As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

i drew NEWER things NOT on paper

1235»

• Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Thanks dooders. Yeah I guess I figured it doesn't need much context since its for a person that will understand why the animal exists, because its a hybrid of her two fav animals. But I do agree the tree doesn't have much point, and just makes you wonder. Yeah Prosp I kinda just threw that there for scale, and I'm still unsure about keeping it or not.

Hmm maybe I'll just try to redraw it with real inks maybe? Just not feelin it now.

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    Mes3Mes3 Lurking behind your toilet Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I would try with shorter legs and a longer snout. I think that would be better.

Mes3 on
    http://rjnewman.blogspot.com/ | Follow me on instagram @ messiah3x
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Totally ditched that last project, damn I give up easy sometimes. But anyways...new stuff that I've been doing on my lunchbreaks at work. Its the only time I've had the energy to draw lately. Was gonna ressurect the graffiti thread but instead I'm lazy and I'll just dump it all here!

goblingraff2.jpg
    goblingraff.jpg
    robotank.jpg
    petal.jpg
    work1.jpg
    work2.jpg
    work3.jpg
    mesDOODLE.jpg
    grafffff.jpg
    grafff.jpg
    graff-3.jpg
    graffff.jpg
    devils.jpg
    lildevils.jpg
    dumbskulls-1.jpg
    piCOLOR.jpg
    dragon.jpg
    goat.jpg
    mask.jpg
    mask0.jpg
    maskbig.jpg
    head3-1.jpg
    head2.jpg
    head1.jpg

And I made a flier for a thing!
    waybackflierWEB.jpg

CHEERS

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    Have you ever done a skateboard EWA? All of these things would look good on a skateboard. You should do a skateboard.

• Options
    Thanks!! I'm actually working with a skateboard company right now, but strangely I'm making comics for them about how their site works. I'll post em as I start to finish them up. I'd love to do a board sometime. At one point I was working on a 5 board set for someone, but my computer was seriously chugging on the size and resolution required for the document. Someday I'll try again though I hope, cause I really want to do that.

• Options
    FiveFive Registered User regular
    You could try to do it entirely in traditional media?
    Anyway, hearing what your job is makes me happy, that sounds like just the right place for you. :-)

15849_s.gif
  • Options
    F87F87 So Say We All Registered User regular
    You create the craziest things and I love it.

• Options
    Yeah you right I could just scan it in at a super high resolution. I never thought of that great idea, THANKS! HAHA oh 5, if you only knew the depths of which I hate my job. But WOO drawin on mah lunchbreaks eases the pain...phew.

TANKS f87

• Options
    Here's those comics I was talkin' bout, I still have one to finish, but here's the first two. They had very spesific points they wanted to get across, but left the storyboarding up to me. Yay?

uthcomic1copy.jpg

uthcomic2copy.jpg

I wish I could make dough doing stuff like this all the time, maybe someday!!

• Options
    NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    That first one is EXCELLENT. Really easy to follow, eye catching.

I had a little bit of trouble following the second one. Going from panel 3 to 4 was a bit confusing, but I'm not sure how to rearrange the panels to make the order more easily understood. Maybe some frames with diagonal panels? Something to guide the reader back over there... not sure.

These guys are so lucky to have you doing this project.

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Hey thanks! I just finished the last one.

uthcomic3.jpg

I agree about what you pointed out about that second one. I couldn't figure out how to do it with the dimensions of the page that they needed.I tried to show the way by putting a bigger gutter in between the top and the bottom, but I think it only kinda worked. Is any one else having the same problem?

Here's the three prototypes I sent to them before I started inkin.
    uthcomic1copy-1.jpg
    uthcomic2copy-1.jpg
    uthcomic3copy.jpg

And the three REALLY early things I sent them before I realized what dimensions they wanted.
    uth1.jpg

uth2.jpg

uth3.jpg

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    ScottyScotty Registered User regular
    Ha! Terrific stuff in this thread...love the style, great lines and shading. Humour is stellar too. :)

• Options
    Thanks Scott!

HA, oh. I remember this thread. Wow, I need to get off my ass! Some sort of art resolution may be in order here.

And damn I gotta get paid for those comics, that was like, forever ago. (i only gave them low resolution versions, but shit, fuck you pay me)

• Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    If I still skateboarded I would want a board with a giant moustache on it.

• Options
    I thought the same thing! Not nearly enough mustaches on things.

• Options
    squidbunnysquidbunny Registered User regular
    Anxiously awaiting the lens flares.

header_image_sm.jpg
  • Options
    HAHA I'll post the fliers in here hopefully tonight, as I need to try to finish them asap.

I took the "no lens flare approach," which in retrospect, I probably could've done differently and created the most satirically awful flier of all time.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    YAY the front of the flier is finished!

For reference...
    Original rough idea:
    pandkFRONT.jpg

Client's vision:
    terribleflier.jpg

I can live with this compromise.

pandkfrontPROOF.jpg

Originally was having trouble coming up with a design/color scheme, until I googled them and saw that they're originally from Uganda, so I lifted the design and colors from that flag. Shameless and effective!

earthwormadam on