As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[STEAM] DONE! Go post in the younger, sexier thread.

• harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    Thanks to @Tofystedeth 's Steamgifts giveaway I now own Gyromancer! Yay!

B6yM5w2.gif
  • BullioBullio Registered User regular
    Would really like to pick up SS3 BFE, but $20 is out of my range. $12 is better, but I'm still not sure. I love playing FE/SE co-op, but find the games annoyingly dull when playing solo. What I've seen of SS3 looks really awesome, but I'm worried that none of that will change. If I loved playing it singleplayer I'd be all over the $12 promo, but at this point I'm going to think on it. The game desperately needs a 4-pack as I find it to be the most fun when playing with at least 3 other people.

steam_sig.png
  • BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    SPAZ or Titans? I'm trying to limit myself.

Also, if you've played both, which is more fun and dungeon crawly? DS3 (on sale at amazon) or Two Worlds 2? Pondering one of these, but not sold yet.

Sorry, asking again. anyone have opinions on this?

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Okay guys, I'm at work without access to Steam or steamgifts and want to give some soon-to-be-happy person Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light. Also I have a meeting in 15 minutes, so if you want it shoot me a PM and its yours (assuming I recognize you yadda yadda yadda)! Also, don't be scared if you're buying on Amazon. They used the "box" art from the XBLA version, but it's the PC version.

camo_sig2.png
  • NATIKNATIK DenmarkRegistered User regular
    TPSou wrote:
    Weird, I have both the Team Fortress and Dungeon Defenders cheevos and yet they haven't registered on the gift pile, really don't want to do them again. That sucks, decided despite there being a few games on the sale today that I want, and SirCarcass's incredibly tempting offer, I really can't buy any more games, I have too many to play and I'm just playing SWTOR all the time, so I think I'm out.

I couldn't last the course, carry on brave soldiers

I wish I had that kind of self control, I too have way too many to play and spend ages on SWTOR (Shandril here, hey Teep) but my steam games list keeps growing and growing every sale with awesome games.

steam_sig.png
  • CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    SPAZ or Titans? I'm trying to limit myself.

Also, if you've played both, which is more fun and dungeon crawly? DS3 (on sale at amazon) or Two Worlds 2? Pondering one of these, but not sold yet.

Sorry, asking again. anyone have opinions on this?

I think they both have demos. I'd vote for SPAZ overall though. Both fun, but I think the glut of Tower Defense games makes me value Revenge a bit less.

thanks Corpekata, I did play the demo of SPAZ and enjoyed it. I'm a sucker for hybrid tower defense games (a la sanctum, Iron Grip Warlords, Dungeon Defenders, etc) But I can't even get into defense grid....odd I know. I'm a sucker for strategy games but it blows my mind about defense grid.

Now, DS3 or Two Worlds 2?

steam_sig.png
  • SlimceaSlimcea Registered User regular
    thanks Corpekata, I did play the demo of SPAZ and enjoyed it. I'm a sucker for hybrid tower defense games (a la sanctum, Iron Grip Warlords, Dungeon Defenders, etc) But I can't even get into defense grid....odd I know. I'm a sucker for strategy games but it blows my mind about defense grid.

Now, DS3 or Two Worlds 2?

Titans is old school TD like Defense Grid, not a hybrid FPS/TD. Between the two, Defense Grid is more structured and forgiving actually.

steam_sig.png
    Sounds like SPAZ is it then. THanks Gents.

Onto fingering out which RPG is for me!

steam_sig.png
  • SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    Oh joy, I didn't notice that Republic Commando was on sale yesterday, snagged that last second!

Looks like there's nothing for me in today's sale. I almost want nothing else to show up cause that means I can let myself buy Skyrim if there's a "best of" day again.

Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    SkutSkut wrote:
    And some people need to check their inventory still. Lawndart.

Oh hey, some classy dude gifted me Sequence! 8->

• jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Well fine. I guess I'll just go to my meeting and (hopefully) give this to somebody when I'm back in a couple hours (hopefully sooner - these meetings are super dull and I already want a nap because I'm just coming back off of 4 days off for Christmas).

So be thinking about how much you want GoL and be the first to PM me. Seriously, guys. Super easy contest here.

camo_sig2.png
  • APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote:
    Something that may make you want or hate Spaz more: It's narrated by Totalbiscuit.

Wait.

There are people who don't like TotalBiscuit?

I may not agree with all of his opinions about games (he doenst like adventure/puzzle games for example) but he always seems to be very honest in that it's all his opinion and tries to give a good look at the game for people into the genre.

I didn't know people had strong negative opinions toward him

• projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
  • hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Reminder for you weirdos without E.Y.E.:

signature.png

hatedinamerica on
  • PunkBoyPunkBoy Thank you! And thank you again! Registered User regular
    Any of the Tomb Raider games worth picking up? And is it true that the Steam overlay is disabled in Underworld?

Steam ID:
    steam_sig.png
    The Linecutters Podcast: Your weekly dose of nerd! Tune in for the live broadcast every Wednesday at 7 PM EST, only at www.non-productive.com!
  • CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Lara Croft and The Guardian of Light. Kain and Raziel character pack. It is not as stupid as it sounds, and is actually kind of awesome. Get it.

• SkyTurnsRedSkyTurnsRed Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    carmofin wrote:
    Damn I decided against Sequence, now I'm not sure that was the right call...

It was not. Fortunately, you can still buy it since there's a grace period.

Let me talk about Sequence a moment.

I dislike rhythm games. I hated guitar hero, rock band, could never be bothered to step on a DDR pad at an arcade. I have no rhythm. I generally hate the techno/electronic whatever it's called music in these games.

I installed Sequence for the cheevo. Got it in 10 minutes or so,

I played virtually nonstop for the next four hours.

It is a fantastically fun game. The dialouge and item descriptions are really excellent and I laughed aloud several times. It's really just FUN. Better than it has any right to be. Decent length, as I'm on Floor 5 of 7 and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna have to go back down to do some things at some point.

Plus, I'm damn sure that Naia is a babe. She sounds hot. @kalia thinks she sounds like Eliza Dushku. Not sure how much I agree, but still... Hot voice. Snarky. Rrrrrowrr.

The only real flaw is that it can be a bit grindy and the whole spend experience points to craft... but there's always a chance of the crafting failing... thing can die in a fire. Bad decision.

Other than that it's great!

EDIT: oh and you know how I usually hate this type of music? Well, I'm really, really enjoying the music in Sequence

Watching you talk about it in the Steam chat was a joy, haha. I got a few good laughs.

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Kuwa wrote:
    I can't decide whether or not to buy Star Wars Empire at War

I'm going to go against the grain and recommend SW: EaW.

It is, certainly, not the best RTS I have ever played.

On the other hand, the base campaign is fun - manufacturing equipment and sending them to other planets to fight in battles as either the Rebels or the Empire - and it lets you set up defenses on your planets in advance of battles. The expansion campaign was a little less fun for me, because I didn't care about the "protagonists" as much, but it was well worth the money I paid for it.

Space battles, though, are where it's at for me, and the instant-action against the CPU is a fun romp. It's the mode of the game I've played the most, and still fire it up every now and then for a quick SW space battle.

• rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    This guy does some of the music in Sequence

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O2aH4XLbto

Now go buy it.

That video was awesome!

steam_sig.png
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Empire at War isn't awful, but everything it does, Star Wars: Rebellion did better.

• mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    I just want everyone to know that $2.49 for Guardian of Light (on Amazon, Steamworks) is an absolute steal. It's so gooooooood

People keep asking about the single player, and if it's worth playing without doing co-op. Sure, it's one of the best co-op games ever made, but let's just say it still would have been my GotY last year even if it didn't have multiplayer at all.

• ZealotZealot Registered User regular
    Has Fallout: New vegas gone on sale?

steam_sig.png
  • KrummithKrummith DJ Logic Death can't take me until I finish my backlogRegistered User regular
    There is way too much good stuff for sale today

I've been trying to limit myself to $10 a day on the sale

Why do you do this to me Newell!?!? Why!?!?

• Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Empire at War isn't awful, but everything it does, Star Wars: Rebellion did better.

I loved that game so much. Wish I could find the disc for it. I found the instruction manual a while ago at my parents house, but no CD. :(
    Zealot wrote:

Nope, I'm waiting for that one too. That and SPAZ (today's deal) are likely my last purchases of the sale.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Serious Sam 3 is tempting but when I'm in Steam Christmas sale mode, anything that is in the double digits feels too expensive. Plus I need to hold on to some money so that I can pick up Shogun 2 + DLC if it's goes up as a daily sale.

Did pick up Serious Sam Double D though (already own Random Encounter). Almost feel bad that I've waited this long since I know the developer. :)

RainbowDespair on
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Phew nothing today as the PA community has been awesome and gifted me SPAZ and Dungeon Defenders...

Wait, Dead Space 2 for $5? God damn it. *pulls wallet out again* LAST GAME THOUGH I SWEAR IT!

• Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote:
    Phew nothing today as the PA community has been awesome and gifted me SPAZ and Dungeon Defenders...

Wait, Dead Space 2 for $5? God damn it. *pulls wallet out again* LAST GAME THOUGH I SWEAR IT!

Yeah, I know. This is after I bought it twice in the last three days for gifts...

Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    Idx86 wrote:

I loved that game so much. Wish I could find the disc for it. I found the instruction manual a while ago at my parents house, but no CD. :(
    Zealot wrote:

Nope, I'm waiting for that one too. That and SPAZ (today's deal) are likely my last purchases of the sale.

I have like $10 left in my wallet for SPAZ and New Vegas DLC.

• mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    Zealot wrote:

Yes.

• Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    mcdermott wrote:
    Zealot wrote:

Yes.

It's on sale, but not as a Daily Deal which we all know is really the only time to buy. That and at the very end when you are certain X game is not going on DD.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    mcdermott wrote:
    Zealot wrote:

Yes.

Fallout 3 did, not New Vegas. Unless you're talking about the Thanksgiving sale.

edit: erm, Daily Deal wise that is.

Elderlycrawfish on
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    downloaded racettear demo and played for 5 minutes

that might be all it's going to take to buy it

edited December 2011
    Alright, adventure team! This goes live in a few hours, closes tomorrow evening. That gives you time to look it over, and make sure it's something you'd actually play...as I say in the description, this game is NOT for everybody.

signature.png

mcdermott on
  • Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    Man, you guys like the weirdest things. :rotate:

Anyone know if AssRev PC is any less of an untested piece of shit than AssBro PC was?

Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1
    mcdermott wrote:
    Zealot wrote:

Yes.

Fallout 3 did, not New Vegas. Unless you're talking about the Thanksgiving sale.

edit: erm, Daily Deal wise that is.

Okay, so I was wrong. ;)

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Jars wrote:
    downloaded racettear demo and played for 5 minutes

that might be all it's going to take to buy it
    Capitalism Ho!

steam_sig.png
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    So how do I get the cheevo in TF2?

I didn't know you could drop presents. Or is that just something that happens when you bite the dust during the promo?

• APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    That Winter Cheevo wikia in the op is a pile of doodoo on a mobile device. The right hand column in the current objectives is always off the screen and I can't make my iPhone scroll over to view it.

WTF? How can they not make a page that works?

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Can I get an invite to the Adventure team group?

This discussion has been closed.