As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Paul Christoforo vs. The World or How to stop worrying and love the internet bomb

1272829303133»

• Options
    LovelyLovely Registered User regular
    Okay, okay, so lets say, posting the emails of a super rude service rep really is the worst possible thing ever. The majority of us, do not care. And we continue to not care because Christoforo has done nothing to make us care for him.

So does that make Gabe, and by extention, the majority of the rest of us reading and posting in this thread horrible, horrible people? Okay. sure. Why not. You win Ghost.
    But again, no one particularly cares.

sig.gif
  • Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    KalTorak wrote:
    You're doing nothing but sputtering about how everyone's conduct is wrong without a single thing to back it up other than "I don't like it." Your analogies are off-base and you change your argument* practically mid-sentence. I don't know if you're a troll or just willfully ignoring everyone else's points, but either way you're obviously not interested in having a good-faith discussion.

*generous usage of the word

Because he doesn't see them as points. He sees them as straw men. He has to be a troll because he will not acknowledge anything giving a different viewpoint than his own.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    mr-razzcocksmr-razzcocks Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Kipling217 wrote:
    Kipling217 wrote:
    KalTorak wrote:
    This was. a "proper legal channel."
    It was legal, it was not proper.

Care to tell us the proper channel to warn others about terrible business practices then?
    Why?

Because you keep bringing it up.

I am going to repost this, because I am still waiting for a response.

I don't keep mentioning it at all. It's irrelevant how, it isn't the issue. The issue is plastering someone's private messages over the internet. Arguing that it's somehow fair warning to others out there is absurd. You want to complain about his behaviour as a business report him to the authorities so he can't do business anymore. If you don't have a version of the Trading Standards Office in the colonies get one.

Well, it sort of is the issue if you've made it the issue but won't back it up. It's not a Trading Standards issue, Trading Standards deals with such as companies mis-selling goods, mis-advertising, and a whole host of other actual legal issues. Piss-poor customer service very much belongs in the public domain to be spread as customers, ex-customers and potential customers see fit.
    Lovely wrote:
    Okay, okay, so lets say, posting the emails of a super rude service rep really is the worst possible thing ever. The majority of us, do not care. And we continue to not care because Christoforo has done nothing to make us care for him.

So does that make Gabe, and by extention, the majority of the rest of us reading and posting in this thread horrible, horrible people? Okay. sure. Why not. You win Ghost.
    But again, no one particularly cares.

Or this. This works too.

mr-razzcocks on
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Looking at his track record for infractions, I have a hard time believing ghost whistler isn't tacitly Paul Christoforo.

[Certainly in the UK, not sure if in the US] If you wish for confidentiality on your e-mails, you are required to place a disclaimer within them stating that they are intended specifically for the addressees and them alone, and anyone intentionally passing them on is liable, and anybody who accidentally receives them should be bound by confidentiality as well.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Anyone that's having a hard time understanding the rights and wrongs of this probably shouldn't be on the internet.

Don't be so hard on yourself.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    ghost whistlerghost whistler explodicator HereRegistered User regular
    Nova_C wrote:
    Anyone that's having a hard time understanding the rights and wrongs of this probably shouldn't be on the internet.

So you're gonna cancel your subscription with your ISP then?

We're all still waiting for you to explain how a conversation between a company rep and a customer is private. No personal information of either party was contained within, or posted to PA's front page. The entire contents were for all intents and purposes the official position of Ocean Marketing on customer complaints. That's not a private conversation.
    Were you cc'd in the initial emails?

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Nova_C wrote:

So you're gonna cancel your subscription with your ISP then?

We're all still waiting for you to explain how a conversation between a company rep and a customer is private. No personal information of either party was contained within, or posted to PA's front page. The entire contents were for all intents and purposes the official position of Ocean Marketing on customer complaints. That's not a private conversation.
    Were you cc'd in the initial emails?

This is irrelevant, although I'm not surprised that you're completely unable to answer the question.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    If one can dismiss something with no evidence to back it up, so can we dismiss their contrary claim with no evidence.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    SarcasmoBlasterSarcasmoBlaster Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    Man, where were guys with this apparent reverence for the customer service rep/customer relationship when I was working crappy csr jobs?

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    This discussion has run its course

This discussion has been closed.