As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Move around and stop eating that crap [Weight Loss and Fitness]

• jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    Going home for christmas this weekend, won't get to do any sporty stuff until I come back to uni in january. Gonna gain at least a stone : /

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Ah Christmas parties. Having a Christmas party today for work. I expect I will pretty much not eat anything, unless they actually have meat there. Same for the building holiday party today.

Christmas party this Saturday with friends will be mostly meat and sugar-free stuff so that will be fine.

2 day mini-board game con at my friend's place should have some food I can eat, even if it's just me bringing some Macadamian nuts or getting take-out.

Family dinner at Christmas might be a challenge but will just mean skipping the courses that don't fit my dietary restrictions and eating more of the ones that do.

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    yeah i have become so lax in my eating habits man

i am noticeably fatter than i was 3 months ago

ain't no good

but so hard to hop back on a train fully once you've derailed
    plus lots of eating out / less time to cook thing

poo
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    i haven't been pigging out this holiday season, but there is still far too much ambient chocolate just floating around.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • StaleStale Registered User regular
    chocolate is not naturally occurring.

easysig2.jpg
    but it says "all natural" on the wrapper

Meh, company party actually had more food (albeit the ribs were in way-too-sweet sauce, and the salad was also in some sweet (probably corn syrup) dressing) than I expected I could eat. Doh.

TheStig wrote:
    but it says "all natural" on the wrapper

Chocolate actually has some useful nutrients in it. The sugar they usually add to it, not so much.

Who's crazy enough to eat 100% dark chocolate?

<- this guy

• IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    So I had a physical the other day for my job to prove I'm fit to drive a company car.

173lbs D:

Normally I'm like 160

Also I no longer have 20/20 vision. They rated me at 20/30

And my blood pressure is a little high (but they said it was probably because I was drinking coffee moments before they took my blood pressure)

ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
  • YoSoyTheWalrusYoSoyTheWalrus Registered User regular
    If I was 170 lbs I would feel like I was wasting away

tumblr_mvlywyLVys1qigwg9o1_250.png
  • godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular

Yeah...176 lbs was my lowest weight in my entire adult life, and I was at that for about a month or two before I gained back 15 lbs. Now 176 is a distant memory.

• ThreeCubedThreeCubed Grandma Winky's fat ankles Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    My blood pressure and cholesterol are really very good for a fat person.

116/74 bp when I gave blood last week.
    173 cholesterol, but I take that number with a grain of salt because it's not a true test. As I understand it you're supposed to fast for x hours before testing, and there's no way in hell I'm fasting before blood donation.
    I really gotta learn to get my heartrate down, though. My pulse was 72 :/

I was very proud of my hemoglobin last check: 13.6! It usually hovers somewhere around 12.5
    Woo exercise!

Exchanging our stats like this is something my family does to bond.

ThreeCubed on
    EyQGd.jpg
    Lost 4 lbs this week! Meant to post earlier and forgot. Either way, glad the program is working :D

• That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    I've kinda fluctuated the past few weeks and gone from 218 (pre-america trip) to 222 (right now), I just need to quit eating crap.

I just like stuffing my face when I have a crappy day.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
    Man, I know what you mean. And I just love the taste of milkshakes so much.

godmode wrote: »

Yeah...176 lbs was my lowest weight in my entire adult life, and I was at that for about a month or two before I gained back 15 lbs. Now 176 is a distant memory.

my lowest was around 145-150 a while back. Even @Saralynn was saying shit like "Damn boy, eat something".

I'm at 180 now. If I can maintain this weight, or at least keep above 170, I should be ok.

easysig2.jpg
  • MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    My favorite jeans I have ever owned are now too big. I need an emoticon that is both :D and :cry: at the same time.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    time for NEW favourite jeans! :D

good work!

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    I've the same thing Eddy! All my jeans are at least a size if not two, too big.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Margarazzi wrote:
    My blood pressure and cholesterol are really very good for a fat person.

116/74 bp when I gave blood last week.
    173 cholesterol, but I take that number with a grain of salt because it's not a true test. As I understand it you're supposed to fast for x hours before testing, and there's no way in hell I'm fasting before blood donation.
    I really gotta learn to get my heartrate down, though. My pulse was 72 :/

I was very proud of my hemoglobin last check: 13.6! It usually hovers somewhere around 12.5
    Woo exercise!

Exchanging our stats like this is something my family does to bond.
    72 is not bad at all! Especially considering women do have higher heartrates in general. My lowest is usually around 78, no doctor has ever said it's a problem.
    MadEddy wrote:
    My favorite jeans I have ever owned are now too big. I need an emoticon that is both :D and :cry: at the same time.

Haha, I know! Congratulations! :D

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    well thanks to lack of sleep ruining my digestive system i probably vomited out several pounds of food last night
    fuck

poo
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    well thanks to lack of sleep ruining my digestive system i probably vomited out several pounds of food last night
    fuck

Weight loss the Stale way!

belruelotterav-1.jpg
    Man, I need to get back to going to the gym.

I haven't been in 2 weeks. I've been a lazy piece of shit and I can tell. My mid-section is all squishy.

easysig2.jpg
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    I haven't worked out in two weeks and I lost weight!

my back hurts from sitting down all the time though, time to do some squats and situps and shit

ikbUJdU.jpg
    I don't like all this flesh.

I feel weird. I don't know how you people go around with all this flesh on your frame.

I miss being skeletal.

easysig2.jpg
  • DakataDakata Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Stale wrote:
    I don't like all this flesh.

I feel weird. I don't know how you people go around with all this flesh on your frame.

I miss being skeletal.

We like being cuddly.

Also, shoved a little less crap in my face hole this week. Drinking more water. I decided to clean up the apartment some since people are coming over to party tomorrow night.

Edit: Did the BMI... wuh, I'm obese.

Dakata on
    "Life is a storm my young friend, you will bask in the sunlight one moment be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes."
  • SpherickSpherick Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    I hate BMI - I feel the only metrics you can really use are how good you look and feel - forget weight and BMI. Notwithstanding medical metrics like blood pressure, etc...

So I recently started using Fitocracy to track my progress and was wondering if there is a way to join the group here without starting a new account.

Spherick on
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Spherick wrote:
    I hate BMI - I feel the only metrics you can really use are how good you look and feel - forget weight and BMI. Notwithstanding medical metrics like blood pressure, etc...

So I recently started using Fitocracy to track my progress and was wondering if there is a way to join the group here without starting a new account.

BMI can be malarky, I wouldn't take it too seriously or stress about it.

Fitocracy:
    Group Code: E4YXS

Group link: http://ftcy.co/t1YuXL

• AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Stopped tracking stuff via fitocracy because I'm lazy on THAT front but still working out. Down about 10 pounds, fitting into smaller clothes even though 10 ain't that much.

Power was out at the gym last night for the overhead lights. It's kind of strange lifting in the dark.

Nothing. Matters.
    I stopped using fitocracy simply because I find it pretty useless as a metric for progress. I get that some people are really motivated by the arbitrary leveling system, but to me it's pretty dumb and meaningless and potentially drives one to exercise not in a way that makes the most sense for them long term, but to instead focus on exercises that will earn them the most meaningless points.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Hey

Can someone here point me towards some good online resources for nutrition?

Every time I google for what I suspect are some nutrition-related symptoms I've been having, I end up at some sketchy blog posts that are really just shills for diet books or at yahoo answers.

• Frat GuiseFrat Guise Registered User regular
    Hey

Can someone here point me towards some good online resources for nutrition?

www.marksdailyapple.com/
    www.bodyrecomposition.com/

Not online, but extremely good:

In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan
    Good Calories, Bad Calories by Gary Taubes

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Just took a short walk because it's unseasonably warm out.

Got about a quarter mile done.

Noticed that I tend involuntarily to roll my shoulders back and lean back and too one side when I walk.

I dunno why that is but I think it's part of why I get such horrible back aches when I walk.

I've been feeling under the weather for about a week and hadn't been to the gym since last Friday because I was feeling so crap. Felt good today though and made it into the gym for 45 min of cardio this morning. :)

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Turns out after doing some research my posture when I walk is all fucked up.

I also neglect a few of the stretches I'm supposed to do.

Well if it's warm enough again tomorrow I'll make some adjustments and see if I can manage a whole mile.

• SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    so how did everyone do on xmas

lets all recount how much horrible shit we stuffed in our bellies

also my fiance got me a fitbit for xmas and it is hella swag

tracks food like myfitness pal but also tracks my calorie burning much better and the interface is really slick

• SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    also it apparently tracks my sleep?

like it tracks how long it took me to fall asleep, how many times i woke up, how much time i actually spent sleeping

i havent used that feature yet but it's kind of unsettling!

my bodyfat is slowly climbing back up, I'm around 12-13% now. It feels weird.

easysig2.jpg
    Squall wrote:
    also it apparently tracks my sleep?

like it tracks how long it took me to fall asleep, how many times i woke up, how much time i actually spent sleeping

i havent used that feature yet but it's kind of unsettling!

I'd be afraid to look at those numbers, I know my sleep is shit :?

Stale wrote: »
    my bodyfat is slowly climbing back up, I'm around 12-13% now. It feels weird.

tubbo

belruelotterav-1.jpg
This discussion has been closed.