As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[STEAM] DONE! Go post in the younger, sexier thread.

• DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Now you're thinking with portals.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
  • oluapoluap Registered User regular
    For those having trouble downloading the last 1% of Crime Craft, verify integrity of game cache will eventually complete the download.

• subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    DaringDirk wrote:
    Corpekata wrote:
    So yeah folks that are putting their Steamgifts up on the PA group, please be aware that there are definetly people sneaking into that group simply to enter our Steamgifts contests. I HIGHLY suggest you make sure the people that win are actually active members here. Just got done speaking to @DavidPulloff who pretty much admitted he joined just to enter drawings on Steamgifts, and barely knew what Penny Arcade was.

I'd suggest everyone start using the G&T Adventure team as a group since it is far more heavily moderated by active PAers with more limited invite policies.
    Chat log:
    DavidPullOff: fxp ?
    Corpekata: hey, you won my Sgifts contest, but dont recognize you from PA, can you link me your PA profile?
    DavidPullOff: ok just a second
    Corpekata: or just post in the Steam thread that's probably easier
    DavidPullOff: my penny arcade acount is dudiking
    Corpekata: I can't really look you up, if you post in the thread or link me would be much easier
    DavidPullOff: i dont realy good at english
    DavidPullOff: ok
    DavidPullOff: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/profile
    DavidPullOff: it is the link for my prifile
    Corpekata: That just links back to whoever clicks it's profile ><
    Corpekata: post in the thread, much easier
    DavidPullOff: wich thread
    Corpekata: The steam thread
    DavidPullOff: can you send me a link to the thread
    Corpekata: Do you actually post at Penny Arcade?
    DavidPullOff: not realy
    Corpekata: or did you join the group for Steamgifts?
    DavidPullOff: i joined the steamgifts
    Corpekata: Ok, well, my contest was for members of the PA forum dude, I'm going to ask the admins to reroll it, sorry.'
    DavidPullOff: :(
    DavidPullOff: wait
    DavidPullOff: if i will post in the fourum
    DavidPullOff: can you give me another chance ?
    Corpekata: The idea behind it is for people that have been there for months
    Corpekata: and are active community members
    DavidPullOff: if
    DavidPullOff: ill do a give away
    DavidPullOff: for penny arcade ?
    DavidPullOff: i can do a humble bundle
    Corpekata: No, sorry dude. The idea behind the forum is not free games
    Corpekata: I made that giveaway for my friends
    DavidPullOff is now Offline.

He then changed his name. Profile link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198007349301
    If you entered my giveaway I'll be asking for a reroll so you dont lose your points.

Gorramit. I'm enjoying main PA chatroom, too.

Edit: At any rate, join my AudioSurf contest, you PA REGULARS, and g'night! See y'all on Christmas!

Whoa, people are actually USING the PA chat room? Awesome, I really hope that continues now and it becomes a proper community hub.

Because as it currently stands, there are literally DOZENS and DOZENS of completely defunct PA sub-groups that were each set up for one game and then never used ever again for anything. Ever. Most occasions you were fortunate if they even saw 2 weeks of actual activity.

If we can stop doing that, and instead start getting together in the main PA group for organising the less commonly played games (Having a group for L4D makes sense, having one for Bioshock 2 multiplayer probably doesn't I'm afraid), I think it would probably benefit everyone.

Heck, I'm way more active over here than the RockPaperShotgun forums, but when I wanted to play Alien Swarm with a bunch of non-jerks I didn't play it with anyone from here, I went to the RPS group, got together with some dudes, and had a blast even though we were all largely bad at the game. All because there are people hanging out in THAT chat room. We have a PA Alien Swarm group. It was empty after a week, if that.

So yeah, I think more of that sort of thing, less of the making disposable groups thing would be a big benefit for everyone.

subedii on
  • EmpiricalEmpirical USARegistered User regular
    @Elimination

That is fantastic. Well done good sir.

@subedii

I support this. I just bought Brink the other day and would love to see a group get together or something, as my options otherwise are not looking optimistic.

Poop nuggets.
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    subedii wrote:
    DaringDirk wrote:
    Corpekata wrote:
    So yeah folks that are putting their Steamgifts up on the PA group, please be aware that there are definetly people sneaking into that group simply to enter our Steamgifts contests. I HIGHLY suggest you make sure the people that win are actually active members here. Just got done speaking to @DavidPulloff who pretty much admitted he joined just to enter drawings on Steamgifts, and barely knew what Penny Arcade was.

I'd suggest everyone start using the G&T Adventure team as a group since it is far more heavily moderated by active PAers with more limited invite policies.
    Chat log:
    Corpekata: hey, you won my Sgifts contest, but dont recognize you from PA, can you link me your PA profile?
    Corpekata: I can't really look you up, if you post in the thread or link me would be much easier
    Corpekata: Ok, well, my contest was for members of the PA forum dude, I'm going to ask the admins to reroll it, sorry.'

He then changed his name. Profile link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198007349301
    If you entered my giveaway I'll be asking for a reroll so you dont lose your points.

Gorramit. I'm enjoying main PA chatroom, too.

Edit: At any rate, join my AudioSurf contest, you PA REGULARS, and g'night! See y'all on Christmas!

Whoa, people are actually USING the PA chat room. Awesome, I really hope that continues now and it becomes a proper community hub.

Because as it currently stands, there are literally DOZENS and DOZENS of completely defunct PA sub-groups that were each set up for one game and then never used ever again for anything. Ever. Most occasions you were fortunate if they even saw 2 weeks of actual activity.

If we can stop doing that, and instead start getting together in the main PA group for organising the less commonly played games (Having a group for L4D makes sense, having one for Bioshock 2 multiplayer probably doesn't I'm afraid), I think it would probably benefit everyone.

Heck, I'm way more active over here than the RockPaperShotgun forums, but when I wanted to play Alien Swarm with a bunch of non-jerks I didn't play it with anyone from here, I went to the RPS group, got together with some dudes, and had a blast even though we were all largely bad at the game. All because there are people hanging out in THAT chat room. We have a PA Alien Swarm group. It was empty after a week, if that.

So yeah, I think more of that sort of thing, less of the making disposable groups thing would be a big benefit for everyone.

The thing that was nice a out the smaller groups is tht you could actually see the member list in the group view, which made it possible to see when people are actually playing it. Even adventure team is too large for this

steam_sig.png
  • JMan711JMan711 6'8" weighs a f*&#ing ton He's coming, he's coming, he's comingRegistered User regular
    A big thanks to @Stragint I just won his giveaway of the two Penny-Arcade games! Thank you you classy gent!

steam_sig.png
  • RhileyRhiley Registered User regular
    I was on my way to my parents internetless hellhole when someone crossed the median on the interstate blocking it for 6 hours so I turned around and came back home. If I had won my contest I could have known to avoid the entire mess.

signature.png

2013 Prime Omeganaut
  • LepwaveLepwave Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote:

I'd suggest everyone start using the G&T Adventure team giveaway as a group since it is far more heavily moderated by active PAers with more limited invite policies.
    Chat log:

And if you're inviting people, please start checking people out more. I know this is kind of a depressing not to start Christmas on, but thought I should warn people.

Amusing, this guy is a friend of that sroz0 character that came in last night, so I'm assuming that dick invite him into the group.

XBL/CoX tags - Lepwave/@Lepwave
    steam_sig.png
    Spoit wrote:
    The thing that was nice a out the smaller groups is tht you could actually see the member list in the group view, which made it possible to see when people are actually playing it. Even adventure team is too large for this

I can appreciate that, but I don't want to have a dozen different groups in my friends list, all pretty much empty and useless. At least with a regular "go-to" place, people know where they can congregate if they want to get a coop partner or two for some random game (or organise a quick HL2 Deathmath) instead of having to form a group for it. Like I said, for commonly played games it makes sense. But if I want somebody to play Renegade Ops with for example, making a whole Steam group for it would just be kind of pointless.

• RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    I went in to a food induced coma and awoke to discover that I had won PMAvers' contest for Amnesia.
    Awesome!

Rizzi wrote:
    I went in to a food induced coma and awoke to discover that I had won PMAvers' contest for Amnesia.
    Awesome!

Good thing you caught up on your sleep...

I am not afraid.
    Yet.

• tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    Merry Christmas to all of you--but especially to @Ruiner999, a dapper fellow who shares puzzle games such as Saira with undeserving scum such as myself.

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • symbolsorsymbolsor Registered User regular
    I was just about to hit the sack when @DocShifty gifted me all the Dungeon Defenders DLC. You are a boss sir. A classy boss.

Best Christmas or best Christmas?

• tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    In keeping with the holiday spirit, one of my wins left me with an extra copy of VVVVVV.

I would like to correct that issue.

The giveaway will last until 9am PST. Merry Christmas, courtly men and women of Monocle City.

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I saw the talk of people joining the steam group just to mooch at the beginning of the thread. And as I both didn't want to be accused of silly goosery myself, and wanted to tip the balance back towards classiness, my request to join the group was accompanied by a giveaway for 2 copies of both Borderlands GotY and E.Y.E, which were quickly snatched up.
    I've also only entered into one seemingly popular giveaway, and don't think I'll be entering any others.

So, don't let the leechers ruin your holiday spirit, and have a Merry Christmas. (or your winter holiday of choice.)

• NateVaderNateVader Registered User regular
    I have to give a big thanks to everyone who talked up Recettear a couple days ago. I loaded it up last night and proceeded to play for 7 hours straight until I was forced to go to bed around 5am. You classy bastards!

And a Merry Christmas to all! May your wishlists be decimated and your cheevo rewards be coupon-less!

steam_sig.png
  • HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    Just FYI, as I'm gonna hang out in the Christmas Hangout for a while, Kristmas Kthulhu and Pierceneck won my Skyrim giveaway. You guys should hang out over there too. :)

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    What is the Christmas Hangout?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Oh man, two winners? Classiest of the classy handgimp

steam_sig.png
  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    This is the only thread I've been following since the sale started, I might venture out to that christmas hangout you speak of.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
  • The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Stragint wrote:
    What is the Christmas Hangout?
    This thing. You are to abandon this thread in favour of the one there. No exceptions.

The Anonymous on
  • ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Oh, huh. I got a 50% off Kalypso coupon doing Hard Reset, then I looked and it's a Golden Coupon.

It's not a major difference compared to getting one of the games on the Daily, I think? I'm trying to look back and I think Tropico 4 was going for $13.59 on the Daily, I could get it now with the coupon for $10.00.

Still, the best coupon I've gotten so far.

• Free Giraffe Rides!!!Free Giraffe Rides!!! Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Yes, we should switch to that other thread.

In case there are some interested stragglers, I'm reposting a giveaway here:

EDIT: The contest is now closed. Thanks to everyone who entered!

resetblingee.gif

needs more glitter

To enter, PM me a suggested addition to the laws of robotics. I'll pick the best entry I've received in a day or two and send that person a gift.

Happy Pagan Solstice Festival!

Free Giraffe Rides!!! on
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • AsheAshe Registered User regular
    Merry cakemas and happy Steam sales, Steam thread! May SantaNewell keep delivering all the gaming goodness you've dreamed of!

steam_sig.png
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Although I posted this in the Christmas hangout thread, it deserves mentioning shading because of class.

I wake up to find two emails from steam. It appears @dyvim tvar wished to aid Japan by gifting me Shogun dlc, Rise of the Samurai. How very classy and noble of you!

And @corky,, not one to forget a wager (despite the fact I did lol), gifted Me the Wings of Prey dlc because I bet him skyrim would go on sale. Thanks man! May your Christmas be the merriest of all!

• HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Shout out to @I needed a name to post. , @AnteCantelope and @APODIONYSUS for gifting me Sequence, Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition and Hard Reset. :D

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    @PatBoyX is the classiest gent in the world for gifting me a copy of Greed Corp! I'm trying to download it now for the airplane. :D

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • TPSouTPSou Mr Registered User regular
    Just thought I'd log on and say Merry Christmas! @Antecantelope classily gave me my first Christmas present with Hard Reset, looking forward to giving it a go when I get back home later.

Aside from all the goons trying to get free stuff for nothing, this thread has been awesome this year. First year I've been very active in it but a lot of you are not only generous, but great people too, I've had a medical mystery brain thing going on since October that's had me pretty down and this place always cheers me up, so thank you!

Once again, merry Christmas!

• DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Damn, this thread is impossible to keep up with. I go to bed and you people make a million pages.

Merry Christms from Europe!

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
    Merry Christmas, TPSou! Hope you're feeling better. :D

P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    @TPSou get better man! <3

@Everyone Else I have crunched the numbers. They are crunched. I can't gift you guys anymore and still afford a laptop. I am sorry. My classiness... is spent. :<

Oh brilliant
  • darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    So I had to create two entries because of the contest restrictions but here ya go:

http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/A8Y4Y/borderlands-game-of-the-year
    http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/Gqjmz/borderlands-game-of-the-year

Two chances to win Borderlands and all the DLC. If you don't have it already get up on this shit.

Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
    Well. Amnesia is unnerving.
    Time to go eat some leftovers and calm down a little.

• EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    the person who won my giveaway is Achilles Last Stand...ive never heard of him or seen him post in here under that name. Anyone know him/her?

PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Ok, that Jamestown achievement was just coimpleting the game with the default ship, now red during the holiday? I managed to do that, despite being rusty as shit due to not having played it for ~6 months, but no ahievement4u?

Panda4You on
  • cckerberoscckerberos Registered User regular
    Panda4You wrote:
    Ok, that Jamestown achievement was just coimpleting the game with the default ship, now red during the holiday? I managed to do that, despite being rusty as shit due to not having played it for ~6 months, but no ahievement4u?
    The achievement is for beating a mission with the Red Charge ship.

cckerberos.png
  • SquiddyBiscuitSquiddyBiscuit Registered User regular
    Yes, we should switch to that other thread.

In case there are some interested stragglers, I'm reposting a giveaway here:

Do you like old-school shooters like Doom, Quake, Painkiller, or Serious Sam?

Do you like Blade Runner?

Then enter my giveaway for a free copy of Hard Reset!

resetblingee.gif

needs more glitter

To enter, PM me a suggested addition to the laws of robotics. I'll pick the best entry I've received in a day or two and send that person a gift.

Happy Pagan Solstice Festival!
    This is my favorite giveaway, right down my alley :D

steam_sig.png
    edited December 2011
    Super duper mega thanks to @Tef gifting me not one, but FOUR games! Crysis, Beat Hazard, Naval Warfare and Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit! <3 This guy right here is pure class :D

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
This discussion has been closed.