Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Phalla] Ad Astra Per Phalla: Finale - Humanity Enslaved

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Titmouse wrote: »
    Kin33 wrote: »
    I vote for DETHKOK

Yeah, cause of his name.

And GrundlTerror, it was someone in my guild who mentioned this early before they died. Give me a better target to vote for. I really don't think tehspectre is an alien. That sounds WAY to boneheaded for him if he was one. And I'm not feeling the whole squashua thing.

!i vote for dethkok. cause what he said. and yeah, the name. haaaaate the name.
    I could understand doing that if this was the first or second day. I can't understand doing that the third day when we have three people who have done stuff to make them suspects. It would make more sense not to cast that kind of vote if you don't think the evidence is good for any of them.

i am voting for dethkok because of the outing. because i feel it serves the purposes of the aliens to take such an action. AND because i hate the name.
    How does saying that tehspectre wanted a truce with the aliens in his fleet serve the purpose of the aliens? The aliens would still know about it if he didn't post it here.

You also claimed that it was tacky for him to post it here. There is no reason to assume that the people on his board are very active. Even if the guild board was pretty active, I doubt you could know if he hadn't said "WTF" over on the board first.

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Hi all. Sorry to interrupt but I received a message from Varible that he is unable to continue in this game due to lack of internets access.

Thanks

edited June 2007
    Hi all. Sorry to interrupt but I received a message from Varible that he is unable to continue in this game due to lack of internets access.

Thanks

Does that mean he is killed or that he will be replaced?

• FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I don't know, but I just forwarded that post to Ardor and Tux, so there's no need to flood their inboxes.

OOOOOOooooooooooooooooooo

Burnage wrote:
    FWD is very good at this game.
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

Thanks

Does that mean he is killed or that he will be replaced?

If a replacement is available, we will replace him. If not, I will check with Tuxkamen on whether he kills inactives or not.

• JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Ardor: If any Thousand Spears die, they have to go out in a glorifying yet destructive way.

• frandelgearslipfrandelgearslip Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Well this is the first phalla I have been in where there has been a plethora of suspects. I am keeping my vote on grundlterror, since he is the most suspicious of the possible choices.

• GnastyGnasty Registered User
    edited June 2007
    Squashua wrote: »
    Elkamil wrote: »
    Gnasty wrote: »

Also, I noticed this as I was going through the thread looking for votes:
    Elkamil wrote: »
    A ceasefire doesn't make much sense; have those ever worked in a previous game?

Squashua

Seriously Elkamil, are you paying any attention? TehSpectre proposed the ceasefire.

I thought it was dumb, but not suspicious. You'd have to be an especially dumb alien to propose a ceasefire.

Gnasty, even though I did "step up" (however so slightly) for Elkamil yesterday, and though he's voting for me (which is his perogative), I have to support his statement. He makes a good point about TehSpectre.

If you were the alien in your guild, why would you even bother to address the "aliens" in your guild with any sort of request?

I mean, sure he could be talking to "other" alien factions in his guild, but seriously.

meta-game: Teh isn't that stupid. He and VisibleHowl are always #1 on my Phalla kills lists (when I'm a bad guy) because they both have shown some incredible intuition in werewolf/bad guy/mafia/alien-detection. Of course, this generally makes him a worthy bad guy.

Now, why he made the proposal to his alien-infected guild members?
    I have no idea; it was kind of a dumb move, Teh.

edit I just read the next post below this one. I can't believe I pretty much quoted Kin33.

edit x2 Plus, I don't get all the sex-hate for Teh. Dude's got 2 penises.
    If he is an alien trying to keep the guild intact and himself safe, he'd have to address the request to the aliens even though in actuality it would be a request to the rest of the guild (requesting them to not vote out people in the guild). I don't really know, either way it was a stupid thing for him to do. And TehSpectre isn't stupid, which is what makes the whole thing even weirder.

i just wanna 'be myself'
    edited June 2007
    Only an alien would have two penises.

• SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2007
    James wrote: »

He's a mutated human. Why are you italicizing?

And did I totally miss the post where a Vigilante outed hisself?

humebackgroundcj5.jpg
    [size=-2]WII 8980 7585 1015 3348 BRAWL 3909 7191 9283 STRIKERS 124661 822404[/size]
    edited June 2007

Shamus did. Of course, this is the same person who insisted that they were the Goltana Knight.

i just wanna 'be myself'
  • frandelgearslipfrandelgearslip Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

Shamus did. Of course, this is the same person who insisted that they were the Goltana Knight.

I was going to say the same thing

• SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2007

What's a Goltana Knight?

humebackgroundcj5.jpg
    [size=-2]WII 8980 7585 1015 3348 BRAWL 3909 7191 9283 STRIKERS 124661 822404[/size]
    edited June 2007

Mutated. With alien sperm! I just don't know!

• GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Well, I guess this is the end of the road for me... time for my big reveal....
    Spoiler:

Anyway, before I die I want to predict who I think some of the remaining aliens are... I'll probably be 100% wrong but who knows. Here they are in order of more suspicious to least suspicious:

Frosteey
    Squashua
    Gnasty
    Moonscatter
    Maybe Mr. Ballbaggins

No real big surprises on that list, but I suggest you start looking there for aliens. I suppose in the future I won't post as much in Phallas as that seems to be the nail in the coffin for me. Hope I made the game somewhat interesting for you guys, I'm just sick of getting vanilla roles so I like to stir up a storm.

And all you assjerks that make one post thats just a vote with minimal explanation w/o even reading the arguments for and against suspects? I got somethin for ya:
    Spoiler:

steam_sig.png
    edited June 2007

What's a Goltana Knight?

In the Zodiac Phalla there were three factions: the Larg, the Goltana, and the Zodiacs (evil demon guys). Anyway, B:L was a guardian who could self-guard (the Knight). She was acting very suspicious though, so people were starting to turn against her. She then revealed herself to be the Goltana Knight (after claiming to be the Larg Knight), and her claim was actually believable because some weird stuff had happened the round before (she had protected the top vote-getter so the vote didn't fall down to her). But then Shamus spoke up and said that he was actually the Goltana Knight and that B:L was an impostor. Because B:L was acting so sketchy everyone turned against her, and when they both died that turn it was revealed that B:L was the real Goltana Knight and Shamus was a Goltana noble who was just fucking around (I'm not really clear on what Shamus's motivations were).

EDIT: But Grundl I love you! I'm voting for you out of love! (and hate, you evil alien monster!)

i just wanna 'be myself'
    edited June 2007
    I don't get it. Is he pointing up at the sky?

What does that even mean?

• ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Except in this case, I'm telling the truth and will probably bite the bullet tonight.

All I'm offering is people to vote for whom the vigilantes kill; I can't promise that the others, how many there are, will follow along with this plan.

• DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited June 2007
    !I'm voting for Grundlterror because he told me to.

edited June 2007
    robothero wrote: »
    !I'm voting for Grundlterror because he told me to.

It's true, I did =(

steam_sig.png
    edited June 2007
    I don't get it. Is he pointing up at the sky?

What does that even mean?

I think he is doing the ET finger. That must mean he is an alien! Dun dun dun...

• BlackDog85BlackDog85 Registered User
    edited June 2007
    On behalf of Variable, I'm here to say that he can't stay in the game; the hotel he's staying at this weekend was, ahem, "less than forthcoming" as it pertained to their wireless internet capabilities.

Needless to say, he apologized like a little bitch, groveling enough that even I was embarrased for him.

KeithBeKnives.png
    Wii Code: 5700 4466 3616 6981 (PM if y'all add me)
  • an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Though there are many suspicious captains in the fleet, I must vote. I don't feel great about this pick, but I !vote that Grundlterror walk the plank.

My personal vote keeps things in check for The Order of the Centauri to vote for the exclusion of Grundlterror from the voyage.

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre @PixelateJake on TwitterRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    The fact that Grundlterror isn't trying to bandwagon vote me, or even call for the vigilantes for me speaks a lot.

If he were an alien, he would try and bandwagon me as much as possible.

We're both innocent here. (I think, at least.)

I am !gonna retract my !vote for Ballbaggins and !vote Deathkok for vigilante. I would rather not die, as it seems there are a few left who still trust me. To those people: <3

Spec_Banner.png
  • BrogeyBrogey High Maintenance Santa Monica, CASuper Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited June 2007
    I'm sorry that I don't have anything new to add to the conversation that hasn't already been covered.

Since I have no better leads I will go with my Guild and !vote for Gryndlterror for termination.

Nothing personal.

Fitocracy: bogey1 Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom
    PSN: Bogestrom

SE++ Secret Satans | Thank you post | Second!
  • an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Oh yeah, I almost forgot to !vote Deathkok for vigilante

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    edited June 2007
    Alright, I'm heading out for now. Hopefully we catch another alien tonight.

i just wanna 'be myself'
  • AcidSerraAcidSerra Registered User
    edited June 2007
    I !vote for titmous nothing personal just need a target so I don't die for non-participation while I actually read the thread seeing as how I just woke up.

• life3life3 Registered User
    edited June 2007
    B:L sounded pretty innocent from PKC communications. If anyone, Squashua is the alien in our guild but there's not a whole lot of evidence to that.

HOW APPROPRIATE [URL="aim:goim?screenname=skullc0rp"]YOU[/URL] FIGHT LIKE A COW
  • uthardautharda Registered User
    edited June 2007
    The state room was dark, quiet, and stank of cardboard. All was still, and silent save for a faint cursing from the center of the room. Gradually, the cursing grew louder and picked up a counterpoint of shifting wood and cardboard. With a last growl, of "goddamn grundlterror and this ikea furniture, 3000 years and theres no improvement on the allen wrench!" The lights came on, and Captain Utharda emerged from the pile of boards and boxes (and to be truthful more than one bottle of aquavit) and struggled to the intercom. He growls into the microphone, "!vote grundlterror, no human would inflict this misery on another. hes either a swede, or a goddamn alien. , and for that matter, don't bother me with this vigilante crap, I'll believe it when I see it." With that, he stumbled out into the hallway, looking for a drink.

• SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I felt suspicious of grundlterror and tehspectre earlier today, but now I'm not so sure. Since the vote is pretty clear, I think I'm going to abstain today.

edited June 2007
    AcidSerra wrote: »
    I !vote for titmous nothing personal just need a target so I don't die for non-participation while I actually read the thread seeing as how I just woke up.

You didn't even spell my name right. :|

edited June 2007
    Well guys, this is The Narcissus signing off. You bastards that crossed me, you'll get whats coming to you. You'll see.

Get those aliens boys.

steam_sig.png
    edited June 2007
    Nine minutes left...

edited June 2007
    Well guys, this is The Narcissus signing off. You bastards that crossed me, you'll get whats coming to you. You'll see.

Get those aliens boys.

The Thousand Spears shall continue to fight even as we sweat blood.

We will not fail you!

• AcidSerraAcidSerra Registered User
    edited June 2007
    AcidSerra wrote: »

You didn't even spell my name right. :|

Sorry. ^.^ But you know it was a throw away vote. Honestly I don't really want to push in on anyone tonight, but post narration I may have a pretty good ide of who to send to the axe now.

edited June 2007
    Wait goddamn

I retract my vig vote against Teh Spectre, probably too late

because doesnt a public vig vote give the aliens MORE killing power?

shamus, im onto you

• P10P10 An Idiot with Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Hrm. So, if the vigilantes follow the public vote, it appears I'm dying.
    And all because of my awesome, umlaut-y name. The same reason I was killed in the other game. :/

edited June 2007
    Voting closed. Narration will be up shortly.

edited June 2007
    Chapter V: Forward Progress?

The crew hadn’t been sleeping much for the past cycle. Unfortunately, the search for Argosy has not been as successful as one had hoped. Ardor looked at the reports coming in while he poured himself another hot drink to keep himself going through the night. Pericles had been diligent in his tasks of obtaining the necessary protocols and plans to search the ship in an efficient manner. Earlier in the day he announced that another ship needed to be desynched today and that put all captains on edge. He got up from his desk to meet with the intelligence officer as to the status report for whom was to be desynched today at the behest of the guilds. Hopefully, the traffic scans will report some success tonight.

Captain Squashua of the Wiggin’ Drez was noticeably irritable today. Earlier in the day Dachshund, his AI, had reported to him that the crew had been very calm today and a bit lax in their duties. Earlier in the day they had recovered two Argosy specimens aboard the craft and destroyed them per standard military procedure, something he had always been fond of. Sitting at the bridge of his ship, he took a moment to think about what would happen today. Luckily, he had not been chosen to be desynched. Well, not luck he thought, skill. The other guildsmen go about their behavior moods and predictable actions, but they surely recognized that a veteran such as himself should be there to guide them through this mess so that the journey would guarantee Humans another chance to live.

The Precisionk Consortium was a trading crew, and Captain Squashua made sure his ship represented the power behind their goods and the guarantee that their shipments were honored. Their late leader ensured the guild would strike fear into their competition and enemies alike. They had no need for either. They only wished to bring hope and good deals to their customers all over.

The Wiggin’ Drez was larger than the average guild ship and it was covered in many blast marks and battlescars from the many encounters it had seen. From battering other ships to taking on near-impossible odds, this ship has been battered, but never broken. Captain Squashua felt it necessary to keep it that way, as a warning to others who think they might prevail, where so many others had not.

He eagerly awaited the resulting traffic report to see is he was right all along.

“Commander, we have some news items that are to be addressed. There has been some turnover in the Guilds recently.” Stated Pericles.

“Let’s see the reports then. Open up the communication lines.” Ardor was happy to notice that some of the more reserved members of the guilds who have not been very actively searching in this time of need have been replaced with those better suited for the current task.

Captain Lord Cecil Eaglelaser hadn’t been very active this trip, in fact, he failed to show up for all of the scheduled meetings with the other captains and his guild. When first mate Tarranon found him, he was simply passed out on the floor, too drunk and high to do anything. When he woke up, it would be in confinement for failing to perform his duties as a captain of the Handsome Devil.

Captain Tarranon here, reporting for duty. I’ve replaced the late Captain Lord Cecil Eaglelaser for reasons no longer important. However, I promise to uphold the duties this ship owes to the Ark and what we owe to the Diaspora. I will rename the ship per guild regulations in due time.”

Captain Senjutsu of the Mystery Machine hadn’t made barely any presence at all within the guild or the meetings. He was yet another captain who had better things to do than help the fate of humanity. In doing so, the crew realized that he was potentially dooming their ship and tied him up while replacing him with another enthusiastic replacement, now known as Captain Giltanis. He had renamed the ship to the Starship Bistromath in his honor and promotion. Hopefully he would be more useful than his predecessor in hunting the aliens that may very well doom this voyage.

Captain Grundlterror was no fool. He knew he was despised for his views on this journey along with the need to arm the ships, for a price of course. The Narcissus had a reputation of being a quick ship, able to strike its enemies quickly. The rumors that his intelligence officer had brought to him this day were unsettling; it appeared as though the guilds feel he is the next to go. He laid out his plans with his tactical officer and made sure his ship kept silent about their activities. He would not go down without a fight.

As the captains assembled for their meeting with the commander, Captain Grundlterror had silently given his crew instructions to prepare to fire upon someone who turned the captains against him. As Ardor revealed his name as the ship that must be desynched, he simply cut communications and instead opened a one way communication to The Wiggin’ Drez and the Ballbaggins and simply said “You picked the wrong guy to mess with. The Thousand Spears will not abide by this!”. He turned to his internal communicator and roared “Open Fire!”. Before he could be desynched, Captain Grundlterror succeeded in firing several photon blasts at The Wiggin’ Drez and the Ballbaggins due to the damning words of their respective captains. While the hits were true in disabling some of the defense systems aboard The Wiggin’ Drez and communications were down for a time aboard the Ballbaggins, it wasn’t enough to do any lasting damage. As he was desynched from the Ark, he simply poured himself a drink and lit up a cigar as a final act of satisfaction. Fate had been cruel, but he wanted to make his guildmates proud.

Instant hostility erupted between The Thousand Spears and the Precisionk Consortium.

“Status Report!” Shouted Ardor.

A communications officer appeared on the screen and stated that the Narcissus inflicted some damage upon The Wiggin’ Drez before it could be removed from the Ark.

“We’re fine. We’ve seen worse.” Noted Captain Squashua. “My crew will be doing some overnight repairs, we will be fine by morning. The Ballbaggins should have operational communications by tomorrow.”

“Commander! Several ships have just reported interior damage and explosions.” Pericles exclaimed.

“Order the crew to be on full alert. Get someone on the traffic report and make sure we remain on course. We cannot afford any straying right now and for God’s sakes, keep those guild ships from destroying themselves and the Ark.” Ardor snapped.

Aboard the Riptide, Captain Drinkinstout was pleased to note that his vessel was not chosen by the majority to be left behind. He was very happy indeed. That ended on a quick note when his engineers called him to inform him that they had caught an intruder nobody recognized. Realizing exactly what will probably happen, he immediately ordered them to kill and destroy the captive before anything else could happen. As he gave the order, he heard the explosions which rang through his ship. He quickly turned and alerted the Ark that he was taking internal damage just as the bridge of his ship was destroyed by the chain reactions.

Aboard the ¡Wenchbear!, Captain Frosteey had regarded the results with agitation. How dare they think the Thousand Spears was the threat? He stormed around the bridge and opened up communications to his guild. For some reason, his communication system was no longer working. Cursing, he noticed a technician approached him with tools that were probably used to disable his communications from the bridge. Immediately realizing the danger he was in, he called for the guards and lunged at the man. Unfortunately, it was too late to stop the unknown assailant from detonating something in the bridge itself. The ¡Wenchbear! Stood no chance from an interior explosion such as that.

Not surprisingly, the situation called for more stress as the guilds hurled insults and started aiming weapons at each other. “STOP THIS IMMEDIATELY!” Demanded Ardor. “I expected the guilds to be resourceful enough to find ways they could help against this infiltration we have. Guilds, I want you to report to me right now what you have to offer from the past few cycles of time you’ve been given to make yourselves more useful in our plight.”

Captain Dethkok representing the Sensorium came forward first. “Commander, the Sensorium has salvaged enough favors from our customers to secure use of some scanning equipment we think may be helpful in uncovering the aliens.”

Captain Squashua representing the Precisionk Consortium came forward next stating, “The casualties we have taken have hindered our progress, we have nothing more we can offer at this time.”

Captain Gnasty of the Brotherhood of Tradesmen spoke up next. “Commander, do not underestimate the powers of the Brotherhood. We have prepared a team that will be able to proactively find one of these aliens before it can further damage our fleet.”

Captain Kin33 of the Diaspora was next to report. “Commander, we have focused our efforts on some offensive equipment we will use to eliminate the alien threat!”

Captain Titmouse of the Order of Centauri reported in next. “Commander, our researching efforts have given to use a method of finding aliens. We will not disappoint the fleet.”

Captain James reporting in Commander. The Thousand Spears has been known for its war capabilities and we will prove them to you. Beware, aliens and enemies of the Thousand Spears, the late Captain Grundlterror has shown you but a small sample of our power. We will carry on as he would’ve wished.”

“Good. I need you to figure out this Alien issue as soon as possible so our journey does not end in failure. I want to re-iterate the importance of this mission. The human race depends upon this mission and I need every single one of you to be on your guard at all times and alert to rooting out our enemies. Captain Balefuego. I need you to step it up and help us out or we will take your fate in our hands. I expected more of you. Do not disappoint me.” Said Ardor. “I will send the reports to you on our traffic scans. Get to work, we must not lose too much ground here.”

Guilds. You have a one time use power now as follows:

The Brotherhood of Tradesmen – Guardian
    The Sensorium – Seer
    The Diaspora – Vigilante
    The Order of Centauri – Seer
    The Thousand Spears – Vigilante

Elect a guild leader to give me the order via pm. This can only be used if your guild retains the right to a second vote. It does not need to be used right away, but watch your guild numbers. I will not accept self-proclaimed leaders, please get at least 2 other people to back you being the leader in pms. Alternatively, send me who should be the leader and copy your guildmates on it.

Captain Balefuego, I need you to post some more and vote, or you will be replaced or removed from the game.

Results:
    Grundlterror – Desynched from the fleet.
    Drinkinstout – Blown up.
    Frosteey – Blown up.

Captain Tarranon has replaced Lord Cecil Eaglelaser
    Captain Giltanis has replaced Senjutsu

Encrypted SQC traffic has decreased slightly; non-human SQC traffic has decreased slightly since yesterday.

*Note, some of the people listed above gave me some details they wanted to see if they were to show up in the narration, the narration is not designed to give any hints away of any roles. Names of the reporting guild captains were chosen based upon who posted the most in each guild.

This discussion has been closed.