As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Secret Satans and the 1 Silly Goose who couldn't... Sign up to help the 1 shaftee!

• AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    *jumps through a window*

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    *charges window to Dan's tab*

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • zucchinizucchini robothero pretty much amazingRegistered User regular
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    That safe is pretty boss though dan.

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Margarazzi wrote:
    Sandra Dan must be very confused about which bathroom he/she is supposed to go into.

Any bathroom s/he likes, obviously.

But seriously those munchstaches are aces, Sticks! And my friend received dismembered gingerbread men shapes, so we are going to have a wacky cookie party.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    So..... I thought I had all of my requisite Sekret Santa/Secret Satan gifts accounted for, in terms of gifts given and gifts recived (which as far as I am aware, stands at two for two). But then I get this little Bastard in the mail today....
    MysteryBox.jpg
    ...and I'm not entirely sure who sent it or where it has come from. The box bares no forum or online handle of any kind, and oddly states that I am at a P.O. Box instead of a PMB (Private Mailbox, there is a difference but it's not important) as I'd listed in the sign ups.
    MysteryBox2.jpg

Whelp, it's addressed to me so, fuckit, I'm opening the sucker!
    OpeningTheMysteryBox.jpg

A note! What could this unexpected letter say?!
    MysteryNote2-1.jpg

Well, that's interesting. And you've piqued my interest enough to continue onward.
    MysteryGifts.jpg

What's this?! The small blue one has a different note!!
    MysteryNote3.jpg

You're right, mystery person, it isn't. And that's a shame. :(
    Revelations.jpg

My goodness... now I am at a loss for words. Honestly, I wasn't expecting another package from anyone. And not only did I get one, I got Zelda Skyward Sword with soundtrack and American Gods, a book that has been on my list (admittedly, just not my amazon list) for far too long.

So I would like to extend my heart felt thanks to you, J. Homan, whomever you truly are and wherever you may roam. I'm not entirely sure what I'd said or done to deserve this, but you have my appreciation and my thanks all the same. If you're ever in Seattle, give me a buzz, I'll buy you a beer.

QuickSnap on
    6rceun58332p.png
  • KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    Keith wrote:
    Naphtali wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    Legba wrote:
    I'm now slightly morbidly curious about the live action Josie & The Pussycats movie.

definitely watch it

Definitely

Its okay

I think the movie is hilarious but I seriously love the soundtrack

i agree with this

• proXimityproXimity Registered User regular
    Quicksnap: It looks like it might be a friend of Pinder's brother?

camo_sig2.png
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Oh god I am shaking with anticipation of my satanee's receipt of their gift.

USPS don't fail me!

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    I know who J. Homan is~

But I figure they should announce themselves.

Abracadaniel on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I'm the Homan

• LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    Man, the safe is boss as hell, and that was a great unwrapping. Great work @Smart Hero and @Sticks.

• LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    @Virgil_Leads_You came through again!

Over Christmas I got another set of presents, in the form of digital music downloads:
    619u3m5GnZL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
    State law requires citizens to push Bluegrass at every available opportunity. :) Have a Merry Christmas!
    61f4b8oL-wL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
    For me, music tends to be a gift that I find the greatest joy in sharing.
    Here's one of my favorite blues albums. Enjoy!
    Yay! I love experiencing new music!

Unfortunately, Amazon.com are not nearly as cool as Virgil, and refused to acknowledge that a dirty foreigner could enjoy bluegrass or blues. Jokes on them, I used to go to the Wednesday jam sessions at the Grey Horse all the time. The blues is in my blood.

So! Through the miracle of Spotify, I made Ricky Skaggs my family's Christmas music of the year
    450px-ShockingFlamingAlphaSkag.png

"Sing you bastard, sing!"

and Virgil very graciously allowed me to exchange the CDs for credit, which I used to purhase some good old-fashioned fantasy and science fiction:
    400000000000000037394_s4.jpg

Virgil recommended this, and that's all I need to know!
    Locke.jpg

My youngest brother claims this is one of the best books he's ever read. So!

and
    The%2BWindup%2BGirl.jpg

Again recommended to me by my youngest brother. And it sounds really good.

So thank you @Virgil_Leads_You for being a lot more accepting of foreigners than Amazon.com, for introducing me and my family to a whole new idea of what Christmas music can be, and finally for being cool enough to ensure my holiday is stuffed with books to read. This'll keep me busy for quite some time.

• StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    WHAT HAVE WE HERE!

I4QIq.png

Oh mee oh my! I have no idea what this means, I guess I got a bunch of indie games?

I wonder what the 'more' will be?

tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    Sticks wrote: »
    A mysterious package waits on the doorstep as I get home. Where did it come from? What's in it? If I am going to find the answers to these questions, I will need every tool at my disposal.
    secret_satan_2011_02.jpg
    Well, you can't have everything. Nothing to do but press on if we are ever going to solve this mystery.

ahahah love this photo

• JansonJanson Registered User regular
    I love that everyone's cats are helping them out.

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    IT IS TIME

The note:
    UXXYE.jpg

The gifts:
    0ub5C.jpg
    That is a lot of gifts.

gwGnS.jpg
    Sweet, I haven't had a copy of this since my grandfather made me give his copy back

jIUpT.jpg
    One of my karate instructors explained that laziness could be a virtue, as doing things with as little effort as possible was just being efficient.

MVnWP.jpg
    I know next to nothing about Zen, actually. I should probably do something about that.

iRQSW.jpg
    Dear internet: today I learned how to take pictures of shiny things without too much glare. Also I love soundtrack music.

UCNSE.jpg
    All I need for a less entertaining but more delicious version of My Drunk Kitchen. I also tend to be given more alcohol than I drink, so this will be handy.

tfbBj.jpg
    I don't know much about Bourdain beyond his name, but I like travel books and reading about exotic foods I'd never be brave enough to eat, so this should be fun.

9bqMY.jpg
    Oh god yes. I am currently watching "Drunken Arts & Crippled Fist" at work and it is glorious

6WvPQ.jpg
    ahem. eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Totally going to do a full BG playthrough, and name my character Zonugal. He will be the best son of the god of murder ever.

Seriously @Zonugal, you are the best. Thank you so much!

UnbrokenEva on
  • JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Oh man, awesome collection of gifts, and a very neat way of presenting them! Good job, @Zonugal!

Nice haul and gw Zonugal!
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    One of my karate instructors explained that laziness could be a virtue, as doing things with as little effort as possible was just being efficient

Exactly :D

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    skettios wrote:
    Nice haul and gw Zonugal!
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    One of my karate instructors explained that laziness could be a virtue, as doing things with as little effort as possible was just being efficient

Exactly :D

Granted, his reasoning was that when you did need to put a lot of effort into something, the increased efficiency would make it that much more effective. I'm still working on that part.

• MarthMarth Registered User regular
    Since I just got back this week, I missed out on a lot of people getting gifts. Any particularly cool stuff? (Of course, it's all cool stuff because we're cool people.)

Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
  • BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    I am the most effective person in the world!

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    zRxnH.jpg

jesus christ - $30 off Norton Internet Security 2012!?

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    @Fearghaill, I'm glad you enjoyed it. I had fun coming up with the theme & then actualizing it.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    That's pretty fantastic.

• CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    Hmmm. My thing should have been delivered by now

Winky?

XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
    Ditto. Part 1 has been delivered, but the Satanee hasn't coughed up the confirmation.

Everytime I do Secret Satans I get all anxious until I finally send something, and then after that relief, the tension builds until I see a post about it.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    yeah waiting for your person to get their stuff is the worst

will they like it?

will it get lost in the mail?

oh no it's been delivered and they haven't posted yet

etc

I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
    How's the sloppy cosplay book treating you?

Is it haunting your every dream?

...is it bringing you untold pleasure?

Well I never remember to get delivery confirmation or tracking or anything like that. So I never have proof to try to stave off a furious neville if they think I'm a deadbeat.

I should probably start getting that stuff.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    How's the sloppy cosplay book treating you?

Is it haunting your every dream?

...is it bringing you untold pleasure?

I...haven't really looked at since I got it haha

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Quick snap I am j homan!

There is another gift on the way that should have been first, that has my forum name on it, I guess it will be there hopefully tomorrow?

oh actually i just checked and it says it hasn't even shipped yet, i have no idea why??? I ordered it the same day and it is amazon prime material guhhhhhh

well hopefully it will be there soon.

edited December 2011
    Status updates of my package:
    Dispatched to Sort Facility
    Processed through USPS Sort Facility
    Depart USPS Sort Facility
    Arrive USPS Sort Facility
    No Such Number

I am confused!!!
    It's location is where my satanee lives though...
    Expected delivery was yesterday

Now I worry :?

skettios on
    No such zone

• AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    USPS scanned it and want the gifts more than they feel like delivering them?

Nothing. Matters.
    edited December 2011
    Addressed to nonexistent number and correct number not known.
    I guess it's gonna be returned to me then
    dangit

skettios on
  • IloveslimesIloveslimes Everett, WARegistered User regular
    I got a package! From @Wombat!! Apparently this is the first of three, but it deserves it's own pictures and unwrapping. Provided I didn't screw up this post. If so, give me a few minutes to get it tip top.
    6591086477_6d0861c988_b.jpg
    The package with addresses blocked with the first thing at hand.

The note! Which is very nice, once I deciphered it. <3
    6591086813_2d09ff7965_b.jpg
    I'll type it out for the curious. It reads "Dear Jesse, Holy hell I'm pokey! In any case, Merry Christmas (post Christmas?) and all that jazz! I included in this first package are a few things I love, and that I hope you too will like.
    I wish all the best in all you do and all that will be in the future! Happiness and prosperity do I wish upon you!! Sincerely/Love, Wombat!!

The picture says Ambien Santa comes after Christmas.

Three wrapped gifts!
    6591087329_82cfe20db4_b.jpg
    One seems like candy, one like a dvd or game, and the last one, I got nothing.

First the candy seeming one.
    6591087825_712939c35c_b.jpg
    Peanut Butter M&Ms! I love these!

Then the mystery box.
    6591088201_2d710c07df_b.jpg
    Teas! I also love tea and new types of tea are great to try!

Lastly, the dvd/game(?).
    6591088515_77ef65b458_b.jpg
    Heavenly Sword! Cool, it looks fun and I really haven't played much at all on my PS3.

Thanks so much Wombat!! And there's three more to go?! You are awesome!

• OminousLozengeOminousLozenge Registered User regular
    OMG, I came home to find an Amazon box. More awesome stuff from @Fletcher - the new CD "Camp" from Childish Gambino (aka Donald Glover), and the very fun-looking Forbidden Island. Can't wait to enjoy them both. Thanks, Fletcher! This is a great first Secret Satan :)

Sometimes I have ideas for things.