As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat]ting in the sky

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited June 2007
    Feral wrote: »
    DiscGrace wrote:
    HEY GUYS LET'S GO RIDE BIKES

What's that meme from?

I don't know, but it's keeping people from paying attention to me, so it must be an unholy place.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Elkamil wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    DiscGrace wrote:
    HEY GUYS LET'S GO RIDE BIKES

What's that meme from?

I don't know, but it's keeping people from paying attention to me, so it must be an unholy place.

Are you as badass as lolsnail?

Incenjucar on
  • DiscGraceDiscGrace Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    So I just finished making my grandma a pink fuzzy scarf, and am pleased with how it turned out. The funny/sad story is that I had made her one of these last fall, and she wore it a bunch, but apparently (and I didn't notice because I live in another state) she lost it at some point, possibly at church, and it never got turned in to the lost and found. She told this to my mother a few weeks later, IN TEARS, because she lost something her grand-daughter had made by hand and I was never, ever to be told. I just found out about this from my mom and knitted a scarf in 3 days so that it should hopefully get there by my grandma's birthday on Wednesday. "Happy July birthday! Here's a woolly scarf."

DiscGrace on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    That is no ordinary scarf, DG... it's a scarf made with love.

LaOs on
    edited June 2007
    Making stuff for folks is nice.

But I don't think my lil' ol' conservative granny wants pictures of guys who have obsidian growing out of their tear ducts.

Incenjucar on
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2007
    Damn that was a good swim.

Dynagrip on
  • 3lwap03lwap0 Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Update: The Mom has a gastrointestinal virus. It took 3 IV bags to rehydrate her, but they think they can release her today.

And I bought her the goddamn iPhone. I feel dirty. Like some kind of drug facilitator or something.

521.14, after tax. Christ.

3lwap0 on
    edited June 2007
    So she's going to be alright then?

Incenjucar on
  • Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    So, I just got some games for my trip tomorrow(I won't see you guys for a week or two.)

Bye everyone.

Gorilla Salad on
    edited June 2007
    So, I just got some games for my trip tomorrow(I won't see you guys for a week or two.)

Bye everyone.

If you loved us you would have gotten the DS browser so you could keep in touch.

:cry:

Incenjucar on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited June 2007
    DiscGrace wrote: »
    I just found out about this from my mom and knitted a scarf in 3 days so that it should hopefully get there by my grandma's birthday on Wednesday. "Happy July birthday! Here's a woolly scarf."

awwww

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I think I am officially homesick.

This is unusual for me. I didn't even feel homesick once in 4 years of university...

Al_wat on
    edited June 2007
    Incenjucar wrote: »

As far as I can tell, yes. I'm still worried. She was severly dehydrated, and that puts a lot of stress on the body.

I think ordering her iPhone cured her. It is truly indeed the Jesus Phone.

3lwap0 on
    edited June 2007
    3lwap0 wrote: »

As far as I can tell, yes. I'm still worried. She was severly dehydrated, and that puts a lot of stress on the body.

I think ordering her iPhone cured her. It is truly indeed the Jesus Phone.

Healing power of good feelings and laughter and all that jazz.

Glad she's improved.

Incenjucar on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited June 2007
    Update: The Mom has a gastrointestinal virus. It took 3 IV bags to rehydrate her, but they think they can release her today.

And I bought her the goddamn iPhone. I feel dirty. Like some kind of drug facilitator or something.

Does that include any amount of service, or is that just the phone?

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Al_wat wrote: »

This is unusual for me. I didn't even feel homesick once in 4 years of university...
    I tend to feel homesick. When I'm in my apartment in Waterloo, I miss my family home in Québec. When I'm in my family home in Québec, I miss my apartment in Waterloo.

Richy on
    sig.gif
    edited June 2007
    Irond Will wrote: »

Does that include any amount of service, or is that just the phone?

Oh no my friend, that's just the phone. And it's not even the good one, this one is a lousy 4 gig one. The most basic plan is around $60 I do think.

3lwap0 on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited June 2007
    That's pretty spendy.

I dunno. I might end up buying one eventually. But not right now.

But I still want to play with one.

Is the OS as responsive as they make it seem on the commercial? It seemed too good to be true.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited June 2007
    That's pretty spendy.

Is the OS as responsive as they make it seem on the commercial? It seemed too good to be true.

In so far as I can tell, yes. I'd love to get one for myself, except I can't take camera phones in to where I work. It's a bummer.

Also, thanks to everyone for the positive mojo. Get an iPhone for your loved ones, and watch it cure their ailments!

3lwap0 on
    edited June 2007
    That's pretty spendy.

In so far as I can tell, yes. I'd love to get one for myself, except I can't take camera phones in to where I work. It's a bummer.

Also, thanks to everyone for the positive mojo. Get an iPhone for your loved ones, and watch it cure their ailments!

They let me take them into closed areas where I work now. Of course, they're only secret areas. My old job I couldn't even take in cell phones at all.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited June 2007
    That's pretty spendy.

They let me take them into closed areas where I work now. Of course, they're only secret areas. My old job I couldn't even take in cell phones at all.

Seriously? That's a huge no-no where I work. Classified is still classified amigo, Secret or Top Secret, it's just as bad. I suggest you don't get caught by security with it there. I don't know of any place that condone's the posssion of one, especially in senstive areas like that. I'm not sure what your cognizant agency is (DoD, DSS), but whatch your cornhole. The Man seriously does not look kindly upon those in classified areas, Government or Civillian.

3lwap0 on
  • TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    There's a quote tree of death in that AIDS thread...

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
    edited June 2007
    Seriously? That's a huge no-no where I work. Classified is still classified amigo, Secret or Top Secret, it's just as bad. I suggest you don't get caught by security with it there. I don't know of any place that condone's the posssion of one, especially in senstive areas like that. I'm not sure what your cognizant agency is (DoD, DSS), but whatch your cornhole. The Man seriously does not look kindly upon those in classified areas, Government or Civillian.
    It's MDA, which I guess it under Air Force with some Army buy-in. It was pretty surprising to me as well, since I worked in DC just prior and they were hyper-sensitive about security - even disallowing any form of windows in skifs because of the looming threat of the Russian Embassy bouncing lasers off the windows and demodulating speech from that.

It kind of went in this order from when I started working there:

1) I sat in an open office area. Phones without cameras were allowed in the building but not in the closed areas.
    2) Moved me to a closed office area with both closed and open computers. Cell phones allowed in but had to be powered off and cameraless.
    3) Cell phones had to be cameraless but could be used.
    4) Cell phones with cameras allowed to be used.

Honestly it's kind of odd.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Denigration afflicted our vaunted ideals long ago, but such inflictions are difficult to measure, to rise up and point a finger to this place, this moment, and say: here, my friends, this was where our honour, our integrity died.

The affliction was too insipid, too much a product of our surrendering mindful regard and diligence. The meanings of words lost their precision - and no-one bothered taking to task those who cynically abused those words to serve their own ambitions, their own evasion of personal responsibility. Lies went unchallenged, lawful pursuit became a sham, vulnerable to graft, and justice itself became a commodity, mutable in imbalance. Truth was lost, a chimera reshaped to match agenda, prejudices, thus consigning the entire political process to a mummer's charade of false indignation, hypocritical posturing and a pervasive contempt for the commonry.

Once subsumed, ideals and the honour created by their avowal can never be regained, except, alas, by outright, unconstrained rejection, invariable instigated by the commonry, at the juncture of one particular moment, one single event, of such brazen injustice that revolution becomes the only reasonable response.

Consider this then a warning. Liars will lie, and continue to do so, even beyond being caught out. They will lie, and in time, such liars will convince themselves, will in all self-righteousness divest the liars of culpability. Until comes a time when one final lie is voiced, the one that can only be answered by rage, by cold murder, and on that day, blood shall rain down every wall of this vaunted, weaning society.

Impeached Guild Master's Speech
    Semel Fural of the Guild of Sandal-Clasp Makers
    <3 Steven Erikson

Jragghen on
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Huh.

Twilight Princess is better than I'd remembered.

Elendil on
    edited June 2007
    It's MDA, which I guess it under Air Force with some Army buy-in. It was pretty surprising to me as well, since I worked in DC just prior and they were hyper-sensitive about security - even disallowing any form of windows in skifs because of the looming threat of the Russian Embassy bouncing lasers off the windows and demodulating speech from that.

It kind of went in this order from when I started working there:

1) I sat in an open office area. Phones without cameras were allowed in the building but not in the closed areas.
    2) Moved me to a closed office area with both closed and open computers. Cell phones allowed in but had to be powered off and cameraless.
    3) Cell phones had to be cameraless but could be used.
    4) Cell phones with cameras allowed to be used.

Honestly it's kind of odd.

I work for a Defense company, and enforce our no camera cellphone policy. I can say without a doubt, we'd string anyone up who brought a camera phone into a classified area. If you're working for a civillian company, you'd fall under Defense Security Services, and they'll crucify anyone if they caught them with a camera in a classified area.

But when I was with the Navy, prior to that, no one really cared. The disparity was very odd. If you fall under DoD, you're probably okay out of sheer apathy.

3lwap0 on
  • JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Elendil wrote: »
    Huh.

I love it when you
    get to the temple of time!!! <3

James on
    edited June 2007
    I work for a Defense company, and enforce our no camera cellphone policy.

So you're a watcher?

But who watches you?

And watches the watcher watchers?

Is it... perverts?

Incenjucar on
  • yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    James wrote: »
    Huh.

I love it when you

I should probably replay that. It was awesome.

yalborap on
    edited June 2007
    I work for a Defense company, and enforce our no camera cellphone policy.

So you're a watcher?

But who watches you?

And watches the watcher watchers?

Is it... perverts?

Funny thing, no one watches me. I see all, I know all.

I'm like that guy in that movie Sliver, who watches people do it in their apartments.

Only Sharon Stone doesn't work for us, and uh, they're aren't any apartments, and I don't get to watch people do it at work.

So yeah, It's not really like Sliver. I think I just killed the romance.

3lwap0 on
    edited June 2007
    So it is perverts all the way down, but it also starts and ends at perverts.

Incenjucar on
  • TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Huh.

I love it when you

Nothing beats the part in wind waker where
    You get to Hyrule for the first time and shades of the theme are playing in the background. Actually the ending to wind waker was probably the best in the series as well. Overall I think that game had the best presentation out of all of them. Now if only its dungeons were as up to snuff...

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
    edited June 2007
    Tarranon wrote: »
    Huh.

I love it when you

Nothing beats the part in wind waker where
    You get to Hyrule for the first time and shades of the theme are playing in the background. Actually the ending to wind waker was probably the best in the series as well. Overall I think that game had the best presentation out of all of them. Now if only its dungeons were as up to snuff...
    I'm trying to decide which of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess is better.

I have no idea. They each have their awesome and their annoying foibles.

Elendil on
  • JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Personally, I like TP better, at least for going back to a more OoT visual style, and for the darker story.

James on
    edited June 2007
    Your geekery disturbs me.

Clubbing time.

Incenjucar on
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    yessss

yesssssss

i get to take a trip to the beach with the bf yesssssss!!!

we can sleep in the same beddd wooooooot!!!!!

Casual Eddy on
  • yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    yessss

yesssssss

Glad to hear it, man. :) Enjoy yourself and all that.

Me, I've got waggling to do.

yalborap on
    edited June 2007
    Personally, I like TP better, at least for going back to a more OoT visual style, and for the darker story.
    See, I thought Wind Waker kicked TP's ass in terms of story. TP's was a bit of a mess--a bunch of introduced elements that sort of dropped off or weren't developed at all.

Elendil on
  • Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Richy wrote: »
    Al_wat wrote: »

I tend to feel homesick. When I'm in my apartment in Waterloo, I miss my family home in Québec. When I'm in my family home in Québec, I miss my apartment in Waterloo.

Yeah. I just moved to Edmonton... don't really know that many people here. Part of the homesickness is just boredom.

When I lived in Guelph it wasnt bad because I had a lot of friends there, and home was only an hour away.

Right now I couldn't get back to Toronto even if I wanted to - too broke.

Al_wat on
  • poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    yessss

yesssssss

Is it a single bed? I never understand people who can share a single bed. Snuggley bastards.

poshniallo on
    I figure I could take a bear.
This discussion has been closed.