As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

League Thread: Dragon ladies abound.

• The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    I love me some gangplank

http://i.imgur.com/slWM9
    http://i.imgur.com/TtWkF

The first game I did ok in the jungle and was able to help bot keep the ganks going and I got to the point where I could do a boat load of damage and not die. The QSS was because I was the second one in after ali who would ult, I'd drop my ult and orange the ww ult then qss the malz ult it was glorious. I would then proceed to start dropping mad crits. They are links because they are big pictures cause I didnt resize :s

The second picture which was yesterday I was bot lane with trist against wukong/ashe. My plan was to take very little cs and just harrass while trust farmed. Bought the wriggles to heal/better trade with ashe and we just had enough damage to walk up and kill ashe it was awesome.

gangplank is my bro

anyone up for some scuffles?

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    I really like spellvamp on like

Morde and Vlad and that's about it

• Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Runes that is

• CymrilCymril Son, we just crossed the street. Registered User regular
    I'm thinking I might pick them up and try them on Kennen. Currently running MS, and though I like the extra speed, it's not like he ~really~ needs it.

Shut up Francis. Something about Vietnam. Horseshit.

D3: Cymril#1411 || League of Legends/Steam/Xbox/Origin: Cymril
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    and she can arrow melee to the face when they jump on her

• That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    I love hitting a cross map ult with Ashe but it's also the biggest waste because 9/10 you miss it and think, why'd I do that?

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Have you been trying lifesteal quints on anybody Zen? Or just spellvamp shenanigans

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    I don't even own spellvamp, only lifesteal

Lifesteal quints on ad junglers is pretty great. You can start with a wriggles and have full health on a jungle clear with any AD champion

Lifesteal early + a doran's blade is fantastic early in a bot lane if you have leona or someone without a heal as your support (both things gary has said)

You need champions that do a LOT of damage without items on auto attacks for the lifesteal to be truly worthwhile in lane. On Tryndamere it is absolutely disgusting. Every crit, if you start vamp scepter, heals you for 30 to 40 hitpoints.

Characters who reset their auto-attacks also really get a great benefit from them, such as Trundle, Jax, etc. Wukong with an auto/q/auto will heal himself for quite a fair bit of life.

Health regen is better on far more champs, so I'd only use lifesteal situationally (top players are kind of mixed on it being really bad or not)

• unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    I don't even own spellvamp, only lifesteal

Lifesteal quints on ad junglers is pretty great. You can start with a wriggles and have full health on a jungle clear with any AD champion

Lifesteal early + a doran's blade is fantastic early in a bot lane if you have leona or someone without a heal as your support (both things gary has said)

You need champions that do a LOT of damage without items on auto attacks for the lifesteal to be truly worthwhile in lane. On Tryndamere it is absolutely disgusting. Every crit, if you start vamp scepter, heals you for 30 to 40 hitpoints.

Characters who reset their auto-attacks also really get a great benefit from them, such as Trundle, Jax, etc. Wukong with an auto/q/auto will heal himself for quite a fair bit of life.

Health regen is better on far more champs, so I'd only use lifesteal situationally (top players are kind of mixed on it being really bad or not)

well it definitely scales into late game better than health regen, so if they're torn on whether it's worth it it's probably really really good!

They're deffo better late game

Just some characters who are using it early on in laning might not get a whole lot of benefit from them

Which for those runes is kinda the point

• SwillSwill Registered User regular
    god damn my luck with ranked has been horrible

it all started when i got two feeding teammates in a row, the insisted on going bot as jarvan/xin and both built mejais and a sheen with nothing else

and ever since then there has been one person who has gone way negative, like double digits negative, before the 30 minute mark

it is goddamn infuriating

i'm at 1000 ish right now, and i was at 1300 a bit ago, fuckkkkkkkk

• FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    8->

do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    dayum

jarvan xin with mejais

i want to meet people like this

i want to get in their head for a day and just see what it is like

it must be fucking surreal

19ZUtIw.png
  • FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    newsflash, you're already inside that type of person's head neal

do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • SwillSwill Registered User regular
    its like a david lynch film except all the characters are very amused at a picture of a clown

• nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    am i in your head, jack

did you buy a mejai's on jarvan earlier...

19ZUtIw.png
    I have the (now very, very outdated) player list saved, incase this thread gets locked before someone gets a chance to grab it. If anyone needs it, just let me know/I might remake if I notice. Promise I'll keep it up to date!

• Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Campion wrote:
    Jars wrote:
    there are no minions in team fights. unless they have yorick

which brings me to the other, more important point

ashe gets melted in teamfights without an extremely powerful CC team, and she has no escape mechanism at all
    Besides ghost, flash, and up to 40% AOE slow down.
    summoner spells do not count they have a gigantic cooldown and every character has them

so she has an aoe (and single target) slow, which requires her to stop running and turn around. and then she gets jumped on and dies because she's ashe

also using your ult pointblank to counteract bad positioning (*) (*) (*)

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
    edited December 2011
    It's funny, they haven't changed anything with her, but back when I started playing (and I'm not talking about the people ~I~ was playing with, I mean in the tournaments) she was in practically every game.

Yeah yeah, I know WHY it happens, as new champions are released, stuff gets buffed/nerfed, what's good against what changes and champs become more powerful as the metagame shifts, like what (nothing) happened to Sion, and now eveypryone loves him. I just think it's interesting.

Cymril on

• M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    I wish they would do something more for mf, everytime i see her shes bad. I know shes a counter pick for healing champs or whatever but man so many other range ad are better choices.

And really, if you're picking her to counter healing, Tristana does that, and everything else, better and safer to boot. (btw, I <3 Trist).

• CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    I just wish her passive would not get knocked out by a stray caster minion shot. Also siege minions sometimes shoot you if you get too close to them :S

Dancing Bagel
  • CampionCampion Registered User regular
    Campion wrote:
    Jars wrote:
    there are no minions in team fights. unless they have yorick

which brings me to the other, more important point

ashe gets melted in teamfights without an extremely powerful CC team, and she has no escape mechanism at all
    Besides ghost, flash, and up to 40% AOE slow down.
    summoner spells do not count they have a gigantic cooldown and every character has them
    so she has an aoe (and single target) slow, which requires her to stop running and turn around. and then she gets jumped on and dies because she's ashe
    also using your ult pointblank to counteract bad positioning
    It takes less than half a second to fire. Smartcast backward or wherever and just keep running. With ghost and flash you're more than likely to have at least one of them up because you shouldn't have to use both of them. If you do have to use both you'll probably live for another fight.

Ashe is incredibly difficult to catch once ghost is running.

4484-7718-8470
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I've seen the term smartcast used before but have no idea what it means.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
    The spell will cast on whatever you are hovering over with the mouse. Instead of giving you the option to click something. Brands sear for example would shoot towards your mouse pointer while his AoE explosion would be centered at the mouse point and immolation would target what was underneath the mouse pointer.

By default its bound to shift+Q and the others respectivly. I usually just default bind it to q because it allows you to cast much quicker in my opinion. I also make some smart cast mistakes when im not paying attention. Why yes I did mean to shield that minion.

icGJy2C.png
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    but all the other AD carries can do that, have built in escapes, and CC that isn't your ultimate you should be saving to use correctly
    and they do more damage

not that she's bad, but a lot of the goodness is concentrated in that ult

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
    but all the other AD carries can do that, have built in escapes, and CC that isn't your ultimate you should be saving to use correctly
    and they do more damage

my opinion is that that ult is actually so good that it balances out in her favor

• FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    Frost shot is criminally underrated : ( So is volley Ashe owns : (

Smart casting takes some getting use to, but once you do, it's so much better. If you want to learn, play Ryze, I can't see not playing him without it, and it's so much smoother.

There's also an option under game.cfg (buried quite deep in the install folder, if anyone is interested I'll get the exact path) that they added a few patches ago, fizz's I think, for SmartCastOnKeyUp. Which is smart casting, but if you hold down they button, it shows spell range/skillshot line, etc. Unfortunately, there's a reason why it's buried in a text file you have to manually edit and not somewhere in the option menu.

It's pretty buggy right now, it adds a pause to everything you do, so if you're used to smartcasting, it kind of screws you up. Not really sure how they're gonna fix it, unless they change how smart casting works, so that you can press and hold without a target under the cursor for range, and regular smart casting if there is one under the cursor.

Until then, I'm sticking to smartcast qwer, regular cast asdf, and self+smartcast summoners on t+g. The regular cast spells are useful for waiting to ambush people with skillshots and Anivia does more harm then good when she smartcasts, but I'd like to free up the row for stop/hold, etc.

edited December 2011
    and they do more damage

my opinion is that that ult is actually so good that it balances out in her favor
    yeah, i agree with this actually
    just didn't phrase it right

imo they should change her ult to something completely different and replace hawkshot with mirana's arrow
    because i love that skill

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
    The only thing I'd like on Ashe is a range indicator for her arrow's stun length. I wanna land that sweet sweet 3 second stun and be ready to hop in there.

4484-7718-8470
    edited December 2011
    Sorry about that Tie my friend showed up like quarter way through and then my roommate also showed up was distracted

and well that corki that nunu

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
    nah whatever, it was the randoms being randoms that lost it
    was still fun to play make bank

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
    all that matters was I pushed one of them into our fountain

icGJy2C.png
    Oh god! Free week Ezreal and Katarina. This week's going to involve a lot of facepalming.

Not as much as free Ahri week's going to be though, I was (and still am!) terrible with her for the first few games, against bots.

Smartcasting seems pretty crucial for her. I can't land her shit if I spend more than a second trying to aim it.

4484-7718-8470
    everyone just be cassiopeia and karma every game forever

• Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    How about I just change my avatar to a Cinnamon Bun and unironically pick awful champs?
    I love you, Gary.

Also, I didn't want to reuse the chat joke.

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
    do you know how fun it would be to have multiple karmas leashing multiple cassiopeias and running around juking cass Qs

This discussion has been closed.