As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PROTOTYPE2]: Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold - Old Klingon Proverb

• KitsunaKitsuna Registered User regular
    Not surprisingly, I'm rather interested in Batman at the moment, so if those Hunters do turn out to be pets you can sic on people, then my naming choice is clear.

I shall dub them Stan and Ollie and proceed to laugh maniacally whenever I set them on someone.

MGRSig2.jpg
    Here's a new trailer that gives us a closer look at the Green and Yellow zones of New York.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFnQ_Ogjyy0

And, whilst it's old, it also doesn't seem to have been posted, so here's a commentated version of the E3 demo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Caom-NcYUM

MGRSig2.jpg
  • Xenogear_0001Xenogear_0001 Registered User regular
    I wonder if civilians will be little more than meat puppets ripe for the murdering in this one? Seems that's the route they're taking based on that interview.

steam_sig.png
  • MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Some of the civilians looked like they were staring blankly in a state of severe shock. It would be quite bizarre to land and consume some dude then see someone doing that. They've already seen hell. What you just did? Meh.

Oh well free food.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    Did I see Heller do a sonic boom? A new glide ability, perhaps?

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    I saw that too. Maybe he can straight up fly now.
    I kind of hope they don't lose the skill based movement as an option for extra speed in all of this being nice to everyone they are doing.
    As in, I hope it is still there in addition to anything new they add.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
    edited November 2011
    what the hell happened there

Morninglord on
    I kind of hope they don't lose the skill based movement as an option for extra speed in all of this being nice to everyone they are doing.

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Hey morninglord.

Did you see that too?

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

is this a new forum bug.
    be nice if we could delete our own stuff.

edited December 2011
    Hunt. Kill. MASSACRE!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2c5iVqAiCM

I keep saying it, but I can't wait for this. If this ends up being as good as all these videos are making it look, then this could very well end up being 2012's Game of the Year for me.

Kitsuna on
    MGRSig2.jpg
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Looks fucking fantastic.

edited December 2011
    Looking forward to slotting all the movement abilities.

They'll never touch me.

Morninglord on
    I like the looks of the hunting mechanic. I wonder if it will be upgradable to find collectables.

edited December 2011
    I have a feeling the collectibles are tied to people. Did you see that the van mission had various rewards attached? We were only given a brief glimpse.
    I don't think anyone will really cry tears if they take out those orbs.
    Especially given that they were only really there to make money, but they took out money in favor of directly finding your powers.

I reckon you hunt n eat dudes for the side story woi, as well as hunting them for power upgrade locations and hunting them for missions.

This is just a hunch. I will completely admit that I favour this idea purely because NOM NOM NOM NOM

Morninglord on
  • EtherealWalrusEtherealWalrus Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    I'm fucking thrilled by everything the devs are showing us. It looks like it improves on the original in literally every way, and then some.

Also, the Blackwatch guys look really, really cool.

EtherealWalrus on
    Yeah, I'm definitley digging the new design work being done, especially how they're trying to make each zone more visually interesting. I hope the next video will confirm if the Web of Intrigue is back or not, I love that feature.

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    I like the looks of the hunting mechanic. I wonder if it will be upgradable to find collectables.

It really should be, I did everything in Prototype except finding all the goddamn blue orbs (got 194/200 I believe) trying to find them without even knowing which city part they are in, is not fun.

And yes I did get Platinum in all events too.

Sirialis on
    You are a more driven man then me, I just picked up orbs as I ran across them. I wonder how big the maps in this one will be comapared to the original.

edited December 2011
    I did the same with orbs initially nemo, although I spent an hour or so messing around picking them up in central park and times square when I saw the hint text telling you how many there were in those areas. For the rest of the city I went and printed out an online map once I had done every other thing in the game purely because it gave me an excuse to parkour around at high speed looking for them. I only did it to find an excuse to play more.

I was endlessly sidetracked by military I just HAD to crush right that moment.

I platinumed all the events twice. Once the first time, then a second time the week before I did my lets play. Just to get back into shape. I never did upload all those, nobody watched them so I figured it was a waste. Made the lets play better in the end so it was still worth it.

Morninglord on
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I really should go back and finish gold starring or was it platinuming Prototype.

But damn it do I not want to do that tank mission again.

For all the armor missions, go and collect armored vehicles in the freeroam and park em near the start point. Once you have a bunch, blow them up, instant platinum, then just run like crazy down a big street and try to keep all the spawns behind you/stay alive.

I don't like the tank controls in prototype, so I never used them. I have zero tank skill, I just cheaped em.

Who helps the monsters?

A brief look at who we can expect to see helping Heller and Mercer as they cause havoc around New York.

MGRSig2.jpg
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    OMG...they didn't forget about Dana. Yay.

Cool, Dana's back. I'm betting Heller will try to use her to get at Mercer, and experiance a moment where he realizes how evil he's becoming.

55 pieces of DLC?

I suppose it's a decent reward for pre-ordering.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XUSpvdYBdk

MGRSig2.jpg
    Seems like it's not a pre-order thing, it's just that the first print run will have the DLC code in the box.

edited January 2012
    It also seems like you can get them if you do the challenges every week.

I like this idea of doing progressively unlocked challenges to get more in game rewards, as opposed to just paying for it.

That dive bomb ability in the trailer was bad ass and I hope that's in the game normally.

Morninglord on
    The video made it seem like the challenges are the DLC. And the only way to get the rewards is to do the challenges.

edited January 2012
    Not to me it didn't. It sounded like they give it to everyone.
    That video was not explaining the DLC Radnet Preorder promotion, it was explaining Radnet in a general way and they talked as if everyone would get it.
    Pretty sure the preorder bonus just gets you some of the rewards up front.

Morninglord on
  • SlortexSlortex In my chairRegistered User regular
    I really hope that stuff doesn't get time-locked out. I loved the first game, but don't think I'll have time to continually play and keep up with all the challenges, and I hate the idea of missing out on more content.

Ultimately, it looks like they're just replacing the events of the first game with this Radnet stuff. And instead of earning points to spend on upgrades, you earn upgrades directly.

edited January 2012
    From the article linked above:
    Gamers who redeem the code will score 55 pieces of free DLC in the form of in-game events, challenges, avatar items, themes, and behind-the-scenes videos.
    Really sounds like the challenges themselves are considered DLC.

Renzo on
    According to Activision, every gamer who preorders a copy of Prototype 2 for either the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 will score access to Radnet and its content through a onetime-use code. Additionally, the content will be available to those who pick up a new copy of the game at launch, though Activision warned these copies will be "limited."

Sounds like the Cerberus deal from ME2. New copies will contain a code for RADNET on a little card thingy, I assume.

edited February 2012
    Was anyone looking to get the PC version of this?

If so, then surprise, surprise... it looks as though you're going to be waiting until July 24th.

Kitsuna on
    MGRSig2.jpg
    http://www.radical.ca/radnet

Yeah you guys are right.

I was going to get it at launch regardless, but that doesn't change that I think this is dumb.

Eh. It's not so bad. I like picking up new copies of games I know I'm planning to get.

The past 2 games from Radical have had fun minigames that mess with the gameplay in ways that the main game does not (Gamma Golf!). It sucks that they are kind of holding them hostage behind DLC this time.

• SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    Kitsuna wrote:

I really like what I'm seeing.

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet