As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Sick Tat, Brah

• IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote:
    IpseDixit wrote:
    Moriveth wrote:
    I'm half considering getting a tattoo when my daughter's born. Hell if I know what it'd be though.

Vin Diesel reaching out to grasp The Rock's arm obviously

With 'FATHERHOOD' in gothic lettering, right

Subscript

4 LYF

ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Oh my gosh tommy.

That sure is something.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Actually only the outline was a problem

The filling-in just felt like, hmm, like an eraser burn I guess, though a more severe one

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote:
    Uriel wrote:
    Man I can barely stand getting a shot, I don't think I could do a tattoo.

I won't lie, mine hurt like a bitch, but I am a little bitch, so

My sister was there and I didn't make a sound but she said I was making some pretty gnarly faces
    I had her go get me a Coke from the machine up front because I felt a little nauseous at first, though that cleared up pretty quick

I nearly passed out getting both of mine so I had the guy doing them stop for a few minutes. I wouldn't have known what was happening but I had happened to pass out a couple of weeks prior from getting my ears pierced. I'm a big ole bitch when it comes to needles and getting poked I guess (though getting the ears pierced didn't hurt all that much, I think it was just a vasovagal response).

JtgVX0H.png
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote:
    Oh my gosh tommy.

That sure is something.

I have no idea what made him get it in the first place but man I wish he had kept it

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • CosCos Registered User regular
    I got this after planning it for almost 5 years in memory of my brother. It's been almost a year; I love it and the location, but I wish I could see it easier. We did have some confusion with the coloring; he had the beak yellow and the eye blue before I asked him to fill those in with black. I like the shading he wound up doing in the beak, though.

165310_1613274140358_1491420309_31415301_4156671_n.jpg
    Grey Ghost wrote:
    Uriel wrote:
    Man I can barely stand getting a shot, I don't think I could do a tattoo.

I won't lie, mine hurt like a bitch, but I am a little bitch, so

My sister was there and I didn't make a sound but she said I was making some pretty gnarly faces
    I had her go get me a Coke from the machine up front because I felt a little nauseous at first, though that cleared up pretty quick

You are a little bitch.

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I don't even know what kind of tattoo I would get.

Nothing really has that much meaning to me that I'd want to put it on my body.

• Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    I have basically no real pain response so I think I would be a great candidate for tattoos

I got my thumnb stuck in the door of a BMW the other day while helping my friend out and I didn't notice until I tried to walk away

then he had to run in the house to get the keys while I just stood there and waved the people that were walking around admiring the lights and my superhuman ability to not say ow

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Uriel, it's something that people that don't have tattoos don't get but a tattoo isn't necessarily what it means. But it's about what you are comfortable in having on your body.

No one with a tattoo has asked me what my tattoo means. They just comment on it in other ways, such as the artwork. It's only the people without tattoos that ask that question. And I answer it just by saying I wanted it there.

That's not to say tattoos can't mean something as cos shows with the sine on his back (MATHS PUN WOO) but for me it's far more about accepting that something is going to be on your body permanently than it is trying to find some deep meaning.

Blake T on
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    humble wrote:
    I also just found the original drawing

1zcl7hi.jpg

oh dang, now I know what I want a tattoo of

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    I saw it first Stig.

xet8c.gif
  • Wedge BiggsWedge Biggs Registered User regular
    My new favorite shop doesn't have flash on the walls or in books. Prevents quite a bit of impulse ink.

I ain't never crossed a man who didn't deserve it. - Artis Ivey Jr.
    How, how do you know if they are any good?

And I mean if someone wants impulse ink, what does that have to do with your work

Also why is your name wedge but you have a picture of han?

You are just a confusing guy.

• The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    What is a general price range for a small-ish tattoo?

BLM - ACAB
    Minimum cost for a tattoo most likely geek.

Mine took maybe an hour and a half?

Blake T wrote:
    How, how do you know if they are any good?

And I mean if someone wants impulse ink, what does that have to do with your work
    Oh, they have their portfolio books available. And these artists deal mostly in large pieces. Sleeves, back, lots of forethought and prep work go into what they put onto people.

Blake T wrote:
    Also why is your name wedge but you have a picture of han?

You are just a confusing guy.

Who is Han?

edited December 2011
    Man if someone wants fore thought and stuff good for them, I did. But if a dude just wants something today I think he should be able to get something.

Saying that I had to book like a month and a half in advanced to get mine done.

Blake T on
    I dunno, it just seems like a but of a hoity toity thing to do is all.

• IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    Listen I just want to walk into a tattoo parlor and get "Fert" tattoo'd on my butt

ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    They probably deal in larger artwork because the artists are trying to make a real living off of it. By only doing larger pieces, they're busier for longer periods at a time, and they probably make a bit better money that way.

Plus you get more long-term repeat customers. Maybe.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
    Blake T wrote:
    So a question, is anyone not satisfied with their tattoo?

I only ask as I saw a TED talk about happiness a few months ago where it detailed if choice was removed and we know there is option to change we are more likely to be happy with the result. And as tattoos are pretty much fixed I was wondering if there were any people who weren't happy.

Yes hello this is me.

I got a tattoo based on a story in a book I had when I was a kid, but it's a really esoteric reference to the story, so I always have to explain it to people. On top of that, I found out a little later the story is actually a Zen koan, which is whatever, Buddhism is cool and all, but I think it makes me seem like a white-guy-buddhist. On top of that, I didn't have a clear idea of what I wanted the tattoo to look like, so I just kinda explained it to the tattoo artist and he mocked it up, and after some time with it, I don't like how it looks.

In spite of all this, I really wanna get more tattoos. But $$$

Long term customers and word of mouth.

• MortalToasterMortalToaster Registered User regular
    ok, i've got it down to these guys
    ppjvN.jpg

i'm thinking the optimus prime about three inches tall on my upper left chest, and save the others for later. see how this first one goes and all.

• RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    I need tattoos that aren't butt jokes at some point

8406wWN.png
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Blake T wrote:
    So a question, is anyone not satisfied with their tattoo?

I only ask as I saw a TED talk about happiness a few months ago where it detailed if choice was removed and we know there is option to change we are more likely to be happy with the result. And as tattoos are pretty much fixed I was wondering if there were any people who weren't happy.
    Mine aren't perfect

and with hindsight, I'd change a few things

but I still love them the way they are and I would never think of getting them removed

• YoSoyTheWalrusYoSoyTheWalrus Registered User regular
    I need tattoos that aren't butt jokes at some point

no you don't

tumblr_mvlywyLVys1qigwg9o1_250.png
  • AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    @humble Do you mind if I ALSO steal that tattoo idea / do you have a bigger picture or resolution of it?

C&H was something I read every day growing up and I had all the books and I was a little Calvin lookalike and oh my god it's amazing I love it and this is a run on sentence but I keep going because I love it and could never decide on a tattoo but this is great and wagggghhhhhaiosjdaisjd.

Nothing. Matters.
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Tox wrote:
    They probably deal in larger artwork because the artists are trying to make a real living off of it. By only doing larger pieces, they're busier for longer periods at a time, and they probably make a bit better money that way.

Plus you get more long-term repeat customers. Maybe.

to me, it says that the artists are good enough to not need walk ins.

If you're someone who is booked 6 months in advance, you don't want to do flash.

If you're good enough, you have a dozen people you can call and say "hey I've had a cancellation for tomorrow, wanna move your appointment up?" and they will all pretty much say "fuck yes"

• M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    i think the only tattoo i would get is a body tag or whatever with my time served in the Marines

• StaleStale Registered User regular
    The only knuckle tattoo I ever seriously considered was HOLD FAST

Then I decided against it

easysig2.jpg
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    shoulda got WIDE LOAD

you callin me fat?

easysig2.jpg
    Stale wrote:

I'd totally get that if I was a sailor.

TheStig wrote:
    Stale wrote:

I'd totally get that if I was a sailor.

exactly why I didn't

I love the idea behind it, but I'd feel like such a shitheel getting it

easysig2.jpg
    gonna get

BEAR TATO

edited December 2011
    Nah get

S I C K . F R I E S

On your knuckles and then B R O on your palms with the R spanning between your palms.

Blake T on
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Stale wrote:
    you callin me fat?

you're skinny

it's ironic

This discussion has been closed.