As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Pokemon x Nobunaga's Ambition] A wild IMAGAWA appeared!

Gigazombie CybermageGigazombie Cybermage Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
edited December 2011 in Games and Technology
No, really.

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2011/2545.html
It was mentioned recently that a new Pokémon game would be revealed at this weekend's Jump Festa, but no one warned us that this would be Pokémon... with a twist. Revealed at the event was Pokémon x Nobunaga's Ambition, a Nintendo DS title that's also playable on the 3DS. The game is in joint development between Tecmo Koei and The Pokémon Company, and will be published by the latter in Japan in the spring of 2012.
Below is the debut trailer. Other than this being a strategy title, no other details were actually provided.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u34bzH5Eo04&feature=player_embedded

I... I must have this game.

Gigazombie Cybermage on

• WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    I'm still wondering why Kenshin, self-styled God of War, gets Mewtwo.

I'd think a fighting type would have been more appropriate.

Or, considering Shingen apparently gets the Legendary from Ruby, perhaps Kenshin should get the Legendary from Sapphire.

• ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    It seems like they went with what fit the primary character colour scheme the best when they selected companion pokemon more than anything else. While it might've made more sense to shuffle around the pokeymans a bit and select different ones that would have suited the characters of the humans a bit more, you can't disagree with their matching colours.

They got those colours on lockdown man.

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    If this doesn't get localized I will be very very sad.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    Is this like Fire Emblem: Pokémon

where do I pre-order?

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I was excited just by the concept

And then I saw the actual gameplay footage and wet myself

I need this game so bad

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    The in game footage is pretty Spartan looking. Could just be due to it being a super early build though.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote:
    The in game footage is pretty Spartan looking. Could just be due to it being a super early build though.

Well it is only a DS game and not a 3DS game.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    50 years is a Trainer's life
    A wink in the eye of the cosmos

Okay, seriously, why does Nobunaga get all the fantastical conspiracies?! I want to fight Thomas Jefferson with a Starmie!

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
    edited December 2011
    Cantido wrote:
    Okay, seriously, why does Nobunaga get all the fantastical conspiracies?! I want to fight Thomas Jefferson with a Starmie!

Because, back then, Nobunaga's ruthlessness (eventually) started rumours of him being a demon or having made a deal with demons or whatever. So it makes to have them surrounded by strange, supernatural creatures.

The Founding Fathers, being a product of Enlightenment thinking, did not have an air of badass superstition and mysticism surrounding them. So embroiling them in a fantastical conspiracy is just silly.

WotanAnubis on
    Cantido wrote:

Because, back then, Nobunaga's ruthlessness (eventually) started rumours of him being a demon or having made a deal with demons or whatever. So it makes to have them surrounded by strange, supernatural creatures.

The Founding Fathers, being a product of Enlightenment thinking, did not have an air of badass superstition and mysticism surrounding them. So embroiling them in a fantastical conspiracy is just silly.

Whatever. We recently got a game about Walter Raleigh fighting aliens :P

• PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    I am 100% behind this. I want pokemon crossovers with every goddamn thing.

• Gigazombie CybermageGigazombie Cybermage Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    You think Yoshimoto will make an appearance?

• OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    It's always weird to me when Nintendo crosses over with other companies

Their shit always seems too sacred to them to risk letting anyone else touch it

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Gigazombie CybermageGigazombie Cybermage Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    We need a Mario x Silent Hill crossover. DISMEMBERED GOOMBAS EVERWHERE!

• chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    We need a Mario x Silent Hill crossover. DISMEMBERED GOOMBAS EVERWHERE!

No. Luigi in Silent Hill.

More issues means more fun.

• ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    So this is basically a Pokemon strategy RPG that's wound back to feudal Japan, then?

So where the fuck do I sign up?

• SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Cantido wrote:

Also, and this is just a guess, but I suspect Japanese consumers do not give a shit about Thomas Jefferson.

The way most Americans would hear Oda Nobunaga and go "...who?" And you couldn't hardly fault them for that. I mean, you could pick someone from some sort of hugely violent event like the Trail of Tears, and maybe it'd be a bit more intriguing, but that probably wouldn't cut it sitll.

I think I've said it earlier, but I think this actually does something I've wanted Pokemon to do for a decade, if not longer: explain pre-modern history in a world where there are no animals besides humans, and pokemon every goddamn place.

Synthesis on
  • G0DG0D Registered User regular
    Synthesis wrote:
    Cantido wrote:

Also, and this is just a guess, but I suspect Japanese consumers do not give a shit about Thomas Jefferson.

The way most Americans would hear Oda Nobunaga and go "...who?" And you couldn't hardly fault them for that. I mean, you could pick someone from some sort of hugely violent event like the Trail of Tears, and maybe it'd be a bit more intriguing, but that probably wouldn't cut it sitll.

I think I've said it earlier, but I think this actually does something I've wanted Pokemon to do for a decade, if not longer: explain pre-modern history in a world where there are no animals besides humans, and pokemon every goddamn place.

It really raises enough modern day queries worth investigating. Do we drink, eat cereal and cook with only Miltank milk? Are all of our steaks and burgers from Tauros?

Synthesis wrote:
    Cantido wrote:

• SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    G0D wrote:
    Synthesis wrote:
    Cantido wrote:

It really raises enough modern day queries worth investigating. Do we drink, eat cereal and cook with only Miltank milk? Are all of our steaks and burgers from Tauros?

I think the unspoken rule of Pokemon is that you can't address farming Pokemon for their flesh. Even though it seems pretty obvious that it's happening. Though I could have sworn there's an episode of Pokemon wherein you see them catch normal fish and cook them over a fire.

• blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    G0D wrote:
    Synthesis wrote:
    Cantido wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHG-JO8gIGk

So, this game just got announced for the US.

Pokemon Conquest

blaze_zero wrote: »
    So, this game just got announced for the US.

Pokemon Conquest

Oh, awesome. And since it's a DS title I don't have to worry as much about a European release.

• joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    As someone whose never heard or seen a Nobunaga game. It's just a tactics game with pokemon right?

This is enough for me to buy.

This is coming out on Sunday. Am I the only one picking it up?

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
  • TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    Been reading reviews, got sad :(.