As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

okcupid thread or i guess general dating thread

• MizuumiMizuumi pet dog you've been eating my video game how could you eat my video gameRegistered User regular
    kay im working on my profile what do you guys think so far

ducklett.gif
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    i have one of these! i haven't checked it in like a week, but there aren't a lot of members in my area anyway.

also, it is gosh-dang hard to find people to date, but i'm trying to be a little more social and hoping that out of all the people i end up meeting at least one will want me to put my/want to put their genitalia in my/their mouth(s).

Metzger Meister on
  • Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    hello internet

it was my birthday recently and that means it is a year now since the last time there was a lady in my life. this doesn't bother me much i had a pretty good year regardless

but i skyped with an old friend recently and she was telling me about all the exciting sexual adventures she'd had that year and i thought 'that would be nice i should start meeting girls again and having exciting sexual adventures with them'

so i am going to have to figure out how to do that

i have heard good things about okcupid from these threads i might try to make a profile there? otherwise i guess i will have to start doing new things and getting out more and hmmm i don't know where to begin really. if social interaction came easily to me i wouldn't be here posting on the internet

but i have zero selfloathing and nice hair and that seems to me to be the most important part so i'm going to try and parlay that into an exciting sexual adventure

wish me luck

• YoSoyTheWalrusYoSoyTheWalrus Registered User regular
    okcupid sucks a serious donkey dick in my area, I tried it for a bit after the last thread and could not find a girl who was even worth talking to over the internet

it's okay though my plan of action is to keep finding these horrible skanks at the bars around here and just continue my only real relationship with my dog who is always so happy when I come home. It is platonic, he is very religious.

tumblr_mvlywyLVys1qigwg9o1_250.png
  • MizuumiMizuumi pet dog you've been eating my video game how could you eat my video gameRegistered User regular
    so the key to writing profiles on dating sites is to phrase all your negative personality aspects as positive/neutral things right

"antisocial" ==> "introspective"

"never gets out" ==> "prefers quiet nights at home"

"horny as fuck" ==> "sexually open"

"self-loathing" ==> "self-contemplative"

etc.

right

ducklett.gif
  • EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Went uptown with a couple of friends the other day. They were passing through en route to an airport, because apparently ours is cheaper than theirs.

One of them is dating a girl who's currently in South America performing some kind of admin job, so his grand plan was to fly over there and surprise her, and as well as his suitcase he's laden down with bags from clothes stores

Anyway because me and the other guy are apparently ten we may or may not have teased this friend about the nature of the gifts he's bought her, prompting a grown man to blush like his face had been instantly sunburned

I guess it's sort of relevant because they originally met on OkC but the whole surprise visit thing just struck me as such a d'awwww gesture

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    Mizuumi wrote:
    so the key to writing profiles on dating sites is to phrase all your negative personality aspects as positive/neutral things right

etc.

right

"likes to put things in butt" ==> "likes to put things in butt"

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I met my lady on okcupid and we've been together for.. a bit over four months now I guess. She's pretty swell.

• godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Has anyone ever used the paid sites? eHarmony or Match?

• TefTef Registered User regular
    I know quite a few guys at work that use it and they seem to think it's pretty good. They're all a bit older than me (late 30s and 40s) so I don't know what it's like for the younger crowd

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    I have an OKCupid profile, it is pretty lame. I wrote it while angry and drunk.
    http://www.okcupid.com/profile/mr_remmington

Also, I have a huge mega crush on a co-worker who kinda shot me down but is still really cool to hang out with and work with. It's not awkward, just depressing. She just said, "I dont really like to date my co-workers" and I was all "well, I'm not gonna work here forever (winky)" she just blushed after that and we never spoke of it again.
    but on the inside I'm all

Bendery It Like Beckham on
  • I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    I'm dating this girl and she is super cool and great

She has like the skinniest torso ever

She's got this great butt, and arms and legs with meat on them and no visible bones but her body literally looks like

- ||
    ((

The minus is not part of her body but it was necessary to move the lines to the right

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    So I have asked out a few girls lately

They all said no. But really, that's not a bad thing. Before that I was getting caught up in my own indecisions and lack of ability to make a plan and commit to it. I didn't ask anyone out for ages, so thinking about people I liked was bad for me on the inside. Now I am asking and even if they turn me down I at least then know what the answer is. I can move on. That seems much healthier.

So I'm not doing so well in the 'ol game right now. But that's okay, because at least I'm playing and giving it an honest go.

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I just got asked out on a coffee date I guess

• Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    Yeah, I get that Solar. I'm actually feeling better now that I'm making attempts to get ladies to go out with me. I've basically adopted "What's the worse that can happen, they say no?" I've learned that it really only gets awkward after rejection if you let it.

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Well I mean I asked this girl out and I was so nervous

But then she said no and I was not nervous any more

I just went home after the thing we were at and played some X-Box.

Solar on
    I know right? I kinda was all :( and then I was just like :| fuck that noise. We have a lot of fun working together and I'm not gonna fuck that up just cause she shot me down.

• I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    it really only gets awkward after rejection if you let it.

This is true of all situations ever

Some people can appreciate and see that you are kind of awkward and will be like "no it's okay everything is cool"

But people feed of how you handle stuff

If you're standoffish and weird, most of the time, they won't really see any reason to do anything but return the favor

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    What I look for in a lady:

Do you want to play THPS3 with me?

• ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I have a custom skater named Fat STAX!

Do you want to play with my Fat STAX!?

I want to fuck kat stacks

lfYVHTd.png
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    If you're at University, get involved in student life

Just do it. Doesn't even matter where. Get involved in the student community and things will start going up from there. This can help with lady problems, social problems, boredom problems, exercise problems. Getting involved can help solve a hell of a lot of problems.

• GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    Solar wrote:
    Well I mean I asked this girl out and I was so nervous

But then she said no and I was not nervous any more

I just went home after the thing we were at and played some X-Box.

Doing pretty darn well with this. It sucks when it happens, but its so much better then spending months longing for something that isn't happening.

The only thing that sucks is I stopped taking my meds on accident for a bit

She deals with me when I'm fucked up in the head just fine

But my sleeping patterns get all janked up

Like I fell asleep at 11 p.m. last night and woke up at 2 a.m. and so I'm gonna pass out eventually today at random, which makes getting to see or or even talk to her tough

Luckily we're on break and I have time to try and fix it.

lfYVHTd.png
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Guys things were going great with my l'Cie girlfriend, Lightning. We've been dating and running from PSICOM for months, but yesterday I caught her making out with Sazh. I don't think I can ever forgive her and I feel so alone right now.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
    Man

Sazh

That guy

That was a guy

lfYVHTd.png
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    #pipe wrote:
    I just got asked out on a coffee date I guess

Afterwards we can maybe go back to your place

Mizuumi wrote:

etc.

right

"likes to put things in butt" ==> "likes to put things in butt"

could i just use that for my whole profile

i mean in the end that's the whole point anyway right

dating sites exist for the facilitation of buttstuff

ducklett.gif
    Mizuumi wanna hang out sometime or like what's up

lfYVHTd.png
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Anjin-San wrote:
    i've got hit on a lot, and sexually harassed at work

i'm fucking ugly, what is wrong with oregon women/dudes

Are their standards so low that I should move there?

you can be ugly as sin if you have a nice body

lfYVHTd.png

s-swordfights...?
    buttfights?????
    i am confused as to why this post was made immediately after me posting about buttstuff

like are making a "buttstuff you say hmm yes tell me more" joke kind of thing or

a genuine request to hang out or

im sorry i am dumb + sleep deprived

ducklett.gif
    you can be ugly as sin if you have a nice body

damn

Mizuumi wrote:

s-swordfights...?
    buttfights?????
    i am confused as to why this post was made immediately after me posting about buttstuff

like are making a "buttstuff you say hmm yes tell me more" joke kind of thing or

a genuine request to hang out or

im sorry i am dumb + sleep deprived

I am literally just saying let's do butt stuff

That was all that post meant

lfYVHTd.png
    i am emailing you my butt right now

ducklett.gif
    that post is re:

everybody

ducklett.gif
  • SenorTacosSenorTacos Registered User regular
    I met my girlfriend of about 6 months on okcupid. It was adorable and everything and on the first date we kissed a lot. You guys should do it to and join. I've gotten a couple friends on it and they all seem to have promising results. If you're feeling awkward about having a conversation with someone online realize that they've put themselves on the same website. Also here is rolo's old thread with some great tips about making your okcupid

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/125135/redirect/p1

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    there are literally no girls on okcupid within 100 miles of me

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Beasteh wrote:
    there are literally no girls on okcupid within 100 miles of me

where do you live

This discussion has been closed.