I heard torrents were the same as murdering freedom, or something.

• Options
    SkulloSkullo Registered User regular
    I'll give this a look! Downloading the torrent now.

• Options
    ArangArang HUEY LEWISRegistered User regular
    Skullo wrote:

RACE

thenews.jpg
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    I thought this was gonna be f2p black and white

Gonna download this instead

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Arang wrote: »
    Skullo wrote:

RACE

I'm 40 megs in already!

Took me a bit to figure out how to make the torrents do stuff...

• Options
    25%

it would be more if there were more seeds

whine whine whinge everyone is wrong but me

31%

thenews.jpg
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Arang wrote:
    25%

it would be more if there were more seeds

whine whine whinge everyone is wrong but me

31%

This game literally just came out.

Like, an hour ago, if that.

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    but it should have come out yesterday

anyway it'll be done in less than a minute and then I will distribute it to the masses according to their need

thenews.jpg
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    294 nodes. 126 MB so far...

Go go shitty Australian internet!

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    and I'm done and installed it

it's so nice

thenews.jpg
  • Options
    Mine is done.

8-)

Go BuckeyeExpress cable internets.

• Options
    Remember folks.

Leave your torrent up after it is done to help other people get it faster!

• Options
    P.S. What is a good torrent program these days? I just realised I don't actually have one on my PC.

• Options
    I downloaded BitTorrent for this, it seems pretty simple.

• Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    uTorrent

just make sure you don't let it install any crapware

sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    www.utorrent.com

Is the goto program.

3.0 is slick.

EDIT: What Tossrock said. Click off all the tick boxes when you install.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    this game looks fun as heck

imma get on dis later and seed it alllllllll the way

19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    Thanks guys.

I probably won't leave this running for long after I download, given that I'm only seeing 0.3 - 0.5kb/s upspeed for whatever reason I wouldn't be contributing much anyway, and I don't really want to sit and try and figure out everything that could be preventing it when there's every chance it's just my ISP going "UPLOADS?! WE DON'T LIKE THOSE" or something stupid.

• Options
    Yeah for some reason the download is done but I ain't uploading anything.

Probably just my location, upload rate and how few people are downloading this early.

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Checking dis out.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    I just noticed the post about this all being brand spanking new.

I guess I'll leave it up for a day or so and see if my speed picks up over the weekend.

• Options
    my main gameplay tip so far is to play it as a stealth game, not trying to kill every enemy before moving on like I did

also, staying on torches is safe as far as I can tell, so use those to plan your route before you move

don't be afraid to jump to the floor and then another torch if you can chain from that torch and in the opposite direction of where the enemies will look

oh, and stay the fuck away from that angel

thenews.jpg
  • Options
    chryanchryan Registered User regular
    Hey everyone, I'm one of the developers on Deity and I've added more trackers to the torrent.
    For those who've already downloaded the previous torrent file and still want to help out seeding, you can add these trackers to your list:

udp://tracker.istole.it:80/
    udp://tracker.torrentbox.com:2710/announce

And from everyone on the team, we hope you guys enjoy the game!
    We're really excited to hear what you guys think!

• Options
    chryan wrote:
    Hey everyone, I'm one of the developers on Deity and I've added more trackers to the torrent.
    For those who've already downloaded the previous torrent file and still want to help out seeding, you can add these trackers to your list:

udp://tracker.istole.it:80/
    udp://tracker.torrentbox.com:2710/announce

And from everyone on the team, we hope you guys enjoy the game!
    We're really excited to hear what you guys think!

You guys submit this to any game sites? I sent a tip out to RPS and Kotaku about it, as I didn't see much on there.

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    okay, I just finished it

I got kind of stuck
    on one stage of the final fight, when you're jumping around the floating pillars and islands, because the remaining torches were so far out I couldn't see them and I just kept killing priests

also during the very final part where there was no clear indication that the angel was vulnerable, except I guess the absence of the blue fire

overall it's a very enjoyable game

the art was kind of reminiscent of a warcraft 3 mod, is that a coincidence or is this based off something else?

thenews.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You guys submit this to any game sites? I sent a tip out to RPS and Kotaku about it, as I didn't see much on there.

We only written to RPS so far but I'm getting around to other sites. I haven't had proper sleep in 48 hours lol.
    Arang wrote:
    the art was kind of reminiscent of a warcraft 3 mod, is that a coincidence or is this based off something else?
    It's mere coincidence :) Although, our game's art style took some inspiration from dungeon crawlers like Torchlight and Diablo.

We've had playtesters give feedback about the same issues and the response was 50/50 positive and negative (people actually liked having to hunt for the torches, haha), so we left it.

chryan on
  • Options
    VoproSTEINVoproSTEIN howdyRegistered User regular
    Gotta say, that was a short game. But a very fun one!

• Options
    WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    I'm not sure if I'll end up playing it, but I am downloading the torrent anyway to let everyone suck on my swedish e-teet

4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    This is really cool! Thanks for giving it out for free!

• Options
    VoproSTEIN wrote:
    Gotta say, that was a short game. But a very fun one!

Glad you liked it! You should try it on hard mode if you feel like a challenge, heh.

• Options
    Little thing that is making the game feel a tad easy, for me.

Pretty much opinions in here, so feel free to ignore entirely and/or call me a goose as necessary. <3
    The attack from front / attack from behind difference does not seem to carry over to chained attacks, enemies can have a fully red attention / notice bar, be hit full in the face and I'll still take no damage, this makes it feel pretty simple to chain attacks together and turn it into a slaughterfest with few, if any, repercussions.

I've taken a quick video to make sure the situation I'm talking about is clear, shoved it onto my youtube over here, once it finishes processing.

Possible solution: If noticed fully and attacking from the front as part of a chain, the chain could be broken, you take a bit of damage and are left in the middle of an area with no chain left, meaning you have to flee in a big hurry.

Overall my early impression of the game is really good, the mechanics feel interesting and enjoyable, the tutorial was well presented without being too long or laborious to get through (which is something some games struggle with), and I'm happy to go back to playing it once I finish this post.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Fyndir wrote:
    Little thing that is making the game feel a tad easy, for me.

It is actually intended for you not to take damage from the front while you are chaining. It was explained in one of the text tips in the first level :) Aside from being able to plan your attacks in advance, we wanted the chains to make you feel more powerful whenever you use them. But depleting your chain supply instantly after using them makes it such that you can't just charge into a buttload of enemies and turn it into slaughterfest.

I'd recommend playing the game on hard once you've finished your first playthrough! It's way more challenging :)

chryan on
  • Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    damn lookit all them seeds, I just started and I'm at 35% already.

• Options
    VoproSTEINVoproSTEIN howdyRegistered User regular
    During the latter half of the game:
    When you first get 10 chains, are you supposed to be able to go through all 10, and then instantly have 10 more? It seems like the power regens very quickly at that point. So quickly it's just instant chaining after the first one ends.

I don't know if it's iintended, but I was only playing it on normal. Hard might remove it.

• Options
    chryan wrote:
    It is actually intended for you not to take damage from the front while you are chaining. It was explained in one of the text tips in the first level :) Aside from being able to plan your attacks in advance, we wanted the chains to make you feel more powerful whenever you use them. But depleting your chain supply instantly after using them makes it such that you can't just charge into a buttload of enemies and turn it into slaughterfest.

I'd recommend playing the game on hard once you've finished your first playthrough! It's way more challenging :)

I guess what was getting to me was how easy it was to spam a group of 4 to death, then back to a torch to refill my chains, because even if I took a bit of damage before getting to a torch I could heal up a few seconds later with another chain use to take down a few people, but if you guys are happy with it then I'll happily roll with it.