As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WH40K] Sororitas wish they were packing Wych 'weapons'. (They're probably fake)

• Options
    TraceofToxinTraceofToxin King Nothing Registered User regular
    altmann wrote:
    I see MR Rose posting and my inbox is still empty. These two things do not compute.

I'm thinking about running a campaign at my LGS and I was going to have each person get a "strategy rating" from 1-5 where when you face a player with a lower strategy rating, they get 50pts more to use for every point difference. So a strategy 1 player fighting a strat 5 player would have 200pts more to spend.

The main reason I'm considering doing this is, it's basically me and one other guy who never lose because we are tourney players (even when we take fun lists) because a lot of the other players are newer. I want them to be able to play in a campaign but not be constantly destroyed and not want to face us. I also may change it from a set points to a percentage so it scales for smaller/larger games. 200 extra points in a small 1k point game is a huge boon vs 200pts in an 1850 game.

WHAT YALL THINK?

Rose PM ME BRAN INFO NOW.

200 pts won't be enough if there's seriously that much of a skill difference.

You need to design missions where it's just straight up harder for you to win, such as 2 objectives, but you only win if you control both, they win if they control at least one. Or, they have a single objective and you have to take it from them.

Generally make them play to a mission to get them accustomed to playing the mission, but make it so the mission is in their favor.

Giving someone more points just encourages them to try harder to kill you, which is usually what new players try to do instead of trying to win the game.

Everyday I wake up is the worst day of my life.
  • Options
    altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    That is a good point. A very good point. I was thinking about taking that into consideration in the missions themselves, attacking and defending. But there may be merit in just making the mission objectives harder for a higher rating. Like, for each difference, you must win by X more VPs, or that many more objectives etc.

Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Can you also hear me laughing?

Seriously tho' he's just a wolf lord in rune armour with SotH and a frostblade that re-rolls wounds. And the aforementioned one-squad-of-GH-count-as-scouts and turn-into-wolfman rules. Pretty sure the wolfman bit is a drawback too, since for all that he becomes hard as nails, he loses all his gear so he can't bypass armour any more. But his boosted stat-line is of Mephistonic proportions, so there's that.

Not about to PM people actual rules. Not after last time. D:

Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    SpherickSpherick Registered User regular
    Maybe the newer player gets to use their mission from the Battle Missions book (which is usually in favor of that army IIRC).

Also, what strategy rating would I get Altmann, do we have negative numbers?

• Options
    Mr_Rose wrote:
    Not about to PM people actual rules. Not after last time. D:

Show us on the doll where the GW legal team WAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHHHed you.

• Options
    I dunno spherick, when I lost one lone wolfguard and a vindi to your entire blood angels army, I assumed we were playing golf-40k where the goal was to have the least amount of points left on the board. You won that handily.

:P

What happened last time rose. WHAT HAPPENED?!

signature.png
  • Options
    mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular
    People got jailed for PMing rules last time I believe.

E26cO.jpg
  • Options
    How rude!

Mugginns, that carnifex pic was awesome. So awesome.

Any tyranid players up-ins that'd be interested in helping me test some lists since I can't get in games?

• Options
    altmann wrote:
    I dunno spherick, when I lost one lone wolfguard and a vindi to your entire blood angels army, I assumed we were playing golf-40k where the goal was to have the least amount of points left on the board. You won that handily.

:P

What happened last time rose. WHAT HAPPENED?!

Look how was I to know that drop podding my marines next to a AP3 toting AV14 LR with Logan & Friends (TM) in it, along with my Death Company by a dreadnaught and my dreadnaughts next to melta toting squads was a bad idea?!!

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    I thought it was for PMing a pdf of a codex

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Spherick wrote:
    lso, what strategy rating would I get Altmann, do we have negative numbers?

I think we should start with me as a baseline, and go up from there. Even when I played, I lost every game I ever played. Even one where I was teaching my brother how to play. Dice don't like me.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    I thought it was for PMing a pdf of a codex
    This.

• Options
    Hah, you could do the old shitty dakka/bols retardo-swap that reminds me of like, 3rd grade shenanigans of "he has a WS of firewarrior, a BS of a guardsman, Wounds of a captain, etc.

IT's all a big circlejerk.

Whatev though. I refuse to spend a $80 for 2 pages of rules. Sorry GW.

signature.png
  • Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    altmann wrote:
    Whatev though. I refuse to spend a $80 for 2 pages of rules. Sorry GW.

IA are campaign books. Not books to sell Space Wolf players new units. Of course you're not going to spend $80 for 1 character's rules. It's $80 for a ton of fluff, a whole bunch of new units for several armies, campaign rules and special missions.

If you're only interested in what it gives your army, then the book obviously isn't for you :P

• Options
    I follow you 100% sharp. And If I played eldar I'd be all over that shit.

But they include a character for an army i play. A character I might want to use. So my point stands.

signature.png
  • Options
    MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    On one hand, werewolves are stupid. On the other hand. Mephiston stat-line.

Matrias on
    3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Mephiston statline with plain close combat weapons, apparently

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    mr_michmr_mich Mmmmagic. MDRegistered User regular
    So remember how my dog ate a Chaos bit?

I just walked in on some hound-on-hound action, as Gimli was gnawing on a Warhound that is now in traction. He's got a taste for blood!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Mephiston statline... so no invuln, and no ignores armor save?

Sounds bad.

(Someone play-test my lists.)

TraceofToxin on
  • Options
    Has anyone heard anything new about Dark Millennium? It seems to have dropped completely off the face of the Earth

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    mr_mich wrote:

I just walked in on some hound-on-hound action, as Gimli was gnawing on a Warhound that is now in traction. He's got a taste for blood!
    You quickly learn how to dog proof your gaming area when there are chewy young dogs around. Or else find yourself with some genuine warhound battle damage, and I'm not talking FB.

• Options
    mr_mich wrote:

You quickly learn how to dog proof your gaming area when there are chewy young dogs around. Or else find yourself with some genuine warhound battle damage, and I'm not talking FB.
    He's nicked a Guardsman once when he was a real young pup, I'm genuinely surprised that he did it because he knows better than to pluck things off of desks/tables. Let's just say he botched his flee roll though.

• Options
    MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Mephiston statline with plain close combat weapons, apparently

He's a wulfen, so rending at least, right?

Excited for the model, though.

Matrias on
    3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • Options
    saluksicsaluksic Registered User regular
    Lol hound on hound.

Mich, I have a cat named Bilbo. They'd probably be friends. He really like knocking miniatures off tables and then just staring at their fallen, splayed forms.

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    altmann wrote:
    Hah, you could do the old shitty dakka/bols retardo-swap that reminds me of like, 3rd grade shenanigans of "he has a WS of firewarrior, a BS of a guardsman, Wounds of a captain, etc.

Well, I was going to do points in terms of x models, but I couldn't think of anything else that cost 210 so I gave up. Sorry.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting Defense Place at the tableRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    OK. Thoughts on banners? There seem to be a few approaches. I'm leaning toward crucified chaos marines for my 13th, but what do less vindictive folk to do make banners? Some people seem to print out or paint on paper ones, some armies have decent 3d ones that are part of the models...what are the options here?

JohnnyCache on
  • Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    WS is wolfy, BS is also wolfy, Wounds are extray wolfy...

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    saluksic wrote:
    Lol hound on hound.

Mich, I have a cat named Bilbo. They'd probably be friends. He really like knocking miniatures off tables and then just staring at their fallen, splayed forms.

I dunno if Gimli would leave it there, he's a chewer. And a proficient one at that.

The damage doesn't look too bad now that I've put the Warhound back together. A quick wash will cover up any areas where paint came off, and the base is ruined so I'll just plop it on a new cavalry base and repaint that part. It does have some gashes though, which will...add character.

• Options
    OK. Thoughts on banners? There seem to be a few approaches. I'm leaning toward crucified chaos marines for my 13th, but what do less vindictive folk to do make banners? Some people seem to print out or paint on paper ones, some armies have decent 3d ones that are part of the models...what are the options here?

unpainted%252520brass.jpg

I have the blank one from the Command Squad set. I'm using Brass Etch from Forge World because I'll never be able to free hand something like that. It's actually fully put together and the paint job is closed to finished now, but I haven't taken any recent pictures of it.

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting Defense Place at the tableRegistered User regular
    I like your wolf'd up champion!

I'm considering printing some but I like the brass etch stuff, too.

• Options
    I like the brass etch because then I go over it with my sub-par skills and it matches the rest of the model.

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    I'm going to put pinups on a valk with that decal paper. I don't even own guard really, but that's happening.

• Options
    XOCentricXOCentric Registered User regular
    So, the advice to shoot at GKs was probably the best.

One IC and 2x GK termies (all that was left from a squad of 10) ate through about 50 Boyz by themselves.

Screw nemesis weapons and screw 300+pts IC's lol. The only thing I might've fielded to stop his one guy rampaging around was Ghaz himself.

steam: xo_centric uplay: xocentric
  • Options
    XOCentric wrote:
    So, the advice to shoot at GKs was probably the best.

One IC and 2x GK termies (all that was left from a squad of 10) ate through about 50 Boyz by themselves.

Screw nemesis weapons and screw 300+pts IC's lol. The only thing I might've fielded to stop his one guy rampaging around was Ghaz himself.

Just shoot Draigo a lot and force him to roll 1s.

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Yeah Draigo on his own is not that bad, he's not especially killy as ICs go, it's the fact that he will always be surrounded by Paladins and can tank those vital ID wounds away from them which makes him a pain.

• Options
    saluksicsaluksic Registered User regular
    I want to get all up in that decal paper. That's really the last excuse I have before I seal my Marines.

That and I don't know what sealer to use.

• Options
    Yeah Draigo on his own is not that bad, he's not especially killy as ICs go, it's the fact that he will always be surrounded by Paladins and can tank those vital ID wounds away from them which makes him a pain.

Shooting single high strength shots at them is an exercise in futility, it's all about volume of fire, high strength or otherwise.

• Options
    Exactly. The FNP sucks if they have apothecaries, in which case, you are almost stuck with shooting them with anything str8 or ap2. even bolters seem nigh useless.

signature.png
  • Options
    Single most effective weapon against Pallys? Demolisher cannon. Or so much bolter fire it makes them roll til the fucking sun comes up

• Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Aka a whole lotta diddley.

makosig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.